Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two...

Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two adults and three children'

There are 1973 comments on the The Guardian story from Jan 20, 2013, titled Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two adults and three children'. In it, The Guardian reports that:

A teenager shot dead two adults and three children inside a Albuquerque home, authorities in New Mexico said on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Frito Bandito

San Diego, CA

#975 Jan 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That's you opinion, which you are entitled to.
I view someone who wants to own an assault weapon the same as I would someone who wants to own a machine gun or a full operational & armed tank or fighter jet or a nuclear weapon.
Owners of assualt weapons villainize THEMSELVES.
That's your opinion, which you are entitled to. And one that is shared by other narrow-minded freedom bigots like yourself.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#976 Jan 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
In general, yes.
Because I know from experience a "normal" looking rifle regardless of caliber doesn't play into the nutjob psyche that the same caliber rifle which mimics its military counterpart does.
It's not the gun per se as much as it is the intent & motivation of the person who would buy such a gun.
I've never met a psycho nutjob with a shotgun or 30-30 or 30-06; they're just normal hunters.
But talk more than 5 minutes with anyone who owns an assault rifle and you'll quickly find out they are likely to be an anti-government conspiracy theoriest end of the world as we know it survivalist preparing for the coming armageddon. In other words, a nutjob psycho.
"I've never met a psycho nutjob with a shotgun or 30-30 or 30-06; they're just normal hunters."

I guess you never met Charles Whitman...not surprized.

"An architectural engineering student, Whitman fired on passers-by for more than 80 minutes before he was killed about 1:20 p.m. Police said he was armed with two high-powered 30-06 rifles, a sawed-off shotgun and a .357-Magnum pistol."

All the other crap you said is pure BS!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#977 Jan 27, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there it is...finally from this "frustrated control freak". Another one of those "we know better than you"...peace loving...holier than thou...elitists.
"The only effective "treatment" for all you psychos is one of your own bullets right between your eyes."
I just bet you would love to be the one to squeeze that trigger wouldn't you...?...looking thru your sights...seeing that "psycho" holding that scary looking "assault rifle"...all black...pistol grip...collapsable stock...vertical forgrip...bayonet lug...flash suppressor....oh man...come on, squeeze that trigger...you can do it.
As I pointed out, most of you psycho nutjobs die at your own hands. Probably because you're also too cowardly to take accept responsibility for what you've done.

It's now a coincidence all the recent mass shooters also had a yellow streak a mile wide running down their backs. It's part of the reason they need to use an assault weapon; it's the only thing which makes them feel more like a man. It's the same reason they all tend to favor big trucks; compensating for what they lack elsewhere.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#978 Jan 27, 2013
And would love to see the cite that the "gun crowd will gladly break any law that they don't agree with."Right to Carry laws and Concealed Carry laws have increased law breaking? Crime has gone up in those states by the "gun crowd"? Now we have a whole class of law breakers because they legally own a firearm? Excellent logic and a well-reasoned conclusion on your part.

Tawas City, Michigan

#979 Jan 27, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So it all depends on what YOU determine is "normal". Whatever you say Sigmund. It doesn't matter one iota to you if the million plus AR owners consider it to be just another rifle (which it is). Keep drinking that Obama/Pierce Morgan Koolaid. Thanks for proving Marauder right ONCE AGAIN that you are nothing but another libtard frustrated control freak.
You have no more way of knowing what the "million plus AR owners consider" than I do.

So your opinion is no more valid than mine.

There is a reason WHY people would buy an assault weapon instead of the same identical caliber weapon but lacking the military styled features.

It's the WHY which makes them more dangerous.

Tawas City, Michigan

#980 Jan 27, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've never met a psycho nutjob with a shotgun or 30-30 or 30-06; they're just normal hunters."
I guess you never met Charles Whitman...not surprized.
"An architectural engineering student, Whitman fired on passers-by for more than 80 minutes before he was killed about 1:20 p.m. Police said he was armed with two high-powered 30-06 rifles, a sawed-off shotgun and a .357-Magnum pistol."
All the other crap you said is pure BS!
I said I've never met one; I haven't. That doesn't mean they don't exist; I'm sure they do.

Btw, the fact he had an illegal sawed-off shotgun pretty much proves my point that he wasn't a normal hunter but rather just another nutjob who shouldn't have been allowed to by any gun.

Tawas City, Michigan

#981 Jan 27, 2013
Frito Bandito wrote:
<quoted text>That's your opinion, which you are entitled to. And one that is shared by other narrow-minded freedom bigots like yourself.
Obviously it's shared by enough of my fellow citizens to get bans on assault weapons in 7 states, including your own state of California.

Location hidden

#982 Jan 27, 2013
And love that the Supremes didn't come up with a unanimous decision, therefore it is up for grabs.

About 30 percent of the Court's orally argued decisions in the 1946-2009 period were decided unanimously. Part of this is due to an increase in unanimous decisions reversing the Ninth Circuit. Including unanimous decisions against the Ninth Circuit shows a peak in 1997 of 51.1%(40.2% excluding Ninth Circuit reversals) and has declined since to 37%.

https://docs.google.com/viewer...

