Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,607)

Showing posts 292,121 - 292,140 of303,164
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Cham, it's my understanding that a Catholic can marry outside the faith as long as there's a promise to raise the children as Catholics.
Yes, but I believe C's question was can TWO non-Catholics marry in a Catholic church. She can correct me if I'm wrong.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think that is an angry post?
The Bible speaks of the child in the womb as a child and that He knows them before they are born.
Thou shall not murder is one of God's rules.
So you live by and are true to the word of the bible? Then you should be pro stoning. Your god ordered stoning for many circumstances,

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

f a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say ... these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

If there be found among you ... that ... hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them ... Then shalt thou ... tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 13:5-10

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

Wow...nice guy that god of yours. Total nut case with no common sense, not to mention a real bloodlust .

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
These are her words;
"I can't believe a former Catholic knows so little about the church like you do. Maybe if you knew more you would not have left. If someone is protestant and marrying a Catholic, yes they can get married, if a Catholic marries a Muslim or Jew, they have to get an ok from the Bishop. "
Why argue about something of which you have no knowledge?
C asked about TWO non-Catholics.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just identifying the pro aborts post for what they are. Hate filled.
Hate for unborn babies
Men
Women who change their minds and don't abort.
God
Christians, especially Catholics
Anyone who doesn't agree with you on any subject.
Women who give birth and wouldn't think of aborting an unplanned pregnancy for convenience.
The list goes on.
I see you still haven't seen a doctor about that lying virus you've caught.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

sassy jm wrote:
You spending your life on an abortion forum doesn't bother me at all. IMHO, you proaborts are all here to hear truth. Obviously, your conscience is bothering you. You NEED validation for what your supporting as choice.
Yeah, sASSy, you can keep telling yourself such nonsense if that's what makes you happy. Obviously, YOU need to do so, since it really DOES seem to bother you that prochoicers can post here whenever we want. I have no doubt that you would prefer we not post here at all, but we're staying whether you like it or not. Get used to it.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

sassy jm wrote:

NO God
NO peace
KNOW God
KNOW peace
OR:

No Gods, KNOW PEACE

Yeah, I like that MUCH better. It's wonderful how much freedom people have when they AREN'T mentally chained to regressive and oppressive ideologies and religions.

Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

sassy jm wrote:
First of all, your assumption that condom use equates to no pregnancy, is totally ignorant.
God forbids sex outside of marriage. It was meant to be used within a marriage for the procreation of children(first and foremost). Promoting a sinful act is wrong, participating in a sinful act is wrong and suggesting a false sense of avoiding the natural result of that act is sinful. You went from giving into a sinful temptation to dismissing that sin and oping to rid yourself of the natural result of that act.
S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE

One of the greatest benefits of being CF (Catholicism-FREE) is not having to listen to constant and tedious preaching about so-called "sin."

Here are six other great benefits of the CF lifestyle:

2. No long and boring church services and sermons to ruin my Sundays

3. No hassles about the weekly drag known as "confession."

4. Not having to pop out more kids than I wanted because of Catholicism's anti-contraception doctrines

5. Not having to give any of my money to the church's blood-sucking hierarchy by the church-based extortion known as "tithing."

6. No worries about my child being a victim of one of the Catholic Church's vile pedophile priests

7. Freedom to decide for MYSELF on all important personal matters like sex, marriage, and reproduction

Personally, I find it a gross obscenity that a group of male clerics in dresses has the arrogance to believe it has the "right" to rule over millions of women's lives. Luckily for me, I can -- and DID -- kick all of this toxic church's baggage to the curb so it wouldn't ruin the quality of MY life. I celebrate that decision every day. For me, being Catholicism-Free (CF) ROCKS. It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained to a regressive and oppressive religious institution.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Okay, here is C's post from Monday.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

"Who said that it did? Are you telling me that a Catholic priest would be willing to marry Baptists, Protestants, Muslims or Atheists in a Catholic Church? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they do."

She did not specifically ask about two non-Catholics, but it seems that was what she was asking, from her words. If she was not, she can correct me.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you hung up on the 'world'wide' That was the known world then. So for the people of the time, it was world wide.
Why can't you just accept the fact that there is no evidence to back up the noahs ark story?

Did you read the link you provided or just read the headline?

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I believe C's question was can TWO non-Catholics marry in a Catholic church. She can correct me if I'm wrong.
Good morning Bit and all!

I was responding to this post:

"I'm not a former Catholic, nor did I ever claim to be. I had no idea a Catholic could marry someone not of their faith in the Catholic church. Can another Catholic, other than Knit, confirm this?"

