Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,951
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324926 May 13, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text> Not saying to have the baby for my convenience, "convenient" is the wrong word.
Then quit using it to describe abortion - which is also REALLY inconvenient, and which you people are bound and determined to make even less convenient.

Gestating for someone else's benefit, or so some stranger can sleep better at night, is also REALLY inconvenient.

You don't get to define "convenient" for someone else, anymore than I do.

Get it?
Naughtyrobot wrote:
When my baby was kicking and you could see her foot pressing against momma's belly, you can't tell me that is not a baby. When we saw the ultrasound and saw her suck her thumb, you can't tell me that is not a baby, a living person. When her little precious head popped out of the birth canal, sure it was a bit messy, but beautiful, how could anyone say that is not a baby until the legs came out too? Think about it.
Your feelings toward your gestating fetus are common among 9/10ths of all pregnant women.....that portion of the pregnant population which chooses to gestate. Be happy that so few women choose to decline gestation via abortion, and rejoice with the women who decide to have our babies instead.

Why can't that be enough for you people?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#324927 May 13, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry peace lover women are the weaker sex and they are in fact forced or coerced all the time to get abortions by their "boy friends". They are very scared and grow to regret the abortion and suffer physical and emotional pain for the rest of their lives. And when innocent life is killed it is everyone's business starting first and foremost with the unborn child.
Lol, "...women are the weaker sex..." It's silly statements like that that show you foolish. I'm sorry if that was your experience and sorry that it was, in the past, some unknown percentage of other women's experience. Give me unbiased documentation of when, where and how many of these forced abortions have taken place. Unbiased facts, please. You can't, so you don't know how common that occurance was or is. Just your twisted wishful thinking, thank God. Fortunately, today's young women in this country are strong, self-determining, and know that they have choices. And, again, no, it's not your business. When was the last time you got to be involved in the private discussion between a pregnant woman and her physician? When did you get to decide for a stranger whether she will stay pregnant or abort?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324928 May 13, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry peace lover women are the weaker sex and they are in fact forced or coerced all the time to get abortions by their "boy friends"..
Mostly as a result of the constant hum of 'boys will be boys' in the background of a little boy's life. Boys are supposed to grow into men, who aren't as selfish as the average three year old. Failing to do so is no excuse for impregnating a woman, if you don't want to be a father.

He should have kept his pants on. Personal responsibility, don'tcha know.

And yet, I'm guessing you're more willing to absolve him of coercion, than you are to absolve her for acquiescing to his wishes.

Dude.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They are very scared and grow to regret the abortion and suffer physical and emotional pain for the rest of their lives..
Yes, it happens. Usually when the woman is the product of a strict religious upbringing, which relied heavily on guilt and shame as disciplinary tools. She's been programmed her whole life, to believe she's 'just a woman', as you seem to see her. I really hope you have no kids, fella.

There are counselors and mental health professionals who can help her work through her grief - but her grief is not a reason to prohibit other women from making that choice.

Most of us are greatly relieved....not guilt-ridden.(I think that fact really grinds your gears.)
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
And when innocent life is killed it is everyone's business starting first and foremost with the unborn child.
Bullshit. If this was the case, there would be no child murder cold cases, or kids being beaten to death by their parents, or the river of hades which is the underground sex slave trade in this country.

Innocent life is for sale in every city in America. And it 'gets killed' all the time.
Go save a 10 year old runaway who's already here, and leave women to reproduce at will.......OUR WILL.

