Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 326627 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#311045 Sep 14, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Who is talking about an ectopic pregnancy? I am not.
Pay attention here. You're ASSUMING that her abortion was an ectopic pregnancy.
Sassy if you've read posts fully you would HSVE known ..I said it several times ....the word ectopic....And others showed you .

Baloney ..sorry but how do I know..Not assume..She has said it several times ..

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#311046 Sep 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Just like a baby's very full diaper.
Interesting choice of words. Are you sure you are opposed to abortion? The typical newborn may need to be changed 8 to 10 times a day. Potty training takes 2 plus years depending on gender.

A woman on the fence trying to decide whether to remain pregnant or terminate? It's possible that reading about "full" diapers may just tip her over the edge.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311047 Sep 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is a known fact that pagans have left newborns out to die of exposure."

ANCIENT Pagans, Moron.

"Pro aborts now are pushing if you don't think its a baby yet, even if its born, then you can dispose of the baby."

There is no such thing as a "pro abort".

"An MSNBC announcer is well known for promoting infanticide."

One, you're probably lying, it's what you do.

Two, why would I give a shit was someone else says? They have nothing to do with me, OR my religion.

You're nothing but a lying scum.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#311048 Sep 14, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with you on this point: In this day and age, birth control should be such a given that unintended pregnancy is less common.
Why do you suppose birth control has not made unwanted pregnancy a rarity?
Education and sorry to say not being responsible ..wITH freedoms cones responsibility ..

Now sometimes it may not work..or more likely used incorrectly ..

But many women just get pregnant and use abortion as their birth control..

I'm an older lady ...Not all that many friends who are of childbearing years ..And I KNOW 2 who have had multiple abortions ...from s Betts small pool of women ..there must be lots out THERR ..if they have access to clinics ..they HSVE access to contraception..they just don't use it..

And in anyone's book...taking a pill..or a shot..using a diaphragm or even a condom ..has got to be easier on a woman's body and spirit than having an abortion...

And abortion has let the guys off the hook...too.do no condoms..foolish considering STDS ..IMO .

PART IS,education but these people do not live in caves ...these things are all over the internet ...tve

These celebs THRY look up.to should do PSA..on MTV. And other shows young people watch..

The pill was supposed to be our great equalizer ..instead abortion is touted as the ultimate right for women..

It's a downright shame ...And it hurts women as well as killing THeir babies ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#311049 Sep 14, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
There are quite a few folks on the AC side who claim life saving abortion is slaughtering a child and discarding frozen embryo is slaughtering a child and using a condom is a sin and on and on and on.
It's like folks saying marijuana is the same as heroin. When the youngsters find out it's not, then the point is lost and they don't believe anything you say. Know what I mean?
Maybe if your side didn't go off the deep end so often, more women would listen and choose to gestate OR use bc and not get pregnant in the first place.
But when the crazys are loudest, they end up representing the whole crowd - People like you who don't sign on to their sh*t.
Many pro life people such as myself think waiting is great...But that contraception is the thing to do for family planning ...

I'm not much for IUDS..other than That ..if you do not violation baby ..no sperm hits egg no baby ..etc

It's more Catholics AGSINST it

Despite this board ..polls show many Catholic women now use contraception....

No baby..no abortion ..

As for frozen embryos..I am dead set against experiments...think if it's used..Make fewer..

And the clinics should give s reduced rate for adopting them ..after screening adoptive parents .

Those are the Only solutions that I can come up with ..as it like abortion is an entrenched business that is not going anywhere .

If we can limit the number by contraception use and trying to get thru
To girls THST they are worth much mire than a hook up...
That birth control is useful..
And cutting down on trashed embryos ..it's s practical suggestion to things I Have no control over.

IMO.both sides could put pressure on say EITH getting PSA s made ..just saying

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#311050 Sep 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>What I remember is she had an elective abortion. Rose, these pro aborts are playing you.
If you read anything knit ..And you saw her months,ago a few times say abortion regarding herself ..it was most clear it was NOT ELECTIVE ..She had surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy for the umpteenth time now..She never said what you said..today she said she had an abortion to sAve her Life...to.me she had surgery on s prob s my already dead baby

Which I posted to you both over and over ...You both chose to be insensitive ..
And answered those posts ...so you had to see what I SAID AT LEAST..