My response to that question was factual.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what was the point of your post? I say I love books and you call me a bigot? Totally...pointless. And assholish.
you're not a bigot because you love books. you're a bigot because of your anti-catholic prejudice. did you forget about that already, bigot?
just what is the range of your memory...about 10 minutes?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm not a former Catholic, nor did I ever claim to be. I had no idea a Catholic could marry someone not of their faith in the Catholic church. Can another Catholic, other than Knit, confirm this?"
Ah. I stand corrected :)
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Here's an equation for you...Your God created everything (according to your dogma), so your God created rats and parasites, and then your God's rats and parasites spread your God's Black Death, so your God was responsible for killing off an entire 3rd of Western Europe, so your God wiped out 20 million people.
And then that wasn't enough to satisfy your God's bloodlust so he wiped out 50 million people in 1918 via the Spanish flu.
Your God is the most prolific mass murderer in history so why continue to be a hypocrite and bitch about abortion? If your God gave a shit in the first place he wouldn't allow a conception that will end in miscarriage...ya dumbastard.
"my" dogma? what is my dogma? abortion is not an issue of god or religion. it's an issue of basic fudamental human rights. stop trying to justify conscious intentional killing by equating it to nature's biological rejection of a pregnancy, or disease caused by mutated bacteria. would you cease bitching about cold blooded murder or call for the abolishing of laws against murder beacause god "allows" thousands of others to die due to accident or disease?
you sound stupid. in addition to your bigotry.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
How convenient for you to whine about something like this when you hide within a gray box so nobody will know how much space you've wasted here.
And your buddy Dry Husk changes names minute to minute but manages to be a prolific bloviator, so maybe you should find better things to do besides piss and moan about non-issues...like maybe bathe once in awhile.
best defense is a good offense, eh? no where here do you deny her lack of a life and 24/7 presence on here.
i'm not on this forum that frequently at all. it's up to you if you choose to believe that or not. but that's neither here nor there. the fact is her perpetual presence here is a matter of record. that your reaction is to not acknowledge that reality but immediately jump to her defense is a noble if not predictable gesture, and something, as noted by her silence, she doesn't even care to do for herself.
in the words of that immortal misogynist, groucho : "remember, you're defending this woman's honor....which is probably more than she ever did."
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
catholic doctors are not concerned with pregnant women having heart attacks or cancer. They would just as soon they die as long as they can salvage the fetus.
now you speak for all catholic doctors? this is a flat out lie and a pretty sick statement. you're psychotic.
Yes I am equating the bodies rejection of pregnancy. The woman/girls brain is part of her body is it not? The problem you have is not caring about 500,000 spontaneous abortions, but caring deeply if a woman/girl uses her mind in the rejection of pregnancy.
so you would equate a strong, healthy 18 year old committing suicide with an 18 year old with an 18 year old who dies of cancer?
after all it was his mind that chose to kill himself and his mind is part of his body is it not? what kind of sick twisted brain conjures up such idiotic rationale?
Religion is misogynistic. I have read the book it screams off the pages. Not my problem that you bow down to it and refuse the truth. Bow all YOU want, don't expect the same from me? Comprende?
it's not just religion. the irrational fear of being persecuted by misogynists you see in your sleep "screams" off of all your posts. you need to get a grip.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the truth.
I know, I know, you just don't understand, do you?
Okay, I'll try to dumb it down enough for you. First of all, how many fetuses did YOU gestate? Was it EVER a possibility that YOU would abort any of your pregnancies, Witless?
even if it wasn't a possibility that she would choose to abort, her pregnancy would still be subject to miscarriage which is still an abortion and still at the behest and whim of the deity who "allows' it, as you screwballs are always pointing out. so yes, 100% of embryos/fetuses are subject to death at someone's whim.
"you" are going to dumb something down? lol

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well, I found a post from 3 weeks ago, where I characterized 'HuskerDu's post as "...hurling hate and spewing shit."

So there's that.

*sheepish grin*
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty sure you meant "Please SHUT up," as Ladilulu hit your nail DIRECTLY on the top of your pointed head.
You don't want to hear it - and I can hardly blame you - but it's nonetheless the truth, and you really need to face facts.
"it's just me, really"

get yer motor runnin shovel. you phony.

http://d2om8tvz4lgco4.cloudfront.net/archive/...
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I've never seen the Christian God.
you may very well have without even knowing it. what you mean is you "believe" you've never seen the christian god, shovel.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Of course. For instance, if you were going to hit me, I have a right to stop you by putting up my fist. I wouldn't stab you though or shoot yohr head off.
Okay let's have it grumpy. Go and tell me that a baby is threatening his/her mom while inutero and that she therefore has a right to kill that child.
My 10 month old threw her glass bottle at me one day. Should i have the rigt to kill her in self defense?
My friend was telling me just about a half of an hohr ago that her husband is a pain in the ass and that the stress is killing her. She feels like shes going to have a stroke. What do you suggest grumpy? A bullet between his eyes or should she choke him.
Out of self defense, of COURSE ;)
But if a fetus is a human being, doesn't a woman have the right to protect herself from the damage the fetus will cause?
The woman has no other defense against the fetus.
You could have dodged the bottle. Your friend could have left her husband. But the woman has no other defense against the fetus.
Of course, if the fetus is not a person.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 292,121 - 292,140 of303,164
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••