Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two...

Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two adults and three children'

There are 1973 comments on the The Guardian story from Jan 20, 2013, titled Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two adults and three children'. In it, The Guardian reports that:

A teenager shot dead two adults and three children inside a Albuquerque home, authorities in New Mexico said on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1158 Jan 27, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheeple

Well, what is a sheeple to do?

http://www.everydaycommentary.com/2012/10/tro...

Great article by a edged weapon guy on "Trolling for Hate: Sheeple"

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1159 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the NRA position- unless they changed it?
Are they insisting on background checks for all gun sales?
Uhhhmmmm, my uninformed one, I was commenting on a comment, quite a few, actually, that your "comrade in arms" made. He very clearly stated, on multiple posts, that crazy/insane people have exactly the same right to own a weapon as I or you do. Should I be worrying about you too?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#1160 Jan 27, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
If we are really serious about violence and its causes now is the time to put pressure on the FCC and FTC to ban violence in movies and video games. Mental Health Experts have spoken on this.
You and them are lying sacks of monkey excrement, monkey excrement experts have spoken on this in greater detail.

Location hidden

#1161 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two new polls show a majority of Americans support stronger gun laws, putting the National Rifle Association on the defensive for opposing President Obama’s gun safety agenda.
A CBS News/New York Times poll finds that a majority of 54 percent back stricter gun laws — a 14-point jump from last April before the Aurora and Newtown mass shootings — and 53 percent say it would deter gun violence, while a Reuters/Ipsos poll finds that around 75 percent of Americans support gun restrictions.
When it comes to specific proposals the president is urging Congress to pass:
– 92 percent of CBS News/NY Times respondents and 86 percent of Reuters/Ipsos respondents favor mandatory background checks for all gun sales.
– 53 percent of CBS News/NY Times respondents and 74 percent of Reuters/Ipsos respondents back a ban on assault weapons.
– 63 percent of CBS News/NY Times respondents and 74 percent of Reuters/Ipsos respondents support a ban on high-capacity magazines.
In a bit of good news for the NRA, their proposal to place armed guards in schools is backed by 72 percent of Reuters/Ipsos respondents; however, the CBS/NYT poll finds that the NRA has the same low approval ratings as Republicans in Congress, with only 39 percent supporting the gun industry lobbying group. And support for armed guards in schools could change after today’s news that an armed security guard at a Michigan charter school left his handgun in a student bathroom.
Well, when my opinion and that of every voting person is included in that poll, you would have a point. Polls mean diddlyshit. If you base your opionions and hopes on polls, you will get your panties all twisted up for nothing!

Location hidden

#1162 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix isn't going to dumb it down to your level, honey.
I know: for you, using a mouse is a challenge.
Did you read your post?

Location hidden

#1163 Jan 27, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
When they do Sheepdips mental health background check he will lose his beloved 30-30 and 30-06. Moose will once more be safe and able to roam their land.
Oh, and love the co-opting of sheeple. Fits fine. Seems like we are going to do everything by push polls and majority vote now. A true democracy. Can't wait to see that in action.
Dammit, where's that "sigh" button!

Location hidden

#1164 Jan 27, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>You and them are lying sacks of monkey excrement, monkey excrement experts have spoken on this in greater detail.
http://www.ithp.org/articles/v iolentvideogames.html

ok-for-warning-signs/-/9153728 /18247016/-/j353gkz/-/index.ht ml?absolute=true

And from a local MH professional with comments.

You have to believe from your post in the "Monkey See, Monkey Doo" hypothesis.

Location hidden

#1165 Jan 27, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>You and them are lying sacks of monkey excrement, monkey excrement experts have spoken on this in greater detail.
Heads up, read sacrcasm!

Location hidden

#1166 Jan 27, 2013
Sorry the hyperlinks seem dead in the water:

st way to prevent violence.

"In general, when I see these things, I feel like maybe the people who killed others, didn't receive the help they need," Pratt said.

Officials said murder suspect Nehemiah Griego, 15, had a fascination with video games. Pratt said not everyone who plays the games will be violent, but they can exacerbate those with mental illness.

"On some level that can desensitize kids or some teens to real violence," Pratt said.

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerq...

http://www.ithp.org/articles/violentvideogame...

Look up ITHP: The effects of violent video games. Do they affect our behavior?
1 post removed

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1168 Jan 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why son? You don't read. And if you did, you surely don't comprehend my little lying petunia!

Woohoo!
Yes we all know you are a liar and can't post it but it sure is fun to watch you squirm

“Facts”

Location hidden

#1169 Jan 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And yet, you're a proven liar!

Woohoo!
When and where my little troll???

“Facts”

Location hidden

#1170 Jan 27, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>There you go, the poor mistreated boy was frustrated with his mother. Who I'm sure was well aware that the kid wasn't operating on all cylinders. She, much like that mother in Newtown, probably sheltered him. I'd really like to know just what it was that he found so frustrating. Why did he send a picture of his mothers dead body to his girlfriend, what motivated that act? It also makes no difference what that kid used to kill them all, hell he could have used a knife, a cannon, or BB Gun, bottom line, he killed them and there was a reason.
These morons don't care about how many children are killed every day in the USA

They don't care about preventing these deaths

They only care about making sure nobody has something they don't have
1 post removed

