Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,725)

Showing posts 294,481 - 294,500 of303,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You were disputing Inky's explanations of nature so I assumed that you have an alternative explanation. The only other explanation that I know of is the Big Bang theory for which I thought explained nature as a chance occurrence. But if you have other explanations, defend them. Don't just disparage Inky's.
I honestly honestly don't recall a specific conversation about "explanations of nature." Care to clarify or refer to a specific post?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about Christians with disgust but you quote from the Jewish Bible.
If a man follows Christ's words to love God above all else and love thy neighbor, He wouldn't treat his wife badly. Perhaps you don't know any true Christian men. I live with one and he is a gem.
Men have a hard time following anyone that
isn't wearing a skirt. Jesus preached to
the Jews because that did not follow Gods
laws. They do not want to be controlled by
anyone but evil controls them.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Paul was insane. He hallucinated meeting jesus and went on to preach against many things jesus said, including treatment of women. The fact is that most "christians" are really "paulists." Ask then what jesus said on any topic and most will answer with something paul said.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
St Paul was a persecuter of God loving Christians until God made a change in his life. He sure wasn't looking for God.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Paul was insane. He hallucinated meeting jesus and went on to preach against many things jesus said, including treatment of women. The fact is that most "christians" are really "paulists." Ask then what jesus said on any topic and most will answer with something paul said.
<quoted text>
I don't think was at all insane and something converted him from a persecutor to an evangelist. Do you think a man who encouraged women to be speakers and co evangelists would say some of the things attributed to him demeaning women or do you think the second class standing was really the thoughts of the early man controled Church?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
St Paul was a persecuter of God loving Christians until God made a change in his life. He sure wasn't looking for God.
Do you have a quote from your Paul claiming to be an atheist? Gtown is confusing a resistance to belief with actual atheism. Maybe Paul was also struggling with his search for a god/master, thus his persecution of Christians. Unless you can say that Paul claimed to be an atheist, like Gtown did, your example is BS. You don't get it, so forget it, hon.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a quote from your Paul claiming to be an atheist? Gtown is confusing a resistance to belief with actual atheism. Maybe Paul was also struggling with his search for a god/master, thus his persecution of Christians. Unless you can say that Paul claimed to be an atheist, like Gtown did, your example is BS. You don't get it, so forget it, hon.
I didn't mean to say that he was an atheist only that God can change minds when you aren't seeking to find anything other than what you already believe. Sorry for not being clear.
1 post removed

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure why you didn't finish the rest of the last verse you've posted?
Many men in this world love the part about how a woman is suppose to submit to their husbands, but forget about the rest of what it says "sorta like you did ".
The part where it says men are to love their wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for it.
If men do what they are suppose to, and treat their wives the way they should, then the wives will have no problem submitting to them. The in fact will love to submit to a guy like that.
As far as childbirth and pain? Idk what to say, other than man didn't come up with that idea either.
Prostitutes used to shave their heads to let others "men" know who they are.
Women who love God, also should love prostitutes, and if a prostitute wanted to come hear about God, then they could cover their head, and they wouldn't stand out, since all other women were covered.
If you have a problem with the order of things, then idk what to tell you, since there must be some kind of order.
Just know God is real, and many many many WOMEN love Him, and His Word/words.
Here you go:
5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Of course many love the submit part...they wrote the book in order to be submitted to.

IF men do what they are suppose to they gain a slave? Why don't men do as they are suppose to? Should we mandate it by law? I mean after all there is a push to mandate by law that a woman/girl does what she is "suppose to", right?

What do you mean men did not come up with "Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.?

Men/god decided childbirth was a punishment, it is written quite clearly in the above and to top it off she gets to be a slave to her husband! Who could ask for more??? I'll tell you who...myself and a gazillion other women who have thrown this nonsense to the garbage heap it it belongs!

Now the question I have for you sense you are busy translating the babble into fluff like so many do to gain converts WHY would a woman be required to cover her head AT ALL? What purpose does this serve?

