Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316309 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322660 Mar 6, 2014
Any thoughts on that liberal news media CNN poll?
3 posts removed
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322664 Mar 6, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and 85% or more of Americans would like to win the Powerball as well.
The correlation between the two; more often than not, we want what we can't have.
Point flew right over your head? Are you short?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322665 Mar 6, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Failing to prevent a "murder" is just as terrible as committing a murder.
How many "babies in the womb" have you prevented from being "murdered" today?? In your lifetime?
I have seen some that I have taken part in saving (moms who changed their minds). I have even met a few of their babies when they came back to thank us. The rest, I am not sure. See, I pray and I wholeheartedly believe in the power of prayer.

At the end of the day, it was never ME who saved anybody. It was God who answered my prayers :)
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322666 Mar 6, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Liberals report the news. Conservatives make them up, then report lies.
How do ya like tha???
::yawn:::
2 posts removed
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322669 Mar 6, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No and no. I see you didn't understand the correlation. Should I draw it in crayon for you?
Yes please. A bold color will perhaps show this "correlation" much more vividly perhaps.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322670 Mar 6, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, all you do is pray and hope for an answer, but you don't actively do anything to stop the "murder" of "babies in the womb." Is that it?
You're just as guilty of those you accuse of "murdering babies in the womb" for your failure to actively stop one.
And that makes you a hypocrite. It also proves my point; christianity = the ultimate hypocrisy.
Hmmm..points notnonly fly over your head, but the written word does as well.

Suggestion; go reread my post. SLOWLYYYYYY.
3 posts removed

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#322674 Mar 6, 2014
Fire me wrote:
<quoted text> You have guts chump. You're just as rude to those you don't see eye to eye with. Carry on hypocrite.
Hmm, my pardon, but I beg to disagree with you on your assessment of my motivations as they were...

I don't deny that I've been as obnoxious, garrulous, stiff-necked, and unyielding as many-another poster has been here.
That's been the way of this thread--hasn't it...?

That said, I'm not averse to attempting to find a common-ground, nor befriending those whom happen to be on the polar-opposite side of this, shall we say, impasse...?

I have, unfortunately, come the conclusion, that no such solution is within reach to date...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#322675 Mar 7, 2014
Back when abortion was illegal, it wasn't considered murder. It's not considered murder now.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> All those who follow the commandments. Thou shall not kill/murder.....

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322676 Mar 7, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to imitate Bitner here and say that my personal opinion isn't important.
My choice would be for the government to get out of the marraige business anyway. I think the government should only be able to offer civil unions to both gays and straights.
Okay, based on what you wrote it seems you think only religious people, who marry in religious institutions should get the designation of "marriage" and everyone else gets a civil union. Yet both are legally binding.

It seems like you just put all non-religious people into a lesser category.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322677 Mar 7, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC does not have a body in congress where all laws are created.
Again, you would have to show me where the Church has changed LAW and eliminated abortion.
I never said they changed any laws. However, I'm certain that religious conservative politicians use their positions to try and affect laws in ways that align with their religious beliefs. I also believe the Church is doing whatever it can, behind the scenes, to try and affect certain laws, and I imagine the Church has some lobbyists out there, too.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322678 Mar 7, 2014
Three things:

1. The RCC may not have an officially designated 'body' in Congress, but it assuredly has its tentacles entwined throughout Congress in the form of Catholic Congress critters,. These folks vote on legislation NOT from a position representing their constituents, but from religious convictions which may not be held by those constituents.

2. Religious freedom is the freedom to worship - it is NOT the freedom to remove, restrict, reserve, or ignore the freedom of OTHERS, who don't worship the same as you.