You said they lie just yesterday ..then made some comment that was snide..

You have absolutely no empathy for another human being by your own remarks ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#311051 Sep 14, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning to you Rose. I have missed you for the last few weeks.
I hope you are doing well. Don't be a stranger, my Dear.
Peace unto you, Rose. God bless.
YOU TOO dear,..I'll be better ..:)
1 post removed

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311053 Sep 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You can never admit you are wrong, this is a sign of no confidence, you constantly call others names, another sign, you better find a therapist soon.
I've admitted to being wrong many times, when I HAVE been. I'm not in this case, that's all.

I'm calling you a lying scum because you ARE one. Deal with it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#311054 Sep 14, 2013
Sometimes my natural shyness gets in the way...:)
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm tell us how you really feel ..Peter .
Good nite

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311055 Sep 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>It is a known fact that pagans have left newborns out to die of exposure.
A Catholic website this week encouraged its readers not to allow their daughters to go to college because any young woman would be near sin and would “not learn to be a wife and mother.”

In a Sunday article on the Fix the Family website, Raylan Alleman offers “6 Reasons (+2) to NOT Send Your Daughter to College.” Alleman expains that young women “will attract the wrong types of men” at college:“those lazy men who are looking for a mother-figure in a wife are very attracted to this responsible, organized, smart woman who has it all together.”

Alleman adds that daughters should “learn to be a wife and mother” instead of pursuing higher education.“Nothing that is taught in a college curriculum is geared toward domestic homemaking,” he opines.“Stay-at-home mothers are actually very busy industrious women and do absolutely beautiful marvelous things… These abilities cannot be learned in any college.”

Alleman goes on to say that saving for college is also “a near occasion of sin for the parents” because they may be tempted to “avoid having more children with contraception, sterilization, or illicit use of NFP to bear this cost.”“To assume that all of our children will need a college degree is quite a stretch, particularly for girls who will likely be mothers.”
4 posts removed

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#311060 Sep 14, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you avoid including the website link?
Here ya go "NR:"

http://www.fix-the-family.com/blog

You're welcome.

:)
3 posts removed

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#311064 Sep 14, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting choice of words. Are you sure you are opposed to abortion? The typical newborn may need to be changed 8 to 10 times a day. Potty training takes 2 plus years depending on gender.
A woman on the fence trying to decide whether to remain pregnant or terminate? It's possible that reading about "full" diapers may just tip her over the edge.
Hey junket ..how you doing ??

Ewww full diaper ..have had some recent experience ..ugh..why is it boys take longer for potty training..hoping that changes by Christmas ..Lol ..when I next visit ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#311065 Sep 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>A Catholic website this week encouraged its readers not to allow their daughters to go to college because any young woman would be near sin and would “not learn to be a wife and mother.”
In a Sunday article on the Fix the Family website, Raylan Alleman offers “6 Reasons (+2) to NOT Send Your Daughter to College.” Alleman expains that young women “will attract the wrong types of men” at college:“those lazy men who are looking for a mother-figure in a wife are very attracted to this responsible, organized, smart woman who has it all together.”
Alleman adds that daughters should “learn to be a wife and mother” instead of pursuing higher education.“Nothing that is taught in a college curriculum is geared toward domestic homemaking,” he opines.“Stay-at-home mothers are actually very busy industrious women and do absolutely beautiful marvelous things… These abilities cannot be learned in any college.”
Alleman goes on to say that saving for college is also “a near occasion of sin for the parents” because they may be tempted to “avoid having more children with contraception, sterilization, or illicit use of NFP to bear this cost.”“To assume that all of our children will need a college degree is quite a stretch, particularly for girls who will likely be mothers.”
Welcome to the mindset of the sixties..I was engaged to my older Catholic boyfriend ..of course it turned out I was not his Only lady.

Only well off girls went to college .