This spells it out quite clearly "1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." WOMEN ARE according to this garbage....2ND CLASS, it is clear as can be.

You want order? FINE, a new order is in progress. Women have A SAY in how things will be, women will take their rightful place as EQUAL, not as submissive, subservient twit but EQUAL and men no longer will have the FINAL say!

OH...and about this "7 A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man;"

Men need to come to terms with the fact that they DID come from a WOMAN regardless of how many books they write declaring they didn't and declaring themselves and their manmade god "special" . They landed here from between the legs of a woman, her labor, her pain and her will. END of STORY.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there? Jesus said, love God above all else and love your neighbor. For me that means trust God and give as much as you can to the people around you, be it financially, emotionally or in service. If you start with that premise, you'll be okay and be content in your life.
"For me..."

It's always what you think, what you believe, how you interpret Jesus'/God's intent...

Of course there are many personal and subjective interpretations of the bible messages, just as there are many different versions of Christianity.

I'm sure you know that Christianity doesn't just come down to what Ink thinks about it all.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In chapter 72 of his book Jewish Literacy, he speaks of Jesus as a real person. He didn't agree with all he said of course but as a scholar, it seems he does indeed believe that the man actually lived.
Jesus as a person and Jesus as a Messiah is 2 different things.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise quote;
"Did anyone see the anti-choice propaganda cards being dropped into trick-or-treat bags this Halloween? I wonder how much these "prolifers" would appreciate pro-choice messages being distributed to their children this way? Interesting that it's only anti-choicers doing it. Completely inappropriate for either side, imo."
Typical, of you to throw your bombs and pretend you didn't say anything of the sort.
""Did anyone see the anti-choice propaganda cards being dropped into trick-or-treat bags this Halloween?""

I'm sure that one woman passed out more than one card...right?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the bible tells us all where we stand, and what God wants.
I will say, that BEFORE I met God, and He saved me "born again ", that I thought as you do, and that the bible was confusing.
Not to mention all of the different denominations, which say they have it RIGHT, and know the RIGHT way.
I never desired to read the bible.
I never desired to go to any church.
I never desired to be around anyone who did do any mentioned above.
All I can say, is after that night God woke me up, and I "yeilded" to Him, it was like a complete turn around.
I wasn't around anyone who was a christian, but yet I began to have a deep desire to read the Bible, and watch preaching, and be around any and all who were like minded.
I simply couldn't stop talking about God, to everyone I met, regardless of what they believed.
So I guess I'm trying to say, that untill someone has been enlighten by the Holy Spirit, then the bible is just another book, in many ways.
It still has the power to convict one's heart though, so please keep reading it, and just ask God to show you.
He can, and will.
Still, millions of people believe in God and the bible just as much as you do and you all have different interpretations of what the bible means and what they think of God.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a quote from your Paul claiming to be an atheist? Gtown is confusing a resistance to belief with actual atheism. Maybe Paul was also struggling with his search for a god/master, thus his persecution of Christians. Unless you can say that Paul claimed to be an atheist, like Gtown did, your example is BS. You don't get it, so forget it, hon.
I don't recall referring to paul as an atheist.
Since he wasn't.

What he was, was very very religious, and thought he was doing the work of God.

Those men who flew the planes into the buildings, on 911 were very very religious as well, thinking they were doing the work of God.

