Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,948
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
STO

Vallejo, CA

#277739 Jan 18, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>She writes terribly. Did you know that she once wrote a 40 word run-on sentence? It was so bad it was good! She's fun.
She's the worst.

Then, like you said, she rationalizes her poor writing skills by claiming she meant to sound like a dumbass all along and THAT is supposed to teach us some "thing"! Too fun!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#277740 Jan 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is a caregiver in one respect or another. I'm sure that you have an important role but when it comes to a person feeling the need to 'confess' their past sins which might include an abortion and needing to be comforted that their God will forgive them and welcome them to heaven, you might not be up to the job. Do you think you could give them that reassurance?
Who said anything about confessing anything? Who said anything about me providing spiritual counsel? You are making stuff up. I said we listen and provide comfort measures. We do what we can, that's all. Relax, doll.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

#277741 Jan 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a troll. One who is currently posting against Foo.
I could say it was you the whole time. Who cares?
Besides, Foo made a mistake. I've never thought godless by choice was chicky.
She is just desperate to pretend that other people are as deceptive as she is. Its really quite sad. If that moron can't recognize my posting style vs a troll by now, she is clearly as stupid as I always knew she was. I have not posted here in months.
1 post removed
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

#277743 Jan 18, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
She's the worst.
Then, like you said, she rationalizes her poor writing skills by claiming she meant to sound like a dumbass all along and THAT is supposed to teach us some "thing"! Too fun!
I think it is safe to say there are not a whole lot of properly functioning brain cells in LyinLilyLynneDs head.
see the light

New Britain, CT

#277742 Jan 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
STO: "You mean people who can't read for comprehension means people who can't "read for comprehension?
lol
You didn't explain or clarify a damned thing."
lol, dummy. You people don't know when you're being mocked. Of course I didn't, because INTELLIGENT people would have understood what that meant already. Only people who [can't read for comprehension =(perception or understanding] wouldn't, like you.
You people can't read for understanding... of what you read.
STO: "If you want to say PC can't understand the meaning of what's written, you would use the phrase "reading comprehension", as in "The PL lack reading comprehension.""
When I word myself the way I do, I'm saying you people [can't read FOR (perception or understanding)] when I say "read for comprehension", as defined in # 3.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/compre...
comĚpreĚhenĚsion
[kom-pri-hen-shuh&#8201;n] Show IPA
noun
1. the act or process of comprehending.
2. the state of being comprehended.
3. perception or understanding:
You're being anal to try to claim I'm wrong in how I worded myself; you're trying to prove you're right and you're proving yourself wrong instead. That's all you people are skilled at here.
Funny stuff.
You sick old crone. Go take your meds and wipe the drool off your face.
1 post removed
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#277744 Jan 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen you all have the same lack of feeling toward a woman who might regret their abortion.'Deal with it or it doesn't happen' are your usual responses. I think you are all empty souless shells and I feel sorry for you.
What do you expect people to do besides state the obvious?

There are some women who regret their abortions. The majority do not. Studies have shown the majority of those who do regret are women who suffer from depression or other issues.

There is no post abortive stress syndrome. There is post-traumatic stress in which a woman who's aborted and regrets it may fall under, but it's not as often as you'd like it to be.

We've had this conversation so many times. I can't believe all you got out of it was how *everyone else* "are all empty souless shells and I feel sorry for you."

Maybe you need to seriously look at your expectations of others. Expectations sometimes lead to resentments when these go unmet. And yet, by nature, an expectation is not a sure thing.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

#277745 Jan 18, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>
A troll posting against foo? You deathers can posts against anyone you want but when it happens to you deathers its done by trolls? Why do you deathers act like yer shitz dont stink??
You are most likely the troll that pretended to be me. Lying in the name of jesus amen. Really sad. Watch out for hell!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#277746 Jan 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
She was making the point that there are many people in various lines of work whom people confide in and tell their woes to. Caregivers aren't the only ones.
She was also making the point that some people who listen care and some don't, including caregivers.
If I'm not mistaken, and I may be, Sassy had been talking about people regretting their abortions even if they don't admit it, and that they would admit it on their deathbeds.
I'll add that I think you're full of shit about yourself and the role you play in the lives of others, because if someone had an abortion they regret, and are on their deathbed, you may listen, but you wouldn't really care, because you haven't got the empathy for something like that, since your conscience is so dead to it.
That is exactly the point I have been trying to make to her but she is really hung up on her own importance, she can't understand that she spiritually doesn't have the skills to help someone meet their maker.
1 post removed
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#277748 Jan 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has outed me, Toots. There's nothing to out.
I agree with you. See? I have reading comprehension.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#277749 Jan 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
STO: "You mean people who can't read for comprehension means people who can't "read for comprehension?
lol
You didn't explain or clarify a damned thing."
lol, dummy. You people don't know when you're being mocked. Of course I didn't, because INTELLIGENT people would have understood what that meant already.
You're mocking yourself and don't realize it.

