Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314719 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#268835 Dec 6, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking those numbers would be attached to these numbers 770 and 779 to specify if a D&C was used or not. But the code for abortion with D&C is all by itself and the code for abortion without D&C is all by itself. Meaning, the D&C procedure is not different for the type of abortion experienced which is what you've continuously claimed in error.
A bit of friendly advice; Triple L's and your cups of stupidly stubborn seem to've runneth over, NR.
Katie: "Your cup of stupidly stubbornseems to've runneth over, NR."

Katie: "The code for abortion with D&C is all by itself and the code for abortion without D&C is all by itself. Meaning, the D&C procedure is not different for the type of abortion experienced which is what you've continuously claimed in error."

The problem w/ your 'logic' is 770 & 779 are Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs). They are not codes for specific diagnoses or procedures. They encompass related - but various - diagnoses. Medicare patients in each respective group would be expected to utilize hospital resources at similar levels (but not same exact procedures/treatments). Hospitals are reimbursed a predetrmined amount for Medicare patients within each DRG.

You read the DRG title and made assumptions that would be favorable to your argument. It's an unsubstantiated leap.

Nice try, though.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#268836 Dec 6, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking those numbers would be attached to these numbers 770 and 779 to specify if a D&C was used or not. But the code for abortion with D&C is all by itself and the code for abortion without D&C is all by itself. Meaning, the D&C procedure is not different for the type of abortion experienced which is what you've continuously claimed in error.
A bit of friendly advice; Triple L's and your cups of stupidly stubborn seem to've runneth over, NR.
I find it interesting that you latched onto Medicare's DRG reimbursement system to argue D&C abortions.

I don't know many people on Medicare who are pregnant from rape/incest, or whose lives are at risk from pregnancy.

Do you, Katie?
2 posts removed

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#268839 Dec 7, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo: How typically dishonest of No Relevance to leave out one of the more important lines in that article:
"The report recommends that nurses specializing in informatics work with interdisciplinary teams to modify clinical documentation and workflow." Not all nurses are involved in billing and coding dear.
Elise: He doesn't know what informatics is. He doesn't know that nursing is a wide open profession and many specialties in nursing do not involve patient care. He is ignorant and needs to shut up.
The report recommends that you familiarize yourself w/ coding to improve your "documentation & workflow." You work on a clinical interdisciplinary team, dear. Your knowledge of coding improves chances for reimbursement.
You know what, honey? You are more than welcome to come to my job and tell the DON how to do her job. She instructs us on our responsibilities. We staff nurses, including the charge nurses, do not worry about medical codes. None of my fellow nurses that work on the floor, anywhere have to deal with billing. We are responsible for proper documentation. End of issue. You can Google to your little hearts content; you are not on the job and you know nothing.

Location hidden

#268840 Dec 7, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
i did. you're wrong.
stupid too.
No, you didn't, obviously.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#268841 Dec 7, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that you latched onto Medicare's DRG reimbursement system to argue D&C abortions.
I don't know many people on Medicare who are pregnant from rape/incest, or whose lives are at risk from pregnancy.
Do you, Katie?
I find it interesting that you're trying to distance yourself from the info contained in the link provided by you in attempts to prove others wrong.
3 posts removed
Ocean56

AOL

#268845 Dec 7, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, my mom DID die recently, and the law required certain procedures for disposing of the remains. My mother will always live in our hearts and minds; the body was cremated.
<quoted text>
Sorry, I missed the post..
My condolences to you and your family
I missed this post as well, CP. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#268846 Dec 7, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> You've claimed that a woman is pregnant even after her fetus is dead.
I will repeat for the third and final time: If you were pregnant and then miscarried, would you answer "yes " if asked by someone, if you were pregnant?.
A simple yes or no will suffice.
If you want to dodge it again, I will understand and bid you a buh bye and good night ;)
The point, Stupid Sassy, that I was discussing, is that there has BEEN no miscarriage. That's what a MISSED miscarriage MEANS, you Idiot. Your question doesn't apply. If the miscarriage were complete, then the woman would not BE pregnant. If the fetus is still inside her uterus, then it's NOT complete, and she is still pregnant.

Again, I ask you, could you please explain to us all what a MISSED period is, or a MISSED appointment?
2 posts removed

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#268849 Dec 7, 2012
I can just see NR in the hospital, castigating nurses for not telling him the ICD codes involved in his treatment.

Why do these morons argue about things they know nothing about?
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You know what, honey? You are more than welcome to come to my job and tell the DON how to do her job. She instructs us on our responsibilities. We staff nurses, including the charge nurses, do not worry about medical codes. None of my fellow nurses that work on the floor, anywhere have to deal with billing. We are responsible for proper documentation. End of issue. You can Google to your little hearts content; you are not on the job and you know nothing.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#268850 Dec 7, 2012
Thanks!
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed this post as well, CP. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#268851 Dec 7, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
Where do you get your info from? "Very few Catholics are born into the religion
Oh, so you're saying that all Catholics are born Catholics? Then why are babies baptized into the religion?
sassyliciouus wrote:
What do you mean that you "didnt drive a human to be killed"?
Oh, so you can read? Too bad you don't comprehend well.
sassyliciouus wrote:
What was in that womans womb other than a human?
I'm sure you're going to tell me what you think was in there.

