Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
303,401 - 303,420 of 305,396 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Judged:

I think tubes being tied should accompany any abortion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Drifting to sleep wrote:
You think that strongly enough, that you're willing to foot the bill with your tax dollars?

Do you advocate an abortion and sterilization registry?

Should women who have an abortion to save our lives, forfeit the further right to have biological children?

Who gets to decide 'who gestates' and 'who doesn't' under your regime?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Judged:

Destroying your body with sex? Sex is healthy regardless of which genders are involved as long as it's done safely. I've never had a wreck during sex; maybe you shouldn't f**k while driving.

Women decide how they will "preserve their bodies", not you buttinskis.

BTW--alcohol and drugs have been legal for the majority of our history as a nation--just like abortion.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Pro Life people believe that our body is to be taken care of. Not to be destroyed with drugs, alcohol, murder, wreckless sex, homosexuality and of course murder by Abortion. Preservation of the Body may not be a moral value of yours but it is central to the majority.
Thus the Law is based upon morality not "rights".

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Judged:

Well, you go right ahead and have both. The rest of us won't be stupid.
Drifting to sleep wrote:
1 post removed
4life

Chapmanville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You said PC is against restrictions that would make clinics safer, and I asked what restrictions are you talking about? Don't see an answer in your reply.
Because you are trying to make an argument based on morality, I'll ask whose morality? Are any circumstrances a woman would choose abortion okay with you? Any at all?
Goooooood grief, do you not know what Google is? If you really wanted an answer, you would have looked it up. I promise, I didn't "doctor" the whole entire www! You're wanting your answers from an anonymous person on this site, instead of looking it up yourself? Yes, sounds like you're really searching for the truth! Only when the "truth" is what you like?
4life

Chapmanville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
And too young to risk carrying to term, right?
What century are you living in that you believe a young person (aka teenager) cannot carry a baby to term? Jeeeeez & please.
4life

Chapmanville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>All of which indicates your unwillingness to answer the question I asked.
Try again?
Ok, you busted me, again. You guys are just too smart for me. I was dodging that very intellectual question, because it made so much sense.
Here goes>>>>If ever I am merrily skipping down a street, look up, see flames, discover that it's my apartment>>>here's what I would do (are you still not having an aw-ha moment as to how silly this scenario is?).
I would rush into the burning building, and I would save my child. The child whom I have mothered, and grew emotionally attached to for x amount of years. The child who also realizes they are in a burning building, and is filled with terror. The child who can feel pain, and knows that something is horribly wrong.
That is who I would save.
Now, once I'm out of the building, do I get arrested for illegally harboring a Petri fish full of frozen embryo's, or do I go straight to the psych ward?
You keep coming up with those ridick scenarios. They're really making people think >>winkwink<<<
M Y O B

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

When it comes to family planning, why can't we all just mind our own business?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Judged:

There's no Sophie's Choice going on here. The answer would be fairly obvious.

However, here's one to consider.

You're walking down the street, you see a person trip, and fall. You notice that that person has a bag full of illegal drugs that just fell all over the side walk. Do you

A) Run to their aide, help them put their drugs back, and go on your merry way.
B) You run up to them with your arms covering your face, steal the drugs, and kick em when their down.
C) Follow them to see where they are going, and then call the cops.
D) Run home to make sure you left the stove burner off

I'd do B, but that's just me
1 post removed

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

R C Honey wrote:
You're walking down the street, you see a person trip, and fall. You notice that that person has a bag full of illegal drugs that just fell all over the side walk. Do you
B) You run up to them with your arms covering your face, steal the drugs, and kick em when their down.
Hah-hah!

You're bad babe!
;P
To hell with the stove burner...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

cpeter1313 wrote:
Destroying your body with sex? Sex is healthy regardless of which genders are involved as long as it's done safely. I've never had a wreck during sex; maybe you shouldn't f**k while driving.
Women decide how they will "preserve their bodies", not you buttinskis.
BTW--alcohol and drugs have been legal for the majority of our history as a nation--just like abortion.
<quoted text>
Oh good grief, Pete, you've done it now....they can't abide being shown the facts of 'life'.......since they're so focused on fetuses....

Besides, I'm betting the poster to whom you replied here has NEVER had sex in a vehicle. I'm sure his bunk bed set isn't equipped with wheels.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Yeah, I get it....substitute 'Black" for 'fetus' in the post above, and you get 'racist bigot', in the place where the SCPL likes to put 'ageist bigot' these days.

Whatever works, right guys?

Anyhow, given that the primary focus on abortion comes from the political party which claims to be for

'smaller government',

I find it passing strange that the Republicans are interested in being the womb police for 51% of the population.........this does NOT sound like 'smaller government' to me.

I'm all for State's Rights - but I reserve the right to decide for myself whether I will gestate or not, EVEN WHEN PREGNANT,(since it's still MY body) and even if my State forbids me to access one of the choices.

My rights to bodily autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense, ARE NOT UP FOR A VOTE.

