In gun-friendly North Dakota, activis...

In gun-friendly North Dakota, activist tries something new: gun control

There are 6 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 21, 2013, titled In gun-friendly North Dakota, activist tries something new: gun control. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

One recent afternoon, Susan Beehler, who may be the only gun-control advocate in all of North Dakota, walked into VFW Post 762, a dimly lit, wood-paneled bar in downtown Fargo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

DENG

Nanjing, China

#1 Feb 21, 2013
THE COUNTRY PEOPLE THERE IN NORTH DAKOTA NEED GUNS TO PROTECT THE LIVESTOCK FROM BEARS AND WOLVES, BUT ARE THERE ANY BEARS OR WOLVES LIVING IN THE CITY OF FARGO???
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#2 Feb 21, 2013
DENG wrote:
THE COUNTRY PEOPLE THERE IN NORTH DAKOTA NEED GUNS TO PROTECT THE LIVESTOCK FROM BEARS AND WOLVES, BUT ARE THERE ANY BEARS OR WOLVES LIVING IN THE CITY OF FARGO???
It really doesn't matter. In this country we have something called the U.S. Constitution that guarantees the right of law abiding citizens to
own a gun.

There isn't any bears or wolves living in the city, but there are plenty of two-legged sewer rats that people need to protect themselves from.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#3 Feb 21, 2013
DENG wrote:

WE UNDERSTAND: AMERICA HAS A HOPELESS AND VERY POOR GOVERNMENT THERE THAT LETS CRIMINALS RUN LOOSE LIKE THE SUPER-ILLEGAL DRUG KINGPINS, WHO ARE THE POWERFUL POLITICIANS AND THE BIG FINANCIERS THERE, AND WITH NO REGULATIONS ON INVESTMENTS THAT HAS PERMITTED THE SENDING OF MOST ECONOMIC INVESTMENTS OUT OF THE UNITED STATES IN THE LAST 25 YEARS CREATING A HUGE DOMESTIC POVERTY AND DESPERATE PEOPLE WHO WILL KILL ANYONE AND STEAL TO SURVIVE.
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't matter. In this country we have something called the U.S. Constitution that guarantees the right of law abiding citizens to
own a gun.
There isn't any bears or wolves living in the city, but there are plenty of two-legged sewer rats that people need to protect themselves from.

Since: Aug 12

Collinsville, IL

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Actually the people made a foolish decision to take the law abiding poor mans gun away because a study said that criminals spent 75 dollars on their guns, and it also listed in the unimportant appendix that phrases that the predators used to described these guns; magnum, 6" barrel, chrome plated,.45 calibre.

Because of this the weakest of our citizens where condemned to become even more defenceless and as in other counties had their children stolen by guerrilla-militia (gangs) warlords to fight and kill each other over territory and taxes (protection, drugs, etc.).
Sam I am

Salem, AR

#5 Mar 11, 2013
The people who cry to get rid of guns always wish they had a gun when a thug has one pointed at them! Don't you have enough freakin sense to know that the criminals are going to have guns no matter what? Why don't you go on back to dreaming about rainbows and kittens and let the REAL Americans enjoy our freedom and our right to defend ourselves. I think the real problem here is that people like you are setting in their homes scared to face the real world. Spineless, smart mouthed citizens who are afraid of guns and life and they actually think in their fairy dusted brain that life would be so peaceful if they took our guns! Obama followers who can't think for themselves and who have drug America down and made us look FAR from the country we use to be. What do you really plan to do when you are sitting in your home and someone breaks in to rob, murder or rape you or someone you love? I don't think rainbows, care bears and unicorns will help you and neither will Obama!!

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#6 Mar 11, 2013
As one poster with the story said "We don't vote on inalienable rights! They are not subject to mob rule!" Enough, very well said! I can add nothing to it!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 4 min Aspirin Between M... 651
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min David 17,638
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min swampmudd 1,685,150
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min bonespurscadet 53,132
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Earl 243,259
News To the left or middle? Lupe Valdez, Andrew Whit... 20 min White Mike 2
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 43 min Criminal X 326,728
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 6 hr RiccardoFire 346
More from around the web