3. Laws won't ever eliminate abortion. Only elimination of undesired pregnancy, will do that.

In case anyone was wondering, desiring pregnancy cannot be legislated.
1 post removed
nogod

Oakland, CA

#322680 Mar 8, 2014
Len wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, as a free people, we have the right to choose to face the Lord at the end of our lives to deal with what we've done (if he really exists). Given that right, we also have the right not to listen to the self-righteous as they strive to take away the right to choose.
Nope. No Lord nor God. Unless you'd care to impose one.
Atheist Perspective

Oakland, CA

#322681 Mar 8, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Three things:
1. The RCC may not have an officially designated 'body' in Congress, but it assuredly has its tentacles entwined throughout Congress in the form of Catholic Congress critters,. These folks vote on legislation NOT from a position representing their constituents, but from religious convictions which may not be held by those constituents.
2. Religious freedom is the freedom to worship - it is NOT the freedom to remove, restrict, reserve, or ignore the freedom of OTHERS, who don't worship the same as you.
3. Laws won't ever eliminate abortion. Only elimination of undesired pregnancy, will do that.
I'll bet the person/people who are targeting a foreign entity which has no special privileges in the United States government are themselves protestant or overtly ex-protestant. There's a lot of indications that the U.S. Is basically still a protestant country. Liberals like this have a special, seething, bloodthirsty, hate toward Catholics -- not any kind of enlightenment, more like an entitlement to claim themselves saved and everyone else dumb. They really need to spend time counterattacking their own new/improved versions of christianity or gutless agnosticism. I had to bring a women's rights rally at a Planned Parenthood to a halt some years ago, because the screaming, all-white (except me and 1 asian woman) sign-shaking, pro-choice/pro-healthcare gang was unintentionally scaring away terrified Latino and poor multicultural women and their tiny children who (a) were poor (b) didn't speak English, and (c) displayed appropriate shock and revulsion at the people yelling in their faces about how evil their religion is. Some cried.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#322682 Mar 8, 2014
Atheist Perspective wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet the person/people who are targeting a foreign entity which has no special privileges in the United States government are themselves protestant or overtly ex-protestant. There's a lot of indications that the U.S. Is basically still a protestant country. Liberals like this have a special, seething, bloodthirsty, hate toward Catholics -- not any kind of enlightenment, more like an entitlement to claim themselves saved and everyone else dumb. They really need to spend time counterattacking their own new/improved versions of christianity or gutless agnosticism. I had to bring a women's rights rally at a Planned Parenthood to a halt some years ago, because the screaming, all-white (except me and 1 asian woman) sign-shaking, pro-choice/pro-healthcare gang was unintentionally scaring away terrified Latino and poor multicultural women and their tiny children who (a) were poor (b) didn't speak English, and (c) displayed appropriate shock and revulsion at the people yelling in their faces about how evil their religion is. Some cried.
So, "Protestants" aren't really "Christian" from your point of view?
What precisely is "gutless" about being an agnostic?
Why are "Liberals" the new "Jews" of the current "right-of-center" whipping folk; any ills of society, the media, the government, the economy, has been attributed to "Liberals" for the past twenty years.
What "versions" of Christianity do you feel don't "jell" with your own interpretation?
You do realize that there are Four Gospels don't you...?
A Women's Rights Rally, at a Planned Parenthood...? That sounds like total B.S., sorry to call your credibility into question here...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#322683 Mar 8, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> All those who follow the commandments. Thou shall not kill/murder.....
I know you don't support the death penalty. Do you support life with the possibility parole or life without the possibility of parole for convicted murderers? And do you believe any documentation of a woman obtaining an abortion is evidence of murder?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#322684 Mar 8, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
Any thoughts on that liberal news media CNN poll?
Yeah. The "most" in "all or most" means people want exceptions based on their own personal criteria. Pick and choose who has a "good enough" reason.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322685 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>
That's a shame, if true, but I wasn't there, so please don't blame me.

And I'm a deist.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322686 Mar 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Three things:
Excellent post.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322687 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>
You are clearly NOT an atheist. Nice try.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322688 Mar 9, 2014
<quoted text>
There is just so much bullsh*t to this post, one doesn't know where to start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min russianrepukes 286,762
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min old_moose 25,440
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,580,609
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 2 min george 1,244
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 5 min Rose of Tralee 864
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 min Tre H 8,382
News Times editor didn't mean to blame Sarah Palin's... 8 min spud 14
More from around the web