Deal on gun background checks hinges on tracking sales

There are 75 comments on the USA Today story from Feb 26, 2013, titled Deal on gun background checks hinges on tracking sales. In it, USA Today reports that:

A deal on a bill that would extend background checks to nearly every firearm transaction appears to be nearing as a bipartisan group of Senate negotiators haggle over a final major detail: where the records WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators is close to a deal that would extend background checks to most gun sales, but are still in talks ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Ghoster

Fort Smith, AR

#41 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wasn't. The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals IS part of the federal courts, and they upheld the lower federal district court ruling.
What a moron you are.
Show me the case where any registration law was ruled unconstitutional.
You have the same beliefs of the gestapo and KGB. Look it up asshat the Federal Laws clearly state a Federal Registry is ILLEGAL BY FEDERAL LAW!!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#42 Feb 27, 2013
Ghoster wrote:
<quoted text>
Some states have issued State Fire Arms Registries but even those can be fought under Federal Laws.
Still waiting for you to provide the case where gun registry laws were ruled unconstitutional?

And still waiting for you to show evidence any law abiding citizen had then gun confiscated because of a registry.

Tawas City, Michigan

#43 Feb 27, 2013
Ghoster wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun Registry is Illegal under Federal Law and most state laws.
For the reason that Stalin , Hitler , China , and the list goes on and on ... they all setup Gun Registry and then seized the weapons (In all cases claiming it was to "protect the children") and shortly after they began killing anyone they saw as a threat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oaDzKzKT6nMXX
I small history lesson. Check it out. The best weapon you will ever have is knowledge of history and the guts to make sure it never repeats.
A federal law banning gun registry doesn't mean gun registry laws are unconstitutional.

In fact, as I've already show you (Justive v Cicero), gun registration laws have been upheld as constitutional.

Still waiting for you to list any law abiding US citizens who had their guns confiscated because of a gun registry law.
Ghoster

Fort Smith, AR

#44 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to provide the case where gun registry laws were ruled unconstitutional?
And still waiting for you to show evidence any law abiding citizen had then gun confiscated because of a registry.
First off I NEVER said it was unconstitutional. That's your words.
All though based on History it should be unconstitutional.
It is Federal Law. Do I need to write this in crayon for you to understand?

Tawas City, Michigan

#45 Feb 27, 2013
Ghoster wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear you are a Liberal... talking to you about freedom is like telling Hitler to hug a Jew.
No one has a right to know what I own. And if you think people have that right?? You have a screwed up Idea of what freedom is.
Actually I'm quite conservative; I'm just not one of those fright-wing zealots.

Tawas City, Michigan

#46 Feb 27, 2013
Paying Attention wrote:
<quoted text>A simple web search would tell you. You see, ther is this thing called the internet and search engines. Or you can sit there like an ingenue, prattle on, stay uninformed and stick to your baseless suppositions.
1982 Chicago banned handguns, of you did not turn them in, they were confiscated. If you forget to re-register in Illinois, they seize your firearms.
There are too many other examples of confiscation/registration schemes here and abroad to list here.
If the fire arms were banned, then they weren't being confiscated from law abiding citizens.

Again, show me where gun registry laws were used in the US to confiscate guns from LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, not people illegally owning banned guns, but from LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.
Ghoster

Fort Smith, AR

#47 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Liberal and I mean a nut case Liberal.
Paying Attention wrote:
<quoted text>A simple web search would tell you. You see, ther is this thing called the internet and search engines. Or you can sit there like an ingenue, prattle on, stay uninformed and stick to your baseless suppositions.
1982 Chicago banned handguns, of you did not turn them in, they were confiscated. If you forget to re-register in Illinois, they seize your firearms.
There are too many other examples of confiscation/registration schemes here and abroad to list here.
Pay Attention wrote this on the last page and already answered your question but yet you chose to ignore it.

Tawas City, Michigan

#48 Feb 27, 2013
Ghoster wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the same beliefs of the gestapo and KGB. Look it up asshat the Federal Laws clearly state a Federal Registry is ILLEGAL BY FEDERAL LAW!!!
Yes, a federal registry is currently banned by federal law.

You obviously don't understand the difference between a federal law and the constitituion.

Congress passing a federal law DOES NOT make something unconstitutional.

States are free to pass whatever registry laws they want, and the Congress can change the federal law at any time.
Ghoster

Fort Smith, AR

#49 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not after facts or truths... you are simply pushing your controlling ideas that are 100% Liberal crap.
I can prove you wrong ALL DAMN DAY. But you will never learn anything due to you only see what you want to see. Let me know when you pull your head out of your ass.

Tawas City, Michigan

#50 Feb 27, 2013
Ghoster wrote:
<quoted text>
True, you didn't specifically say it was unconstitutional, but when I informed you gun registry laws WERE upheld as constitutional you DID claim that was "shot down in federal court" (post #35). Of course it wasn't, which means state gun registries ARE constitutional.

