5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading Ukraine - Without Going To War

Mar 1, 2014 Full story: ThinkProgress 3,026

Events in eastern Europe took a dramatic turn on Saturday as the Russian parliament cleared the way for President Vladimir Putin to use force in eastern Ukraine.

Full Story

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

#2348 May 8, 2014
Once again, I see Dimitri the Russian peasant not being honest about whether he can read clocks.
Somehow, I believe it runs in his family.
Some say, it is over his head.
Are all Russian kholkhozniks so stupid, one may ask?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2349 May 8, 2014
Pesky army wrote:
Once again, I see Dimitri the Russian peasant not being honest about whether he can read clocks.
To idiot Pesky army..Sticks..SWG..Yep.

I told you before, every time you open your ignorant gob, you make a fool of yourself.

"Yep, yaps his ignorant trash as usual, what an idiot prawn. Hehehehe.

You are such an ignorant fool Yep, do us all a favour, keep your stupid mouth shut, that's a good boy. Hehehehe.

Just like most Americans, arrogant, nasty, brainwashed and pig ignorant. Hehehehe
MACEDONIAN

Toronto, Canada

#2350 May 8, 2014
Pesky army wrote:
POLISH SCUMBAG! QUIT DENYING YOUR SLAVIC ANCESTRY! AND QUIT SUPPORTING YUGOSLAVIAN COMMUNIST LIES!YOU ARE ALL FKN SLAVS==>>MACEDONIAN NOTHING!

Loved everywhere

#2351 May 8, 2014
Can you tell us where this dive Macedonia is located?

Location hidden

#2352 May 8, 2014
Pesky army wrote:
Can you tell us where this dive Macedonia is located?

I told you before, every time you open your ignorant gob, you make a fool of yourself.

You are such an ignorant fool Yep, do us all a favour, keep your stupid mouth shut, that's a good boy. Hehehehe.

Just like most Americans, arrogant, nasty, brainwashed and pig ignorant. Hehehehe

Loved everywhere

#2353 May 8, 2014
What time is it kholkhoznik?
Take your time though.

Location hidden

#2354 May 8, 2014
Pesky army wrote:
What time is it kholkhoznik?
Take your time though.

1 post removed
Yep2

Gainesville, FL

#2356 May 8, 2014
Embassy Guy sure does love to shout.
Hawk

Wahiawa, HI

#2357 May 8, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I think most people would consider the Baltics as "north of Poland", not east of Poland. They are only a tiny bit "east of Poland" anyway
<quoted text>You just did because you're wrong
<quoted text>You are a retard. No one would say the Baltics are "east of Poland" since their borders are barely east of Poland's east border LOL
<quoted text>Did you not see my post? Or are you pretending you didn't see it?
Once again you are proven plainly wrong and you can't handle being caught in your own lies.
But it's OK, Being a Russian zombie seems to be your life's calling. There is no ringing of US bases against Russia. Pretending that there is just shows your willingness to be willfully ignorant of the facts.

Just like you are willfully ignorant of the fact that Russia has invaded Ukraine, Murdering the Ukrainian people, and stealing land from the people of Ukraine. For no other reason that the people of Ukraine just wanted a better life for their people and to be left in peace.

One needs to look no further than Russian spec-ops setting fire to a building in Odessa and murdering the very people that support them so much as proof the monsters that you support.
Hawk

Wahiawa, HI

#2358 May 8, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link is a video and I'm not watching any videos posted by trolls
Hahaha.... it's the home website of the very international airport that you are saying is a full scale US base. Where in my link does it show to be a video?

http://www.mk-airport.ro/indexen.php

What's wrong? does the truth bother you so much that just clicking on the home page of the very "air base" is too much to bear?

According to the home page you can get a nice deal on a hotel and car in the region too. Maybe you should book a flight so you can see if there is this such a scary base.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>MY link said it's an "air base", not an "airport" so wtf are you talking about?
"The base’s operations are being replaced by the Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base"
http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140208/NEW...
I'm sure you would rather believe the Romanian press (your link) but I'm taking the word of the US Army
See folks, this is how you can tell that Sunshine is so full of BS, First they claim that they don't click on links by trolls and then say my link is from the Romanian press.

Here is the reality, my link is to the airport's home page, with full details about the international airport.

Do you have a problem with NATO planes heading to Afghanistan stopping at a civilian airport for gas that much?
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>LOL you really are a moron. No treaty would say that and you know it... or do you? I gave links to to US PRESS sources that said that was the deal but somehow you know better? LOL
Where in you link does the press say that there was a deal period? I see nothing but speculation about a deal. I would love for you to show me a line in the paper that a journalist is going to put their career on the line and state with absolutes that there was a deal.

Because they can't, they can only assume. Much like you are doing.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand what's going on in Ukraine, do you?
The Russian speaking east would like to live in peace too, and not be ruled over by Russian-hating Nazis who have illegally and violently overthrown the democratically elected government.
You must be one of those west Ukrainian nazi families who immigrated to the US... was grandad a nazi? I doubt it was your father since you sound so young. Has grandad been caught yet or did he die before the Wiesenthal center could catch up with him?
Nope, No Ukrainian in my bloodline, Just an inquisitive observer that is calling you, Putin and Russians on their lies about the crimes against the Ukrainian people.

Why do you support the Invasion, murders, and thefts against the Ukrainian people so much?

