Rep. Ed Whitfield in area counties on...

Rep. Ed Whitfield in area counties on August 5, 2010

There are 58 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Jul 30, 2010, titled Rep. Ed Whitfield in area counties on August 5, 2010. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

Rep. Ed Whitfield in area counties on August 5, 2010 First District Congressman Ed Whitfield will be in Edmonton, Burkesville, Jamestown and Tompkinsville on Thursday, August 5, 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Come on out of the closet

Cleburne, TX

#41 Sep 5, 2010
furnandeux wrote:
<quoted text>
can always count on a liberal to contribute something vulgar out of the clear blue - it's a character thing, folks -
With a user name like Furnandeux I would would not leave you alone at the boys school.

Since: Nov 07

Burkesville, KY

#42 Sep 5, 2010
Come on out of the closet wrote:
<quoted text>
With a user name like Furnandeux I would would not leave you alone at the boys school.

driveral -
SPELL CHECK

United States

#43 Sep 5, 2010
driv·el&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;dr&# 618;v&#601;l/ Show Spelled [driv-uhl] Show IPA noun, verb,-eled,-el·ing or ( especially British )-elled,-el·ling.
–noun
1. saliva flowing from the mouth, or mucus from the nose; slaver.
2. childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle.
–verb (used without object)
3. to let saliva flow from the mouth or mucus from the nose; slaver.
4. to talk childishly or idiotically.
5. Archaic . to issue like spittle.
–verb (used with object)
6. to utter childishly or idiotically.
7. to waste foolishly.

Is this what you meant Drival EVen conservatives have trouble with typos
Now for something serious

United States

#44 Sep 5, 2010
Go to any of our local communities and see the current state of economic affairs and tell me what the current republican representatives and senators have done for us. I was in Tompkinsville the other day and almost all of the industry is gone... empty store fronts and vacant factories. I was told by my that Monroe county consitantly has the highest number of votes for these republicans and I cant see a damn bit of good it has done for the area. Now I wont be a narrow minded conservative about it i blame the Dems as well. But put the credit where credit is due. Who represents us? republicans and what have they done to help our community? Showing up at the fish fry and giving a talk is just BS... a vain attempt at trying to persuade the populace that they are doing a good job. I was priveledged to meet the local whitfield rep a short time ago and when i inquired about the ghost town status of main street in T'ville i found a very aggresive response in my opinion a very defensive response for a very defensless position. I remember when these local areas flourished with opportunity it wasn't wall street but people could get a job and survive now what is available walmart (chinese communist store front)even many of the stars are red now.
river runner

AOL

#45 Sep 6, 2010
I have found that Repubilicans want only to help the rich you can see that by the way the coal money is backing Rand Paul and do we know where his money coming from. If we want jobs we need progressive leaders who are trying to help the working people not Wall St. Repubilicans get the under informed to vote for them through fear. one of the best quots is "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"
lunatic fringe

Scottsville, KY

#46 Sep 6, 2010
smilin bob wrote:
whitfield is a joke of a congressman, has not done one thing for Russell County.
Then vote for the other guy Bob. He'll be re-elected because the rest of the people like him, but vote for the other guy. That's the American way.
lunatic fringe

Scottsville, KY

#47 Sep 6, 2010
whocares wrote:
IF you wantscredwdust ask a rep cong or sen. vote dems.REP have give u nothing. USLESSES.Expect
Take away like that idiot rand paul
Rand Paul leads Conway by 15%. He'll be your next senator. You can thank your boy Barack (idiot) Obama for that.
lunatic fringe

Scottsville, KY

#48 Sep 6, 2010
river runner wrote:
I have found that Repubilicans want only to help the rich you can see that by the way the coal money is backing Rand Paul and do we know where his money coming from. If we want jobs we need progressive leaders who are trying to help the working people not Wall St. Repubilicans get the under informed to vote for them through fear. one of the best quots is "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"
You like to bash the rich. There's more rich democrats in congress than rich Republicans. Seven of the top ten richest are democrats. The only thing I fear is "rich" democrats holding on to power.

