Romney floats tax deductions cap idea...

Romney floats tax deductions cap idea resembling one from Obama

There are 255 comments on the Reuters story from Oct 3, 2012, titled Romney floats tax deductions cap idea resembling one from Obama. In it, Reuters reports that:

Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney pauses while speaking at a campaign rally in Denver, Colorado October 1, 2012 ahead of his first debate with President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#115 Oct 4, 2012
Voters go to Romney's website ( www.mittromney.com ) and read his specific details on his tax reform plans if you can find any specific details. Good luck voters.

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#116 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Still can NOT find specifics on Romney's plans on his website. Romney all talk and promises without any way to deliver. Romney all talk no specifics.
Call us when you can post Obama's plan he talked about last night.........and over the last four years.......he hasn't started on yet.

Perpignan

#117 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
Voters go to Romney's website ( www.mittromney.com ) and read his specific details on his tax reform plans if you can find any specific details. Good luck voters.
PANIC: Camp O asks media's help going after Romney...

AARP to President: Don't mention us again...
----------
BROKAW: If Romney had performed that bad,'it would have been over'...
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#118 Oct 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Call us when you can post Obama's plan he talked about last night.........and over the last four years.......he hasn't started on yet.
Romney makes many many promises without any specific details on how he will accomplish all his promises. Like they say the devil is in the details. Is that what why Romney has no details? Voters beware of Romney promises.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#119 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:

Huh?

Mitt Romney has Romneycare in Massachussetts you stupid TWIT!

Bwahahahahahaa!

Oh and like Mitt said, HE WILL TRY AND WORK WITH JACKASSCRATS unlike the Maggot Obama who said "I Won so you have to do what I say."
That didn't and never works IDIOT.

Now get back to your room before mommy catches you on her computer!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#120 Oct 4, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Mitt Romney has Romneycare in Massachussetts you stupid TWIT!
Bwahahahahahaa!
Oh and like Mitt said, HE WILL TRY AND WORK WITH JACKASSCRATS unlike the Maggot Obama who said "I Won so you have to do what I say."
That didn't and never works IDIOT.
Now get back to your room before mommy catches you on her computer!
Like Romney says that is designed for that state. What are his plans for the country? Obamacare is on the internet in specific details but Romney has NO specific details of his plan.

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#121 Oct 4, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
rugby:'I'm not getting rid of the social security ponzi scheme.'
'.....We could use that money to hire 2,000,00 teachers......'
hahahahahahahaha
teabooger taliban, under the bus all night.

Obama (Deer in the headlights): "I created ANOTHER PONZI SCHEME with Obamacare!"

ROLFMAO!

Obama is the leader of the American Taliban. HE SUCKS and got his teeth KICKED IN last night!
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#122 Oct 4, 2012

Obama realized last night that HIS RECORD is MISERABLE and he can't run away no matter how hard he blows!

LMAO!

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#123 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Romney says that is designed for that state. What are his plans for the country? Obamacare is on the internet in specific details but Romney has NO specific details of his plan.

He popped your hot air balloon with 2 prongs dummy!

1) Obamacare RASIED PRICES! It was supposed to LOWER them you jackass! Romney Repeatedly point that out to the Maggot!

2) Healthcare legislation should have been left to the States and NOT the Idiot Federal gov.

Romeny's details are what he said last night and in Massachussetts dummy!

- OUCH!-

WHY DOES OBAMA SUCK SO BADLY?

Because he has dummies like you voting for him! LMAO!
1 post removed

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#125 Oct 4, 2012

Obama's Specifics:

1) "I raised the COST of Healthcare."

2) I created DEATH PANELS.

3) I Cut $716 Billion from Medicare.

4) I'm Cutting Payments to DR's and Hospitals so they Drop Medicare Patients.

5) I Banned the Importation of less expensive foreign drugs so you will pay more! Ha Ha!

Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#126 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
He popped your hot air balloon with 2 prongs dummy!
1) Obamacare RASIED PRICES! It was supposed to LOWER them you jackass! Romney Repeatedly point that out to the Maggot!
2) Healthcare legislation should have been left to the States and NOT the Idiot Federal gov.
Romeny's details are what he said last night and in Massachussetts dummy!
- OUCH!-
WHY DOES OBAMA SUCK SO BADLY?
Because he has dummies like you voting for him! LMAO!
So you could NOT find any specific details about Romney health care either on his website. What is Romney hiding?

Perpignan

#127 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
So you could NOT find any specific details about Romney health care either on his website. What is Romney hiding?
I found them but couldn't read them, they were covered with all of Obama hidden records......get a clue boy, go back to whacking chickens.

Perpignan

#128 Oct 4, 2012
Obama's Specifics:
5) I Banned the Importation of less expensive foreign drugs so you will pay more! Ha Ha!
Denver, Colorado (CNN)– Two-thirds of people who watched the first presidential debate think that Republican nominee Mitt Romney won the showdown, according to a nationwide poll conducted Wednesday night.

According to a CNN/ORC International survey conducted right after the debate, 67% of debate watchers questioned said that the Republican nominee won the faceoff, with one in four (25%)saying that President Barack Obama was victorious.

"No presidential candidate has topped 60% in that question since it was first asked in 1984," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.
While nearly half of debate watchers said the showdown didn't make them more likely to vote for either candidate, 35% said the debate made them more likely to vote for Romney while only 18% said the faceoff made them more likely to vote to re-elect the president.

More than six in ten (60%) said that president did worse than expected, with one in five (20%) saying that Obama performed better than expected. Compare that to the 82% who said that Romney performed better than expected. Only one in ten felt that the former Massachusetts governor performed worse than expected.

The sample of debate-watchers in the poll was 37% Democratic and 33% Republican. Sound Familiar.
"That indicates that the sample of debate watchers is about four points more Democratic and about eight points more Republican than an average CNN poll of all Americans, which shows their bias. Makes you wonder where the independents……..were.

The poll suggests that the debate didn't change opinions of the president. Forty-nine percent of debate watchers said before the debate that they had a favorable opinion of Obama, and that number didn't change following the debate.
(damage control)

It was pretty much a similar story for Romney, whose favorable rating among debate watchers edged up just two points, from 54% before the debate to 56% after the debate.

The economy dominated the first debate and according to the poll, and by a 55%-43% margin, debate watchers said that Romney rather than Obama would better handle the economy. On the issue of taxes, which kicked off the debate, Romney had a 53%-44% edge over Obama. And by a 52%-47% margin, debate watchers said Romney would better handle health care, and he had the edge on the budget deficit by a 57%-41% margin.

Debate watchers thought Romney was more aggressive. Fifty-three percent said Romney spent more time attacking his opponent. Only three in ten thought Obama spent more time taking it to Romney.

By a 58%-37% margin, debate watchers thought Romney appeared to be the stronger leader.

“Truth to Power!”

Lanham, MD

#129 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>

I already explained it to you twice dummy. What's wrong with you?
conservative crapola

Easton, PA

#130 Oct 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
lejimcrow mumbo jumbo
1 post removed

“Truth to Power!”

Lanham, MD

#132 Oct 4, 2012
Gore blames Denver altitude for Obama's debate performance

October 04, 2012

It was the altitude. Yeah, that's it.
As liberal pundits cringed Wednesday night over President Obama's debate performance, Al Gore leapt to his defense with a curious explanation.

If Obama seemed like he had his head in the clouds, the former VP reasoned, perhaps it was because he was having trouble adjusting to the Mile-High City.

"I'm going to say something controversial here," Gore said on Current TV, the channel he helped found. "Obama arrived in Denver at 2 p.m. today, just a few hours before the debate started. Romney did his debate prep in Denver. When you go to 5,000 feet, and you only have a few hours to adjust, I don't know ..."

Gore trailed off with a chuckle, but his fellow co-hosts chimed in with agreement.

"Exactly," one of them said off-screen.

Co-host Cenk Uygur noted how when he came from Los Angeles, "You know what I did? I drank two cups of coffee before coming out here."

Another guest added: "It's really different. The first time I ever did stand up in Denver I had the same exact effect. I flew in that day and when your lungs aren't acclimated to that kind of air, yeah it makes you drawn. It makes you off. The president had an off-night."

