Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346159 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

YTubeNews

Marietta, GA

#325443 Jun 16, 2014

*Revelation's FALSE PROPHET --- ID'd (*News/photos)

http://youtu.be/YK8JdBd-gCY

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#325444 Jun 16, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
Are you a homosexual?
MYOB

If not; who are you to say what's offensive to homosexuals and what's not?
I'm not saying what's offensive,

I'm saying using derogatory words to address other posters is impolite, uncivil discourteous and violates topix T.O.S.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325445 Jun 16, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right. But I was just addressing you sarcastically and I'll address you any way I want, when I want. Don't like it ? STFU.

[QUOTE] Second, I'm not a bigot. "

Yes you are, of the worst order. You think because you say you're not makes it so ? LOL !!

[QUOTE]Third, I don't care about you."

Sure you do. You cared enough to fabricate this tortuous labyrinth of an explanation for me. It moved me. Or at least my bowels it did.

[QUOTE]Now, if you say you really care for people you've not met, who stand a "snowball's chance in hell" of affecting your life in any way, shape, or form, then you're a liar.
If you were to tell me you care that your neighbor's daughter does drugs while pregnant, I can accept that, because obviously you know her, or of her, and somehow, however meager, there is a greater than "the world is a big place" connection between you two. But, if you're going to tell me you care whether a 25 year prostitute in Seattle, the likes of whom you only know because you saw her face on the National Enquirer at your corner store, does drugs while she's pregnant, again, you're a liar.
Do not confuse caring for someone with a basic sense of human kindness. They are NOT the same. Caring for someone goes beyond the mere feeling of empathy or pity. Besides, if you have an iota of sense and the psychological defenses of humans, we all are subject to TWO essential ways in which we deal with adversity and/or fear; fight or flight. I pick and choose which ones I display and when.
If you ask me whether I am not going to get on my step-daughter's case if she drinks alcohol while pregnant, or doesn't take her pre-natal vitamins, and I'll be the first to tell you I'll be on her like stink on shit, IF there is not justifiable cause for her to do either. Although I really won't have to, because her mother and her father being on her case will definitely be enough. But, if you ask me if I care whether your daughter does the same, then the answer is an unequivocal NO.
Do you think I care about the persecution of women in Africa? About the kids that are paraded on TV, who are shown drinking from a mud pit? Hell no. That as a human being it appeals to my sense of human kindness, yes. But, that I care, NO.
People who care do more than just talk about things. They elevate their sense of human kindness to make a difference. In addition, caring is a choice. When it comes to people who will not affect my life in any way, shape, or form, I won't do anything more than express human kindness. When I do a mitzvah, it is on people I can see, talk to, and I do it when I feel compelled to do it. Not because of some stereotype or because it's expected.
Live and let live. As the xtian hypocrites say, "do unto others as you want others to do unto you." And I'll bet my left testicle you won't like it if people tell you you can't do this, you can't do that, you must do this, you must do that.
So shut your piehole."

Whew !
So the bottom line is you DO care. Oh sure the women you care about have to meet some specific criteria but you nevertheless DO care.
A far cry from your claim, in response to someone who asked what you would say to ANY woman, that you ONLY care that they have the right but care not how they exercise it. You fraud.

And by the way, bigot. Caring need not manifest itself in action. Caring is a state of mind. A feeling that you have regard for someone/ something, whether you know them or not.

[QUOTE]I'll be specific when you post your photo. "

I knew it. Blowhard.
Your initial post promised me a delivery at the intersection of my choice. There were no conditions attached.
A bigot AND a blowhard. Wonderful.
You go on believing what you want. If that gets you wet, so be it. Stick a light pole up your koos. And if you miss and it goes up your a$$, make sure you pull the corn cob out your mouth.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325446 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
MYOB

Conservative Democrat wrote, "If not; who are you to say what's offensive to homosexuals and what's not?"

I'm not saying what's offensive,

I'm saying using derogatory words to address other posters is impolite, uncivil discourteous and violates topix T.O.S.
So, do something about it, instead I crying like a $2.00 sharmuta.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#325447 Jun 16, 2014
Don't read into this CD because you're the last one to post. This comment would have followed any poster (except CPete, I just adore him too much, and would have waited)

In honor of anyone that ticked me off. here's 3 minutes you'll never get back. pffffffffffffffffffffffffft

I look forward to my banishment!

Ya, that's right, I went there. You guys have only yourselves to blame. If it's any consolation, it hurt me too.

I look forward to spreading my dismay in the future.

~RC Troll
Common Sense

New York, NY

#325448 Jun 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good call! C.D. doesn't just denigrate homosexuals, he also regularly insults other posters who disagree with his political goals. Thanks for calling bigots on their own words, it helps everyone on topix.
He's an angry bigot with a real short fuse. Nail him on his bullshit and then sit back and watch slurs and expletives fly.
Common Sense

New York, NY

#325449 Jun 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I'll make jokes on any subject I choose, and you can not like it.
And when you do other posters will call you on it as they choose, and you can not like it.
Common Sense

