Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318389 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324224 Apr 28, 2014
That would be wrong, and I'm ashamed of you. You know full well if someone is carrying a bag of drugs out in the open, they're street trash and their junk is probably cut with drain opener and/or rat poison.

The correct answer is always D, because that could make your meth kit explode.
R C Honey wrote:
There's no Sophie's Choice going on here. The answer would be fairly obvious.
However, here's one to consider.
You're walking down the street, you see a person trip, and fall. You notice that that person has a bag full of illegal drugs that just fell all over the side walk. Do you
A) Run to their aide, help them put their drugs back, and go on your merry way.
B) You run up to them with your arms covering your face, steal the drugs, and kick em when their down.
C) Follow them to see where they are going, and then call the cops.
D) Run home to make sure you left the stove burner off
I'd do B, but that's just me

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324225 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah, but now you KNOW he's going shopping for one of these:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/19888062...
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh good grief, Pete, you've done it now....they can't abide being shown the facts of 'life'.......since they're so focused on fetuses....
Besides, I'm betting the poster to whom you replied here has NEVER had sex in a vehicle. I'm sure his bunk bed set isn't equipped with wheels.
:)
Common Sense

Tulsa, OK

#324226 Apr 28, 2014
KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
You've mistaken these unreasonable restrictions as "reasonable". Show me a dental or physician's office that must comply exactly the same way. Show me an outpatient ambulatory office (same day surgery) that must comply exactly the same way family planning clinics are being forced to comply. Then we can debate what is reasonable or not.
In the meantime, you can rest assured I agree with the restrictions as outlined in Roe v Wade using viability as an indication for restricting legal induced termination. But don't you forget the exception that pregnant woman's life is tantamount, even following viability. Fetus can be birthed, but may still only have a 50/50 chance at surviving. Nothing is guaranteed, especially healthy full term childbirth. The PLM and its followers seems to use wishful thinking into making it guaranteed. And it's not ever gonna happen.
As for your erroneous claim I used millions of words, you're lying. I wrote a couple paragraphs. Other than that, all the words belonged to the Merriam Dictionary and were C&Ped for your benefit. But you've already admitted to ignoring it. Says so much, you probably don't realize.
Now, here's what happens in countries where monitored, legal induced abortion becomes criminalized. Is this what you want for America?
"In places where abortion is illegal, women often turn to inadequately trained practitioners who employ unsafe techniques or attempt to self-induce abortion using dangerous methods. In Latin America and the Caribbean, nearly one million women are hospitalized each year because of complications from unsafe abortion, and the World Health Organization estimates that one in eight maternal deaths in the region result from unsafe abortion. Poor and rural women are disproportionately affected.
Fear of legal consequences, social stigma, high cost, and lack of access to trained health professionals are major barriers to obtaining safe abortions. Banning abortion does not reduce the numbers of women who attempt it; in fact, the abortion rate is much higher where it is illegal
Absurd. There is no way of determining that. The fact that they are illegal means there is no way of accurately documenting just how many are sought and/or performed. Anyone who says they know what the abortion rate is in any place where it is illegal to perform one, is lying.
Do some independent critical thinking before posting links and cut & pastes of such nonsense.
You're hopelessly naive.
You can choose to continue being brainwashed or you can choose to learn reality. Pick one.
So go ahead. Pick one.
Common Sense

Tulsa, OK

#324227 Apr 28, 2014
KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh! Welcome back, CD!
Too late. The lying fake got bounced again.
Too bad too because I'm sure he was just about to explain how the pain of childbirth and the rigors of working for a living, make sex for procreation a non pleasurable chore.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324228 Apr 28, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, if you are a citizen of The United States of America, not Fasciszistan, it would behoove you to read the Constitution of The United States, and discover for yourself that your assertion is ass-backwards.
WE live under laws which are based on RIGHTS, not abstractions of the many definitions of 'morality'.
....or, of course, you COULD emigrate back to Fasciszistan, where you have a higher comfort level.
Totally your call.
(see how choice works?)
Next...
"Our rights are given, not by the state but by the hand of God."

