Rubio, Ryan look to the future during award dinner speeches

There are 20 comments on the Dec 5, 2012, Washington Post story titled Rubio, Ryan look to the future during award dinner speeches. In it, Washington Post reports that:

Two high-profile Republican members of Congress who stand at the forefront of the effort to rebuild the party after a stinging presidential defeat delivered speeches Tuesday night aimed at turning the page with a fresh emphasis on inclusion and a renewed focus on growing the middle class.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Post.

Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#63 Dec 5, 2012
Patriotic Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan has far too much class, character, dignity, and Integrity to ....
... win his own state of Wisconsin? LOLL
1 post removed
YourEx

United States

#65 Dec 5, 2012
Les Claypool wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just what I've been told. The kid at the corner store told me that he gets free gov. grants to go to jr. college because his dad doesn't work. He has to keep his grades up though. Sounds good to me.
Do you know where I can get my Obamaphone?
I'm dropping my Sprint service. I'm ditching the Verizon fios service too. That’ll save me about $700 a month. I'll be home all day, so I'll get rid of my home ADT alarm service. I'll let the house cleaner go. Sell the Denali. Get me some no-income free healthcare, some rabbit ears and an EBT card. I have a couple of good bicycles and a motorcycle. So I won't be spending $100 a week on gas any more. I'll pull my daughter out of that over priced Primrose pre-school. The guy who runs it is an evil Repulicant. I'm liking this more and more. Lots of time at home, hit the gym every day, spend some time with my kids, do some fishing. I'll kick back and laugh at all those people running the rat race, trying to get ahead. What fools!
You mean you'll live
Within
Your means and actualy
Raise
Your own children?
How
UN-American.
Good call spending "some" time with your kids though.
It will save a lot of "I wish I would've" in your senior years.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#66 Dec 5, 2012
Paul Ryan won the, "Treasonous Representative of the Year" award....for leading House republicans in blocking, every democratic job's bill in the last two years, while shouting on Fox, for Obama to supply jobs....masterfull treason....
1 post removed
Les Claypool

Grapevine, TX

#68 Dec 5, 2012
YourEx wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you'll live
Within
Your means and actualy
Raise
Your own children?
How
UN-American.
Good call spending "some" time with your kids though.
It will save a lot of "I wish I would've" in your senior years.
Hell yea! That's what I've been telling my wife, co-workers and Sr. managers for years. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, will you pay my mortgage?
Your Ex

United States

#69 Dec 5, 2012
Les Claypool wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yea! That's what I've been telling my wife, co-workers and Sr. managers for years. Thanks for sharing.
BTW, will you pay my mortgage?
Actually
As I had a 15yr mortgage
And kept driving a 20yr old car
I'm debt free and
Could
Pay yours.
But I'd rather spoil
The kids.....
PS, they still havet "frizzle fry" in the tape deck.
Thanks for the great tunes ;)
fatbacks x

United States

#70 Dec 5, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
Karl Rove's familiar 2012 presence on Fox News appears to be coming to a halt.
New York Magazine reports that President Roger Ailes is limiting Rove and fellow contributor Dick Morris' presences for the time being. A Fox News representative affirmed the situation to NYMag, adding that programming chief Bill Shine conveyed "the election's over."
Morris drew similar attention for his prediction that GOP candidate Mitt Romney was headed to a landslide victory. New York Magazine's report notes that Shine is requiring producers to ask for approval before lining up any Rove or Morris appearances.
“According to multiple Fox sources,” writes Sherman,“Ailes has a directive to his staff: He wants the faces associated with the election off the air – for now. For Karl Rove and Dick Morris – a pair of pundits perhaps most closely aligned with Fox’s anti-Obama campaign – Ailes’ orders mean new rules. Ailes’ deputy, Fox News programming chief Bill Shine, has sent out orders mandating that producers must get permission before booking Rove or Morris.”
Maybe they could join Ted over at the Washington Times.
They could carpool.
In a Hummer of course.
Poor teabaggers.
Why does the big money all go to the repug jay offs?
Dane T

AOL

#71 Dec 5, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Paul Ryan won the, "Treasonous Representative of the Year" award....for leading House republicans in blocking, every democratic job's bill in the last two years, while shouting on Fox, for Obama to supply jobs....masterfull treason....
Paul Ryan isn't expected to appeal to occupiers, anarchists, or those cold hearted "progressive" Freaks. Ryan is admired by positive people who want the best for their families and our Country......not people like you!
1 post removed
Billy Ringo

Rego Park, NY

#73 Dec 5, 2012
Ruby and Lyin' Ryan are the future of the Goofy Old Party?

