Who's the Most 'Racist'?

Who's the Most 'Racist'?

There are 1120 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Jul 5, 2013, titled Who's the Most 'Racist'?. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

When Rasmussen Reports asked some of its polling subjects to conduct an odd exercise in racial stereotyping, the results were counterintuitive, or at least counterstereotypical: Thirty-seven percent of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#212 Jul 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as a white person I'm the first to admit I've benefited indirectly from our history of slavery & discrimination, just like every other white person in America. Which is why I support continued reparations to blacks in the form of affirmative action, education reform, and other programs designed to correct the ongoing effects of generational institutionalized discrimination.
We can likely never fully correct damage that's been done to an entire race of Americans just because they happened to have a different skin color than the majority, but if we truly believe in the ideals of America, then we must continue to try.
I do not have your guilt complex and as long as people like you continue to pimp the slavery line, you destroy the incentive for blacks to move forward, you give an entire race a fall back position. By trying to be the understanding, sympathetic nice white liberal, you undermine drive and you telegraph to others you just can't expect more of these people.
.
If you really want to be of any help, you would want to demand the current crop of black social leaders be replaced by accomplished blacks whose sense of worth comes from their own accomplishment, not from being from slaves.
.
You will then demand from the colleges and universities that they replace a lot of studies like privilege and instead start intense instruction on business development and economics.
.
Granted everyone else in the Democrat Party seems not to want to be bothered by such a thing so it might give blacks a heads up on everyone else.
.
This done they won't need "concerned" white liberals like you to "help" them and that will be a VERY GOOD place for blacks in America to be.
Goldwaterite

Stillwater, OK

#213 Jul 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as a white person I'm the first to admit I've benefited indirectly from our history of slavery & discrimination, just like every other white person in America. Which is why I support continued reparations to blacks in the form of affirmative action, education reform, and other programs designed to correct the ongoing effects of generational institutionalized discrimination.
We can likely never fully correct damage that's been done to an entire race of Americans just because they happened to have a different skin color than the majority, but if we truly believe in the ideals of America, then we must continue to try.
What an eloquent summary of the pea-brained logic that facilitates the White Liberal Guilt Syndrome. To judge people and generalize their treatment by their race rather than their individual abilities, environments and motivations is to spread a societal cancer. That is something you SHOULD feel guilty over, but those who suffer from the Syndrome NEVER do. Someday your "philosophy" will be classified in history texts with concepts like the Confederacy under "Ideas That Failed"
1 post removed
Plattitudes

Chicago, IL

#215 Jul 8, 2013
Barack Obama is the most racist of them all.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#216 Jul 8, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Your last sentence is ridiculous considering I never said anything about being a racist if you didn't vote for President Obama. You really swallow everything FOX spews shoves down your throat, don't you?
There are dozens of news stories that surfaced over the years regarding republicans, not democrats, across the country who said the most vile things about our current president and eventually, they all came out and had to apologize for their racist comments. Deny it all you want. The stories are on the internet for all time and anyone can research them if they think democrats are making them up to suit their own agenda.
Watermelons on the WH lawn
Lawn jockies on the WH lawn
"Barack the Magic Negro" CD
Trent Lott talking about segregation being a mistake
Another republican schooling his friends on the difference between a black person and a N****r.
Trump and his quest for a Kenyan Birth Certificate
Sarah Palin calling PResident Obama "Sambo"
The over-use of the word "socialism" by republicans which is always code for poor black people.
The list is endless and probably the reason the GOP has a 4% minority membership.
That's right.....a 4% minority membership in the GOP.
Liberals could call you people racists all day long, but we don't have to. You have done a great job, all by yourselves, proving you are the white party of hate and intolerance.
Want to know what hateful is?
I would liketo see anything ANY conservative said that is asHateful as Bill Maher said

And this is not hearsay orsomebody no one ever heard of. Its some one who Obama gladly took a million dollars from.

“Hong Kong Phooey”

Since: Nov 12

So Far Out of this World

#217 Jul 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet there are MILLIONS more whites than blacks on welfare and getting free phones and rent subsidies and food stamps etc, etc.
I figured you would say that.. But that's alright- I know the truth.. Living here deep in the South- we all know the real truth.. You just keep living in your small world.. Do you get out much??
Chicopee

United States

#218 Jul 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, I remember seeing pictures of all those white slaves picking cotton in the south....
Spin it however you want, it just makes you sound even MORE racist.
I suppose you blame the Jews for the Holocaust too? Or are you one of those deniers as well??
The only racist between us is you. Facts seem to make you irrational. Why do they make you so angry?