And what is ILLICIT USE OF NFP...I thought that was okay ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#311066 Sep 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Sometimes my natural shyness gets in the way...:)
<quoted text>
Oh so that's it ..wondered at your reticence :)

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#311067 Sep 14, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You are bizzare and can come up with many "excuses" to dismember & intentionally kill defenseless babies in the womb.
^^^ Trailer Trash ^^^
Puddles! The correct term would be mobile estates.

Have you changed any diapers lately? Or does Mommy cater to you, still? If you have not, it's either a paid position or much love involved.

Babies in the womb, btw, would suffocate, but you know this unless you are total imbecile. Are you?

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#311068 Sep 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>A Catholic website this week encouraged its readers not to allow their daughters to go to college because any young woman would be near sin and would “not learn to be a wife and mother.”
WOW......these people are as fcked up and misogynistic as anyone can get! Men should rule the world and women and girls should just learn to be subservient twits, after all it is their nature! LOL the catholics get crazier daily, male hierarchy at its best!

http://www.fix-the-family.com/blog/6-reasons-...

""College may be necessary for the provider of a family depending on the vocation God is calling them to or for those who are called to the Priesthood, both of which are intended for men.""

""My personal impression is that the day-to-day grind of a job is below the dignity of women. In a way, it is like being a hired hand, as result of the fall and the penalty for original sin. Of course the Lord and the Popes have raised the dignity of work as a way of husbands living out their vocation and duty. But the penalty for the woman as a result of the fall was pain in childbirth (which requires having babies), not to work.""

"" Christian marriage by definition does place her in a submissive role to her husband, but no one forces anyone to marry anyone. She should go to the altar with full knowledge of what she’s entering into. ""

"" In promoting femininity in the context of marriage we would be remiss to not include the wife’s submission to her husband as demanded by Scripture and Church teaching and practiced by many civilized cultures up until about the middle of last century. We can see what it has cost us in losing it in ours.""

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#311069 Sep 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You know, she probably made the whole thing up.
http://www.fix-the-family.com/blog/6-reasons-...

There you go ya sack of shlt.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#311070 Sep 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>It is a known fact that pagans have left newborns out to die of exposure. Pro aborts now are pushing if you don't think its a baby yet, even if its born, then you can dispose of the baby. An MSNBC announcer is well known for promoting infanticide.
You are a raving lunatic.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#311071 Sep 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You know, she probably made the whole thing up.
Why didn't you name the MSNBC person who is supposedly promoting infanticide?
2 posts removed

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#311074 Sep 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Did ya hear about Mr. dawkins? Your hero? He is all for pedophilia, look it up.
I assume this is what you're referring to "Knit...?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/rich...

First of all, as usual, you don't understand what other posters on here say because you've already decided that anyone who doesn't subscribe to your interpretation of religion is automatically, "Wrong," "Evil," "Satanic," or, and I love this one--especially when one considers some of your previous posts--"Of-the-Devil. "

I've never stated anywhere that I'm an atheist.
I've never stated anywhere that Richard Dawkins--who I found on occasion to be just as repellent as some of you religious fanatics--was my "Hero."

I simply don't believe in the concept of "God" in the same way that you do "Knit."
I also do not, will not, can not, subscribe to your interpretation of Christianity, nor will I, can I, shall I subscribe to your system of beliefs with regards to "Family Planning."

Sorry "Knit," but you and I are at opposite sides of the religious/philosophical/ideolo gical odds and, as such, I fear, never the twain shall meet...

:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP committee blasts 'Schumer shutdown' as chai... 4 min Retribution 106
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Jacques in Ottawa 1,684,591
News US marches for women's rights slam Trump, encou... 9 min Cath League of Du... 29
News WTVN-AM radio host John Corby dies at age 61 17 min Reality Speaks 14
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 18 min reprehensible 626
News Senate adjourns without deal to end shutdown; M... 18 min tomin cali 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 22 min Poster Child for ... 17,587
News What will Republicans say to justify condoning ... 29 min Cath League of Du... 67
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 42 min EditorAtLarge 52,748
More from around the web