Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 326411 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#318651 Dec 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Possession is 9/10ths of the law..
Only in the absence of documentation certifying it's rightful ownership
Dude, I get the feeling that if you thought my fetus swallowed your diamond ring, you'd be more than happy to slit us both open to retrieve it.
Yuck!!
Dudette, your feelings are often wrong.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#318652 Dec 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since that's not an option, why would I have meant that?
I didn't say you meant it. It's a hypothetical that makes the point perfectly.
I didn't....maybe you did, but your imagination doesn't constitute my reality.
<quoted text>If they had been able to give me that option with any of my pregnancies which didn't come to term, including the one I ended due to life-threatening circumstances, I'd have been all over it. You're damn right I would have found that an acceptable scenario...it would mean my ectopic pregnancy and my miscarriages would have been children, rather than potential. I'd be a happy mother of eight.
You miss the point swifty. You were NOT seeking an abortion in those cases. To those who ARE seeking abortion, it would NOT be an acceptable scenario.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#318653 Dec 17, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeterPlunder: "Statistically, 2000 out of nearly a million is insignificant"
Using your reasoning, 20 children executed at NewTown is insignificant.
?
Idiot.
You're such a dork, NR. Even *you* didn't use CPtr's reasoning. LOL

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318654 Dec 17, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if it were implanted with an apparatus enabling it to breathe and receive nutrients.
And even if it did die, in addition to the murder charge you'd also be guilty of kidnapping an infant you did not own ( even when it was inside you).
You really don't have a life, do you? That's sad.

Nitpick away, invent all the ridiculous scenarios you like, the fact remains that anything inside my body, I own while it's there.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318655 Dec 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you got the point. That's a first.
No it isn't. I get all your points and I respond to them as I choose.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#318656 Dec 17, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
2,000 girls are being killed in U.S. abortuaries today alone.
________

20 boys & girls were killed in Newtown.
________

You do the math.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318657 Dec 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. I get all your points and I respond to them as I choose.
No, you really don't, based upon most of your responses.

Unless, of course, you're just lying about it?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#318658 Dec 17, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of reasoning, here's *your* reasoning:

Katie: No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Aaron.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318659 Dec 17, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "it's neither separate, nor a human being."
Remember when you said that "a human" (noun) exists in the womb?
Please explain.
TIA.
You can't explain nonsense. You can only spout more nonsense.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318660 Dec 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you really don't, based upon most of your responses.
Unless, of course, you're just lying about it?
There is nothing complicated or difficult in understanding you and I respond as I choose.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318661 Dec 17, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
dedsoul: "it's anything but 'separate' from the woman in whom it resides."
A unique, distinct human being exists in utero.
dedsoul: "That cord has to be CUT, remember?"
Pssst......hey, dummy....... the Born Alive Infant Protection Act says cutting of the cord is irrelevant when it comes to the baby's life, care and safety.
Try again.
I think it is so sad that we have to have a 'Born Alive Infant Act' to protect a child from it's own mother.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318662 Dec 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
This may have escaped you but being a "wiccan witch", although redundant, isn't an insult.
<quoted text>
I thought you insulted all religions and anyone who believes in God. Hell I only believe in one God while Wiccans have a boatload. Where do you stand on this?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318663 Dec 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing complicated or difficult in understanding you and I respond as I choose.
So you admit that you dishonestly pretend not to understand?

Okay, we've got another admitted liar here.

Good to know.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318664 Dec 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you insulted all religions and anyone who believes in God. Hell I only believe in one God while Wiccans have a boatload. Where do you stand on this?
Actually, he's never been insulting to "all religions". Not even your own. He's just been insulting to the self-righteous supposed practitioners of some religions.

Why would he be insulting to someone who is not trying to impose their religious beliefs on others by law, or preaching at him?

Your comments about Wicca show an ignorance of the subject.

Again, you think you're being subtle, but you're not. You can stop claiming you don't mock others' religions now, because you do.

Yet anther question you didn't answer.....do you really want me to break down that essay you posted a link to, or did you just want to be able to whine that I didn't comment on it when clearly I did?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318665 Dec 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he's never been insulting to "all religions". Not even your own. He's just been insulting to the self-righteous supposed practitioners of some religions.
Why would he be insulting to someone who is not trying to impose their religious beliefs on others by law, or preaching at him?
Your comments about Wicca show an ignorance of the subject.
Again, you think you're being subtle, but you're not. You can stop claiming you don't mock others' religions now, because you do.
Yet anther question you didn't answer.....do you really want me to break down that essay you posted a link to, or did you just want to be able to whine that I didn't comment on it when clearly I did?
Are suggesting that I have been trying to convert cpeter to Catholicism?

I am ignorant of Wicca and happy to be so and as far as your comments to the article, you said a lot and enough.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318666 Dec 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are suggesting that I have been trying to convert cpeter to Catholicism?"

No.

Is this you really being too stupid to understand, or only dishonestly PRETENDING to be too stupid to understand?

"I am ignorant of Wicca and happy to be so and as far as your comments to the article, you said a lot and enough."

Then why were you whining that I hadn't commented?

Make up what passes for your mind, Witless.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318667 Dec 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Is this you really being too stupid to understand, or only dishonestly PRETENDING to be too stupid to understand?
"I am ignorant of Wicca and happy to be so and as far as your comments to the article, you said a lot and enough."
Because it is a day later now and I realize that, for you that was a comment.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318668 Dec 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Comment on this if you like. This was on some Wiccan site.

Here again is the same theme, you have the sole responsibility for your words and deeds. And also for how you choose to live your life, and how you react to what happens to you. Part of this comes from the belief that we choose our lives and our circumstances (yes, our parents too!) before we are born so that we will have the opportunity to learn the life lessons our soul wishes to learn in this incarnation. That being the case, we are here to learn, to grow, to love, and to be happy doing it.

The obvious question is, if you choose your life and circumstances before birth to learn life lessons that the soul wishes to learn and your mother aborts you, do you just keep popping into wombs until someone lets you stay there?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318669 Dec 17, 2013
Watch out...next, he'll accuse you of being a female woman...:)
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right. It's not an insult. It IS a bit redundant, though.
I told you, I've never had such a sandwich. Obviously, you love them, though, as much as you mention them. It's sound gross to me, but, whatever you like to eat. It's not my business. Enjoy your lunch.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318670 Dec 17, 2013
Two thousand out of over 800,000 is not even one percent. And since they are medically necessary, it wouldn't matter if there were a million.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistically, 4% of Americans being gay is insignificant.
You are insignificant.
________
(Shhhh.....don't tell grumpy or foo that you think Jewish-Americans are insignificant....they only make up 2% of American population....shhhh.....)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Girl Scouts join fight over bridge named for se... 3 min mr gleeble 73
News Trump says he's 'like, really smart,' 'a very s... 3 min Cat 502
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min __Joy__ 1,683,229
News The Daily 202: Unexpected defeat in rural Wisco... 5 min mr gleeble 28
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Trump is a joke 52,354
News Trump: a year since his election, how do voters... 10 min positronium 1,120
News What will Republicans say to justify condoning ... 12 min Fundies Mentally Nil 7
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 23 min positronium 17,459
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 233
More from around the web