Slavery and servitude were a fact of life in Colonial America and most of the world, for that matter. Cotton, coal, indigo, rice, sugar cane and tobacco were very labor intensive...the need for labor was endless.

The rich and powerful exploited everyone they could. Governments created laws that endorsed that exploitation, to gain more power and wealth, and anyone not born with a silver spoon in their mouths was a potential victim and expendable, to boot.

The 150 year systematic, generational enslavement of blacks in America is this country's most shameful skeleton, but that doesn't negate or excuse all the other abuses that were suffered by millions of non-African slaves, first by England, and then by America.

It doesn't excuse what was done to the Jacobites and their families, it doesn't excuse early coal mining and poor, entrapped people having to sign their children over to the owners of the companies for life (England, 1700's), or forcing children to work hauling coal from hundreds of feet underground, 80 to 150 pounds per haul. And the only way out of that was servitude in an English colony.

There are hundreds more atrocities perprtrated on millions of the poor and powerless, and no single one of them detracts from the others.

It's not spin. It's history, warts and all. Don't like it? Tough shit.
Chicopee

United States

#219 Jul 8, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the solution would be for all whites to be kidnapped and sold into slavery for the next 400 year; then we can call it even.
Short of that, yes, whitey will have to keep paying forever because the harm can never be fully repaid.
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it an someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

"Resentment is an extremely bitter diet. I have no desire to make my own toxins."
Mike

Polk City, FL

#220 Jul 9, 2013
Trayvon Martin was a Racist.

Now he's Dead because he wanted to impress his Fat Cow of a girlfriend by calling her and telling her that there's a Crazy Azz Cracker following him instead of calling 911.

He wanted to impress the Blimp so he allowed his inner Ghetto savagery loose and he got what he rightfully deserved!

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#221 Jul 9, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>And teabaggers think Reaganomics is the answer?

Giving all our resources, military and money at the corporations request is still the best approach?

At when you help the citizen's of this country sustain themselves, the money stay's HERE, in this country.

Which helps everyone in THIS country.

The evidence is clear, what happens when corporations take over our government, military and resources.

It happen in 1929,1982 and 2006.

Clear evidence and that's why teabaggers will NEVER figure it out.
Lol, what money? We have to have money for that to be a problem.

I guess you think Democratnimics is the answer. Give free loaders a lifestyle as good or better than the working man that bothered to better himself, obtain a job, and become "successful". Now that the free loaders are soon to outnumber the working, lets just tax the hell out of the working, AND remove tax breaks for corporations, so we have even more out of work free loaders. People will put up with eventually paying 75% income tax. Won't they?

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#222 Jul 9, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>And teabaggers think Reaganomics is the answer?

Giving all our resources, military and money at the corporations request is still the best approach?

At when you help the citizen's of this country sustain themselves, the money stay's HERE, in this country.

Which helps everyone in THIS country.

The evidence is clear, what happens when corporations take over our government, military and resources.

It happen in 1929,1982 and 2006.

Clear evidence and that's why teabaggers will NEVER figure it out.
You confuse help with enabling.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#223 Jul 9, 2013
Goldwaterite wrote:
<quoted text>Way to go! Annoy a liberal: Use facts & logic.

For the record, slavers had small crews; Victorious tribal chiefs in West Africa sold their POWs to the slavers who fetched them in slave-holding pens on the coast. Profit & tribal loyalty trumped race.
Arab slaver-traders were active in East Africa (including Kenya, home of BO's ancestors).
The British Empire abolished the slave trade in 1809.
The American Civil War (with 600,000 deaths) ended it the USA by 1865.
It died out from economic reality in Brazil by 1888.
There are no living slaves or slave-traders in the Western Hemisphere. We cannot say the same for Africa.
Lol.

Bingo!

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#224 Jul 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>And yet there are MILLIONS more whites than blacks on welfare and getting free phones and rent subsidies and food stamps etc, etc.
Yes, but look at the percentages. You are correct, 38.8% of Welfare recipients are white and 37.2% are black. The problem with what you imply is this, Blacks only comprise 12.6% of the US population. Whites comprise over 70% of the US population.
So, compare the % of Whites in the US on Welfare to the % of Blacks in the US on Welfare and get back to us.

