Assault weapons ban passes panel on p...

Assault weapons ban passes panel on party-line vote, but full Senate expected to shoot it down

There are 245 comments on the nydailynews.com story from Mar 14, 2013, titled Assault weapons ban passes panel on party-line vote, but full Senate expected to shoot it down. In it, nydailynews.com reports that:

The Senate Judiciary Committee's ranking Republican, Sen. Charles Grassley , voted against the assault weapons ban with the rest of his party, while the Democratic chairman, Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at nydailynews.com.

Cat74

Palatine, IL

#195 Mar 22, 2013
I owe the Professor an apology. The Georgia shooter was a teen ager. However I was right about his being black. The dead child was white, and the shooter, and his black friend both have extensive criminal records. There was a witness who earlier said the shooter was black. Really if I had to guess each time these things happen, and I guessed black I would be right 98% of the time.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#196 Mar 22, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
I owe the Professor an apology. The Georgia shooter was a teen ager. However I was right about his being black. The dead child was white, and the shooter, and his black friend both have extensive criminal records. There was a witness who earlier said the shooter was black. Really if I had to guess each time these things happen, and I guessed black I would be right 98% of the time.
That # is a little high: http://www.google.com/url...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#197 Mar 25, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The shooter I mentioned is 10 years old, not a teen, and he is black. You would like to believe others, like white people, are shooting up their neighborhoods, but they aren't. Face the truth. There are no cities in this country complaining about white neighborhood killings every week. Yes. white people, and Hispanic people kill each other, but not for sport, like on the South side of Chicago, and not every week, week after week. People will not be able to fix the problems until they face up to them.
Again, you need for shooters to be black and trumpet such killings (especially of your protected race, white people) as loudly as you can. Of course you largely ignore black-on-black crime, except as part of your racist effort to portray black Americans as 'savages.'

The problems will not be fixed with a single solution, but getting guns out of circulation is one OBVIOUS necessity.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#198 Mar 25, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
More of the same. If I had to guess which crimes you'd post about, it would be black-on-anybody, starting with black-on-white.

If one were to guess you were a racist, one would be right 100% of the time.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#199 Mar 25, 2013
Where are there neighborhoods in white areas that start shooting at each other on Thursday, and don't stop until Sunday night when they are too tired to play the game any longer or out of bullets? 2 dead, and 18 wounded in the Chicago neighborhoods where this happens over the weekend week after week. I am not making it up, and I refuse to let the likes of you cover it up. This problem needs to be addressed, but the Mayor, and Police Chief are powerless to stop it. You would like to stop the debate, but it has gone on far to long to ignore. You are so educated, what is your solution, beside to disarm the law abiding citizen who would not go near those neighborhoods.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#200 Mar 25, 2013
BTW, calling me racist won't stop the debate. Racist has lost its sting since black people use it for everything they disagree with, far too often.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#201 Mar 25, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
BTW, calling me racist won't stop the debate. Racist has lost its sting since black people use it for everything they disagree with, far too often.
White or black or asian, if you're a racist, you're a racist. And you are...a racist.

The vast majority of black Americans, to my knowledge, do NOT use "racist" to describe anyone they disagree with, any more than they use it to describe someone who doesn't like or agree with Mr. Obama.

Those are just rigtie inventions, basically...
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#202 Mar 25, 2013
That is funny. The few black people I come into contact with constantly excuse their Chicago weekly killing with calling anyone who brings it up a racist. There is no excuse for their behavior. The sooner you recognize the problem, the sooner you can help them find a solution. Government has put billions of dollars into those neighborhoods since the 1960s, and it has gotten worse. There are some people outside the community that are begining to look for solutions, but again it calls for millions of dollars being pumped into the area with no guarantee it will change a thing. If you are anywhere near as smart as you appear to be you know that is the truth.

outdoors

#203 Mar 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you need for shooters to be black and trumpet such killings (especially of your protected race, white people) as loudly as you can. Of course you largely ignore black-on-black crime, except as part of your racist effort to portray black Americans as 'savages.'
The problems will not be fixed with a single solution, but getting guns out of circulation is one OBVIOUS necessity.
Well if you would bother to look,

Racial Murder Statistics the Left and Others don't want you to know (Vanity)
March 27,2012 | justanotherokie

Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:47:25 PM by ImJustAnotherOkie

I spent a little time browsing FBI Crime Stats for 2010(Last year that has been finalized) and made some interesting discoveries.

Did you know that 90% of blacks are murdered by blacks, and 83% of whites are murdered by whites?

Did you know that there are 14.82 murders per 100K by blacks versus 2.17 per 100K for whites?

Per capita there are 7x more murders committed by blacks than whites.