New York, NY

#325450 Jun 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
As the resident homosexual here, I can state that neither use of the "f" word was homophobic. One use was parenthetical, meaning it was meant to be used ironically, and the other was much in the same fashion, in the character of a non-existent 3rd person showing astonishment and annoyance. Homophobia, like any bigotry, is in the intent, not the vocabulary.
Now, go find something else to whine about; I'll be glad to let you know if I find something objectionable.
<quoted text>
Unless you're an Englishman using the term to describe a cigarette, the word is offensive and derogatory... regardless of what a PC apologist like you says.
Moreover his accusations of homosexuality against others as an attack mechanism clearly implies he considers it to be a negative. That in conjunction with his mocking of gay AIDS victims by referencing "Rock Hudson's rear end collisions", leave no doubt the type of person we are dealing with here.
You have no credibility here. None.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#325451 Jun 17, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You see....you say you get it but you really don't. We're not talking about me we're talking about YOU. You say you support a woman's right to live her life as she sees fit, yet you care not one iota if she uses that right to hurt herself or the unborn life she carries. My point was you can do both. You can support her right but still exhibit human compassion and feeling and CARE what happens to her. Yet you do NOT care. And that says tons about you, my bigoted friend.
<quoted text>
That works for me. Right by the park fountain just off of 161 St. Is that 5:00 today, tomorrow ? What ? Be specific.
Don't you think each individual pregnant woman should have a say in "what happens" to her?

We all care. If we didn't we wouldn't waste our time posting to this subject.

Those if you who think your "caring" should extend to making any pregnant woman's choice for her is mistaking "caring" for control. The PL thinks it knows best concerning pregnancy, as if it were an umbrella in which they have a one size fits all solution. Every pregnant woman's circumstances are different, and that's what the AC/PL simply ignores.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325452 Jun 17, 2014
By what sorcery did you summon this video of Miley Cyrus in 30 years?

I have to admit, this didn't bother me as much as watching Mick Jagger singing songs he did in his 20's.
R C Honey wrote:
Don't read into this CD because you're the last one to post. This comment would have followed any poster (except CPete, I just adore him too much, and would have waited)
In honor of anyone that ticked me off. here's 3 minutes you'll never get back. pffffffffffffffffffffffffft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YIpQbKs5lMsXX
I look forward to my banishment!
Ya, that's right, I went there. You guys have only yourselves to blame. If it's any consolation, it hurt me too.
I look forward to spreading my dismay in the future.
~RC Troll

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325453 Jun 17, 2014
Call away; you seem to think I care what you allegedly think.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you do other posters will call you on it as they choose, and you can not like it.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#325454 Jun 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
, it is very difficult to find good reasons to advocate a mother murder her unborn child. I'm against violence toward other human beings, no matter how old or young they are.
That's where you got it wrong. PC does not list good reasons or bad reasons for abortion. We believe women should retain the right to decide what are good reasons or bad and make her choice accordingly.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#325455 Jun 17, 2014
So, do something about it, instead I crying like a $2.00 sharmuta.
I'm doing something about it by recording every insult and injury and calling the offenders for discourtesy and ad hominem irrationality. That's sufficient, I'm not trying to shut anyone up, I seldom report posts, we can't learn from your views if you don't write.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#325456 Jun 17, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
He's an angry bigot with a real short fuse. Nail him on his bullshit and then sit back and watch slurs and expletives fly.
I know their M.O. and you've got them pegged. Then nail him on the slurs and expletives for the sake of consistency and mutual respect.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#325457 Jun 17, 2014
"Brian_G" whined
MYOB

cd struck a nerve huh? you should use the same outlook for abortion.....

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#325458 Jun 17, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"Brian_G" whined MYOB cd struck a nerve huh? you should use the same outlook for abortion......
C.D. used the "f*g" word twice on a topix thread and was called on it. Do you want to defend the use of derogatory words and insulting descriptions of gays? How do you justify that and still believe in gay rights?

Gay rights are human rights, not special rights like rewriting marriage law for everyone.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#325459 Jun 17, 2014
STO wrote:
That's where you got it wrong. PC does not list good reasons or bad reasons for abortion. We believe women should retain the right to decide what are good reasons or bad and make her choice accordingly.
That might work if women were the only ones involved, but theirs a very young, innocent human life involved and we shouldn't ignore the plight of the unborn. Late term abortion is even more 'in your face' and women can't reverse right and wrong based on choice.

Pregnant women need help and support toward delivery, then there's adoption, or the mother can decide to keep her baby once she sees her child's face.
Common Sense

New York, NY

#325460 Jun 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's not the 50's anymore...women aren't helpless, brainless fluffballs who need men to protect them. They're perfectly capable of making their own decisions. One of those decisions is whether or not to carry a pregnancy tgo term...and she doesn't need you to protect her from herself.
<quoted text>
Completely off topic. Do you even read what you respond to, bigot apologist ?
Common Sense

New York, NY

#325461 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
You go on believing what you want. If that gets you wet, so be it. Stick a light pole up your koos. And if you miss and it goes up your a$$, make sure you pull the corn cob out your mouth.
Another swing and a miss for the genius who believes sex for procreation is not pleasurable.
Does this mean I don't get my barf bags?
Run your line of bullshit past someone who can't see right through it, fraud.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325462 Jun 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm doing something about it by recording every insult and injury and calling the offenders for discourtesy and ad hominem irrationality. That's sufficient, I'm not trying to shut anyone up, I seldom report posts, we can't learn from your views if you don't write.
IOW, you harbor a morbid desire to waste time. Duly noted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California to defend immigration laws against T... 5 min Jayhawker 20
News Nearly 70 children being taken from families at... 34 min Say What 158
News Border separations ripple through midterm campa... 37 min Say What 66
News Melania Trump says US should govern - with hear... 39 min Say What 331
News Another test of loyalty looms over Trump's Minn... 40 min Birdzilla 1
News Republicans in Congress look for way out of bor... 42 min Say What 26
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min RoxLo 1,781,554
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr Kwisatz Haderach 87,854
News Trump again blames Dems for forced separation o... 2 hr HillaryVagrantfarts 223