Palin/Bachmann - 2016 <--- way mavericky !!!!

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#74 Dec 6, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
"This afternoon at the White House, the President met with influential progressives to talk about the importance of preventing a tax increase on middle class families, strengthening our economy and adopting a balanced approach to deficit reduction," Earnest said in a statement Tuesday.
Appearently Le Dimbulb naturally read the Newmax version of a Weekly Standard STORY.
Your lying home boy is playing games with million of peoples peace of mind and bank accounts.

McConnell Offers To Vote On Obama's Fiscal Cliff Plan, Reid Objects...sure, Obama wants the cliff. It's what his first four years was all about. Distruction.

Paris

#75 Dec 6, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
Ruby and Lyin' Ryan are the future of the Goofy Old Party?
Palin/Bachmann - 2016 <--- way mavericky !!!!
You get the prune queen and Billy and secretary of sex, the lefts new cabinet postion.

Paris

#76 Dec 6, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Your lying home boy is playing games with million of peoples peace of mind and bank accounts.

McConnell Offers To Vote On Obama's Fiscal Cliff Plan, Reid Objects...sure, Obama wants the cliff. It's what his first four years was all about. Distruction.

Location hidden

#77 Dec 6, 2012
Dane T wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Ryan isn't expected to appeal to occupiers, anarchists, or those cold hearted "progressive" Freaks. Ryan is admired by positive people who want the best for their families and our Country......not people like you!
So then, treason is the excepted path for the GOP.....

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#78 Dec 6, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So then, treason is the excepted path for the GOP.....
Treason was committed in Benghazi by your weak, cowardly Home Boy in the White House. Normal people are ashamed of him. You dance and celebrate in the blood he has spilled. Is the universe made to reward or punish people like you? We shall see. We shall see.
CarolO

Hudsonville, MI

#79 Dec 6, 2012
Ryan kills me. After two years of wanting to get rid of Social Security and Medicare, he suddenly cares about the middle class? What a sick joke this joker is.
Dane T

AOL

#80 Dec 6, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So then, treason is the excepted path for the GOP.....
Of course, the Benghazi murders made re-electing President Obama unthinkable to proud American voters. Proud American voters don't have the majority anymore so Obama won. Celebrate your Victory over proud Americans but remember Gloating shows a complete lack of breeding and makes the World see you as no better than Pelosi or Obama.

Location hidden

#81 Dec 6, 2012
CarolO wrote:
Ryan kills me. After two years of wanting to get rid of Social Security and Medicare, he suddenly cares about the middle class? What a sick joke this joker is.
Not only that, but after fighting for years to block any tax inreases on the 2%ers....We see, that courtside tickets for tonight's Knicks vs. Miami Heat game, are running $7,500-$8,500 each.....It's a world gone mad.....

Location hidden

#82 Dec 6, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>Treason was committed in Benghazi by your weak, cowardly Home Boy in the White House. Normal people are ashamed of him. You dance and celebrate in the blood he has spilled. Is the universe made to reward or punish people like you? We shall see. We shall see.
..YOU COULD'NT PROVE THAT, BEFORE WHEN ASKED.....Still wanna go there, even tho, you don't walk the walk?

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#83 Dec 6, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Senator:'Obama Quietly Handing Over Billions of Dollars to UN in Name of Global Warming'...

GALLUP: Unemployment rate at 8.3%...

McConnell Offers To Vote On Obama's Fiscal Cliff Plan, Reid Objects...The cliff is an Obama hoax.

Location hidden

#84 Dec 6, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..YOU COULD'NT PROVE THAT, BEFORE WHEN ASKED.....Still wanna go there, even tho, you don't walk the walk?
REPORT: CIA moved swiftly to scrub, abandon Libya facility after attack...Of course they did. How else to hide the arms deals with the rebels.

U.S.-Approved Arms for Libya Rebels Fell Into Jihadis' Hands...

Location hidden

#85 Dec 6, 2012
Fast and Furious part deux. Only 30,000 dead this time from Obama's hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White Ho... 12 min Wondering 89
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Earthling-1 52,856
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 35 min david traversa 9
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 46 min Chimney1 160,869
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Foo 179,146
News Same-sex marriage pioneer among lawyers for hig... 2 hr Belle Sexton 13
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Belle Sexton 59,292
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 3 hr barefoot2626 151
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr Lily Boca Raton Fl 1,220,137
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr Valerie 324,392
News Biden: 'Guys a you have to step up' to fight vi... 4 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 99
More from around the web