Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311360 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#272951 Dec 29, 2012
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
What if a child is born and not breathing. In your "scientific" sceanario you let it lay there until God blows wind in its face. You would allow it to die, not surprised.
What if a woman/girl has a life threatening pregnancy as in these cases:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland...

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/05/25/49...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

and the CC would allow them to die instead of giving them a life saving abortion? AND that is exactly what they WISH to do!!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#272952 Dec 29, 2012
You think the plight of the jews drew us into WW2? Not even close. Not even a factor.

The problem for you is that people differ on the concept of human life. Yours is not the ony definition, nor is it necessarily correct.No woman should have to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term just because you think it's a nifty thing to do.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Say this was 1943, and you knew that the Nazis were killing Jews in gas chambers, would you want to save some of them? Moreover, since Europe is thousands of miles away from America, what happens to Jews in Europe doesn't affect you in ANY way, shape or form, correct?
Edmund Burke said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Do not allow evil to triumph. Do not do sit by and do nothing."
I think everyone should care directly about what happens to human life, whether when it is developing inside the womb or outside the womb.

Indianapolis

#272953 Dec 29, 2012
People have sex because we have a sex drive, with the ability to orgasm. We will do so even when reproduction is clearly impossible.

A question I've never seen you twits explain is why the anorectal area has a complete and discrete set of erogenous nerve bundles connected to the pleasure center of the brain. You can achieve orgasm solelythrough rctal stimulation. Why would that be if the ony eason for sex was reproduction?
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
"Procreation is NOT the only reason for having sex, and parenthood is still an option which women and men can reject."
Actually biologically and scientifically it is the reason for havong sex. Yes all you old dried up pagans still want it but that is part of your hardwired process for procreation being it is the primary goal of any species.
It is funny to read some of the more self proclaimed intelligent pagans dance around this biological fact.
Many older people lose interest in sex, some not as much. Still doesn't change the facts. Since most of you pagan chicks have been wanting it since your early teens it is no surprise you confuse your sex hangups with biology.
Maybe it is biology trying to compensate for all the unborn children you destoryed or prevented from being conceived.
You were enginered to bear children just as men were enginered to help you procreate.

Indianapolis

#272954 Dec 29, 2012
Or maybe the boy of his dreams will be in his 2nd grade english class.

If you are going to argue destiny, then we can just as easily say the abortion was destined to happen.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
It may not affect me directly, but it may directly affect the future happiness of my 2 yr nephew though. The woman that he is destined to marry twenty years from now just may be a developing female baby/fetus in some woman's womb right now.
Now if the mother of that female baby/fetus is scheduled to have an abortion on Monday, then she will be killing my nephew's future wife.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#272955 Dec 29, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, OCEAN is honest and realistic. Raising children is not all rainbows and glitter. I'm raising a child with Tourette's and OCD and learning disabilities, something you know nothing about, and I'm doing a good job of it, but when Ocean speaks of colic my Tourette's/OCD child had what I would call grand mal colic, among other unexpected difficulties. My coworker has raised a severely autistic son who is now 20 and still in high school and he will never be able to live independently. She'll be taking care of her son forever.
You have no right to judge other parents until you walk in their shoes, and you have no right to treat Ocean like shit because she's honest enough to speak the truth and is firmly planted in reality.
Your rainbow and glitter bullshit just shows how out of touch and clueless you really are, and that you know absolutely nothing about raising special needs children. It's a harder job than you could ever do, and that's why your God never called upon you to do it.
Not everyone experiences negative experiences. The stuff that ocean list along with her attack on stay at home mothers is unrealistic and an attack on motherhhod in general.

I dont pretend to truly understand the hardships of raising special needs children but we ALL have our own crosses to bear in life. Everything in life can be a challenge ....families, spouses, friendships, jobs, neighbors
but we dont strive on negativity or we'd just be continually depressed.

Personally i focus on and count my blessings :)
Btw you don't know what I've been through so stop acting like i have rose colored glasses on..
P

Indianapolis

#272956 Dec 29, 2012
That's the purpose of your existence? You are truly pathetic.
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Procreation is the purpose of our exisitence. It bears no commonality with various illnesses. That is the problem you proabortion pagans have always had. You place no value on the unborn child, so it is no more than a cold or virus in your pagan minds.
It seems that once you go full blown pagan your critical thinking skill stay behind.

Indianapolis

#272957 Dec 29, 2012
Aaaand...tommyboy demonstrates the stygian depths of his ignorance.

"Normality" is a worthless standard--would you rather see a doctor with a 150 IQ or one with the normal "100"? Should we only send "normal" level athletes to the olympics?