Next.....
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#324929 May 14, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, "...women are the weaker sex..." It's silly statements like that that show you foolish. I'm sorry if that was your experience and sorry that it was, in the past, some unknown percentage of other women's experience. Give me unbiased documentation of when, where and how many of these forced abortions have taken place. Unbiased facts, please. You can't, so you don't know how common that occurance was or is. Just your twisted wishful thinking, thank God. Fortunately, today's young women in this country are strong, self-determining, and know that they have choices. And, again, no, it's not your business. When was the last time you got to be involved in the private discussion between a pregnant woman and her physician? When did you get to decide for a stranger whether she will stay pregnant or abort?
Elise you do nobody a favor by attempting to cover up what's happening in this world today. A majority of young girls and women are left abandoned by the boy or man who impregnated them. They are basically used for sex. Let's stop trying to ignore this fact. If that man really cared an iota about them,they would stand by her side at this vulnerable time for her. How many women are left to raise their child ALONE (mostly at poverty levels) and left with the responsibility of doing it all? How many girls come into abortion clinics or pregnancy alternative centers ALONE to face ALL the consequences?

This is a terrible sign of females allowing men to take advantage of them. THEY pay the price of their moment of enjoyment and the man is off onto his next conquest. Women need to empower themselves by realizing that they mean something more than a quick sex romp until the guy has had enough. I think that women today have lowered themselves to nothing more than sex objects and they deserve MORE.

Now,please don't go on a rampage about how women loveeeee sex as much as men because that is irrelevent to my point. Women have allowed themselves to become second class citizens all over again. Killing your child doesn't empower women either. Stand up and DEMAND true love and committment and stop selling yourselves short. It's pitiful.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#324930 May 14, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Of course, there is no baby unless she decides there will be one. So, finally, you understand that her private decisions regarding any and all reproductive matters are none of your business. Your opinion is irrelevant to any pregnancy but your own. Thanks for your input, though.
Killing innocent human lives is EVERYONES business. Susan Smith made sure that her young sons were never going to become adolesants,teenagers,adults,wh en she made her "private decision" to end their lives. She,as their mother,made a "private decision" to kill them instead of giving them up for adoption. She felt that it was HER choice,didn't she?

You women who condone killing your own flesh and blood because YOU don't want them,is absolutely disgusting. IMO,you find it too painful to admit the truth about what you did,so you defend the act for others to do(safety in numbers I suppose). Go get help before more are harmed and lose their lives. God WILL forgive you Elise. You need to believe that. You NEED healing and forgiveness. Living in the darkness will only keep you down.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#324931 May 14, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Then G-d is the biggest murderer.
Oh good grief CD don't you know the difference between natural death and killing? God created us with a body that will die. We ALL will have our bodies die. Our souls will go on for eternity. That is the way God intended it. He gives life and he takes life.

A man coming up to another man and shooting him in the head,killing him,is not natural or the way God intended. Free will gone wrong,makes man think that they are Godlike. Deliberate elective Abortion is in no way equivillant to spontaneous abortion(miscarriage) anymore than man dying of natural causes being equivillant to him being shot in the head with an AK.

*sigh* stupidity knows no boundaries.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#324932 May 14, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, abortion, being a medical procedure, is medical treatment. That includes the abortions of which you don't personally approve.
Apparently,MOST who claim to be pro-choice are against elective abortions after a certain gestation age. They DON'T approve of killing those human lives/baby. They think that those little ones DESERVE protection. They are AGAINST the womans choice to kill that child at that point.

Just sayin..........

Question for you; Do you think that they are hypocrites? Are they pro-choice? be honest now Elise,one can't say they are for choice when they really aren't,now can they?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324933 May 14, 2014
You women (and men) who support compelling the fertile to gestate, so that the infertile will have more kids to choose from, are completely insane.

You women (and men) who believe the "God" of the Christian Bible has to 'forgive' women for ending a pregnancy before term, when that same Bible indicates "God" is responsible for ending 2/3 of all pregnancy before term, worldwide, are completely in denial.

You women (and men) who wish to astronomically increase the population, while decimating the social safety net, are completely cruel.

You women (and men) who want to convince women that personal risk-assessment is immoral, and that self-defense is 'murder,' when we are pregnant, are completely WRONG.

Next....

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324934 May 14, 2014
The majority of women who get pregnant give birth, by a wide margin.

