Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,966
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312288 Sep 27, 2013
In the real world, you don't get to claim victimhood while doing nothing to change the situation. Maybe if women weren't taught to put up with abuse and second-class status, there would be far less abuse. But, on the other hand, the RCC often counsels women to stay in the marriage.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Petey, women who are abused will not leave most of the time. Ever hear of Stockholm syndrome where people who are abused will fight to stay with their abuser? You are laughable, you have no idea what goes on in the real world.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312289 Sep 27, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>whatever happened to rosesz? She has been on another thread and posted she was tired of me posting to her for that last five years. I don't ever recall her being on the abortion forum ,which she was posting about and the Catholic forum for five years, have you? Wonder who she really is... Also, I know a lady who remarried after many years of being a widow, she is Catholic,she married a METHODIST MINISTER . The wedding was at the Catholic Church! And she had the mass with it!
Rose used to post here a few years back. When she returned, she stated she hadn't posted here in a couple years. Several posters here, including me, remember back when she was posting regularly.

If she doesn't want to post here, she doesn't have to. That goes for everyone. Even you.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312290 Sep 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
In the real world, you don't get to claim victimhood while doing nothing to change the situation. Maybe if women weren't taught to put up with abuse and second-class status, there would be far less abuse. But, on the other hand, the RCC often counsels women to stay in the marriage.
<quoted text>
They sure do. In my observations, even when one is widowed, there is a definite societal discrimination toward single women; especially those with kids. In some areas and ways, it's very blatant. More often, though, it's generally subtle and leaves a person shaking their head, wondering WTF just happened.

Personally, when I became a single mom (after years of marriage), I was taught/told to remain optimistic, upbeat, and with a can-do attitude. That if I just worked for it, it would happen. There were more hoops to jump through, longer hours to work, more money going out than coming in... etc., etc. Some influential women are still spouting this "magical formula" as *the* key to success, but from what I've seen it's more a dud than reality.

In reality, we need higher education and quality childcare with affordable prices that doesn't leave you in debt for twenty years.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312291 Sep 27, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Petey, women who are abused will not leave most of the time. Ever hear of Stockholm syndrome where people who are abused will fight to stay with their abuser? You are laughable, you have no idea what goes on in the real world.
Stockholm Syndrome are the extreme cases. Most women with an abuser make a conscious decision to stay or go. Weigh out the benefits over the detriments. Some women never divorce, but they do separate. I think that is the better option. Hindsight tells me I shoulda stuck to that plan when I left.'Cause then ex wouldn't've spent the last 18yrs trying to punish me at the expense of his personal relationship with the kids.

But he's dead now -- and you know what his widow was legally allowed to do with his estate? She managed to stretch $7K he'd gotten from a legal action involving me and was supposed to go to CSE to pay arrears and then half sent back to me. That's what the intent was behind it. But *she* managed to stretch that $7K to cover *his* final hospital bill totally over a $100K. A whopping $90 was sent to CSE which they sent on to me to cover over $60K in CS arrears.

It was crap and I've yet to find an attorney who can explain to me how throughout their marriage, per the antenuptial agreement, his child support issues with me remained separate from his marriage to her. So how was she able to usurp this $7K that was legally between me and him to cover community debt between him and her?

This is how society treats single/divorced/widowed moms, K&P. You need to open your eyes to reality.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#312292 Sep 27, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> You act like pregnancy is a disease. Other than an ectopic pregnancy (which threatens the womans life),what are you discussing? Pregnancies can cause complications and if need be(worst case scenerio) the baby can be delivered after viability.
You're making a woman a victim of her own pregnancy. Her developing child is a bully now?C'mon now.
A woman is the victim of her own pregnancy. Even Mary needed reassurance that her pregnancy was necessary. Women do lose in Vatican roulette.
2 posts removed

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#312295 Sep 27, 2013
"sASSy jm"
You support killing humans as choice. Ugh!

and YOU support an organization that hides pedophile priests
Katie

Kent, WA

#312296 Sep 27, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose posted she has been posting here and the Catholic forum for five years not every couple years, but five straight years. Her post was very whiney and she has turned very mean spirited towards Catholics. I said nothing about forcing anyone to post here.
Mean-spirited toward Catholics, eh?
Or just toward you?

