Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,545
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310546 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not likely.
Ah, I see the problem, Witless. You don't understand what the word MAY means. Got it.

How likely it is makes no difference. What if there are even 10 different religions represented by the children? Again, how much time will be left for actual school work (you know, the reason the teachers and children are THERE in the first place?) when the teacher has to settle down the students who will be praying, AND those who won't, each and every time?

You never answer my other question, either. Why do you think prayers must be said out loud? Don't Christian prayers work if they're not spoken out loud where others must also listen to them?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310547 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I see the problem, Witless. You don't understand what the word MAY means. Got it.
How likely it is makes no difference. What if there are even 10 different religions represented by the children? Again, how much time will be left for actual school work (you know, the reason the teachers and children are THERE in the first place?) when the teacher has to settle down the students who will be praying, AND those who won't, each and every time?
You never answer my other question, either. Why do you think prayers must be said out loud? Don't Christian prayers work if they're not spoken out loud where others must also listen to them?
I actually answered that question in my post to John K. He unlike you is always polite and respectful even when he doesn't agree. Take a lesson.

BTW it is a shame that they don't actually learn anything.

http://catholiceducation.org/articles/educati...

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#310548 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Her brand of Christian has to make sure their peers witness their piety or it doesn't count.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310549 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"I actually answered that question in my post to John K."

No, you really did not.

"He unlike you is always polite and respectful even when he doesn't agree. Take a lesson."

You get what you deserve from me. You haven't earned my respect, and I have no need to be polite to someone like you.

"BTW it is a shame that they don't actually learn anything.
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/educati... ;

Which really has nothing to do with the subject, but by all means, let's take time from the school day to cater to religion, shall we?@@

Atrisco Village

#310550 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
John on the same subject.
I just think we have become a country full of offended people. I don't understand the lack of tolerance for other's religions or lack of. If you believe something strongly that isn't shared by another poster, you are an idiot, moron, stupid or worse.
Not true. You're incorrect, as usual. It's just your particular type of religious fundamentalist that are an idiots, morons, stupid, and worse.

:-D
Relax, dear. Happy Sunday!

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#310551 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Each child? Really? Idiot, each child MAY pray if they feel comfortable doing so already, just not out loud where others are forced to listen.
Damn, you're stupid. If the teacher had to take the 15 minutes to make "each child comfortable" with the prayer/ritual of their choice, there goes the school day.
Can't Christian kids get up early to pray at home BEFORE school? Mine did.
I've always found it interesting when some folks claim religious persecution in schools or claim that God is not allowed at school. I don't know about those folks but God is with me where ever I go as He's always in my heart. I went to Catholic grammar school and public high school. I never had a problem saying prayers at high school or saying grace before I ate lunch. Then again, I didn't pray out loud, as that's how I choose to pray, but either way, I never felt persecuted or that I wasn't allowed to worship God.

Anyways, I hope all is well with you and I hope everyone has a great day. Football starts today so I'm waiting to see how the Bears do this season. God help us, LMAO!!!:o)

Atrisco Village

#310552 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you really did not.
"He unlike you is always polite and respectful even when he doesn't agree. Take a lesson."
You get what you deserve from me. You haven't earned my respect, and I have no need to be polite to someone like you.
"BTW it is a shame that they don't actually learn anything.
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/educati... ;
Which really has nothing to do with the subject, but by all means, let's take time from the school day to cater to religion, shall we?@@
The awesome thing is that this little fantasy of organized prayer in public school is ship long past sailed. These fundies really should just get over it. No one's stopping them from praying. They just love to act the martyr. They are pathetic.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310553 Sep 8, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. You're incorrect, as usual. It's just your particular type of religious fundamentalist that are an idiots, morons, stupid, and worse.
:-D
Relax, dear. Happy Sunday!
It is true. It is the way you are and how you deal with opinions that you don't like. There are more constructive ways but you would never think of them.
1 post removed

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#310555 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
John on the same subject.
I just think we have become a country full of offended people. I don't understand the lack of tolerance for other's religions or lack of. If you believe something strongly that isn't shared by another poster, you are an idiot, moron, stupid or worse.
Hey "Ink,"

Yeah, you might be somewhat surprised to learn that I completely agree with you on both counts; we're--PC/PL--already so entrenched in our positions, and so passionate about them, that neither side is willing to give so much as a micron anymore--which is the main reason why I don't bring up the subject of abortion much myself.
I also agree with your assessment of our becoming a country "full of offended people." Personally, I happen to find "militant" atheists to be as equally annoying as religious "fundamentalists."
Those folks who bring lawsuits that object to, saying the pledge of allegiance because of the "Under God," or the "In God We Trust," on our currency, or having displays of the "manger scene," or statues that have the Ten Commandments inscribed on them at courthouses...
I feel the same way about folks who're always beating their breasts about the so-called, "War on Christmas," or "Keep Christ in Christmas," or those who work themselves into a frenzy over the issue of gay marriage.
I sometimes feel like pulling my hair out and screaming, "You're getting yourselves all agitated over nothing!"

