Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,635
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285519 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's relevant to people of your religion. It's not relevant to American law. Deal with it.
The conversation wasn't about American Law.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285520 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it.
Prove that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence?

You can either get out a history book, go to Monticello website or read one of the biography's about him.

Was I in the room when he wrote it? No.

You're just trying to be silly.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285521 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say mormans have strange views, but don't we all.
I talked with a morman for half a night,and he was married to his secound wife, but when he dies he says he will be rejoined with the first wife. Any good morman that wants to make it to the third heaven must do a 2 year missionary trip. Plus other things they MUST do, in order to quailify for their god. Many, if not most in the christian faith put the work on the man (people) to do things which make them "worthy " of heaven. Yet if you went to church everyday, and only spoke wonderful words each day, working hard at your job, spending all of your spare time being concerned with the needs of others, and spent every dime you had, that was not absolutely for your needs, then you would still falll waaay far from the glory of God.
I put my faith and trust in the finished work of the cross, not my finished work.
Do we all have strange views? I don't.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285522 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that's the point behind vouchers. Parents having a choice where to send their own children for an education.
People who currently pay for private schooling are still taxed for public schools; therefore, they fund both public and private schools simultaneously. Vouchers and tax credits are intended to allow students and families to choose the school that best fits their needs.
Countries in Europe including Ireland, Sweden and the Netherlands already implement the voucher system.
There is no way the tax payers are going to foot the bill for private school.

PreK --$19,750.00

9-12--$30,26000

Everyone would choose private school. It's not going to happen.

Yes, I know people are taxed even though their kids go to private school.
1 post removed
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#285524 Feb 21, 2013
Politically Incorrect wrote:
Abortion is filthy, disgusting, vile, murderous and damndable. Abortion should be murder and carry a 18yr min sentence. If your stupid enough to believe a group of scientists ''personal point of view'' that a fetus is not a life...you are an idiot, in complete denial, and hear what you want to hear just to quell your guilt and even that still does not work. You feel guilty whether you admit it or not, but scum like pro choice would never admit truth when they themselves cannot even face it. Call it like I see it...next caller!
All souls live.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285525 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, he doesn't really mean "warning". What he really expects you to do is constantly nag at us to believe as you do. Or rather, as he does.
Yep.

One of the reasons I think it's Big Sky is he hasn't taken his preaching to another thread. He says he wants everyone to hear his "testimony". He thinks he's doing God's work. Well, he's gone as far as he's gonna go on this thread. Time to move on, wouldn't you think?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285526 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
He barely has a working knowledge of ENGLISH, you want the idiot to take it back to HEBREW?? ROFLMAO I love you STO, you silly optimist you! <<grin>>
lol

They say there's hope for everyone!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#285527 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Formaldehyde isn't used in hospital settings. J worked at Maryland General as microbiologist, and told me that it would have never been used at a nursing level for ANY reason.
Medical personnel aren't trained in the handling of formaldehyde, because the only time we are exposed to its use is in A&P lab. I wish Sappho would just admit that she made her story up.
1 post removed
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285529 Feb 21, 2013
Lately I've been getting the "Be Polite" warning for posts with no bad words, etc. Like this last one, above, to Foo.

??

Atrisco Village

#285530 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not something you should brag about.
But how do you feel about the 5 New Jersey judges who unanimously ruled that it's perfectly legal if a woman ingests narcotics or street drugs even 48 hours before delivering a full-term baby?
Are we numb at this point that life exists in theo womb 48 hours before delivering it?
It's been said that the measure of a civilization is how it treats its weakest members.
The unborn are the most vulnerable.
One can't be prosecuted for having drugs in one's system, only for possession or sales.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285531 Feb 21, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way the tax payers are going to foot the bill for private school.
PreK --$19,750.00
9-12--$30,26000
Everyone would choose private school. It's not going to happen.
Yes, I know people are taxed even though their kids go to private school.
What do you think the taxpayers pay for a child in public school?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/06/21/155...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285532 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in reaping what you've sown? Karma? What goes around, comes around?
Once you stop respecting human life in any phase of development, it could be just a matter of time when your life will seem irrelevant.
Once you decide one group of citizens isn't deserving of civil rights, it could be just a matter of time before you lose yours, too.

