Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309890 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#312271 Sep 26, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>I am very glad that you post here. You are seeking validation for the evil that you support as choice. That tells me that your conscience is bothering you. The truth will set you free one day when you're ready. I promise you. I feel very sorry for people like you who obviously live in the darkness. What a dark cloud you have over YOUR head. You support killing humans as choice. Ugh!
Anyone can play your "I'll judge you even though I don't know you" game...

You are an arrogant & awful person, full of wild, baseless judgements and arrogance.
1 post removed

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312273 Sep 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Joke question? The church isn't going to marry two people of the same sex.
Why would two atheists want to marry in a religious ceremony?
To see if the Church would do it?

Frankly, that's a question I'd ask, if I was the priest. I'd have to hope he answer would at least be interesting.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312274 Sep 26, 2013
Jerseyboy For Life wrote:
The abortionist have killed more people then all of the wars America has ever fought in,since our Country became the United States.And these Leftist did it with out firing a single shot,all done with the stroke of the pen,and a willing number of woman in the millions to carry out this horrible crime against the most innocent!, and defenceless!,an unborn child.Only animals kill their "young", is this act of murder of the defenceless, is it to our advancement,or our destruction?...This selfish act against the unborn is murder!, and it's genicide on a World conscience.When humanity turns it's evil on the innocent,it's unyeilding and as cold as a stone,the heart of mankind has stopped beating for the sanctity of humnity...A child is the future,that future stops when we kill it....I pitty those who have sanctified it,and done it...They will stand before God,you may have slipped by judgement here on Earth,but you won't when you are aborted from this life......Eternal damnation is one hell of a price to pay for a vicious selfish act of abortion,praised by fools,accepted by millions......
Oh please....go gestate something.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312275 Sep 27, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Your question was about people marrying in the Catholic church and you specified ONE CATHOLIC MARRYING A NON-CATHOLIC. So stop deflecting.
Why would two non-Catholics marry in a Catholic church and not their own or atheists marry in a church at all. Please.
No, her original question did not specify that. That is why I, who understood what she was asking, remembered her wording incorrectly at first.

She was asking about two non-Catholics, even if she didn't use the word two.

Why? Because the Catholics in their family nag them, maybe? Who cares why? The question was asked, and has been answered.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312276 Sep 27, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>No, you both are fibbing. Nowhere in your post did you say "TWO".
Neither of us was.

She was talking about two, which is what I said in the first place.
Ocean56

AOL

#312277 Sep 27, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
I am very glad that you post here. You are seeking validation for the evil that you support as choice. That tells me that your conscience is bothering you.
Obviously you tell yourself a lot of stupid things. No surprises there. However, I'm happy to tell you that my conscience isn't bothering me at all.

Contrary to the regressive and oppressive ideology you'd prefer that everyone believe, there's nothing "evil" about informing women that we all DO have choices when it comes to sex and reproduction. I know it really frustrates you that women CAN reject motherhood if they don't want the hardships and responsibilities it involves, but you'll just have to suck it up, won't you.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

#312278 Sep 27, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>But Ocean you obviously don't have peace in your life. You support killing innocent humans because of their location and vulnerability. That's pure evil.
What's interesting is that abortion is legal, yet, you proaborts are here STILL trying to justify it. You want to join in with others as if their is safety in numbers. A guilty conscience will never rest.
You seem to have lived a life of dysfunction. You foam at the mouth when discussing your hate for the RCC which you clakmed to have left over 20 years ago. AND you support kklling as choice.
Ocean ...there is no sign of peace about you. A peaceful person isn't constantly on edge like you are. You want desperately to prove something to the world...but you seem frustrated that you can't even convince yourself of it.
Just my opinion.
Awwwwwwww, it really pisses you off that I can cheerfully reject your toxic Catholic Church and still have peace and happiness as a result, doesn't it. Good.

As I have said before, you're free to believe whatever nonsense you want. Just because YOU believe it doesn't make it true.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
2 posts removed

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312281 Sep 27, 2013
Keep yammering on, but since the right to abort belongs to the woman, the fetus is immaterial. Women are not obligated to continue a pregnancy (for whatever reason) just because YOU believe otherwise. Women don't have to endure complications of pregnancy; it's just another medical condition to be dealt with.
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> You act like pregnancy is a disease. Other than an ectopic pregnancy (which threatens the womans life),what are you discussing? Pregnancies can cause complications and if need be(worst case scenerio) the baby can be delivered after viability.
You're making a woman a victim of her own pregnancy. Her developing child is a bully now?C'mon now.
1 post removed

Indianapolis

#312283 Sep 27, 2013
1) You know NOTHING about any other woman's pregnancy, so maybe you should stfu.