Revised June 19, 2011

Location hidden

#983 Jan 27, 2013
Click on HTML and it will redirect you to the cite and document.
dognz

Ellwood City, PA

#984 Jan 27, 2013
… Fowl Sobriety ban Human buy Guns

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#985 Jan 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The legislative process is an integral part of due process. They can't remove our rights, but they CAN restrict our rights, which is why I can't just go to Walmart and buy a fully automatic machine gun.
7 states currently ban assault weapons. If those bans are unconstitutional, then surely someone would have brought a case to the SCOTUS by now challenging such bans.
By ^this^ statement, you haven't got the foggiest clue as to what "due process" is. ANY restriction of a right, no matter how slight, without due process IS an infringement of that right, idiot.
Alejandro

Elgin, TX

#986 Jan 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:

But talk more than 5 minutes with anyone who owns an assault rifle and you'll quickly find out they are likely to be an anti-government conspiracy theoriest end of the world as we know it survivalist preparing for the coming armageddon. In other words, a nutjob psycho.
If the government has been hijacked by criminals, as ours clearly has*, then there is good reason to be "anti-government" in the sense that one is "anti-criminal" and "anti-tyrant." There is nothing abnormal about being apprehensive about criminal leaders who are clearly violent (but for some reason our media doesn't really cover the constant state-sponsored killings and challenge the "legal" justifications for this mass-murder) and seem to want a monopoly on violence.

How one chooses to address a criminal, violent government is a personal matter, but there is logic in the argument that a well-armed citizenry is a deterrent to aggression, whether that aggression comes from outside or from inside one's borders.

-----

* In case you need some examples of criminal activities by our government that have resulted in no judicial review (indicating a breakdown in our nation's self-correcting mechanisms), there are the invasions and occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, the unprovoked aggression against Libya and other sovereign nations, the drone murders, state-sponsored kidnapping and torture, bankster bail-out, "Fast and Furious," etc.)
1 post removed

Southeast Virginia

#988 Jan 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And Congress or state legislatures passing a law banning assault weapons IS part of due process.
California has had their ban since 1989; surely someone would have sued by now if their due process rigths had been violated.
Removing or restricting the rights of someone based solely on the actions of others WITHOUT THAT PERSON'S ABILITY TO DEFEND HIMSELF is the very antithesis of due process, you ignorant twit.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#989 Jan 27, 2013
Dittoheadpukes wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid neokon, ever heard of a "smart bomb"? Thirty IQ points smarter than a rednecked, sheep humping, paint chip eating NRA troll.
Tell me about this smart bomb that can take out the head of a terrorist holding a hostage to his chest and not hurt the hostage????

From a 1000 meters away.,........ROTFLMAO

Southeast Virginia

#990 Jan 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
As I pointed out, most of you psycho nutjobs die at your own hands. Probably because you're also too cowardly to take accept responsibility for what you've done.
It's now a coincidence all the recent mass shooters also had a yellow streak a mile wide running down their backs. It's part of the reason they need to use an assault weapon; it's the only thing which makes them feel more like a man. It's the same reason they all tend to favor big trucks; compensating for what they lack elsewhere.
And that is where you are completely f-ed in the head. You see, WE haven't done anything to take responsibility for. Jared Loughner may have, and Adam Lanza may have, but the other 99.99999% of over 90 MILLION gun owners have not done a damn thing. You want someone to blame, blame the libtards who think it is OK to leave psycho nutjobs like Lanza in public instead of locking them up in a mental hospital where they belong. Blame his mother who left her weapons accessible to him. Blame her for not locking his ass up like she should have. Blame the libtards who think that Gun-Free Zones actually will protect schools from someone hell-bent on mass destruction of lives (which has been proven over, and over, and over again since Columbine to NOT WORK)!

And straight out of the old tried and true libtard playbook, when you can't beat them in the debate at hand...just insult them sexually. That'll get 'em.{rolls eyes}

“Facts”

Location hidden

#991 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Do let me know the minute you find someone killing 20 children with a five gallon bucket of water.

Of course: I asked you several times already.

Funny: you can't seem to find one.
I guess you don't remember the guys that sprayed the salad bars 35 years ago???

Or the person that poisoned the baby food and killed 100s world wide???

How about the poison dog food??
Drywall

Are you really that stupid???

Sadam killed millions.....,,

Hitler did the same

It was cheaper for hitler to gas them

What do you think would happen with a 5 gallon bucket of home made potassium cyanide and a jug of swimming pool acid???

People for miles would have died

Tawas City, Michigan

#992 Jan 27, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
By ^this^ statement, you haven't got the foggiest clue as to what "due process" is. ANY restriction of a right, no matter how slight, without due process IS an infringement of that right, idiot.
Congress passing a law IS PART OF DUE PROCESS.

A due process violation is "when the government harms a person WITHOUT following the exact course of THE LAW".

So if Congress passes the law and the government follows that law, then there is no due process violation.

The law may be unconstitutional, but that is a COMPLETELY separate issue from due process.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#993 Jan 27, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for qualifying that statement! I was about to have words with you lol!
Moron/liberals are just that........Morons

With simple directions from the Internet and less money than a AR cost someone could have killed the entire town.....

A speck of ricin the size of a grain of salt will kill a person and could kill many if the powder was ground fine enough

To make a 55 gallon drum of this would cost almost nothing and everything you need to make it is available in almost every town

“Facts”

Location hidden

#994 Jan 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please, I've already anticipated everthing you could possibly say 2 days before the thought even entered what passes for your brain.
Really

A person that can look that far ahead is too stupid to see that making cocaine illegal put more coke on the street???

“Facts”

Location hidden

#995 Jan 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Bombs only kill randomly if you can't aim them well.

Maybe you should stick to 200 millimeters.......
Yes back to your apples and oranges again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas border residents mixed over whether they ... 1 min butters_ 15
News U.S. private prison operator shares seen rising... 2 min Mikey 6
News Donald Trump Is Mentally Ill According to Petit... 3 min Thesimpletruth 9
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 5 min Soetoro 1,394
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Brad 1,497,103
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 237,623
News 41 undocumented immigrants arrested in NY amid ... 8 min spytheweb 25
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 32 min Chilli J 412,784
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 42 min Make Merica great... 5,801
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 55 min Justice Dale 2,378
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Julia 258,857
More from around the web