Period.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Pro Life people believe that our body is to be taken care of. Not to be destroyed with drugs, alcohol, murder, wreckless sex, homosexuality and of course murder by Abortion. Preservation of the Body may not be a moral value of yours but it is central to the majority.
Thus the Law is based upon morality not "rights".
Again, if you are a citizen of The United States of America, not Fasciszistan, it would behoove you to read the Constitution of The United States, and discover for yourself that your assertion is ass-backwards.

WE live under laws which are based on RIGHTS, not abstractions of the many definitions of 'morality'.

....or, of course, you COULD emigrate back to Fasciszistan, where you have a higher comfort level.

Totally your call.

(see how choice works?)

Next...
2 posts removed

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

That would be wrong, and I'm ashamed of you. You know full well if someone is carrying a bag of drugs out in the open, they're street trash and their junk is probably cut with drain opener and/or rat poison.

The correct answer is always D, because that could make your meth kit explode.
R C Honey wrote:

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Yeah, but now you KNOW he's going shopping for one of these:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/19888062...
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh good grief, Pete, you've done it now....they can't abide being shown the facts of 'life'.......since they're so focused on fetuses....
Besides, I'm betting the poster to whom you replied here has NEVER had sex in a vehicle. I'm sure his bunk bed set isn't equipped with wheels.
:)
Common Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
You've mistaken these unreasonable restrictions as "reasonable". Show me a dental or physician's office that must comply exactly the same way. Show me an outpatient ambulatory office (same day surgery) that must comply exactly the same way family planning clinics are being forced to comply. Then we can debate what is reasonable or not.
In the meantime, you can rest assured I agree with the restrictions as outlined in Roe v Wade using viability as an indication for restricting legal induced termination. But don't you forget the exception that pregnant woman's life is tantamount, even following viability. Fetus can be birthed, but may still only have a 50/50 chance at surviving. Nothing is guaranteed, especially healthy full term childbirth. The PLM and its followers seems to use wishful thinking into making it guaranteed. And it's not ever gonna happen.
As for your erroneous claim I used millions of words, you're lying. I wrote a couple paragraphs. Other than that, all the words belonged to the Merriam Dictionary and were C&Ped for your benefit. But you've already admitted to ignoring it. Says so much, you probably don't realize.
Now, here's what happens in countries where monitored, legal induced abortion becomes criminalized. Is this what you want for America?
"In places where abortion is illegal, women often turn to inadequately trained practitioners who employ unsafe techniques or attempt to self-induce abortion using dangerous methods. In Latin America and the Caribbean, nearly one million women are hospitalized each year because of complications from unsafe abortion, and the World Health Organization estimates that one in eight maternal deaths in the region result from unsafe abortion. Poor and rural women are disproportionately affected.
Fear of legal consequences, social stigma, high cost, and lack of access to trained health professionals are major barriers to obtaining safe abortions. Banning abortion does not reduce the numbers of women who attempt it; in fact, the abortion rate is much higher where it is illegal
Absurd. There is no way of determining that. The fact that they are illegal means there is no way of accurately documenting just how many are sought and/or performed. Anyone who says they know what the abortion rate is in any place where it is illegal to perform one, is lying.
Do some independent critical thinking before posting links and cut & pastes of such nonsense.
You're hopelessly naive.
You can choose to continue being brainwashed or you can choose to learn reality. Pick one.
So go ahead. Pick one.
Common Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh! Welcome back, CD!
Too late. The lying fake got bounced again.
Too bad too because I'm sure he was just about to explain how the pain of childbirth and the rigors of working for a living, make sex for procreation a non pleasurable chore.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, if you are a citizen of The United States of America, not Fasciszistan, it would behoove you to read the Constitution of The United States, and discover for yourself that your assertion is ass-backwards.
WE live under laws which are based on RIGHTS, not abstractions of the many definitions of 'morality'.
....or, of course, you COULD emigrate back to Fasciszistan, where you have a higher comfort level.
Totally your call.
(see how choice works?)
Next...
"Our rights are given, not by the state but by the hand of God."

John F Kennedy
Common Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

godless by choice wrote:
"4life "
There's a difference in worrying about what your neighbors are doing, than worrying about a child's life. How is that too hard to understand?
==========
whats so hard about "its none of your !@# business"? again NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!
Your name implies that there are those who are godless by force. Do you know of any ?
Common Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
First, explain how to legislate morality. Who's morality is legislated? When and for how long? Does Christian morality take turns with Judaism's? Every third year Muslim morals are legislated? When do those Satanic morals get legislated? And for how long? Do you have any concept of how many different religions, different morals are practiced by a secular nation? Who gets to choose the best one followed? The Dictator?
Second, show scientific medical proof that "Most women suffer emotionally and physically for the rest of their lives when they are forced by society into abortions in a moment of weakness[.]"
Otherwise, I'm left believing that you, personally, believe legally induced pregnancy terminations are wrong and would not choose one for yourself. Lucky for you, in the USA, nobody can legally force you to choose one against your will, thanks to Roe v Wade.
Thanks to Roe v Wade ? What are you talking about ? No one could be legally forced to choose to abort against their will, before or after Roe v Wade.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••