2) If she is being physically abused, she can call the police. If she is being verbally abused, she can get a divorce, or at least stand up to him. Bullies have to have victims; if you refuse to be a victim, they have no power. At some point, you must accept your part in the equation and change the variables--leave, stand up, divorce, or whatever.

3) If he is physically abusive, she does have the right to defend herself. Otherwise, HIS rights as a born citizen protect him from rndom acts of homicide.

4) Your responses don't surprise me--she's living the catholic dream--she can be a martyr.
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Since you know NOTHING about marriage or a woman in distress in thar marriage, you need to mind your own business. You don't know her circumstances. Bottom line, SHE is a victim of her husband.
Back to the question,...does she have a right to kill him since you people think that anyone who has their life threatened can. OR does that only apply to moms who don't want to mother their child so they kill them as choice?
2 posts removed

Indianapolis

#312286 Sep 27, 2013
It's so cute when absolute morons like you get supercilious.

Farmed fish are not subject to the heavy metal pollution in ocean or fresh-water fish. In fact, farmed fish have less flavor BECAUSE they have a safer diet. But the nutritional value is the same.

Free-range livestock eat whatever is in their environment--including settled pollution. Pretending they get nothing but manna and unicorn hair show a lack of coping skills.

Why would I get injected with that when the subject is food--which we digest? Are you mainlining cow? Are you so stupid that you think these things just slide right through the digestive tract unchanged? Of course you are.

Tomatoes? Jesus fu**ing christ...look up the term "heirloom tomatoes." Most tomatoes have been BRED to be bigger and meatier, at the cost of flavor; heirloom varieties are strains that were not part of that process--they are far tastier, but less resistant to disease and rot.
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Uh no dear,farm raised fish are not "safer" than wild caught. You're so confused. As for meat, AGAIN you are wrong. Free range animals that are fed organic are healthy than caged, hormone injected, crap fed ones.
Take a teaspoon of chemicals andpesticides, get injected with the hormones and see how you fare with it VS not having it.
Mr clueless.
Taste a organic garden tomato and see if you can tell the difference between that and one thats been picked, sprayed orange and drowning in chemicals and pesticides to keep it from rotting.

Indianapolis

#312287 Sep 27, 2013
The future will be here regardless of who is around to see it. You think time stops because a fetus gets flushed?
Jerseyboy For Life wrote:
The abortionist have killed more people then all of the wars America has ever fought in,since our Country became the United States.And these Leftist did it with out firing a single shot,all done with the stroke of the pen,and a willing number of woman in the millions to carry out this horrible crime against the most innocent!, and defenceless!,an unborn child.Only animals kill their "young", is this act of murder of the defenceless, is it to our advancement,or our destruction?...This selfish act against the unborn is murder!, and it's genicide on a World conscience.When humanity turns it's evil on the innocent,it's unyeilding and as cold as a stone,the heart of mankind has stopped beating for the sanctity of humnity...A child is the future,that future stops when we kill it....I pitty those who have sanctified it,and done it...They will stand before God,you may have slipped by judgement here on Earth,but you won't when you are aborted from this life......Eternal damnation is one hell of a price to pay for a vicious selfish act of abortion,praised by fools,accepted by millions......

Indianapolis

#312288 Sep 27, 2013
In the real world, you don't get to claim victimhood while doing nothing to change the situation. Maybe if women weren't taught to put up with abuse and second-class status, there would be far less abuse. But, on the other hand, the RCC often counsels women to stay in the marriage.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Petey, women who are abused will not leave most of the time. Ever hear of Stockholm syndrome where people who are abused will fight to stay with their abuser? You are laughable, you have no idea what goes on in the real world.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312289 Sep 27, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>whatever happened to rosesz? She has been on another thread and posted she was tired of me posting to her for that last five years. I don't ever recall her being on the abortion forum ,which she was posting about and the Catholic forum for five years, have you? Wonder who she really is... Also, I know a lady who remarried after many years of being a widow, she is Catholic,she married a METHODIST MINISTER . The wedding was at the Catholic Church! And she had the mass with it!
Rose used to post here a few years back. When she returned, she stated she hadn't posted here in a couple years. Several posters here, including me, remember back when she was posting regularly.