Why must liberals twist partial truths into propaganda to make their claim? If you have to jump through hoops to make your side "appear" right, that should tell you something.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#225 Jul 9, 2013
By the way how many peopleknow itsnot whites who have the Highest income in the USA.
Asian American hve the highest income now and on the average earn more then whites.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#226 Jul 9, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have your guilt complex and as long as people like you continue to pimp the slavery line, you destroy the incentive for blacks to move forward, you give an entire race a fall back position. By trying to be the understanding, sympathetic nice white liberal, you undermine drive and you telegraph to others you just can't expect more of these people.
.
If you really want to be of any help, you would want to demand the current crop of black social leaders be replaced by accomplished blacks whose sense of worth comes from their own accomplishment, not from being from slaves.
.
You will then demand from the colleges and universities that they replace a lot of studies like privilege and instead start intense instruction on business development and economics.
.
Granted everyone else in the Democrat Party seems not to want to be bothered by such a thing so it might give blacks a heads up on everyone else.
.
This done they won't need "concerned" white liberals like you to "help" them and that will be a VERY GOOD place for blacks in America to be.
That's because you prefer blacks in slavery. No big shocker there.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#227 Jul 9, 2013
Goldwaterite wrote:
<quoted text>
What an eloquent summary of the pea-brained logic that facilitates the White Liberal Guilt Syndrome. To judge people and generalize their treatment by their race rather than their individual abilities, environments and motivations is to spread a societal cancer. That is something you SHOULD feel guilty over, but those who suffer from the Syndrome NEVER do. Someday your "philosophy" will be classified in history texts with concepts like the Confederacy under "Ideas That Failed"
So you support poor majority black & hispanic schools getting less money than the rich majority white schools get?

Gee, I wonder why blacks & Hispanics don't do as well in school and have a lower percentage of acceptance into colleges & universities.

The disparity in funding public schools- based primarily on real estate taxes- is just one example of the lingering racial discrimination in America.

But of course the whites in charge love it, as do the whites who benefit from it.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#228 Jul 9, 2013
In my Family we have white Hispanics and Asians and we tend to treat each other the same. And so should the law.Why should a Universityor the government favor one cousin who has a Hispanic cousin over one who has two white parentswhen both wentto the same Schools and come from similar backgrounds.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#229 Jul 9, 2013
ItDoesGetBetter wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you would say that.. But that's alright- I know the truth.. Living here deep in the South- we all know the real truth.. You just keep living in your small world.. Do you get out much??
The numbers from the govt don't lie. More whites- particularly in the deep south- are on welfare than all minority groups combined.

Btw, I've lived all over the country and around the world, so yes, I get out quite a lot. Of course I try to avoid the confederacy now when I can.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#230 Jul 9, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
The only racist between us is you. Facts seem to make you irrational. Why do they make you so angry?
Slavery and servitude were a fact of life in Colonial America and most of the world, for that matter. Cotton, coal, indigo, rice, sugar cane and tobacco were very labor intensive...the need for labor was endless.
The rich and powerful exploited everyone they could. Governments created laws that endorsed that exploitation, to gain more power and wealth, and anyone not born with a silver spoon in their mouths was a potential victim and expendable, to boot.
The 150 year systematic, generational enslavement of blacks in America is this country's most shameful skeleton, but that doesn't negate or excuse all the other abuses that were suffered by millions of non-African slaves, first by England, and then by America.
It doesn't excuse what was done to the Jacobites and their families, it doesn't excuse early coal mining and poor, entrapped people having to sign their children over to the owners of the companies for life (England, 1700's), or forcing children to work hauling coal from hundreds of feet underground, 80 to 150 pounds per haul. And the only way out of that was servitude in an English colony.
There are hundreds more atrocities perprtrated on millions of the poor and powerless, and no single one of them detracts from the others.
It's not spin. It's history, warts and all. Don't like it? Tough shit.
Nope, the whiny whites had it nowhere near as difficult as the generations of blacks held in slavery in America.

You can whitewash history all you want, it doesn't change anything.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#231 Jul 9, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it an someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
"Resentment is an extremely bitter diet. I have no desire to make my own toxins."
That's nice; irrelevant, but nice.....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#232 Jul 9, 2013
Also how many know it is not white who are now most negatively affected by Affermative action at colleges and University.AgainAsian Americans often need Higher scores then whites to get into many of the top Schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In U.S. presidential first, Trump prays at Jeru... 2 min Sandra 86
News New 'Blue Lives Matter' laws raise concerns amo... 3 min Retribution 46
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min RiccardoFire 2,796
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min Lilly 25,671
News Hillary Clinton to address Wellesley College gr... 6 min Frogface Kate 58
News Democratic congressman has heart valve replacem... 9 min Liberals are on d... 75
News James Comey fired as FBI director 9 min democrat punisher 2,915
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 270,633
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min My New Alias RULES 1,536,393
More from around the web