Enough with this "used for sex" garbage; most people have sex because they want to. Being used implies that one takes advantage of the other, and that's just not the case.

Some women do face pregnancy and child-rearing alone. Many go ahead, and many abort. That both options are available to the woman is the definition of freedom.

I'm glad I wasn't raised by a woman who saw her gender as a bunch of victims. You make decisions and you deal with the consequences of those decisions in the way that you believe is best. Stop blaming everything on the guys.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Elise you do nobody a favor by attempting to cover up what's happening in this world today. A majority of young girls and women are left abandoned by the boy or man who impregnated them. They are basically used for sex. Let's stop trying to ignore this fact. If that man really cared an iota about them,they would stand by her side at this vulnerable time for her. How many women are left to raise their child ALONE (mostly at poverty levels) and left with the responsibility of doing it all? How many girls come into abortion clinics or pregnancy alternative centers ALONE to face ALL the consequences?
This is a terrible sign of females allowing men to take advantage of them. THEY pay the price of their moment of enjoyment and the man is off onto his next conquest. Women need to empower themselves by realizing that they mean something more than a quick sex romp until the guy has had enough. I think that women today have lowered themselves to nothing more than sex objects and they deserve MORE.
Now,please don't go on a rampage about how women loveeeee sex as much as men because that is irrelevent to my point. Women have allowed themselves to become second class citizens all over again. Killing your child doesn't empower women either. Stand up and DEMAND true love and committment and stop selling yourselves short. It's pitiful.

Indianapolis

#324935 May 14, 2014
Nothing in anyone's body is anyone else's business; that's the core of being secure in one's own person. You don't even have a right to know if a woman is pregnant, much less what she plans on doing about it.

Not everybody cares about your god, and not even his adherents agree on this issue.

Living in darkness? Janis Ian's got your number:

"Those people who surround you
only want to see you weak enough to crawl
They'll lie for you, decide for you
and buy up all your rights and all your wrongs
And they'll try to stop your singing
in the middle of your song
for they do not want you free
and they will not make you strong
but only drag you down in the hole they're coming from

"They say you are foolish for wanting the sun
They call you selfish for learning to run
They'll tell you that the darkness is a blessing in disguise
You never have to notice if you're sighted or you're blind
and they'll do their best to keep you from the light"
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Killing innocent human lives is EVERYONES business. Susan Smith made sure that her young sons were never going to become adolesants,teenagers,adults,wh en she made her "private decision" to end their lives. She,as their mother,made a "private decision" to kill them instead of giving them up for adoption. She felt that it was HER choice,didn't she?
You women who condone killing your own flesh and blood because YOU don't want them,is absolutely disgusting. IMO,you find it too painful to admit the truth about what you did,so you defend the act for others to do(safety in numbers I suppose). Go get help before more are harmed and lose their lives. God WILL forgive you Elise. You need to believe that. You NEED healing and forgiveness. Living in the darkness will only keep you down.

Indianapolis

#324936 May 14, 2014
See, here's the thing...the PC'ers allow for different viewpoints. The PLM'ers require everyone to be in lockstep or they're not really "pro-life".
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently,MOST who claim to be pro-choice are against elective abortions after a certain gestation age. They DON'T approve of killing those human lives/baby. They think that those little ones DESERVE protection. They are AGAINST the womans choice to kill that child at that point.
Just sayin..........
Question for you; Do you think that they are hypocrites? Are they pro-choice? be honest now Elise,one can't say they are for choice when they really aren't,now can they?
Farrah luvs Cats