John F Kennedy
Common Sense

Tulsa, OK

#324229 Apr 28, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"4life "
There's a difference in worrying about what your neighbors are doing, than worrying about a child's life. How is that too hard to understand?
==========
whats so hard about "its none of your [email protected]# business"? again NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!
Your name implies that there are those who are godless by force. Do you know of any ?
Common Sense

Tulsa, OK

#324230 Apr 28, 2014
KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
First, explain how to legislate morality. Who's morality is legislated? When and for how long? Does Christian morality take turns with Judaism's? Every third year Muslim morals are legislated? When do those Satanic morals get legislated? And for how long? Do you have any concept of how many different religions, different morals are practiced by a secular nation? Who gets to choose the best one followed? The Dictator?
Second, show scientific medical proof that "Most women suffer emotionally and physically for the rest of their lives when they are forced by society into abortions in a moment of weakness[.]"
Otherwise, I'm left believing that you, personally, believe legally induced pregnancy terminations are wrong and would not choose one for yourself. Lucky for you, in the USA, nobody can legally force you to choose one against your will, thanks to Roe v Wade.
Thanks to Roe v Wade ? What are you talking about ? No one could be legally forced to choose to abort against their will, before or after Roe v Wade.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324231 Apr 28, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to Roe v Wade ? What are you talking about ? No one could be legally forced to choose to abort against their will, before or after Roe v Wade.
In godless countries run by godless people anything can be forced. Read some world history, people. And ifnot, look no farther than China
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324232 Apr 28, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
What should be done with all of these "murderers"?
They should probably be shown some genuine selfless love.
Common Sense

Tulsa, OK

#324233 Apr 28, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, laws boil down to protection of rights.
And just where did those rights come from ? Did they just magically appear one day ? Or were our founding fathers guided by some moral and ethical compass when they wrote and ratified the Constitution and the Bill of Rights ? And what of our current and past legislators ? Are they not driven by some inherent moral compass when they create laws based on prohibiting actions they deem to be a violation of those rights ?
Like it or not all laws are based on "someone's" moral and ethical judgement. No matter how hard you try and deny it, that is a reality that can NEVER be altered.
4 posts removed

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#324238 Apr 28, 2014
So ........
Who is who on this thread now ??
Any regulars from couple years ago still on ??

Bitner
CHam
Foo
Chicky
Nana

I see miss Rachie is still here ..
:)
2 posts removed
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324241 Apr 28, 2014
CDII wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one post I have to agree with you Inky.
The "common sense" idiot got taken to task by someone from her own side of the fence.
PRICELESS!!!!
I didn't take anybody to task except those people who give over their rights to man and governments.
1 post removed
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324243 Apr 28, 2014
CDII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are really that stupid.
The Constitution's main purpose is to limit government. Any 1L knows that.
The DOI states in pertinent part: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
It is the same mindset the founding fathers had to write the Constitution; to ensure government could not deprive the citizens of the United States from those "unalienable rights."
There's not mention of morality in those words. Morality is subjective and the law; the constitution, and our freedom, is OBJECTIVE.
You're an idiot and it has been proven, over an over and over again.
Getting people banned, or as you say "bounced," only goes to show your level of desperation and inability to muster anything better than the proverbial "sore loser."
Now, go rub some ointment on your a$$. I apologize for the welts I left by spanking it so hard.
Maybe you'd want to have me arrested for child abuse...
LMFJAO!!!!
So what is the basis of our constitution? Where did the idea come from that we had God given rights? Where did our laws come from originally and who decided what should be punishable and what isn't?
CDII

United States

#324244 Apr 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>So what is the basis of our constitution?
Freedom
Ink wrote:
Where did the idea come from that we had God given rights?
I wasn't there. Were you? If so, answer your own question.
Ink wrote:
Where did our laws come from originally and who decided what should be punishable and what isn't?
With the exception of the State of Louisiana and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, who follow the codes of laws of France and Spain respectively, our laws came from English common law.