I also get what you're saying about "intolerance."
The blade cuts both ways doesn't it...?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310556 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you really did not.
Since you couldn't decipher the answer, I will take it to a first grade level.

First question answer They don't.

Second question answer They do.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310557 Sep 8, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always found it interesting when some folks claim religious persecution in schools or claim that God is not allowed at school. I don't know about those folks but God is with me where ever I go as He's always in my heart. I went to Catholic grammar school and public high school. I never had a problem saying prayers at high school or saying grace before I ate lunch. Then again, I didn't pray out loud, as that's how I choose to pray, but either way, I never felt persecuted or that I wasn't allowed to worship God.
Anyways, I hope all is well with you and I hope everyone has a great day. Football starts today so I'm waiting to see how the Bears do this season. God help us, LMAO!!!:o)
LOL! Speaking of prayers?:-D

All's well here. I hope it's well with you and yours.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310558 Sep 8, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The awesome thing is that this little fantasy of organized prayer in public school is ship long past sailed. These fundies really should just get over it. No one's stopping them from praying. They just love to act the martyr. They are pathetic.
Yep, and by doing so they belittle every Christian in the world who is facing REAL persecution. They should be ashamed, but they don't have the sense.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310559 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you couldn't decipher the answer, I will take it to a first grade level.
First question answer They don't.
Second question answer They do.
I couldn't "decipher" it, because it wasn't there before.

Now that you've answered, I have to ask, then what is your complaint?

Atrisco Village

#310560 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true. It is the way you are and how you deal with opinions that you don't like. There are more constructive ways but you would never think of them.
I have no problem with people with differing opinions. It is you, Ink; your opinions are complete nonsense and of no relevance or value. Try to deal with it. Don't be hurt, girl. Move on.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310561 Sep 8, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Ink,"
Yeah, you might be somewhat surprised to learn that I completely agree with you on both counts; we're--PC/PL--already so entrenched in our positions, and so passionate about them, that neither side is willing to give so much as a micron anymore--which is the main reason why I don't bring up the subject of abortion much myself.
I also agree with your assessment of our becoming a country "full of offended people." Personally, I happen to find "militant" atheists to be as equally annoying as religious "fundamentalists."
Those folks who bring lawsuits that object to, saying the pledge of allegiance because of the "Under God," or the "In God We Trust," on our currency, or having displays of the "manger scene," or statues that have the Ten Commandments inscribed on them at courthouses...
I feel the same way about folks who're always beating their breasts about the so-called, "War on Christmas," or "Keep Christ in Christmas," or those who work themselves into a frenzy over the issue of gay marriage.
I sometimes feel like pulling my hair out and screaming, "You're getting yourselves all agitated over nothing!"
I also get what you're saying about "intolerance."
The blade cuts both ways doesn't it...?
It is always so good to talk to you.

I fear what will happen if we ban or remove everything that someone else, who wants to, will find offensive.

Obviously on here, anyone who believes in God is offensive to some others. I hope I don't get banned.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310562 Sep 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't "decipher" it, because it wasn't there before.
Now that you've answered, I have to ask, then what is your complaint?
It was there in the moment of silence comment. I'm sure John got it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310563 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It was there in the moment of silence comment. I'm sure John got it.
No, that was not an answer to the questions I asked.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310564 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is always so good to talk to you.
I fear what will happen if we ban or remove everything that someone else, who wants to, will find offensive.
Obviously on here, anyone who believes in God is offensive to some others. I hope I don't get banned.
It's not a question of offense, but of infringing on someone else's civil rights.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310565 Sep 8, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> I have no problem with people with differing opinions. It is you, Ink; your opinions are complete nonsense and of no relevance or value. Try to deal with it. Don't be hurt, girl. Move on.
Mine and everyone else on here that you don't agree with.

What I did say initially was that we were able to pray in school as a group before class and now we can't. True or not true?

Rather than include in some way all the religions in a class we chose to eliminate all. To me that means some group or person was intolerant to all.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310566 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine and everyone else on here that you don't agree with.
What I did say initially was that we were able to pray in school as a group before class and now we can't. True or not true?
Rather than include in some way all the religions in a class we chose to eliminate all. To me that means some group or person was intolerant to all.
No, what you said initially was that religion had been "banned" from schools, and you were wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Nutz 152,802
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min KiMare 49,754
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Earthling-1 46,556
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 21 min Earthling-1 32,620
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 25 min serfs up 121
US stocks start lower 30 min Go Blue Forever 17
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 31 min Squach 10,724
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr bab4 261,276
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr bab4 1,108,389
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 7 hr Logan 229
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••