New York, NY

#324937 May 14, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
See, here's the thing...the PC'ers allow for different viewpoints. The PLM'ers require everyone to be in lockstep or they're not really "pro-life".
<quoted text>
Im pc and i find it hypocritical as well. Sorry,but actually you cannot say that you are in favor of our choices then turn around and retract that notion. Lets be real man. Youre either for choice or not. Us woman have total controlboverbour pregnancies or we dont. Pick one or stfu with the games. Making us all look bad for playing games.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324938 May 14, 2014
Farrah luvs Cats wrote:
<quoted text> Im pc and i find it hypocritical as well. Sorry,but actually you cannot say that you are in favor of our choices then turn around and retract that notion. Lets be real man. Youre either for choice or not. Us woman have total controlboverbour pregnancies or we dont. Pick one or stfu with the games. Making us all look bad for playing games.
While I agree that it's hypocritical to be for choice only up to a certain point, I also know that the majority of people in this country are opposed to late-term abortion on demand. Be careful what you wish for - if it's an 'either or none' proposition, you're probably looking at 'none' when it comes to a vote on abortion, if you insist a woman should be able to get a legal abortion for non-medical reasons, after viability - don't push your luck.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324939 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Elise you do nobody a favor by attempting to cover up what's happening in this world today. A majority of young girls and women are left abandoned by the boy or man who impregnated them. They are basically used for sex. Let's stop trying to ignore this fact. If that man really cared an iota about them,they would stand by her side at this vulnerable time for her. How many women are left to raise their child ALONE (mostly at poverty levels) and left with the responsibility of doing it all? How many girls come into abortion clinics or pregnancy alternative centers ALONE to face ALL the consequences?
Your argument makes victims of women and "criminals" of men and it simply isn't so.

It's true that by and large, women of today do not know enough to value themselves more. But, in order to change that, you have to change society and religion alone does not do that, especially when many religions border on cults, and operate by instilling fear in the minds of people. People tend to stay away from fear.

You complain that women are used for sex, or as sex objects, while turning a blind eye to how much $$$ many women make, willingly, by being sex objects. Look at the plethora of billboards on the side of the road; at TV commercials; at magazine covers. If you don't see a woman in a swim suit, or minimal clothing, and in a suggestive posture, then you're probably looking at the Amish newsletter.

Sex sells dweeb. Women want money, power, recognition, and yes, SEX, just as much as men do. Only difference is, more men are willing to fork off $$ to get a lap dance, or be a "sugar daddy," than women are willing to do the same. But, it doesn't mean women don't do it. Women are BY FAR, more aggressive than men with regard to sex. And why? Simple; women are less likely to be rejected by men. A single man has to be extremely careful when approaching a woman for the first time. There's the potential for rejection, disgust, and even accusations of sexual harassment. Women don't really have to worry about that to the same extent. And many, if not most, take advantage of this "superiority" to trap guys, just to get a "pay check."

Yes. Women deserve more. But, taking away their choices to either end an unwanted pregnancy, or use birth control, IS NOT going to give women more. It's only going to place an even greater burden in a social system that is already overburdened, and it's going to open up children to foster homes and abuse. In 2012 nearly 400,000 kids were in the United States' foster care system. In the same year, over 3 million cases of child abuse/endangerment were made to child protective agencies, and an estimated 1,640 children died as a consequence of child abuse.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/factsheets/...
https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/stati...

If you really want to help women, place an emphasis on the unwanted children of this nation. Women have a far greater motherly instinct than men do. If women were made aware of these facts, you'd probably see less unwanted pregnancies and less kids suffering the tragedy of having one, or two, parents who do not want them.
1 post removed

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324941 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Killing innocent human lives is EVERYONES business. Susan Smith made sure that her young sons were never going to become adolesants,teenagers,adults,wh en she made her "private decision" to end their lives. She,as their mother,made a "private decision" to kill them instead of giving them up for adoption. She felt that it was HER choice,didn't she?
So your uterus is my business????

