Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314346 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318190 Dec 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a married man I would like to think that I had some say in planning a family with my wife. What is the object of marriage anyway?
Which was not the point of the conversation, Witless.

No one is saying a man has no say in planning, just that he has no civil right to FORCE the issue.

Damn, you're stupid.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318191 Dec 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. I didn't change anything. What's a fundie?
How stupid are you, really?

Or are you just playing dumb here?

You know damned well what a fundie is. If you are TRULY this stupid, google it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#318192 Dec 12, 2013
Grown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you feel that the civil rights of the civil "father" could be violated in any abortion case?
Just one example : a married couple plan on a child , but for some reason the woman aborts?
He has no rights regarding her pregnancy or any other issue concerning her medical decisions, unless he has medical power of attorney.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318193 Dec 12, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>He has no rights regarding her pregnancy or any other issue concerning her medical decisions, unless he has medical power of attorney.
Of course, she'd also have to be incapacitated, and not able to make her own decision first :)
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318194 Dec 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are you, really?
Or are you just playing dumb here?
You know damned well what a fundie is. If you are TRULY this stupid, google it.

Fundie or fundy is a pejorative slang abbreviation used to refer to religious fundamentalists of any religion or denomination, although it is primarily directed towards fundamentalist Christians. The term is used most commonly by those opposed to the Christian Right movement. When majority mainstream Christians use the term, it is less derogatory. The term is often associated with religiously motivated conservative moral beliefs, especially those regarding social issues

So I guess this make pejorative remarks about any religion including Wicca fair game. I for one am glad to hear that as I have been very careful to keep my thoughts to myself.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318195 Dec 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Which was not the point of the conversation, Witless.
No one is saying a man has no say in planning, just that he has no civil right to FORCE the issue.
Damn, you're stupid.
What would be the point of him having anything to say at all?

His position or desires are meaningless when all is said and done.

Lot's of unhappy men around too.
Lou C Ferr

United States

#318196 Dec 12, 2013
knit and pray wrote:
<quoted text>There is one in Nebraska this weekend.
A pervert priest convention? Or a Frigid Cathlic Women Convention?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318197 Dec 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I use them to correctly label people. Even Stupid Sassy will admit she's anti-choice. And I am pro-choice. Those labels are correct.
I've correctly labeled people pro-life, when they truly are.
Are you seriously suggesting one has to be anti-something in order to have a backbone?
Nonsense. My backbone is fine. In fact, me not bending to your insistence on YOUR erroneous labeling of ME proves that.
It is funny to see some one so sure of herself who is so wrong.

Yes I would suggest that someone should have lines they won't cross or behaviors that they won't condone or even some principal that they won't let be torn apart. But you don't have any.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318198 Dec 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundie or fundy is a pejorative slang abbreviation used to refer to religious fundamentalists of any religion or denomination, although it is primarily directed towards fundamentalist Christians. The term is used most commonly by those opposed to the Christian Right movement. When majority mainstream Christians use the term, it is less derogatory. The term is often associated with religiously motivated conservative moral beliefs, especially those regarding social issues
So I guess this make pejorative remarks about any religion including Wicca fair game. I for one am glad to hear that as I have been very careful to keep my thoughts to myself.
Oh, hardly. You've just been passive/aggressive about it.

When you say something that is incorrect, I'll correct it, that's all.

YOU are the one who is always whining about people name calling, being insulting, and mean, things you too are guilty of, Hypocrite.

I couldn't care less.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318199 Dec 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
More melodramatic nonsense from you.

Just because you can't force a decision on someone, you feel that makes your input meaningless?

Sounds like YOU are the one unhappy, and projecting that onto others.
Lou C Ferr

United States

#318200 Dec 12, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
How many have you adopted, sASS?
How about no relevance?
Do you adopt or are the both of you all talk?
S~ASS the cowardly blowhard will either make up one of her fairy tales or run scared from your question. Remember how she drove her submarine style car under flood waters to save the entire northeast after the storms? ROTFLMAO!!!! She's nothing but a windbag!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318201 Dec 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I would suggest that someone should have lines they won't cross or behaviors that they won't condone or even some principal that they won't let be torn apart. But you don't have any.
There you would be wrong. Of course I do. They simply may, or may not, be the same as yours.
Lou C Ferr

United States

#318202 Dec 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Righty~O Ink!! Refering to yourself Donkeyball breath?
Grown71

United States

#318203 Dec 12, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>He has no rights regarding her pregnancy or any other issue concerning her medical decisions, unless he has medical power of attorney.
True, but I still think if a couple are planning kids, and all seems well , but she goes and uses her right to abort the child ,then her right may be all she's left with. Even if he stays , his view will change. Most marriages. Have their view changed at one point anyway I guess, so might as well be due to this. No doubt our world is all about the power. Seems everyone wants it.

Peace elise :)
Lou C Ferr

United States

#318204 Dec 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were your man, besides gagging and puking, I'd throw you over my knees and spank your fat skankass until the ice on it cracks (pun!) away you fat cow.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#318205 Dec 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you haven't poked fun at any "pagan" belief!

Spare us your holier than thou garbage
katie

Tacoma, WA

#318206 Dec 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Point being, Aaron hasn't been dehumanized. He never was more than what he was, a male fetus. Them's the facts and your imagination doesn't change it"
He really wasn't human to you was he?
My children before they were born were so real, alive and human.
They weren't dreams, they were real. I think your attitude is strange.
Are you dense? He was a human fetus, dead at 23wks. He was not a canine nor feline nor a newborn human.

You, JM, NR and others spend way too much time thinking about other people's pregnancies, their embryos/fetuses. It cannot be considered "healthy".

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318207 Dec 12, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you haven't poked fun at any "pagan" belief!
Spare us your holier than thou garbage
She really thinks she's been subtle, doesn't she?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318208 Dec 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, hardly. You've just been passive/aggressive about it.
When you say something that is incorrect, I'll correct it, that's all.
YOU are the one who is always whining about people name calling, being insulting, and mean, things you too are guilty of, Hypocrite.
I couldn't care less.
Nothing was incorrect as I showed you.
I see, only you can make pejorative remarks about someone's religion. Bitner's rules! LOL
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318209 Dec 12, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you dense? He was a human fetus, dead at 23wks. He was not a canine nor feline nor a newborn human.
You, JM, NR and others spend way too much time thinking about other people's pregnancies, their embryos/fetuses. It cannot be considered "healthy".
You are right. Don't bring up your fetuses if you don't want them discussed. Let's find a healthy topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min VetnorsGate 1,535,233
News James Comey fired as FBI director 14 min Gotti 2,580
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 37 min Alt Right Lies 2,489
News Survivors: Help build congresswoman mass shooti... 43 min Geezer 16
News The Latest: Democrats launch ads on Montana bod... 52 min Libertarian 5
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 1 hr Alt Right Lies 304
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Crow 269,947
News Notre Dame graduates walk out on Pence as he to... 2 hr WelbyMD 153
More from around the web