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Only people who [can't read for comprehension =(perception or understanding] wouldn't, like you.
You people can't read for understanding... of what you read.
STO: "If you want to say PC can't understand the meaning of what's written, you would use the phrase "reading comprehension", as in "The PL lack reading comprehension.""
When I word myself the way I do, I'm saying you people [can't read FOR (perception or understanding)] when I say "read for comprehension", as defined in # 3.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/compre...
comĚpreĚhenĚsion
[kom-pri-hen-shuh&#8201;n] Show IPA
noun
1. the act or process of comprehending.
2. the state of being comprehended.
3. perception or understanding:
You're being anal to try to claim I'm wrong in how I worded myself; you're trying to prove you're right and you're proving yourself wrong instead. That's all you people are skilled at here.
Funny stuff.
"When I word myself the way I do, I'm saying you people [can't read FOR (perception or understanding)]"

Darlin, I know what you are trying to say. I'm telling you the grammar contradicts your intention.

Let's try it this way.

Example: "Read for comprehension" used in the sentence, "You can't read for comprehension."

Whose comprehension is being read for?

Atrisco Village

#277747 Jan 18, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
She's the worst.
Yes, she's deliberately stupid. How clever of her. Pssht...
2 posts removed
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#277750 Jan 18, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>
A troll posting against foo? You deathers can posts against anyone you want but when it happens to you deathers its done by trolls? Why do you deathers act like yer shitz dont stink??
Because we don't hide who we are. Duh.

I am always Katie here. Always.

Who are you? BS? BA? RC? NR?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#277751 Jan 18, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Who said anything about confessing anything? Who said anything about me providing spiritual counsel? You are making stuff up. I said we listen and provide comfort measures. We do what we can, that's all. Relax, doll.
Good to hear that you know that you are limited in the comfort that you can do. That's why you never heard anyone be remorseful for an abortion.

You have made it sound like you were privy to the most imntimate details of a dying person's life. Not so.
see the light

New Britain, CT

#277752 Jan 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I got laid out.
You mean *laid* like you got pistoned sexually? Or do you mean *laid out* like in a coffin?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#277753 Jan 18, 2013
intimate typing too fast.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#277754 Jan 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes You have called me and all others that disagree with you a liar.
Yet I've never lied on this forum.
Mispoken perhaps -lied -no
You're lying right now. You've called people murderers, "baby killers" who've done nothing but make a medical choice to abort.

NOT ONE WOMAN that's had a safe and legal abortion has "murdered" ANYONE.
You are like most, and watch all people of faith, incase they "mess up ", so you can point at them at say LIAR!
Newsflash -even if christians tell lies at times, it don't mean they are not christians.
Sorry sparky, those that DELIBERATELY lie and bear false witness are nothing but PHONY Christian.
Yet I caught you "in the very act " of lying about abortion numbers, and you are to proudfull to just admit you were wrong.
SOrry Sparky, you're lying again. But hey, feel free to show a post where I was discussing "abortion numbers".
You get very angry easy.
ROFLMAO! Y'know, your kind are funny! You take being told to fk-off with your religious babble that's MEANINGLESS to those of other faiths as "anger".

Sorry dear. You're wrong. Again. No "anger" here, I find you pathetic actually.

If you want to see anger, just TRY to actually force your religous bullshit on others, or legislate those views, THEN You'll see anger.
It is ok to hear other voices
No actually, they have medication for that nowdays dear. You should seek help and get some prescribed for you if you're hearing voices.
-why do you wish all the disagree'rs would go away?
Even those that disagree with me "which are many. Lo " their voice is still important,even to me :)
Oh your voice is VERY important, if only to keep the spolight on the worst your version of "faith" has to offer. I dont wish you'd go away. If anything, you're your own worst enemy, and CERTAINLY the enemy of your agenda.

You and others like you seem to take pride in being a REALLY terrible example of what your "faith" has to offer, and I do find that puzzling.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#277755 Jan 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a troll. One who is currently posting against Foo.
I could say it was you the whole time. Who cares?
Besides, Foo made a mistake. I've never thought godless by choice was chicky.
She's not. They are two different people. LynneD's just desperate. Like somehow, someone else posting under a different screen name will take away from her dishonesty.

Location hidden

#277756 Jan 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not judging anyone
Of course you are. Its an ongoing sin of yours.
-just saying -sin exsist -hell is real .
"sin" is in the eye of the beholder, and your kind's hell is bullshit and COMPLETE nonsense. But YOU are certainly free to believe in it. More power to you in that. Got to remain terrified of death huh? Poor thing.

Location hidden

#277757 Jan 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it would be great if all were wise, for we wouldn't even be talking about abortion.
If you were wise, you'd mind your own business.

Atrisco Village

#277758 Jan 18, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly the point I have been trying to make to her but she is really hung up on her own importance, she can't understand that she spiritually doesn't have the skills to help someone meet their maker.
If something comes up that I can't do, it's my job to order or initiate whatever services the patient needs. What do you think a hospice nurse does? Helping someone meet their maker is exactly what we do, dear. If a patient wants an Imam, a monk, and a guru, a shaman, a priest, chaplain, or a holy clown, we contact the resource that will make it happen. Don't worry, we can handle it without your "help."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 3 min MtnClmbr 7
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Bonnie 292,505
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min SobieskiSavedEurope 131,731
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 3 min tha Professor 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,678
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,152,932
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 min JAX 201,148
Elizabeth Warren was told to stay quiet, but sh... 8 min serfs up 133
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 12 min Lawrence Wolf 234
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 1 hr inbred Genius 546