Atrisco Village

#285533 Feb 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise: "Why would you think we have to "cope" with abortion, when there's nothing wrong with it?"
It is abnormal for a mother to intentionally kill her own baby in utero.
Only a mother who lacks a conscience (sociopath) could go on unremorsef or regret-free for dismembering, squishing the beating heart, & crushing the skull of her preborn baby girl or boy.
I guess we know what you are.
Gosh, just think of all the millions of "sociopaths" roaming the earth freely. They're teaching your kids, tending to your medical needs, protecting your community, wearing American uniform, etc. Oh, the horror! Lol
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285534 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Formaldehyde isn't used in hospital settings. J worked at Maryland General as microbiologist, and told me that it would have never been used at a nursing level for ANY reason.
It was in the '70s and '80s for renal dialysis. It was the early '90s when my mom became a home-health nurse because patients could run in the comforts of their own homes. But twenty years prior, patients ran 3 times a week, 8hrs at a pop in a hospital setting. Don't take my word for it. Here's an old CDC article from the mid-'80s.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/0000...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285535 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes birth control can fail, but we don't have a problem with birth control failure, we have a problem with folks wanting to condone bad behavior, becouse we know that 3000 + abortions a day, are NOT due to bc failure, nor rape or incest. They are due to people living risky lifestyles, and want everyone to not only be ok with it, but help fund the ridding of their consiquences.
Tax payers pay for birth control, plus many other services, including a ride to and from doctors office, for those who need it, plus abortions regaurdless of how many times they say no.
Do you really think pro lifer's can trust people who make their living off of killing the unborn, to be honest with our money?
Why don't we just start paying for the motel rooms and party goods they use?
Do you have a problem with taxes going to prenatal care and WIC and hospital services to deliver and all the other services that come after?

The same kinds of people who party and practice all the "bad behavior" you don't condone are the people who choose to carry to term.

Abortion would be a lot cheaper for the taxpayer, wouldn't it? Why aren't you bitching about the women who carry to term and can't afford it out of pocket or have no insurance?
2 posts removed
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285538 Feb 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. False.
Contraceptive Use
54% of women having abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use. There is no contraceptive method that can prevent pregnancy 100% of the time.
46% percent of women who have abortion had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.
8% of women who have abortion have never used a method of birth control; non-use is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.
About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.
http://www.womenscenter.com/abortion_stats.ht...
2. Why aren't more woman using the MAP?
3. Unless it is a case of rape the woman is just as responsible for the pregnancy as the man.
All good reasons for education and cheap or free bc.

As you know, Sue, a lot of folks on the AC side think teaching how to avoid pregnancy and STDS causes more unintended pregnancy and STDs. So, they are staunchly against education. I know you're not one of them, but just in the last few weeks at least one AC poster on this thread has said as much.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285539 Feb 21, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>'bout time.
Ok. If you say so :)

Atrisco Village

#285540 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> WHy shouldn't anyone brag about protesting the lies of your kind?
<quoted text>
You're a lying sack of shit. THey did NOT say that. THey said its not evidence, IN AND OF ITSELF wasn't evidence of abuse or neglect.
They said NOTHING about it being illegal OR legal.
STOP LYING already.
YOu're making yourself look like an even BIGGER idiot that you already are.
I was administered morphine while I was in labor. Opiod use in pregnancy is not necessarily indicative of fetal abuse.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285541 Feb 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie received her right to have a chance at life. Now she's trying to deny others their right to life.
Definition of a prudish, self-centered, narcissistic sociopath.
Zero empathy or concern for others....none.......
All you have are lies and nonsense. A big fat nothing. Let me know when you're capable of providing an accurate description of me and my motives.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285542 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
Lately I've been getting the "Be Polite" warning for posts with no bad words, etc. Like this last one, above, to Foo.
??
That's what was happening last weekend to LNM and me. There were a bunch of posts pulled and I took the time to list them so people on both sides could see if any belonged to them. Have no clue if anyone bothered, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min - Lady Liberty - 262,306
Bill Clinton takes a shot at Netayahu 3 min barefoot2626 42
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 4 min Concern Citizen 2,776
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Tony Rome 1,110,351
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 153,514
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 9 min Cali Girl 2014 55,921
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min truth-facts 46,666
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 18 min spud 253
Opinion Line 2 hr kuda 60
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••