If Russian speaking people in the East are so fond of Russia they are free to leave Ukraine of their free will.
Hawk

Wahiawa, HI

#2359 May 8, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
You can't just say "you're wrong" without proving it, fool.
I posted links to the Washington Post but you know better? LOL Prove it! Post links proving the Polish people want NATO or US bases there. NOT the Polish government but the Polish people. You won't do that because you CAN'T. You can't because the polls all say the Polish people are against it!
I have no idea how the Estonians feel about a US base. I don't think anyone has asked the Estonian PEOPLE how they feel about it. But, again, if you can find a poll and link to it...
People want the bases if their government wants the bases. The people elected their government to represent them and thus consent the government to act on the people's part. And they have been screaming for US bases in their nations.

Why do you hate the will of the people so much? Do you have a problem with democracy?

I guess not only do you now support Russia invading, murdering and stealing in Ukraine but you want the world to follow Russia's example of ignoring the people's wishes in elections and just have another authoritarianism.

The free people's of the former Warsaw pact nations that are now part of NATO don't want what Russian's "democracy".
Hawk

Wahiawa, HI

#2360 May 8, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks but what does that have to do with what I said?
<quoted text>You dismiss the reality that America calls the shots.
OK here's a challenge for you. Can you find ONE instance where another NATO member - the UK, Germany, etc - has called for an invasion and the US wasn't behind it but we went ahead and invaded that country? LOL Find ONE TIME that ever happened and the US didn't participate or take the lead. Or maybe find a NATO operation where the vast majority weren't American troops.
<quoted text>Fuck off.
Yesterday I read about 31 pro Russian protesters burning to death or jumping off a burning building. I didn't see pro Russians setting fire to people in Kiev during Maidan. I did see the maidan protesters throwing molotov cocktails and burning policemen do death. You people are SICK. You want to burn people to death, see what happens to you. I hope Russia takes the WHOLE country now!
<quoted text>You are a liar or a fool. Robert Gates, you asswipe. Robert Gates bitched about other NATO members not paying their share or doing their share but, once again, YOU know better than Gates? Gimme a break. I am tired of talking to you, fool. The rest of your post is just spinning or you're even more retarded than I thought.
<quoted text>Right Sector is in the east killing people. Now fuck off.
You claim that the SAC (supreme allied commander) has a say in NATO decisions as proof that America calls the shots in the alliance., SAC doesn't have a say in NATO governace, the SAC's job is to conduct operations, training and planning.

It is easy to dismiss the false accusation that America calls the shots in NATO when America does not call the shots in NATO.

You really are thick aren't you? again, read up on the thing that you hate so much. Of course America is going to take part in any operation that NATO does, the SAC is an American and America's support for the alliance is an oath to it's members that America would be there for them. Just like America and the UK was there for the people in Berlin when Russia tried to starve them by blocking all land routes into the city.

Russian cruelty created NATO not America. But Russia will fail today like they failed during their attempt to starve Berlin as the west will airlift the hope to the world against Russian evil.

Robert Gates is talking about each nations defense spending in NATO. If you can't tell the difference then you are the fool. Each nation in NATO has to pay at least a minimum for their own nations defense and not rely on other members nation's defenses to come to their aid as a replacement for their own armies.

But again, you don't know how to read the very links that you provide.

No, Russians are killing people in the east, like the Russian spec ops set fire to that building in Odessa, murdering the very people that believe that Russia is going to save them
Hawk

Wahiawa, HI

#2361 May 8, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't taught that Russia started the war but we finished it ;)
Then you have bad history books and teachers.

You should find the right history books and teachers and learn from them.
Hawk

Wahiawa, HI

#2362 May 8, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>He knows that. Or maybe he doesn't because he's an idiot. Did you see him trying to contradict Robert Gates?! WTF? He thinks he can just sit there and make up his own 'facts'.
Awe, what's wrong? when you get proven wrong by the very links that you provide you resort to insults.

I just keep slam dunking on your ignorant ass about history, facts and reality and you just can't handle it huh?
rio

Beckenham, UK

#2363 May 8, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess not only do you now support Russia invading, murdering and stealing in Ukraine but you want the world to follow Russia's example of ignoring the people's wishes in elections and just have another authoritarianism.
".
Is that not what the USA have been doing for decades on several continents?

Invading, stealing and murdering, also imposing puppet governments in the name of democracy?

How can you accuse Russia for doing what your country is an expert at?
Parden Pard

Whitehall, PA

#2364 May 8, 2014
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that not what the USA have been doing for decades on several continents?
Invading, stealing and murdering, also imposing puppet governments in the name of democracy?
How can you accuse Russia for doing what your country is an expert at?
Rio,,? yes we understand that you are a full blown commie.! Now that we have that out of the way,why would any country IN THIS DAY AND AGE invade another country..??Don't play the OLD card. You are so full of shit.!,,Tviy Rosum ye huyovaney..!(strait talk).....!(and kiss my-ass
rio

Beckenham, UK

#2365 May 8, 2014
Parden Pard wrote:
<quoted text>
,why would any country IN THIS DAY AND AGE invade another country
Why don't you ask that to your government which is an expert in the matter, intervening directly like in Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan, or indirectly like Kosovo, Libya or Syria?

Why should Russia be on trial by people like you who do exactly the same but more often and on a larger scale?
1 post removed
jelly doughnut

Scottsdale, AZ

#2367 May 8, 2014
lol
jelly doughnut

Kansas City, MO

#2368 May 8, 2014
where am I now?
1 post removed
jelly doughnut

UK

#2370 May 8, 2014
teleporting is cool!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min thewordofme 116,589
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 min That Fart Guy 22,575
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Fed Up Again 261,887
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Cali Girl 2014 55,893
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 3 min Chicagoan by Birth 228
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min No Surprize 153,317
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Tony Rome 1,109,871
Obama vows "relentless" fight against ISIS 13 min Obama Bad 108
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••