Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Ten...

Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension

There are 3668 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Aug 12, 2014, titled Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Police guard a gas station that was burned when protests over the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown led to unrest and looting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

cancersuxs

Faribault, MN

#2270 Sep 4, 2014
Tuth...your from Georgia..I REST MY CASE KKK BOY.

I will stick with facts. You can post what you heard at your KKK meeting.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#2271 Sep 4, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
His parents might see it different. Obviously they didn't spend enough time raising him.
I can't pretend to know what kind of parents this boy had, because I haven't seen anything about them, one way or another. I do know, from my own experience, that my widowed mom raised 4 kids on her own from the age of 31. She was a great example for each of us and a hard worker. My siblings and I are/were contributing members of society, some educated thru college, some thru high school only. My older brother was killed by way of one of his drug addict friends injecting him with the contents of a morphine patch. A very high dose during a cold night, he went to sleep and never woke up. My mom raised all of us "better than that". She did all that she could and all that any loving parent would be expected to do. My brother strayed. Went the wrong way, later in his life. The pain I've seen my mom go thru is like none I ever want to experience. Of course I hurt, too, but she isn't even the same person. I'm not saying this to "put you in your place" or make you feel bad, but just to say, truthfully, we can be the best parents, teach our kids right from wrong, etc.but we just can't say for certain that our kids will never stray from our teachings. Maybe MB had good parents and he strayed. Maybe they failed him. Either way, it has to hurt.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#2272 Sep 4, 2014
cancersuxs wrote:
<quoted text>
THE COP HAD N ONE MARK ON HIM AT THAT TIME. I will stick with facts you can have your fox news(Nazi news) lies.
You don't know that, you lying piece of shyt!

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#2273 Sep 4, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
This video has been out for a while...Make sure you read it thoroughly.
You must have missed it when you were out looking for a Wilson cheerleading uniform.
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/ferguson-co...
must be a medal waiting for Wilson somewhere.

“you know i know”

denver

#2274 Sep 4, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun?
who did thug brown kill?

“you know i know”

denver

#2275 Sep 4, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun? Wilson? Where?
who did he kill?

“you know i know”

denver

#2276 Sep 4, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun info? Where?
who? white guy was it?
1 post removed

“you know i know”

denver

#2278 Sep 4, 2014
Gerry Curl wrote:
All I know is since moving north from the south, I feel much safer than I did, not completely but safer from injustices like what happened to Mike.
behave yurself, you'll be fine. So much misery s brought on people by their own bad behavior.

“you know i know”

denver

#2279 Sep 4, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
In the two decades before you grew up, African Americans were being murdered and lynched for trying to vote, use public facilities, and for simply trying to exercise the basic rights that whites took for granted, and no southern jury would convict a white for murdering a black man or woman. Are you insinuating the people who fought for those rights were "the ones that caused problems"?
Attitudes of a great many whites haven't changed much as you can see by the racist comments posted here. Racism is still alive in the US, it's just more subtle. Laws written to protect African Americans didn't change racist hearts. It only inspired them to seek ways to circumvent the laws.
perhaps, altho you exaggerate, however more whites and others have been killed by blacks in the last 40 years than all black people lynched, many times over.

“you know i know”

denver

#2280 Sep 4, 2014
cancersuxs wrote:
Tuth...your from Georgia..I REST MY CASE KKK BOY.
I will stick with facts. You can post what you heard at your KKK meeting.
The facts are another violent criminal black was killed committing a felony and now it's time for yur ilk to whine, whine, whine.

Just like Traygone we don't need no big investigation.
1 post removed
big picture

United States

#2282 Sep 4, 2014
I have worked in both predominately white and black areas. To be honest, i see more criminal activity happening in black areas. Is it because they are black? No. The dynamics are different than white suburbs. However, look at a predominately white low cost trailer park and you will see the dynamics are similar. Drug use, welfare, broken families... im not saying all poverty stricken people are theives either...it is that they are at a high risk for those types of behavior.
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#2283 Sep 4, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Physical beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You are ugly on the inside and that ugly goes all the way to the bone and eventually maifests itself on the outside.
That's what all ugly people say.
1 post removed

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2285 Sep 5, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Ronald, you give me all the ammunition I need to prove my point; racism is still alive and well in the US, and very little has changed.
SURE IT IS..........Obama has promoted it for the last ten years from organizer to present.
Concern Citizen

Florissant, MO

#2286 Sep 5, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the real question is how good a person Brown was because his past might give us some insight to his actions that day.
Some cops pull you over and the are total azzzholes. Others are nice, respectful and helpful.
No matter what personality a cop has, you have to respect their authority. That's why we gave him or her that authority in the first place. If a police officer is out of line, then you just do what they say and take your grievances to their superiors, your local politicians, and if no satisfaction is found there, to your local media.
What you do not do is challenge an officer in the street. That's not the place to fight your disagreements.
Absolutely and completely disagree with you. That is blind obedience what you are describing something that a dog would do. The idea that a police officer cannot be wrong, cannot cause unnecessary harm is beyond belief. Just like Mister Zimmerman this police officer had an attitude when he first approached these 2 people. When people say he asked them to get off the street they seem to overlook the curse word he used expressing his point of view.

The police officers during the civil rights struggle who were members of the KKK, you're telling me they are people that are supposed to respect these one-sided thinking and hateful people suppose to be protecting but are in fact responsible for killing people. Maybe the police have been good to you but they haven't been good to everybody and when you present this kind of argument such as this post you are clearly saying the public is always wrong and the police is always right.

Can someone tell me If It's True that did Mike Brown's body lay open in the street for 4 Hours? What kind of good policing is that? If the police did not care for Mike Brown how is it they did not care about the little children exposed to this situation which could certainly traumatized them having to view a dead person in the street for hours I'm in at loss to understand this.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#2287 Sep 5, 2014
Concern Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Mister Zimmerman this police officer had an attitude when he first approached these 2 people.
So?

An "attitude" doesn't justify a violent response.......
Concern Citizen

Florissant, MO

#2288 Sep 5, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
An "attitude" doesn't justify a violent response.......
An Attitude shouldn't result in killing but it often does.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#2289 Sep 5, 2014
Concern Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
An Attitude shouldn't result in killing but it often does.
With the fault lying with those who choose to escalate to violence........
Concern Citizen

Florissant, MO

#2290 Sep 5, 2014
So what you're saying is is okay for the police to brutalize people, They should just have to take it!
cancersuxs

Faribault, MN

#2291 Sep 5, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
With the fault lying with those who choose to escalate to violence........
Yep the cop wanted to kill. So he got things rolling toward violence.
Linda Sterling

Detroit, MI

#2292 Sep 5, 2014
It's ironic that u wites r so antiviolence. This country was built on it. Violence against the Brits, Indians, slavery, Jim Crow, and on and on. U of all ppl shud understand violence, its riit causes, and everything else associated with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,419,548
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Blitzking 205,139
News Clinton leads Trump, August 9 min spocko 350
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Hill4me 222,633
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 12 min Frankie Rizzo 16,009
News Obama grants CDC whistleblower immunity for exp... 14 min ADVERSE EVENTS 1
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 15 min Actual Science 777
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 19 min swampmudd 7,908
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 24 min Denny CranesPlace 67
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 393,331
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Uncle Tab 239,658
More from around the web