When paul met God on that road, and yeilded to Him, then he went from being a very religious "Godless " man, to a Godly man, that had very little tolerance for religion.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Of course many love the submit part...they wrote the book in order to be submitted to.
IF men do what they are suppose to they gain a slave? Why don't men do as they are suppose to? Should we mandate it by law? I mean after all there is a push to mandate by law that a woman/girl does what she is "suppose to", right?
What do you mean men did not come up with "Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.?
Men/god decided childbirth was a punishment, it is written quite clearly in the above and to top it off she gets to be a slave to her husband! Who could ask for more??? I'll tell you who...myself and a gazillion other women who have thrown this nonsense to the garbage heap it it belongs!
Now the question I have for you sense you are busy translating the babble into fluff like so many do to gain converts WHY would a woman be required to cover her head AT ALL? What purpose does this serve?
This spells it out quite clearly "1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." WOMEN ARE according to this garbage....2ND CLASS, it is clear as can be.
You want order? FINE, a new order is in progress. Women have A SAY in how things will be, women will take their rightful place as EQUAL, not as submissive, subservient twit but EQUAL and men no longer will have the FINAL say!
OH...and about this "7 A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man;"
Men need to come to terms with the fact that they DID come from a WOMAN regardless of how many books they write declaring they didn't and declaring themselves and their manmade god "special" . They landed here from between the legs of a woman, her labor, her pain and her will. END of STORY.
Would you be happy if the Bible declared the women as the head?
You see, there must be some kinda order, within a world of so much disorder.

Women can do as they please, but if they wish to be married to a man and have any hope of that working out,and being a very good marriage, they can't be the head.

Why you feel, that since God put man over woman, that it makes the woman garbage, is beyond me.

By the way who sinned first adam or eve?

When did Sin enter the world?

God holds the man accountable, since with headship, there is responsibility.

Not sure why these verses concern you so much anyway, since we now live in a time, where no one knows their place in the family unit.

We're still left, with either all was created, or it just happened.

If you choose we were created, then perhaps you should want to see what the Creator wants.

Whether you like or agree, with how that Creator chooses to do things.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, millions of people believe in God and the bible just as much as you do and you all have different interpretations of what the bible means and what they think of God.
True.

Sad, but true.

Just like many things in life, when people are involved, you get many different opinions.

Some things don't really matter, when it's all said and done. Some are non negotiable.

If we were building a house, and many disagree about wall colors, then it really doesn't matter.

If folks disagree about the foundation, then that's where the one who's going to live in that house needs to make sure it's right.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Paul said that women should NOT preach to men.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think was at all insane and something converted him from a persecutor to an evangelist. Do you think a man who encouraged women to be speakers and co evangelists would say some of the things attributed to him demeaning women or do you think the second class standing was really the thoughts of the early man controled Church?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>
Jesus is God.
1 post removed

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall referring to paul as an atheist.
Since he wasn't.
What he was, was very very religious, and thought he was doing the work of God.
Those men who flew the planes into the buildings, on 911 were very very religious as well, thinking they were doing the work of God.
When paul met God on that road, and yeilded to Him, then he went from being a very religious "Godless " man, to a Godly man, that had very little tolerance for religion.
Wow, the point I was making, which was to Ink, completely went right over your head. You didn't get any part of it. You're redundantly thick-headed.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Sad, but true.
Just like many things in life, when people are involved, you get many different opinions.
Some things don't really matter, when it's all said and done. Some are non negotiable.
If we were building a house, and many disagree about wall colors, then it really doesn't matter.
If folks disagree about the foundation, then that's where the one who's going to live in that house needs to make sure it's right.
On a personal level the difference of opinions is not that much of an issue but on a much larger scale it becomes a problem...a big problem. Especially when each group, thinking they are the ones who have it right, try to impose their version of God on everyone else. As you know, bloody wars have been fought over who is right about God.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God.
In your opinion.
1 post removed
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

<quoted text>
True. The contention was that he is only a myth. Most experts say he was a real person.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 294,481 - 294,500 of303,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min the cleaner 1,033,708
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 min harmonious 29,862
5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading ... 5 min Hawk 1,308
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Sir William Ferrell 218,199
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min DanFromSmithville 105,892
Rep. Vance McAllister kissed. Now can he make u... 11 min Home Oh Democrat Slime 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Limbertwig 138,467
Supremacist held in slayings at Kan. Jewish center 17 min Liberals R Defective 121
Feds: Safety Concerns Led To Nevada Cow Release 48 min Liberals R Defective 177
•••
•••
•••
•••