If she doesn't want to post here, she doesn't have to. That goes for everyone. Even you.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312290 Sep 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
In the real world, you don't get to claim victimhood while doing nothing to change the situation. Maybe if women weren't taught to put up with abuse and second-class status, there would be far less abuse. But, on the other hand, the RCC often counsels women to stay in the marriage.
<quoted text>
They sure do. In my observations, even when one is widowed, there is a definite societal discrimination toward single women; especially those with kids. In some areas and ways, it's very blatant. More often, though, it's generally subtle and leaves a person shaking their head, wondering WTF just happened.

Personally, when I became a single mom (after years of marriage), I was taught/told to remain optimistic, upbeat, and with a can-do attitude. That if I just worked for it, it would happen. There were more hoops to jump through, longer hours to work, more money going out than coming in... etc., etc. Some influential women are still spouting this "magical formula" as *the* key to success, but from what I've seen it's more a dud than reality.

In reality, we need higher education and quality childcare with affordable prices that doesn't leave you in debt for twenty years.
Katie

Kent, WA

#312291 Sep 27, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Petey, women who are abused will not leave most of the time. Ever hear of Stockholm syndrome where people who are abused will fight to stay with their abuser? You are laughable, you have no idea what goes on in the real world.
Stockholm Syndrome are the extreme cases. Most women with an abuser make a conscious decision to stay or go. Weigh out the benefits over the detriments. Some women never divorce, but they do separate. I think that is the better option. Hindsight tells me I shoulda stuck to that plan when I left.'Cause then ex wouldn't've spent the last 18yrs trying to punish me at the expense of his personal relationship with the kids.

But he's dead now -- and you know what his widow was legally allowed to do with his estate? She managed to stretch $7K he'd gotten from a legal action involving me and was supposed to go to CSE to pay arrears and then half sent back to me. That's what the intent was behind it. But *she* managed to stretch that $7K to cover *his* final hospital bill totally over a $100K. A whopping $90 was sent to CSE which they sent on to me to cover over $60K in CS arrears.

It was crap and I've yet to find an attorney who can explain to me how throughout their marriage, per the antenuptial agreement, his child support issues with me remained separate from his marriage to her. So how was she able to usurp this $7K that was legally between me and him to cover community debt between him and her?

This is how society treats single/divorced/widowed moms, K&P. You need to open your eyes to reality.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#312292 Sep 27, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> You act like pregnancy is a disease. Other than an ectopic pregnancy (which threatens the womans life),what are you discussing? Pregnancies can cause complications and if need be(worst case scenerio) the baby can be delivered after viability.
You're making a woman a victim of her own pregnancy. Her developing child is a bully now?C'mon now.
A woman is the victim of her own pregnancy. Even Mary needed reassurance that her pregnancy was necessary. Women do lose in Vatican roulette.
2 posts removed

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#312295 Sep 27, 2013
"sASSy jm"
You support killing humans as choice. Ugh!

and YOU support an organization that hides pedophile priests
Katie

Kent, WA

#312296 Sep 27, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose posted she has been posting here and the Catholic forum for five years not every couple years, but five straight years. Her post was very whiney and she has turned very mean spirited towards Catholics. I said nothing about forcing anyone to post here.
Mean-spirited toward Catholics, eh?
Or just toward you?

You weren't exactly the welcoming committee when Rose was nothing but nice to you. Or have you forgotten?
1 post removed

Indianapolis

#312298 Sep 27, 2013
I do live in the real world--mine doesn't include sacred spoiled virgins, zombie carpenter, or sacrificial cannibalism.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong . When you live in the real world, then you could have an opinion. Until then go find something to do.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312299 Sep 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>

She was asking about two non-Catholics, even if she didn't use the word two.
Why? Because the Catholics in their family nag them, maybe? Who cares why? The question was asked, and has been answered.
The question doesn't make sense that way.
Catholics in a family of non Catholics would know two non- Catholics couldn't marry in Church so why would they 'nag' them to so?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 7 min Andy 114
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,233,376
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Coffee Party 190,006
News Appeals Court Rejects Plan to Let Obama Immigra... 8 min kuda 7
News Julian Castro: Clinton emails a 'witch hunt' 10 min mjjcpa 44
News U.S. Strategy Against Islamic State Under Scrutiny 10 min Synque 38
News Bernie Sanders Appeals to Democrats' Elizabeth ... 12 min Your Ex 37
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 12 min Go Blue Forever 2,360
News GOP's fight for 2016 nomination likely to drag ... 31 min mjjcpa 103
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 49 min positronium 328,514
More from around the web