Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,067
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294539 May 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Her remarks are true. It seems that everything that rises to a level of power corrupts itself. What Christ found hypocritical with the Jews, his Church also became just as concerned with self power and ultimately just as hypocritical.
What Rose was saying happened in the time before the reformation, greedy bishops and popes were very corrupt, they were flushed out and the Church became better . But in no way did we tell people not to read the bible. the peasants couldn't even afford a bible let alone read one.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294540 May 1, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
...whatever look up the history of indulgences.. look up the Reformation...I do not need classes.. i am not spouting anyghing...THEY BURNED THE BIBLES..but like Ink you can believe as you will..
I am most decidedly Not antiCatholic..
I think you misunderstood. You ahould know what the world was like back then. Also you should know the Church, most of the clergy helped the poor and needy, most people were illiterate and what they were taught came from Mass and they also learned by example from others like nuns and monks.
1 post removed
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294542 May 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Her remarks are true. It seems that everything that rises to a level of power corrupts itself. What Christ found hypocritical with the Jews, his Church also became just as concerned with self power and ultimately just as hypocritical.
Could not agree more
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294543 May 1, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>We do not believe in giving money to save our souls. Only the nobility knew how to read, peasants were...peasants . I think you picked up some anti -Catholic tracts and took them seriously. You have questions about the Church, go ask a priest. RCIA is a great clss to take to brush up on your knowledge of the church and is offered at all parishes. The Catechism would also help. Another thing, if you knew your church history, well you would know that we would never ban the Word of God.
John wycliff is only one example
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294544 May 1, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text> I think you misunderstood. You ahould know what the world was like back then. Also you should know the Church, most of the clergy helped the poor and needy, most people were illiterate and what they were taught came from Mass and they also learned by example from others like nuns and monks.
Absolutely the body of the Church..the clergy..nuns..all did then and thru the ages so much good. I said they were the frontrunners in charity.

But at that time the scriptures were in Latin..the translations were the issue and after those..the disseminatoon to the people..THE HIERARCHy of the Church hated thaT...burned the books and persecuted those wh did that..and Shakespeare wrote in the Middle ages.. obviously some people could read or have read to them..this did not all happen in a decade. It spanned a while like 200 years or so..

And thd Vatican was super political..and powerful..Kjngs allied with Rome for advantage. Some of the popes were Not divinely elected..near as I can see..IMHO

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294545 May 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's not really a joke. The kid grows up with no belief in judaism but has been mutilated soley for the sake of that religion. I believe that the parents have the right to raise their kids in their religion, but not to force unnecessary surgery on them for any reason. It's HIS body, and he should be the one to make that decision.
<quoted text>
Most Jewish kids where I come from, DO have beliefs in Judaism. I dont really know anyone that's ever "left" the faith per`se, and absolutely nobody (that I know of) that's questioned being circumcised at 8 days old in a religious ceremony - or not questioned it enough to not have their children circumcised as well. Its not surgery either, I've been to a few bris's, its a simple ceremony and done in less than 3 minutes.

I'm not saying its right, but it is what it is, and its not going to change anytime soon, particularly in the Orthodox and Hasidic communities.

Location hidden

#294546 May 1, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
It is male mutilation. You denounce all priests because a fraction of them abused children yet you defend a "religious" practice of mutilating male children.
Go bitch at G-d, its HIS rule.

Oh wait, I almost forgot, you ignore what religious rules and parts of the bible you dont like.
Hell, She isn't even a real Jew.
Actually I am Tomtom, whether YOU like it or not.
Real Rabbis do not perform weddings between people of the same sex.
Again, and as proven, you're wrong. In the Reform, Reconstructionist and Conservative sects, they certainly do. More and more in the Orthodoxy also do.

ALSO, gay marriage is 100% recognized in Israel and has been for many years.
You are just another proabortion pagan hypocrite, pagan. You also have a vile and filthy mouth, you are no lady.
And you are a phony, vile, fking phony xian hypocrite. I wont even dignify calling you a Chrisitan, because you're certainly not.

Location hidden

#294547 May 1, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You would make a joke out of the mutilation of male babies, you man hating lesbian. you are a sick person and a disgusting proabortion pagan.
Mutilating men gets you lezbos off. It is all about you self hatred and your penis envy. You will just have to continue to ear flannel shirts, a mullet and use a strap on with the "wife" in your bizarre relationship that is not officially sanctioned by any real Jewish religion.
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

**pat pat** You keep telling yourself all that you twit. Not one iota of it is true, but if it helps you sleep better at night, knock yourself out.

Literally even. LOL

Location hidden

#294548 May 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where other Jew executed by the Romans for breaking the laws of the Torah? I thought that the Romans allowed the Jews to take care of religious problems. Wasn't that what the Sanhedrin was for?
You're a MORON Inkstain. You asked what laws of the torah he broke. I gave you the biggest one. You idiot.

Location hidden

#294549 May 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe all Jewish sects use the same bible but they each choose what to believe and follow. They don't all follow the bible in the same way. Even the Pharisees and the Sadduces didn't agree.
AGAIN, you're a MORON Inkstain. The discussion was about the different translations OF the bible.

It would be REALLY nice if you bothered to actually follow a discussion and post in context before you mouth off about things you know nothing about.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294550 May 1, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>What Rose was saying happened in the time before the reformation, greedy bishops and popes were very corrupt, they were flushed out and the Church became better . But in no way did we tell people not to read the bible. the peasants couldn't
even afford a bible let alone read one.
Thing is..They were jn Latin..or Greek or Aramaic.. the bishops could read that...it was the translations.. snd the dpreading of those that was at issue

Remember thd early Chtistjans ghey eoukd get a letter say from Paul snd read it aloyd.