Location hidden

#1172 Jan 27, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
Sorry the hyperlinks seem dead in the water:
st way to prevent violence.
"In general, when I see these things, I feel like maybe the people who killed others, didn't receive the help they need," Pratt said.
Officials said murder suspect Nehemiah Griego, 15, had a fascination with video games. Pratt said not everyone who plays the games will be violent, but they can exacerbate those with mental illness.
"On some level that can desensitize kids or some teens to real violence," Pratt said.
Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerq...
http://www.ithp.org/articles/violentvideogame...
Look up ITHP: The effects of violent video games. Do they affect our behavior?
Hmmmmm....My 12 year old son, when we were having a conversation, the topic of which escapes me at the moment, said something that gave me pause. He said "it would be easy to kill someone" or "something", pretty sure he said someone. My initial reaction was to blame the stupid video games he, my daughter and husband play. I thought about it quite a bit. I do think, in younger children, it seems "cool" and quite possible in their un-intergected minds. Yes, I know that's not a word but I mean someone who doesn't have someone to teach them right from wrong but, MOST importantly, compassion, sympathy and empathy! I had a very long discussion with him and he is one of the most sympathetic (and empathetic in a lot of ways) people you'd ever hope to meet! In my unprofessional but well experienced opinion, I don't think video games, per se, "cause" people to commit crimes but, rather, inattentive and just plain absent parents contribute to the problem. Sadly, many, if not most, parents plant their children in front of a screen and provide them any entertainment necessary to keep them "out of their hair".

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1173 Jan 27, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, the NTSB isn't considering requiring anything like what you're saying.
Poor little Dick...

Coming Soon: A Breathalyzer in Every Car?
By Joseph R. Szczesny Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Nearly 13,000 Americans die in traffic accidents every year. Now Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is opening a new front in its war on drunk drivers, and it's getting help from the Alliance for Automobile Manufacturers and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

A new highway bill pending before Congress would instruct all 50 states to require all motorists convicted of driving under the influence to equip their cars with interlock systems that shut down a vehicle when a measured amount of alcohol is detected.
(See the most important cars of all time.)

There are already about 150,000 interlock systems now in cars in the U.S., placed there for drivers with multiple DUI convictions. But the proposed mandate would expand the use of interlock systems exponentially; MADD's statistics indicate that nearly 1.5 million Americans are arrested annually on DUI charges, making it the No. 1 crime for which Americans are arrested.

States wouldn't have to abide by the ruling, but there would be heavy pressure to conform, since states that don't adopt the mandate could lose their highway funds. "The national 21 minimum drinking age and the .08% law [for allowable alcohol in the bloodstream] both resulted from federal highway sanctions. History tells us that this approach works," says Laura Dean-Mooney of MADD. So far only 11 states require interlocks for anyone with one conviction who is currently driving on a DUI-restricted license.

Opponents of the MADD push for stricter laws warn that a federal interlock requirement would serve as a Trojan horse, opening the way for even more sophisticated interlock technology that would be required on every car sold in the U.S., according to Sarah Longwell, managing director of the American Beverage Institute, which lobbies on behalf of taverns and restaurants. "If you go to the ball game and happen to have a beer you wouldn't be able drive home," she says.
(clip)

Location hidden

#1174 Jan 27, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
These morons don't care about how many children are killed every day in the USA
Funny how the people for regulating gun safety keep posting statistics and the gun gnutters keep insisting children die anyway.

How's that search for the 30-30 law coming, Numbnuts?

Location hidden

#1175 Jan 27, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And dozens died from the food they were served........
Some die from jumping out of airplanes.

But dozens of children die from gun shots when their idiot parents leave them unlocked in table drawers.

I guess you just don't care about them, eh, Numbnuts?

Location hidden

#1176 Jan 27, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
If we are really serious about violence and its causes now is the time to put pressure on the FCC and FTC to ban violence in movies and video games. Mental Health Experts have spoken on this. Ban all use of guns in movies, unless it the police or military.
You are making things up.

Shocking!

Let's see: Adam Lanza used an assault weapon- something the NRA has worked hard to make sure he had access to- to kill 27 people.

He did not use a video game or a violent movie.

He used an assault weapon, something that turn breathing children into hamburger into just a few minutes.

Thanks to the NRA and those gun gnutters who insist they should have an all-access pass to deadly weapons.

Location hidden

#1177 Jan 27, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhmmmm, my uninformed one, I was commenting on a comment
I guess you reserve the right to comment on a comment on a comment and no one else does.

Most Americans understand the need for background checks on gun sales.

The NRA is fighting background checks tooth and nail.

What will happen is: they will be forced to accept background checks, at which point they will pretend it was their idea in the first place.

I have been through it with background checks at gun sales when the NRA insisted the government was going to track all the gun sales and then collect them.

Still waiting...

Location hidden

#1178 Jan 27, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is this what this thread is about? Thanks. We might have forgotten. New to me. Never heard any of this. From a News source or network I bet.
Yeah, sorry to keep bringing it back to the topic instead of letting your rant and rave against libs and democrats.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#1180 Jan 27, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And dozens died from the food they were served........
Still waiting, Numbnuts...

Here Is One wrote:

Only a moron would shoot a moose with a 30/30
In Canada it is not even legal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 1 min gwww 88
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Chicagoan by Birth 232,711
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min One way or another 201,002
News Ohio county official apologizes for Hillary Cli... 4 min Captain Yesterday 48
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min The Donald_ 1,402,919
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min Big C 14,586
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 8 min WeTheSheeple 65
News Christie on Trumpa s plan to fire feds faster a... 18 min Donald Trump is a... 46
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 37 min WeTheSheeple 65
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Prince Bush Bin Lyin 390,965
More from around the web