Romney floats tax deductions cap idea...

Romney floats tax deductions cap idea resembling one from Obama

There are 255 comments on the Reuters story from Oct 3, 2012, titled Romney floats tax deductions cap idea resembling one from Obama. In it, Reuters reports that:

Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney pauses while speaking at a campaign rally in Denver, Colorado October 1, 2012 ahead of his first debate with President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Lanham, MD

#137 Oct 4, 2012

Who Won the Denver Presidential Debate?

- President Obama 4.45%

- Mitt Romney 95.55%

Total Votes: 111,244

“Truth to Power!”

Lanham, MD

#138 Oct 4, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
rugby has no plans. Expect to eliminate the donut hole and force seniors to lay out $600+ per year for their meds.

Azzwipe Obama should have allowed less expensive meds from outside the US like he promised before taking office you jackass.

You said nothing when Obama BANNED these less expensive meds!

You are a MORON.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#139 Oct 4, 2012
I have never enjoyed a Political debate so much in my life. I really though Obama would be the big winner. My husband said Obama was high on something. No one could screw up that much sober.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#140 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney/Obamacare is NOT a explanation. So you could NOT find any specific details of Romney's plan on his website either. So Romney has NO health care plan.
Fact Check: Tax break for shipping jobs overseas? Well, sort of
Published October 04, 2012
FoxNews.com
LIBERALS, IF YOU CAN’T DISTORT…………DON’T REPORT.

"No idea what you're talking about."
That was Mitt Romney's retort when President Obama repeated the claim during Wednesday's debate that companies are exploiting a loophole to ship jobs overseas. In one of the most memorable moments of the night, Romney said he's never heard of such a tax break in all his years in business.
So who's right?
Technically, companies can claim a deduction for the costs associated with moving jobs overseas.
However, the deduction is not a special loophole afforded only to companies moving work out of America, as the president sometimes makes it sound. Rather, the deduction is written into the tax code pertaining to any cost companies face in the course of doing business.
That means a company can claim the deduction whether it's moving operations to Bangalore or Boston, to Kuala Lumpur or Kansas City.
"Any cost of doing business is deductible," said Doug Holtz-Eakin, former director of the Congressional Budget Office who advised Republican Sen. John McCain in the 2008 presidential race. "There's no special (incentive to move jobs overseas)."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/04/fa...

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#141 Oct 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
I have never enjoyed a Political debate so much in my life. I really though Obama would be the big winner. My husband said Obama was high on something. No one could screw up that much sober.
Reagan would have been proud.
see the light

United States

#142 Oct 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Call us when you can post Obama's plan he talked about last night.........and over the last four years.......he hasn't started on yet.
come to think of it, didn't he say everything would be on the internet? Never have seen anything. He also said he'd work with Republicans. That's why not a single Republican was let in on Obamacare. He passed it with only Dems present. What a slimeball.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#143 Oct 4, 2012
It is definately the lying. Americans would overlook a lot, but constant lying to make himself look good was intolerable. His people treated the tapayer like their private slaves making more, and more silly demands. I hope we learned a hard leson this time.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#144 Oct 4, 2012
Enjoyed the debate but was disappointed President Obama did not correct some of ROmney's "inelegant" speaaaaak.

I kept thinking of the "s" words while watching ROmney =- shifty, smurky, slick, smarmy, and stiff. I do not believe American voters will feel confident in him leading our country.

President Obama will need to look less professorial and fight back in the next one - all the time looking presidential - which ROmney did not.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#145 Oct 4, 2012
100% of American Patriots agree that Smutt Romney is a pathological liar.

He so disdains the USA and so hates 90% of Americans that he lies for sport now.

Location hidden

#146 Oct 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Your husband is an idiot as are you. Two fascist ignorant peas in your useless pod.

Obama is the adult. He spoke truth to America because he respects the process, the office and the country.

Romney, your Mormon Messiah and pathologically lying scumbag, lied the entire time. He was lying, secretive, lying, denigrating, lying, disrespectful, lying, bullying. That your stupid husband cannot tell the difference between the truth and lying shows you just how useless you two are.

Hopefully you are not procreating with those flaccid brains of yours.
conservative crapola

Easton, PA

#147 Oct 4, 2012
All that he proved last night was that he'd lie to America for four years as President.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#149 Oct 4, 2012
What kind of people support a pathological liar like Romney who openly denigrates half of the American public by calling them, and himself, moochers and victims?

Remember that Romney is part of the 47% as he did not pay ANY taxes for 10 years. Remember that comes from fellow Mormons who know the truth as Romney never, ever, ever speaks the truth.