The English or German people did the same and bibles were one of the firsf things people learndd to read.. or parts of them..By the time they were printed there was a demand fot them

It was called the forbidddn book.. The church had people hunting them down and burning them

Location hidden

#294551 May 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty funny and not even a little accurate.
Well, yours is one meaningless opinion.@@

Location hidden

#294552 May 1, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do
Pkease read longs posts on last page..took me a long time to write..nit repeating for the third ir fourth time:)
Dont pay any attention to that one Rose, Inkstain likes to pontificate while playing stupid. Not worth your time.
Gtown71

United States

#294553 May 1, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said in one of my posts thatxwe had gospels and epistles.. we did kearn things IN the bible..We did not have any bible study AS THE RCC DOES NOW
Yes a lot of people in the middle ages did not read but a lot did or thexpribting press would probably not been invented..
But the Church did NOT want them reading it on their own..that they needed the Church the priests to interpret. If you are Christian..you believe that Christ came for this reason that we no longer needed the priests to know and worship God..he gave man the brains to print them but then they burned them. Priests and ministers help us understand for sure and some are very good.. but at that time for one example tge Chutch was selling indulgences..you could give the Church money to buy less time jn purgatory for your loved one...THIS IS NOT BIBLICAL..and one if the things the Reformation was against. So if plain people could read tge scriptures in their houses..things like this eould be seen..Even when ai was a kid we learned something about indulgences..but dont think we bought them we sais extra prayers..
That is just one example ..Again bible study was an offense back then. I was shocked to learn about some thjngs as an adult
IMHO. Catholics should know history unadulterated.. That does not make tge RCC bad or evil...
Its like not teaching about slavery in America...or about concentration camps in Europe..Stuff happened..
That is why I love thd bible..warts and all.
My pastor oftens says God wants people to come to Him "warts and all" :)
Which I believe is sound doctrine. A person cannot clean themselves up, and then go to God, they must come as they are, and any cleaning to be done comes from Him, so that He recieves the Glory, as He should. Even when we allow sanctification to take place in our lives, it would still be in vain, had Christ not began the work in us.

A religious spirit can get on anyone (saved or lost) and is a hard thing to shake. Many get comfortable in it. Many, it is all they know.

I enjoy your post, and can tell you know what you say, and in whom you believe. Being where you've been, it is refreshing that you didn't get "stuck" in the ditch of religion.

Looking back, as a child when I was carried to church each and every time, and it being the church of christ -I can see how I could've gotten very religious and staying there, after all I truly believed that the church of christ was the one true church, and the greatest on earth. That is what they teach.

I no longer believe this at all :)

I now attend a baptist church, but I am a christian first and for most.
Keep on keeping on rose, your post are refreshing and inspiring.

Location hidden

#294554 May 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry your ramblings interspersed with some truth and much nonsense is hard to follow.
Funny, the rest of us dont have any real problem understanding her.

You're just not that intelligent.
My questions only required a short precise answer.
Actually, they only require ridicule, as they're pretty stupid themselves.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294555 May 1, 2013
Hi foo well we have been arguing about this stuff all day..and I did apologize that ee kind of monopolized it but then was kind of deserted..

I posted this morning that since things get heated here msybe instead of cursing we can say go get your TurDle..
ans suggested googling TurDle jingle..The jingle totally cracked me up..They did a whole thing on the Doctors TMI tuesday..but not yhe jingle.
I know I have an odd sense of humor tho..but wotg a look and spelling is correct. I think Neo is the only one who looked...already told hubby today to go get one..lol he gets on my nerves..at times. Lol
curious one

Falls City, NE

#294556 May 1, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is..They were jn Latin..or Greek or Aramaic.. the bishops could read that...it was the translations.. snd the dpreading of those that was at issue
Remember thd early Chtistjans ghey eoukd get a letter say from Paul snd read it aloyd.
The English or German people did the same and bibles were one of the firsf things people learndd to read.. or parts of them..By the time they were printed there was a demand fot them
It was called the forbidddn book.. The church had people hunting them down and burning them
What religion are you?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294557 May 1, 2013
curious one wrote:
<quoted text>What religion are you?
CHRISTIAN. most recent affiliation was with a very small Baptist Church.and got bsptized...at yhe time it felt like home......also Calvary Chapel a few times..went to Methodist w dtr at Christmas. Went to Stations at thd Catholic Church for Good Friday

Unfortunately the Chuch got absorbed jngo a larger cogregation so dont go much now. But After being rsissd Catholic I was surprised to lkke the Baptist so much..They accepted md..Very non judgemental...just home. Between me and nh Lord.

Do most of my praying and reading etc at home for now:)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294558 May 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont pay any attention to that one Rose, Inkstain likes to pontificate while playing stupid. Not worth your time.
:) just confusing a bit
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#294559 May 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Lose power to whom? What were they afraid of? Jesus and his followers were only peaceful.
Jesus wanted people to know we are "all" chosen people in the eyes of God. the Jewish leadership at the time had a good thing going. they were living the high life. Jesus was a threat, however only the Romans could crucify someone. so they created a mob and in fear of another Jewish riot, the Romans killed Jesus.

The Jewish leadership wan not going to give up their privileges to everyone, so Jesus had to die,. he does for us all. His death ushered n a mighty new Kingdom of God on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,155,617
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min dirtclod 133,753
Illegal immigrant mother seeks refuge in Philad... 16 min Guess Who 7
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 17 min car007 467
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min IND 165,797
Issa's big dud: No White House connection to IR... 22 min Marine Corp Pat 12
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Mike 51,280
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 36 min barefoot2626 267
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Agents of Corruption 294,311
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 4 hr barefoot2626 930