Once again, federal law does NOT mean something is constitutional or unconstitutional; it only means it's a federal law.

A law which Congress can change any time they want to.

Tawas City, Michigan

#51 Feb 27, 2013
Ghoster wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, based on history any future federal gun registration law will likely be upheld as constitutional.

Tawas City, Michigan

#52 Feb 27, 2013
Ghoster wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Liberal and I mean a nut case Liberal.
<quoted text>
Pay Attention wrote this on the last page and already answered your question but yet you chose to ignore it.
Nope, I'm STILL a conservative.

And those weren't law abiding citizens.

I asked when law abiding citizens had their guns confiscated in the US.

No answer?

Tawas City, Michigan

#53 Feb 27, 2013
Ghoster wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not after facts or truths... you are simply pushing your controlling ideas that are 100% Liberal crap.
I can prove you wrong ALL DAMN DAY. But you will never learn anything due to you only see what you want to see. Let me know when you pull your head out of your ass.
You haven't proved me wrong on a single thing yet. Maybe you should quit while you're behind......
Ghoster

Fort Smith, AR

#54 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I'm STILL a conservative.
And those weren't law abiding citizens.
I asked when law abiding citizens had their guns confiscated in the US.
No answer?
Nothing in the 1982 gun grab says they were criminals. You are reaching hardcore. You think if you just keep making shit up , that makes you right?? Well Liberal you only prove that truth means nothing... You could work for Obama
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#55 Feb 27, 2013
The reason this is such a problem is that every single line in the budget was sold by elected officials, bought and paid for by someone.

Tawas City, Michigan

#56 Feb 27, 2013
Ghoster wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in the 1982 gun grab says they were criminals. You are reaching hardcore. You think if you just keep making shit up , that makes you right?? Well Liberal you only prove that truth means nothing... You could work for Obama
If they were illegally in posession of guns, that doesn't make them law-abiding citizens.

Using your logic, that means people who cross the border illegally aren't criminals either.

See how it works both ways.....

Tawas City, Michigan

#57 Feb 27, 2013
Robert wrote:
The reason this is such a problem is that every single line in the budget was sold by elected officials, bought and paid for by someone.
How is that different from any other time?
Ghoster

Fort Smith, AR

#58 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were illegally in posession of guns, that doesn't make them law-abiding citizens.
Using your logic, that means people who cross the border illegally aren't criminals either.
See how it works both ways.....
They used the laws to take the guns from everyone , not just illegals you ass. you just keep pushing lies.

Since: Apr 07

Oak Ridge, TN

#59 Feb 27, 2013
Over the past decades we have seen one President after another declare war against other countries who did not attack us and who had absolutely no intentions of attacking us or doing us any harm. We have had Presidents set and establish policies and dictate our goals. All without the consent of the Congress and the American people.

We have seen one Congress after another Congress split and incapable of action while a few people both in the Congress and from without ran this country into the ground.

This is exactly what we are doing. Building our forces to take back this country. If need be by force. Like you most of the rest of us are just as fed up with hollow promises and inaction.. Now is the time for action. Only we have got to build up our forces and get organized. We no longer have time for stupid games and political power plays.

I am out to do what the Tea Party failed to do and that is get organized under one leader and one roof. The Tea Party had several leaders and when it came right down to it nobody was really leading and it fell apart after the election.

We need one movement with one leader to take us past the election and on to restoring our Republic. Winning the election is only half of the battle it is what comes next that will be the hard part. That is why we have to build our forces NOW and get organized now. We can't wait until the election and then sit on our collective asses waiting for someone to do something. We have got to get moving NOW and keep moving long after the election.

Now is the time to get ACTIVE by joining our movement to save the Constitution and the Republic it created by go to my Fan Page and LIKE it.

So please help yourself by helping Jim Hayden reach 60 million LIKES. Then get ACTIVE by Sharing, Copying and Pasting Jimís posts where ever you feel it appropriate and encourage your friends, families and strangers to do likewise.

Thank you for your support.

Jim

Jim Hayden in 2016
https://www.facebook.com/jimhayden2016

Jim Hayden for President in 2016
http://www.jimhayden2012.org
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#60 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that different from any other time?
I guess it is a matter of scale, it has been a slow progression but initially the only thing people could buy from government was influence, they could not buy money because the government did not have much, less than 7 percent of GDP was spent by the government. Today government spends about 40% of GDP and that is a tremendous amount of money so people can just buy money with their votes and with their campaign contributions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,232,508
News What Should Citizenship Mean? 4 min Memo From Turner 33
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 7 min serfs up 19
News Questions raised on military gear used by police 7 min Joe Balls Blows 2
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 8 min DebraE 310
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 10 min ritedownthemiddle 2,119
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min the right is wrong 328,333
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 30 min Le Duped 182,334
News Ireland same-sex marriage 1 hr Black Annie 25
More from around the web