You weren't exactly the welcoming committee when Rose was nothing but nice to you. Or have you forgotten?
1 post removed

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312298 Sep 27, 2013
I do live in the real world--mine doesn't include sacred spoiled virgins, zombie carpenter, or sacrificial cannibalism.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong . When you live in the real world, then you could have an opinion. Until then go find something to do.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312299 Sep 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>

She was asking about two non-Catholics, even if she didn't use the word two.
Why? Because the Catholics in their family nag them, maybe? Who cares why? The question was asked, and has been answered.
The question doesn't make sense that way.
Catholics in a family of non Catholics would know two non- Catholics couldn't marry in Church so why would they 'nag' them to so?
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312300 Sep 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Stockholm Syndrome are the extreme cases. Most women with an abuser make a conscious decision to stay or go. Weigh out the benefits over the detriments. Some women never divorce, but they do separate. I think that is the better option. Hindsight tells me I shoulda stuck to that plan when I left.'Cause then ex wouldn't've spent the last 18yrs trying to punish me at the expense of his personal relationship with the kids.
But he's dead now -- and you know what his widow was legally allowed to do with his estate? She managed to stretch $7K he'd gotten from a legal action involving me and was supposed to go to CSE to pay arrears and then half sent back to me. That's what the intent was behind it. But *she* managed to stretch that $7K to cover *his* final hospital bill totally over a $100K. A whopping $90 was sent to CSE which they sent on to me to cover over $60K in CS arrears.
It was crap and I've yet to find an attorney who can explain to me how throughout their marriage, per the antenuptial agreement, his child support issues with me remained separate from his marriage to her. So how was she able to usurp this $7K that was legally between me and him to cover community debt between him and her?
This is how society treats single/divorced/widowed moms, K&P. You need to open your eyes to reality.
I know some women who have been through the same type of situation and it is truly unfair. I have a friend who lost half of her worth to a worthless ex husband.

This may seem of the track but was your husband a man who loved God?
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312301 Sep 27, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
"sASSy jm"
You support killing humans as choice. Ugh!
and YOU support an organization that hides pedophile priests
Can you separate a love of God from a religion which has had men who abused their power and did indefensible acts. Or is it all the same to you, that if you were baptised Catholic and love God you are in some way guilty of being a pedophile supporter?
Katie

Kent, WA

#312302 Sep 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some women who have been through the same type of situation and it is truly unfair. I have a friend who lost half of her worth to a worthless ex husband.
This may seem of the track but was your husband a man who loved God?
In the end, regardless of what he'd been as a kid, he was a man who loved himself above all else.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312303 Sep 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
In the end, regardless of what he'd been as a kid, he was a man who loved himself above all else.
Ditto for my friend too.
1 post removed
Spooner

Terry, MS

#312305 Sep 27, 2013
Where is my gurl Rose ? Anyone know ?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#312306 Sep 28, 2013
Spooner wrote:
Where is my gurl Rose ? Anyone know ?
Sadly, she probably got tired of being stalked and harassed by that crazybitch Knit/Husker. If she turns up I will mention that you were asking for her.

Have a nice weekend.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312307 Sep 28, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose posted she has been posting here and the Catholic forum for five years not every couple years, but five straight years. Her post was very whiney and she has turned very mean spirited towards Catholics. I said nothing about forcing anyone to post here.
You reap what you sow. You are mean-spirited towards anyone who doesn't agree with everything you post. I know your putrid behavior is actually not typical of most Catholics, and that's a good thing.

What do you actually want? To come here to be the biggest a~hole around and then have others treat you with respect and affection? You do your religion a serious disservice by acting the way you do and treating people like dogshit.

You come off as seriously sick in the head.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312308 Sep 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mean-spirited toward Catholics, eh?
Or just toward you?
You weren't exactly the welcoming committee when Rose was nothing but nice to you. Or have you forgotten?
All Husk did was stalk and harass Rose. Just when it seems Knut can't possibly get any crazier and bitchier she outdoes herself yet again.
Ocean56

AOL

#312309 Sep 28, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
You act like pregnancy is a disease.
Here's a little newsflash for you, sASSy. Pregnancy IS a disease to ME, as I'm DONE with the whole procreation thing.

Thankfully, I can avoid that unwanted outcome to the best of my ability by using reliable contraception to prevent it. So far, so good. Using contraception to avoid unwanted pregnancy is one of the seven benefits of being CF (Catholicism-FREE). I so love NOT being pregnant.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312310 Sep 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The question doesn't make sense that way.
Catholics in a family of non Catholics would know two non- Catholics couldn't marry in Church so why would they 'nag' them to so?
How would C have KNOWN they couldn't UNTIL she asked the question, you Moron? It makes perfect sense.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312311 Sep 28, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You reap what you sow. You are mean-spirited towards anyone who doesn't agree with everything you post. I know your putrid behavior is actually not typical of most Catholics, and that's a good thing.
What do you actually want? To come here to be the biggest a~hole around and then have others treat you with respect and affection? You do your religion a serious disservice by acting the way you do and treating people like dogshit.
You come off as seriously sick in the head.
You are 100% correct. There is nothing more to add.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Warren was told to stay quiet, but sh... 9 min tha Professor 156
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,153,883
After being impeached in 1998, Clinton said he ... 12 min tha Professor 20
Black Captain America leading comic book diversity 14 min Kid_Tomorrow 20
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 14 min Lawrence Wolf 216
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min Aura Mytha 132,394
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min positronium 293,524
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 19 min Eagle 12 2,400
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 89
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 2 hr Le Jimbo 318