What kind of America-haters support Romney? Those America-haters who want to see Romney derail the economy, start a war with Russia and Iran, outsource high paying jobs to China, give the uber wealthy and big corporations a zero percent tax rate.

The GOP has come out swinging on behalf of America-haters.

Location hidden

#150 Oct 4, 2012
Romney doubled down on the $716 Billion lie and promises to Eliminate Medicare by 2016.

Romney lied, lied and lied some more about seniors and soon to be seniors having no changes. That is a bald-faced lie because Romney promises to end Medicare by 2016.

Period.

The upshot will be seniors dying in pain, families suffering financial calamity while the Kochs and the Romneys laugh at the spectacle paying zero percent income tax rates.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#151 Oct 4, 2012
It must be evident how hopeless it is for Obama to overcome the competition, and be reelected. His underlings are foaming at the mouth, and ranting. We need to open those rubber rooms we filled with the neurotic voters after Bush won the second term. One of our neighbors said if Bush was reelected she would go to Canada. All talk. Obama suporters will be climbing the walls by November 6th.
1 post removed
conservative crapola

Easton, PA

#153 Oct 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
It must be evident how hopeless it is for Obama to overcome the competition, and be reelected. His underlings are foaming at the mouth, and ranting. We need to open those rubber rooms we filled with the neurotic voters after Bush won the second term. One of our neighbors said if Bush was reelected she would go to Canada. All talk. Obama suporters will be climbing the walls by November 6th.
Electoral Vote....

Obama 332

rugby 206

rugby's lies couldn't even move that number

hahahahahaha
1 post removed

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#155 Oct 4, 2012
The Daily Beast’s Andrew Sullivan called Obama “tired,”“bored” and wrote that he might have even lost the election.

“He choked. He lost. He may even have lost the election tonight,” Sullivan wrote, later adding,“Obama looked tired, even bored; he kept looking down; he had no crisp statements of passion or argument; he wasn’t there. He was entirely defensive, which may have been the strategy. But it was the wrong strategy. At the wrong moment.”

Sullivan, an Obama supporter, was even more negative on Twitter, calling Obama’s performance “terrible” and “political malpractice.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/820...

Location hidden

#156 Oct 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Your husband is foaming at the mouth....what did you feed him? He may look like a pig, he may be a pig but do not feed him as a pig.

Are you actually married to a real pig? It kind of sounds that way.

Location hidden

#157 Oct 4, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Electoral Vote....
Obama 332
rugby 206
rugby's lies couldn't even move that number
hahahahahaha
I used to think that Republiscum would eventually see that Romney is a pathological liar and probable felon who did not pay taxes for 10 years and is, therefore, part of the 47% he denigrates as moochers and victims.

No longer.

I now realize that Republiscum want to be led by a liar and scumbag. They feel comfortable with felons, tax dodgers, draft dodgers and thieves.

The more Romney lies, and he did for 30 straight minutes on everything from healthcare to jobs and green energy, the more the rank and file Republiscum like him. If Romney had showed up with a KKK robe last night, they would elect him God.

I was told but did not believe that Republiscums inhabit a certain spectrum of society where morals and ethics and decency and humanity are considered weaknesses instead of strengths. It is now well past time to vote out the evil that is the GOPOX.

Location hidden

#158 Oct 4, 2012
Romney smirks at young Americans:

"Romney Adviser To Six Million Young Adults Insured By Obamacare: Good Luck"

Romney is drooling and very excited about the prospect of killing the insurance for those 6M young Americans. This is typical Romney.

This is red meat for Republiscum who hate other people and want them to suffer just for being alive.
1 post removed
see the light

United States

#160 Oct 4, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
Enjoyed the debate but was disappointed President Obama did not correct some of ROmney's "inelegant" speaaaaak.
I kept thinking of the "s" words while watching ROmney =- shifty, smurky, slick, smarmy, and stiff. I do not believe American voters will feel confident in him leading our country.
President Obama will need to look less professorial and fight back in the next one - all the time looking presidential - which ROmney did not.
Obama made those lies up. Romney corrected Obama.Obama looked like a mad little monkey. He kept his face to the ground. Which is where he belongs, on the bottom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP victory lap after Georgia election win will... 1 min spud 96
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Truth is might 314,662
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 14 min Ronald 506
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min NTMD8OR 274,626
News Trump blasts Mueller obstruction probe on Twitter 19 min spud 112
News Wheelchair users dragged away from McConnell's ... 24 min huntcoyotes 43
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 28 min Truth is might 24,364
News James Comey fired as FBI director 41 min huntcoyotes 3,894
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,548,259
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Ms Sassy 6,878
More from around the web