Deal on gun background checks hinges on tracking sales

Feb 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

A deal on a bill that would extend background checks to nearly every firearm transaction appears to be nearing as a bipartisan group of Senate negotiators haggle over a final major detail: where the records WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators is close to a deal that would extend background checks to most gun sales, but are still in talks ... (more)

Comments
1 - 20 of 75 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

We need to track every single gun and every gun owner in the US. How can we check on you if we don't know who and where you are?
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

We demand the draft dismissal papers of Ted Nugent. He is such a cowardly 'patriot', so show us the records of his "Get out of Viet Nam" plan. The official documents, PLEASE!!
gaccat

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

http://youtube.com/watch... Ö
excuse is reason
Ralph

Pentwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Hows that Fast and Furious gun tracking program working out so far? Should work about as well here also.

Since: Apr 07

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

The one major problem with all of this is when it passes it will give the government a ready list of gun owners and what guns they have in thier possession.

Now is the time to get ACTIVE by joining our movement to save the Constitution and the Republic it created by go to my Fan Page and LIKE it.

So please help yourself by helping Jim Hayden reach 60 million LIKES. Then get ACTIVE by Sharing, Copying and Pasting Jimís posts where ever you feel it appropriate and encourage your friends, families and strangers to do likewise.

Thank you for your support.

Jim

Jim Hayden in 2016
https://www.facebook.com/jimhayden2016

Jim Hayden for President in 2016
http://www.jimhayden2012.org
TedsLiver

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

The 1st background check should conducted on Obama.
TedsLiver

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
Hows that Fast and Furious gun tracking program working out so far? Should work about as well here also.
. It worked really well for the drug cartels thanks to Obama-Holder.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Jim Hayden wrote:
The one major problem with all of this is when it passes it will give the government a ready list of gun owners and what guns they have in thier possession.
Now is the time to get ACTIVE by joining our movement to save the Constitution and the Republic it created by go to my Fan Page and LIKE it.
So please help yourself by helping Jim Hayden reach 60 million LIKES. Then get ACTIVE by Sharing, Copying and Pasting Jimís posts where ever you feel it appropriate and encourage your friends, families and strangers to do likewise.
Thank you for your support.
Jim
Jim Hayden in 2016
https://www.facebook.com/jimhayden2016
Jim Hayden for President in 2016
http://www.jimhayden2012.org
Go for it, Jim!
You could be another Romney, I mean McCain...uh, maybe Trump.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

We can trust Obama and Holder - right? It's not like they have ever lied before - right? I mean the January tax increase on every working person, after the no tax increase on anyone making over $250K, wasn't really a tax increase was it? Holder had no idea that Fast & Furious was going on. We should support them because they really care about us - right?
Ghoster

Greenwood, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

RustyS wrote:
We need to track every single gun and every gun owner in the US. How can we check on you if we don't know who and where you are?
And being that most murders take place with illegally obtained weapons?? Criminals DO NOT REGISTER!!
Again this is a punish the law abiding Citizen for someone else illegal action.
Plus this was already shot down. It is ILLEGAL for a registry.

Since: Apr 07

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Go for it, Jim!
I am happy just being me. Thank YOU

Have you checked our my Fan Page of Facebook Yet?
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Still going to be sales of "unregistered" guns no matter what laws are passed.

Those of you who have owned guns given to you by family members, friends, hunting partners you think they kept records of where these guns have gone. I know I lost all the paperwork last week on every single gun I have passed on! I suggest you do the same.

Sorry, I just don't remember when I lost that gun, it was so many many years ago, maybe I sold it to "some guy" I met in a bar while we were hunting, got a good price for it, but I didn't get his name....sorry!

Those of you who own guns you know which ones are on the books and which ones are not. Lose the paperwork on everyone of them NOW!
CQuester

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
I am happy just being me. Thank YOU
Have you checked our my Fan Page of Facebook Yet?
Jim is dat yo Yrbook page?!!!;-000h, U issso booteafool;)
CQuester

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RustyS wrote:
We can trust Obama and Holder - right? It's not like they have ever lied before - right? I mean the January tax increase on every working person, after the no tax increase on anyone making over $250K, wasn't really a tax increase was it? Holder had no idea that Fast & Furious was going on. We should support them because they really care about us - right?
FIDC up2$250k thx Obama!!! ;-000
CQuester

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Go for it, Jim!
atlas Jim is trying!!!;) Jim don't give up so sooon ok! if 2016 then 2020!! ;-000
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Destroy any gun records you have that would be of any help tracking or tracing a weapon you have passed on or sold.
If everyone does this there is no way for them to track/trace/register anything other than those weapons which have been purchased where the FFL has to keep files. If FFL's were smart they would now have a small fire in their file cabinets which will preserve the 2nd Amendment.
How about a water leak right over that file cabinet that has all those records!
Ghoster

Greenwood, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
Destroy any gun records you have that would be of any help tracking or tracing a weapon you have passed on or sold.
If everyone does this there is no way for them to track/trace/register anything other than those weapons which have been purchased where the FFL has to keep files. If FFL's were smart they would now have a small fire in their file cabinets which will preserve the 2nd Amendment.
Damn right!!!
Could not have said it better myself Milw.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
the millions of NICS background check forms filled out by millions of gun purchasers over the last 20+ years are on file with the feds and always have been. Anyone who thinks different is pretty gullible. You have to fill out the form at the retailer and when the retailer calls NICS for approval they give the feds your name/dob/ss/address and type of gun you're buying which is plugged into the fed computer to see if you can buy it. SO, who is gullible enough to think the feds don't store that info at time of purchase ?
Robert

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

This is going to be one of those bills that does zero to reduce crime and cost law abiding gun owners a bunch of money and hassle so that some pompous law makers can pretend they did something in the wake of a tragedy.

The only thing this law will do is give people who sell guns illegally a reason to charge more.
Ghoster

Greenwood, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Robert wrote:
This is going to be one of those bills that does zero to reduce crime and cost law abiding gun owners a bunch of money and hassle so that some pompous law makers can pretend they did something in the wake of a tragedy.
The only thing this law will do is give people who sell guns illegally a reason to charge more.
The Government over stepped its bounds and the people know it. These "New Laws" will not be enforced by most states and fights WILL break out if they even try to enforce them.

Look around the country and gun sales are through the roof. US Citizens are already refusing to become subjects to Communistic beliefs and laws coming from a Government that is refusing to follow the Constitution/Bill of rights. They swore and oath to uphold the very things they are trying to by pass and that means the powers given to them by the people are revoked.

Freedom is not free ... the people will always have to fight for it or they will become the next victims. But understand that many people would like to turn a blind eye to what is happening because they feel it will all go away if they just close their eyes long enough. Write you congressmen , Governor , Senators and all heads of state you can... Push them to do more and support them when they fight back.

Anything free is not worth having and freedom has cost more then anything else in the history of the world. Those who gave their lives for what we get to enjoy today , gave us the responsibility to make sure we never let their cost be for nothing. It is about Honor , Duty , Justice , Freedom , Liberty and Courage. Be an American , don't just wave a flag and pretend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••