Homoexuality is neither the result of trauma nor a defect. You just don't like it, mostly because you're an insecure adolescent.
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
I must agree with you on this one. Homosexuality has been around forever and in all species, that does not make it normal. It is caused by some trumatic event early in life or as a genetic defect.
So yes it exists, yes it has always been around but no it is not normal.
Just another nod to pseudo-feel good- science.
I have no problem with you lezbos and homos but you are abnormal. Nothing to be done about it, so I really don't give it much thought. The fate of unborn children is much more important.
We must care for all of Gods creatures, even you guys.

Indianapolis

#272958 Dec 29, 2012
We're not all breeding stock; we have more important things to do.
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>If two men or two women were meant to be together as normal then there wouldbe no need for sexual intercourse with anyon else in order to procreate. The mere fact that your gf or you MUST hook up sexually with a man is showing that something is not right.

Indianapolis

#272959 Dec 29, 2012
Prove your god exists. until then, your primitive superstitions mean nothing to anyone.
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>There are many who have homosexual tendencies (gay or bisexual) that acknowledge the fact that it is not normal or that God forbids it.nThey go to God for help with their temptations.
Again, no more or less than a heterosexual who has sexual urges to fornicate or for a married spouse to have sexual feelings for another.
Sin is sin. God made us all and because of our sinful nature, he understands our struggles.
"""'You saying God makes mistakes""" """"
How ironic coming from a proabort.

Indianapolis

#272960 Dec 29, 2012
Really? Religious practices caused the black plague--the wholesale slaughter of cats allowed rats to breed unchecked. The cats were seen as being in league with satan and were eradicated wherever they could be found.

As a gay atheist, I have NEVER had an STD. I don't need divine intervention; i know what I'm doing.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing, how if all people lived according to Gods word, then all diseases, and abortions would disapear. Sexual transmited diseases.
even if they didn't believe in God, the principle would work the same.
Thank you for standing up, for the RIGHTS of Gods smallest, greatest, creations :)
zach

Phoenix, AZ

#272961 Dec 29, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Or maybe the boy of his dreams will be in his 2nd grade english class.
If you are going to argue destiny, then we can just as easily say the abortion was destined to happen.
<quoted text>
You sick bastard.....you are drooling all over your boyfriends boner you sick homo.....LMFAO

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#272962 Dec 29, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thing, Karma: Foo expressed her SENTIMENTS regarding adoption - sentiments which belie her supposed "prochoice" beliefs.
I correctly & appropriately exposed Foo's inconsistencies. I spoke to her expressed SENTIMENTS, while you grasped onto her "legislative" statement like a white-knuckled monkey.
Hope that helps....
see here relativism, its kinda relative. Foo said she would LIKE to see orphaned kids here in America adopted before U.S. citizens go over seas to adopt

unlike your position where you would like to FORCE ALL AMERICAN WOMEN TO FOLLOW YOUR BELIEFS ABOUT ABORTION

Her PROCHOICE position is allow American women the FREEDOM TO make personal health decisions themselves and not have others FORCE women to follow the religious dogma of others.

there was nothing to grasp at.

Its plain and simple

Its called RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, something you do not obviously believe in

BTW RELIGIOUS FREEDOM DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE ALL "FREE" TO FOLLOW YOU DOGMATIC RELIGION.

Foo, unlike you doesn't believe in FORCING Americans to follow her beliefs
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#272963 Dec 29, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
People have sex because we have a sex drive, with the ability to orgasm. We will do so even when reproduction is clearly impossible.
A question I've never seen you twits explain is why the anorectal area has a complete and discrete set of erogenous nerve bundles connected to the pleasure center of the brain. You can achieve orgasm solelythrough rctal stimulation. Why would that be if the ony eason for sex was reproduction?
<quoted text>
I don't think that you understand the whole sexual process.

Sex creates a bondness and God made it incredibly desirable so that we'd want to do it. It's purpose is to continue the human race. The married couple are considered one flesh. Lovemaking allows them to come together and bond in the most special intimate way..God will then create a life with that co-operation if he wills it.

Anything can trigger sexual feelings. Nerve endings are all over our bodies that are involved with our sexuality.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#272964 Dec 29, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me rephrase it then...
How many adoptable children would there be each year in the US if zygotes, blastocysts, embryos or fetuses were not aborted each year?
GEE considering the hundreds of thousands of U.S. children already in orphanages and you want to add more.

considering the millions of U.S. children who are unwanted, being abused daily, living on the streets with no future and you want to add to that population.

let me guess, you're a Christian right. Only a Christian would condemn someone to a life of, pain, suffering, loveless hell on Earth, and claim they are doing it because they love them.

this is why I disdain religion and the holier than thou hypocrits, the damn evangelical fundamentalist christians....