Other Obama supporters weren't quite so willing to give the president a pass.

"I can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter," comedian and Obama supporter Bill Maher tweeted.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/04/go...
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#133 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
I already explained it to you twice dummy. What's wrong with you?
Romney/Obamacare is NOT a explanation. So you could NOT find any specific details of Romney's plan on his website either. So Romney has NO health care plan.
conservative crapola

Easton, PA

#134 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
rugby has no plans. Expect to eliminate the donut hole and force seniors to lay out $600+ per year for their meds.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#135 Oct 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>People want to know why Obama didn't bring up the 47% ploy last night. Credit Obama, he knew that what MSM has been printing is a lie and not really what Romney said..........Obama was smart enough to know had it been brought up, Romney would have knocked it out of the park..........as he did everything else.
The 47% comment would have been the 'ZINGER', Romney would have cleared the ballpark with. We can look forward to the next round with the V.P. numbers guy.

“Truth to Power!”

Lanham, MD

#136 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney/Obamacare is NOT a explanation. So you could NOT find any specific details of Romney's plan on his website either. So Romney has NO health care plan.

Obama's Specifics:

6) My plan Kills Jobs!

Romney Specifics:

1) I will Repeal Job Killing Obamacare and Replace it.

2) My plan will actually REDUCE COSTS vs Obama Raising Them.

3) David Cutler himself has argued in favor of Romney’s approach to Medicare reform, according to White House e-mails unearthed by Meghan McCarthy of National Journal. And there’s another irony: if Obama thinks risk-adjustment and premium support is so horrible for seniors, why did he impose it on 25 million low-income Americans through Obamacare?

4) I want to take that $716 billion you’ve cut and put it back into Medicare. By the way, we can include a prescription program if we need to improve it. But the idea of cutting $716 billion from Medicare to be able to balance the additional cost of Obamacare is, in my opinion, a mistake.”

5) Romney pointed out, if government-run Medicare is indeed more efficient than privately-administered Medicare, then the “public option” would win out under Romney’s competitive bidding system. But Obama likes No Bid contracts.

6) " I like the way we did it in Massachusetts. I like the fact that in my state, we had Republicans and Democrats come together and work together. What you did instead was to push through a plan without a single Republican vote. As a matter of fact, when Massachusetts did something quite extraordinary—elected a Republican senator to stop Obamacare, you pushed it through anyway."

7) So entirely on a partisan basis, instead of bringing America together and having a discussion on this important topic, you pushed through something that you and Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid thought was the best answer and drove it through. What we did in a legislature 87 percent Democrat, we worked together; 200 legislators in my legislature, only two voted against the plan by the time we were finished.

8) What were some differences? We didn’t raise taxes. You’ve raised them by $1 trillion under Obamacare. We didn’t cut Medicare by $716 billion. I will put that back into medicare.

9)“Insurers tell us they can develop plans costing less than half of today’s standard rate of $500 for an individual,” Romney wrote. Shorn of the costly mandates and restrictions originating in earlier state laws, these plans, called “Commonwealth Care Basic,” could cost much less.

10) Romney also proposed merging the non-group and small-group markets, so as to give individuals access to the more cost-effective plans available to small businesses.

11) By helping the unemployed gain access to these plans, reducing insurance costs, and making sure those who were already eligible for Medicaid signed up for it, Romney argued that he could “provide coverage for two-thirds of our uninsured population.”

12) For the remaining one-third—the long-term unemployed and the working poor not eligible for Medicaid—Romney proposed a “Safety Net Care” program that would replace the uncompensated care pool that was reimbursing hospitals for “free” care that they were providing to the uninsured.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/04/12/h...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min DanFromSmithville 201,603
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,405,352
News Poll: Trump supporters unfazed by reversal on s... 3 min okimar 278
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min Taletha 88 5,608
News Clinton Wins Democratic Nomination; Gets Boost ... 4 min Lincoln 71
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min HILLARY 2016 233,411
News Will Green Political Machine Foil Trump? 4 min tina anne 31
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Taletha 88 391,507
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 52 min okimar 314
More from around the web