But that ain't likely to happen.
lunatic fringe

Scottsville, KY

#49 Sep 6, 2010
Wasted Words wrote:
FYI I am Highly educated and would like to point out that the Republican party took total control of the executive and legislative branch for nearly a decade SPENT more money than any previous administration EVER and YeS ED whitfield was a part of that yes man vote for W Now we are left to pay the bill HE is in need of a permanent vaction VOTE HIM and Mcconnel and bunting out they are poor excuses for politicians and Kentuckians. AND CONSERVATIVES what a joke privateers more likely or crooks
You say, " FYI I am Highly educated". Perhaps you are educated beyond your intelligence.

After the Republican spending you speak of:

Then came Barack Muslim Obama. He ran up a bigger bugget deficit in one year than ALL PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS COMBINED. He has spent more in his first year than the total cost of the Iraq war.

Ed has worked to try to block this "make believe" Presidents wild spending. Ed will be re-elected. Nobody likes Ed except the vast majority of the voters. You democrat whiners need to just get over it and move on.

Burkesville, KY

#50 Sep 6, 2010
SPELL CHECK wrote:
driv·el&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;dr&# 618;v&#601;l/ Show Spelled [driv-uhl] Show IPA noun, verb,-eled,-el·ing or ( especially British )-elled,-el·ling.
–noun
1. saliva flowing from the mouth, or mucus from the nose; slaver.
2. childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle.
–verb (used without object)
3. to let saliva flow from the mouth or mucus from the nose; slaver.
4. to talk childishly or idiotically.
5. Archaic . to issue like spittle.
–verb (used with object)
6. to utter childishly or idiotically.
7. to waste foolishly.
Is this what you meant Drival EVen conservatives have trouble with typos
more driveral -

Burkesville, KY

#51 Sep 6, 2010
Now for something serious wrote:
Go to any of our local communities and see the current state of economic affairs and tell me what the current republican representatives and senators have done for us.
nonsense - show me any area under democrat representation that is any different - it's called "the economy" - actually, it's "obama's economy" -
Reality check

United States

#52 Sep 6, 2010
Denial pure and simple.
river runner

AOL

#53 Sep 6, 2010
Google Ed Witfield and see where his money comes from Not from Ky

Burkesville, KY

#54 Sep 6, 2010
Reality check wrote:
Denial pure and simple.
pretty vague - you talking to anyone in particular ?

Burkesville, KY

#55 Sep 6, 2010
river runner wrote:
Google Ed Witfield and see where his money comes from Not from Ky
google obama and see how much of his backing comes from the middle east -
D Williams

Russell Springs, KY

#56 Sep 14, 2010
Whitfield is not to smart, somewhat of a turd.
Angela Lee

Manchester, KY

#57 Aug 5, 2014
What about the fact that Ed Whitfield is going to be investigated by the Republican Ethics Committee? Has to do with long-time dealings with a lobbyist, some land he bought with her in The Greenbrier, West Virginia, and other issues? Doesn't that make anybody worry about voting for him again?
CSeXer

Russell Springs, KY

#58 Aug 6, 2014
Angela Lee wrote:
What about the fact that Ed Whitfield is going to be investigated by the Republican Ethics Committee? Has to do with long-time dealings with a lobbyist, some land he bought with her in The Greenbrier, West Virginia, and other issues? Doesn't that make anybody worry about voting for him again?
And don't forget the focker doesn't even live in Ky, he lives in Jacksonville Florida when he isn't in Washington.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min La La Land 10,386
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Obama is a joke 1,403,953
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min THE LONE WORKER 201,234
News Pro-Sanders demonstrators march in the swelteri... 23 min Responsibility 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 40 min Abe 232,974
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min Rogue Scholar 05 219,455
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 391,199
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 4 hr woodtick57 193
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 7 hr spud 166
More from around the web