Rep. Ed Whitfield in area counties on...

Rep. Ed Whitfield in area counties on August 5, 2010

There are 58 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Jul 30, 2010, titled Rep. Ed Whitfield in area counties on August 5, 2010. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

Rep. Ed Whitfield in area counties on August 5, 2010 First District Congressman Ed Whitfield will be in Edmonton, Burkesville, Jamestown and Tompkinsville on Thursday, August 5, 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
yardsale

Baldwin City, KS

#1 Jul 31, 2010
i do not no
smilin bob

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Aug 14, 2010
whitfield is a joke of a congressman, has not done one thing for Russell County.

Since: Nov 07

Burkesville, KY

#3 Aug 14, 2010
ummm - august 5 is history -
Libertarian

Glasgow, KY

#4 Aug 14, 2010
Vote all the incumbents out. Pull that lever for anyone running against these
lifetime office holders.
proud citizen

Huntsville, TX

#5 Aug 15, 2010
Libertarian wrote:
Vote all the incumbents out. Pull that lever for anyone running against these
lifetime office holders.
You are really intellegent??????????not...... you stupid pos. eat some camel dung.
Eric

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Aug 15, 2010
What has Whitfield done for you? Anyone?
What I think

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Aug 15, 2010
Eric, go look up his voting record before you bash what he has or has not done for you or anyone else. He's a strict conservative and votes consistently that way. Considering the state of our economy and how broke our country is, you might want to stop thinking in terms of what someone can do for you and vote for someone who is in favor of shrinking government, cutting spending, and cutting taxes.
voter

Glasgow, KY

#8 Aug 15, 2010
Oh, so he is cutting spending. Good. That means he is going to get our troops out of that rathole called Afghanistan, right???
What I think

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Aug 15, 2010
A congressman doesn't have any say in pulling troops out of Afghanistan. That's the president's call. All a congressman can do is vote for or against funding for our troops, and, right now, Republicans can't do or stop anything - the Democrats have been in control of both houses of Congress for nearly four years now. Brush up on civics so you'll understand the roles of the three branches of government.

Educate yourself and do your due diligence with regards to voting records before you criticize or support any elected official. If people insist of remaining ignorant and uneducated regarding what's going on in Washington, D.C., then we have no one to blame but ourselves when crooks, idiots, and bad people get elected.
whocares

Glasgow, KY

#10 Aug 15, 2010
IF you wantscredwdust ask a rep cong or sen. vote dems.REP have give u nothing. USLESSES.Expect
Take away like that idiot rand paul

Burkesville, KY

#11 Aug 15, 2010
review posts # 9 and #10 above for a quick assessment of the difference between a conservative and a liberal -
couldn't have been presented any more clearly if it had been planned -
voter

Glasgow, KY

#12 Aug 16, 2010
What I think wrote:
Eric, go look up his voting record before you bash what he has or has not done for you or anyone else. He's a strict conservative and votes consistently that way. Considering the state of our economy and how broke our country is, you might want to stop thinking in terms of what someone can do for you and vote for someone who is in favor of shrinking government, cutting spending, and cutting taxes.
I heard his wife Connie is an animal rights activist who is on the Humane Society National Board? Does that still rank Whitfield as a conservative? She is a member of PETA! That want to outlaw farming altogther! I would watch old Ed. He needs to go!
facts

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Aug 16, 2010
he is a do nothing congressman. afraid of his own shadow and and never helped our county but votes to send millions of dollars to other counties across america. consevative he is not. voted one of the worse congressman ever.

Burkesville, KY

#14 Aug 16, 2010
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard his wife Connie is an animal rights activist who is on the Humane Society National Board? Does that still rank Whitfield as a conservative? She is a member of PETA! That want to outlaw farming altogther! I would watch old Ed. He needs to go!
i certainly appreciate that information - there's now no way she's gonna get my vote -
What I think

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Aug 16, 2010
http://www.vote-smart.org/index.htm

Go to the above site to review voting records and biographical information on anyone in office or currently running for office.
What I think

Russell Springs, KY

#16 Aug 16, 2010
furnandeux wrote:
<quoted text>
i certainly appreciate that information - there's now no way she's gonna get my vote -
LOL! For what office is she running?

She is on the Humane Society National Board but there is nothing to indicate she is a member of PETA.

Burkesville, KY

#17 Aug 16, 2010
What I think wrote:
http://www.vote-smart.org/inde x.htm
Go to the above site to review voting records and biographical information on anyone in office or currently running for office.
that's a very informative and unbiased site - thanks for the link -
What I think

Russell Springs, KY

#18 Aug 16, 2010
You're very welcome.
joe

Greensburg, KY

#19 Aug 16, 2010
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true i believe she is on the boardof the Humane Society of the United States. They are not the real humane societythat actually runs shelters across the nation. They are a group that advocates against any animal agricultural. This group is avery serious threat to our ag based economy in kentucky. Rep Whitfield has already authored the Horse Slaughter ban bill which opens up kentucky to these activist to assault our rural way of life and sustaiable agricultural practices. Rep Whitfield is not a friend to the farmer, he the wolf in sheeps clothing.
CAIAPHAS

Elk Horn, KY

#20 Aug 17, 2010
Ed whitfield was responsible for giving a 200,000 dollar grant to a 400,000/yr surgeon in albany to start a pharmacy. we do not need politicians like this to represent us. vote against this bastard whenever you get the chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay pride parades sound a note of resistance _ ... 1 min Gremlin 14
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 min No Surprise 6,886
News Feds looking into Bernie Sanders' wife over rea... 2 min left swipe dat 7
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min swampmudd 7,872
News California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 oth... 5 min Gremlin 93
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 6 min Red Crosse 175
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Homer 1,549,630
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Limbertwig 274,945
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 43 min Trump is a joke 688
More from around the web