As to who decided what's punishable and what isn't, I can tell you who didn't, and who doesn't in the United States; religion. The United States is a secular nation. Hence the provision of the 1st Amendment, which prohibits the establishment of religion by our governments, both state and federal.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324245 Apr 28, 2014
CDII wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
With the exception of the State of Louisiana and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, who follow the codes of laws of France and Spain respectively, our laws came from English common law.
As to who decided what's punishable and what isn't, I can tell you who didn't, and who doesn't in the United States; religion. The United States is a secular nation. Hence the provision of the 1st Amendment, which prohibits the establishment of religion by our governments, both state and federal.
You aren't going back far enough. On what was English Common law based?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324246 Apr 28, 2014
britanica says

The common law of England was largely created in the period after the Norman Conquest of 1066. The Anglo-Saxons, especially after the accession of Alfred the Great (871), had developed a body of rules resembling those being used by the Germanic peoples of northern Europe. Local customs governed most matters, while the church played a large part in government. Crimes were treated as wrongs for which compensation was made to the victim.

It seems that the the church did have much import into Eng common law and thereby Amer law.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#324247 Apr 28, 2014
You can't keep me down, I'm back. I am in the legal profession, and I am so smart that I stay ahead of you guys. I decide what's punishable and what isn't. I don't know how to take a hint no matter how many times I get banned. I just can't stay away from here. I love hanging out here because it's mostly full of women that I feel I can dominate with my crudeness, and bully tactics. Getting people banned, or as you say "bounced," only goes to show your level of desperation and inability to muster anything better than the proverbial "sore loser." It certainly isn't because I'm a complete loser and can't take a hint. Never mind the fact that I practically dared everyone with the "what are you going to do about it?" I guess you guys can do something about it which is why I have to keep joining again.

Now, go rub some ointment on your a$$. I apologize for the welts I left by spanking it so hard. Maybe you'd want to have me arrested for child abuse... I am the type you know.

I love spanking asses especially if they have balls in the front. Line up please, and girls, put a strap on for me please.

LMFJAO

I have several topix profiles ready and waiting for every time I can't take the hint because I really am a pre teen acting bitch.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324248 Apr 28, 2014
CDII wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help you.

Nor did any side in the struggle to legislate morality at our nationís founding say to its opponents that trying to legislate morality was a breach of the wall of separation between church and state. Morality, after all, is not a church. They would have laughed at the confusion of mind revealed in one who thought that separating church from state meant separating morality from law. They wanted the nation to be moral. They wanted its laws to be just. But they did not want to give any one church a national legal advantage over the others. They did not want the nation to be Presbyterian, Baptist, or Roman Catholic, which is a far different issue from whether or not to have ethics-driven law.1 Under the Constitution the Founders enshrined freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. In seeking to avoid a state-established church, they were not thereby establishing secularism or separating law from morality.

The very fact that the Founders were creating a new Constitution for their fledgling nation arose because they understood the actions of King George to be morally evil, and politically unjust.2 They all knew quite well that morality belonged in politics, in fact that politics was simply morality applied to the public square, to the publicís business.
eqiup.org

Location hidden

#324249 Apr 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help you.
Nothing can help me. I act like a little girl waiting for her boobies to arrive so that I may play with them.

Location hidden

#324250 Apr 28, 2014
This is really me but I want to cause disruption on here, and my credibility is shot due to the many many times I have been banned proving I really am a little girl waiting for her boobies to come in so that I may play with them. These socks in my little girls bra will have to do in the meantime. Now who can I frame for this? Who will join me in framing someone else?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min Happy Lesbo 37,186
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,621,230
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 4 min INFIDEL 519
News Gov: Removing Confederate statues like losing 9... 16 min Chilli J 506
News 'Zombie' event staged at Oklahoma Capitol to su... 20 min memez mcgee 4
News 'Model Minority' Myth Again Used As A Racial We... (Apr '17) 22 min INFIDEL 150
News Child Sexual Assault Cover-up in Idaho (Jul '16) 24 min memez mcgee 14
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 41 min Frankie Rizzo 13,228
More from around the web