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324942 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Oh good grief CD don't you know the difference between natural death and killing? God created us with a body that will die. We ALL will have our bodies die. Our souls will go on for eternity. That is the way God intended it. He gives life and he takes life.
A man coming up to another man and shooting him in the head,killing him,is not natural or the way God intended. Free will gone wrong,makes man think that they are Godlike. Deliberate elective Abortion is in no way equivillant to spontaneous abortion(miscarriage) anymore than man dying of natural causes being equivillant to him being shot in the head with an AK.
So it's ok for G-d to be an abortionist, but it's not ok for a woman to cause the same end-result as G-d does.

Hoshea 9:16; Hoshea 13:16

Next....

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324943 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Oh good grief CD don't you know the difference between natural death and killing? God created us with a body that will die. We ALL will have our bodies die. Our souls will go on for eternity. That is the way God intended it. He gives life and he takes life.
Dweeb, you forget I'm a Jewish convert and that I rejected christianity to adopt Judaism. I know all about christianity dear, so do yourself a favor and stop preaching to the proverbial "choir."

Christianity teaches that a soul that has known no sin, is pure and will not go to hell. So, whether it is a zygote that fails to attach to the uterine walls, or a 9 week old fetus that's aborted, neither have known "sin" and you know where you xtian hypocrites believe either of them will go.

So what's your beef if the soul of the unborn goes to the same place whether the body is disposed off by nature, or a medical procedure?

I know. You just don't want women to have free will to end a pregnancy or use birth control. You want them to only have free will to abstain from sex and not become sex slaves, or sex objects.

Duly noted..

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324944 May 14, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently,MOST who claim to be pro-choice are against elective abortions after a certain gestation age. They DON'T approve of killing those human lives/baby. They think that those little ones DESERVE protection. They are AGAINST the womans choice to kill that child at that point.
Just sayin..........
Baloney.

Most pro-choicers are for elective abortions at any stage of the pregnancy, provided that the procedure complies with the law.

In my case, my religion states that if the mother's life is threatened by the pregnancy, an abortion is mandatory and if necessary, the fetus is chopped off like hamburger and pulled off limb-by-limb. No choice in the matter.

Guess what, I endorse that teaching. A woman can always elect to have children again. A woman cannot elect to live again if she dies.

So you know, I've ALWAYS believed this way, even before my conversion to Judaism.

Jus sayin
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324945 May 14, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
You women (and men) who support compelling the fertile to gestate, so that the infertile will have more kids to choose from, are completely insane.
You women (and men) who believe the "God" of the Christian Bible has to 'forgive' women for ending a pregnancy before term, when that same Bible indicates "God" is responsible for ending 2/3 of all pregnancy before term, worldwide, are completely in denial.
You women (and men) who wish to astronomically increase the population, while decimating the social safety net, are completely cruel.
You women (and men) who want to convince women that personal risk-assessment is immoral, and that self-defense is 'murder,' when we are pregnant, are completely WRONG.
Next....
Yoyu really bought into that PP garbarge, din't you? I'll bet you can look at an ultra sound of a five mon fetus and still not see a baby. Amazing what our minds can to hide the truth from one's self.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324946 May 14, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney.
Most pro-choicers are for elective abortions at any stage of the pregnancy, provided that the procedure complies with the law.
In my case, my religion states that if the mother's life is threatened by the pregnancy, an abortion is mandatory and if necessary, the fetus is chopped off like hamburger and pulled off limb-by-limb. No choice in the matter.
Guess what, I endorse that teaching. A woman can always elect to have children again. A woman cannot elect to live again if she dies.
So you know, I've ALWAYS believed this way, even before my conversion to Judaism.
Jus sayin
That seems to be all you learned about Judaism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,153,053
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Save This Nation 165,162
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Hooogle It 131,824
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 min Eagle 12 2,186
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Aprilvue 292,959
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 11 min Hooogle It 51
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 14 min Shinichiro Takizawa 37
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 48 min barefoot2626 582
Elizabeth Warren was told to stay quiet, but sh... 1 hr foster 142
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 2 hr Chicagoan by Birth 242
More from around the web