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#272965 Dec 29, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a new day. Almost a new year.
Indeed it is. And it took almost that long for you to see the light on the true meaning of viability.
How'd you ride out Sandy? How've you been coping?
Well, I hope. Not too much damage?
Didn't get hit that bad here in the garden spot of the world. But have been helping Doc jr as his home in south Queens near the shore got hit hard.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#272966 Dec 29, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>If both hetersexual and homosexual people are able to procreate, exempting the people who are born sterile, then Nature intends all people to procreate. If homosexuality was a built-in trait/gene in human DNA from our race's very beginning, then I believe the DNA of homosexual people would have been altered over the millions of years to make homosexual people sterile -- they would be born sterile since they should be pre-destined, due to their built-in homosexuality, not to procreate.

But since all humans are able to pro-create, again exempting the people who are born sterile, then Nature saw no reason to alter the DNA of the people who are supposely born homosexual. It was not altered because it would make no sense, from an evolutionary standpoint, that any animal be born sterile. Nature wants all animals to procreate.

Thus any human that chooses not to procreate suffers from a psychological problem and not a DNA/genetic problem.
Mighty garrulous claims. With what form of empirical evidence sinuous back that up?

If nature intended for people to procreate, no one would be born sterile.

And whenever you're ready, you can answer my question about choosing to be heterosexual, Because you haven't yet.
2 posts removed
Kenose

East Meadow, NY

#272969 Dec 29, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> The bible is the word of God. God is clear about what he approves of and what he doesn't. He gives us commandments and lets us know will deny us eternity with him (in his kingdom).
Clearly hell is mentiond in the bible. The name may not be exclusively labeled hell but the concept of being denied entrance into heaven is clear. Our free will choices determine our eternity. God wills nobody be lost but unfortunately our unrepentant sins will leadd us to eternal damnation. While on earth, we have total control of our destiny. We either choose God or we don't by our words and actions.
You can't sit here even as toxic as you are and claim that we all will be given our reward in heaven. It is just not even common sense to think that the bible is the word of God yet if we say no to him that we be with him for eternity. Our free will was given to us SPECIFICALLY so that we could CHOOSE him or not.
Please prove the bible is the word of God.

You are in denial about "hell". Your religions distortion of the word has no biblical evidence to support its use within your faith. Then again, you're a fundie
Kenose

East Meadow, NY

#272970 Dec 29, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Well then you know what? How about we start waking up to the fact that men are using women for their own self gratification and care neither for them or the child they helped create. Why punish the innocent childs life by killing?
That is why God forbids sex outside marriage.
The forbidden fruit tastes sweet but rots faster. In other words, a moments pleasure isn't worth all the grief that accompanies it .
You're a walking double standard. Go drive through towns on Long Island "under water" some more.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#272971 Dec 29, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's the purpose of your existence? You are truly pathetic.
<quoted text>
Nah, what's REALLY pathetic is the way you shrivel up and tuck yourself into a fetal position every time you see one of my posts you snivelling coward...

.....and then try to claim that you don't respond to Doc because he 'natters on about trivialities". But then you continue to tell zach for the 40th time how it's impossible to insult a gay man by insinuating he likes oral sex with another man.

Quick....zach's got another post for you above. Hurry up and respond. But don't dare touch your blatant ignorance and contradictions regarding the definition of a word that is an integral component of abortion and RvW.

Cowardly slob.
Gtown71

United States

#272972 Dec 29, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Really? Religious practices caused the black plague--the wholesale slaughter of cats allowed rats to breed unchecked. The cats were seen as being in league with satan and were eradicated wherever they could be found.
As a gay atheist, I have NEVER had an STD. I don't need divine intervention; i know what I'm doing.
<quoted text>
I agree, that you do Know what you're doing.

What happens if your partner doesn't ?

A little late if the condom breaks.

As a former atheist of 20 years, And being woken up by a God, I never believed in. I have found the truth.

I said sexual transmited diseases.

If people remained virgins untill married, and stayed married, only having sex with their spouse, then it would do away with most all we deal with negative.
Divorce -gone
Abortions -gone
Std's -gone

The need to have our sins forgiven -not gone.

The same hell gays go to, is the same hell straight people go.
The same hell whores go to -is the same hell virgins go to.
A person can stop drinking, and go to hell sober.

I'm soo thankful, God woke me up at my home, at 1:30 am, and after I just yeilded to Him, He changed my life forever!!

May the same God, that saved my soul, save yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Denny CranesPlace 1,396,245
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Chicagoan by Birth 3,556
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques Orleans 217,009
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min Thinking 20,176
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Uncle Tab 228,876
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 7 min Now_What 1,260
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 8 min Mikey 6,669
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 8 min spud 375
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 15 min barefoot2626 539
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 40 min Sharrp Shooter 388,363
More from around the web