I didnít make this up. It comes directly from the FBI. I just cut the numbers in a more revealing manner .
http://www.google.com/url...
You would see the facts- idiot. It's because it's true. Races tend to prey on their own. It's just that blacks do it xxxx more often.

outdoors

#204 Mar 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
More of the same. If I had to guess which crimes you'd post about, it would be black-on-anybody, starting with black-on-white.
If one were to guess you were a racist, one would be right 100% of the time.
So as you can see, sport, YOU are the racist, because that's the first thing that pops into your head.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#205 Mar 25, 2013
No race in this coutry is protected. We are all the same. It happens that in the African American neighbrhoods they use their poverty to excuse every problem they have ever had, and they call everyone who points out their social problems racist. If those people killing each other in Chicago spent half the time they waste trying to accomplish something they could get jobs, have families, enjoy life. Instead they prey on each other like animals in the kingdom. You now I am right

outdoors

#206 Mar 25, 2013
"Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth and liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politicians"- George Patton.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#207 Mar 26, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
That is funny. The few black people I come into contact with constantly excuse their Chicago weekly killing with calling anyone who brings it up a racist. There is no excuse for their behavior. The sooner you recognize the problem, the sooner you can help them find a solution. Government has put billions of dollars into those neighborhoods since the 1960s, and it has gotten worse. There are some people outside the community that are begining to look for solutions, but again it calls for millions of dollars being pumped into the area with no guarantee it will change a thing. If you are anywhere near as smart as you appear to be you know that is the truth.
Black people probably shun you because they can smell the racism on you.

Solutions to violence in poor and inner-city communities are of course important and will be complex - but hating on black people won't get us there.

You need to know that.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#208 Mar 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
"Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth and liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politicians"- George Patton.
Even if Patton said it, it means nothing. He was a violence-crazed arrogant nutjob who was once removed from command for striking a wounded soldier he considered a 'malingerer.'

A real Rightie asshat-type...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#209 Mar 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you would bother to look,
Racial Murder Statistics the Left and Others don't want you to know (Vanity)
March 27,2012 | justanotherokie
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:47:25 PM by ImJustAnotherOkie
I spent a little time browsing FBI Crime Stats for 2010(Last year that has been finalized) and made some interesting discoveries.
Did you know that 90% of blacks are murdered by blacks, and 83% of whites are murdered by whites?
Did you know that there are 14.82 murders per 100K by blacks versus 2.17 per 100K for whites?
Per capita there are 7x more murders committed by blacks than whites.
I didnít make this up. It comes directly from the FBI. I just cut the numbers in a more revealing manner .
http://www.google.com/url...
You would see the facts- idiot. It's because it's true. Races tend to prey on their own. It's just that blacks do it xxxx more often.
Irrelevant, since I didn't dispute the problem of black-on-black crime, and wasn't even talking to you.

Get lost.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#210 Mar 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Patton said it, it means nothing. He was a violence-crazed arrogant nutjob who was once removed from command for striking a wounded soldier he considered a 'malingerer.'
A real Rightie asshat-type...
and if Patton hadn't done what he did, you would be speaking German, and doing the goose-step. Thank goodness they don't allow people such as you, anywhere near a position of power.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#211 Mar 26, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>and if Patton hadn't done what he did, you would be speaking German, and doing the goose-step. Thank goodness they don't allow people such as you, anywhere near a position of power.
Patton WON THE WAR BY HIMSELF! Well ho-effing-sanna, a new bit of historical knowledge is revealed to us by a rightie nutball!

LOL

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#212 Mar 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Patton WON THE WAR BY HIMSELF! Well ho-effing-sanna, a new bit of historical knowledge is revealed to us by a rightie nutball!
LOL
Never said that, you lefty nutcase... But that type of thinking is what elected Barack Hussein Obama.. Gee Whiz you continue to show your ignorance.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#213 Mar 26, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Never said that, you lefty nutcase... But that type of thinking is what elected Barack Hussein Obama.. Gee Whiz you continue to show your ignorance.
Gaddammed liar...you posted this:

"..if Patton hadn't done what he did, you would be speaking German"

Patton, and Patton ALONE defeated Hitler and prevented me and (presumably) all Americans from speaking German, you said.

Don't you READ your own posts, or what, pinhead?:)
Someone You Know

Garland, TX

#214 Mar 26, 2013
I'm a Democrat but I'm extremely angry with MY party for pushing this idiotic nonsense based on lies by the gun grabbers.

Senator Feinstein, I guess you didn't listen when President Clinton mentioned that the assault weapons ban was one of the major reasons why Gore wasn't elected.

I haven't voted for a single Republican since Ronald Reagan (yes, that was a mistake but I learned my lesson) but there are millions like me that will simply NOT show up to vote since we can not stomach voting for the GOP.

Not that you guys are doing much for us anyway. You screwed up the health Care Law as you did nothing to lower the runaway prices and Medicare for All wasn't even on the table and now Obama has indicated a willingness to put Social Security and Medcare on the table as well as other needed programs.

LIBERALS? what liberals???

Furthermore on the "a stopped clock is right twice a day" principle, you've chosen to challenge the GOP on the ONLY two things they've EVER been right about, guns and ILLEGAL immigrants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 6 min Le Jimbo 121
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Coffee Party 194,669
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Ari son of Anarchy 190,401
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min sonicfilter 1,264,209
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 11 min Le Jimbo 109
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 13 min ChristineW 11,007
News Charles Koch slams 'corporate welfare' 17 min Le Jimbo 5
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Chimney1 172,004
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 hr Brian_G 336,863
More from around the web