Dweeb, I've not lost a single wink of sleep in more than 30 years about it. What makes you think I will now?
sassyliciouus wrote:
You saw pictures(ultrasounds) of your son and daughter while in utero. THEY weren't human? WTH did you impregnate? A cow? A horse?
Wait...they are part of you...do you mean to tell me that you aren't human?
"<quoted text>
I guess not then. Maybe I'm Bigfoot!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#268852 Dec 7, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to stop p luyi9ng.
Would you help a woman who choose to abort her eight month old "fetus", achieve her "choice?"
It's illegal to abort 8 month old fetus's just for sh*ts and giggles.
worships reality

AOL

#268853 Dec 7, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was expressing my pity toward you. Deal with it.
no you weren't. that would have been "i pity you". sorry is an expression of apology. maybe you were sorry that you pitied me. either way, it's an apology.
damn you're stupid.
The discussion was about a missed miscarriage. By medical definition, she most certainly is still pregnant until the fetus is removed.[QUOTE]

not if the fetus is dead she isn't.
here's my link.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

show me yours

[QUOTE]Maybe YOU'LL answer my questions. Could you explain to us all what a missed period is, or a missed appointment?
a period that you missed.
an appointment that you missed.

can you explain to us all what the medical definition of pregnant is?

Location hidden

#268854 Dec 7, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "The code for abortion with D&C is all by itself and the code for abortion without D&C is all by itself. Meaning, the D&C procedure is not different for the type of abortion experienced which is what you've continuously claimed in error."
The problem w/ your 'logic' is 770 & 779 are Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs). They are not codes for specific diagnoses or procedures. They encompass related - but various - diagnoses. Medicare patients in each respective group would be expected to utilize hospital resources at similar levels (but not same exact procedures/treatments). Hospitals are reimbursed a predetrmined amount for Medicare patients within each DRG.
You read the DRG title and made assumptions that would be favorable to your argument. It's an unsubstantiated leap.
Nice try, though.
What exactly is it you're trying to prove?

Location hidden

#268855 Dec 7, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I can just see NR in the hospital, castigating nurses for not telling him the ICD codes involved in his treatment.
Why do these morons argue about things they know nothing about?
<quoted text>
I guess they think everyone else is as clueless as they.
worships reality

AOL

#268856 Dec 7, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, molar pregnancy. No fetus even though fertilization occurred, the abnormal growth will trigger the body to have symptoms of pregnancy.
having symptoms of pregnancy doesn't mean you're pregnant.

exactly?
worships reality

AOL

#268857 Dec 7, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Hormonal activity, circulatory activity, even continued expansion of the uterus can continue even when the fetus is rotting; that is why women are supposed to have frequent check-ups. What do you cll it when everything continues except for the fetus?
<quoted text>
call it whatever you want but don't call it pregnant.
it's not, stupid.

Location hidden

#268858 Dec 7, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you ninnies love that context thing don't you? it's your default answer when you're proven wrong.
<quoted text>
yes it does.
<quoted text>
who said she couldn't? but until she does if all she's carrying in her uterus is a dead fetus, by definition (medical definition that is) she is not pregnant.
there's no shame in being wrong. embrace it.
I'm not wrong. you said "all accepted definitions of 'pregnant' specify "developing" and that is not true. Your link has a disclaimer did you read it?
DISCLAIMER
All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#268859 Dec 7, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It's illegal to abort 8 month old fetus's just for sh*ts and giggles.
That's the usual fallback -- later term abortions. Even though these represent only about 2% of annual abortions, even though these are usually the tragic results of wanted pregnancies, PLMers choose to believe damn near every single abortion is done on a full term fetus for no other reason than the woman is tired of being pregnant or suddenly wants to vacation in her bikini.

It is offensive how little some of these people seem to regard women and their ability to determine their pregnancies. jmo

Location hidden

#268860 Dec 7, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
having symptoms of pregnancy doesn't mean you're pregnant.
exactly?
If fertilization has taken place and implantation has taken place you're pregnant. So no not all definitions of pregnant are accepted. The ones that matter most are the scientific and federal definitions of pregnant since the federal government is involved in reproductive rights now and neither say "developing".
Katie

Seattle, WA

#268861 Dec 7, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, though.
In accounting code, there are sets of numbers attached to create a long string of numbers that actually tell a story to those who know how to read 'em. I am thinking medical coding is similar.

So in this instance, from the link and info you supplied (in vain attempts to prove PC wrong), it was shown that 634 is used to mean spontaneous abortion. Codes 770 and 779 are used to show if D&C was used following the abortion. Hence, you'd attach 634 to the pertinent number to indicate if D&C was done or not. It might look like this -- 634770 or 634-770 -- OR it might look like this -- 634779 or 634-779. I'm not a medical coder, but I've spent plenty of time learning accounting code, NR, and I don't think these are dissimilar coding systems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Aquarius-WY 1,549,541
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min bad bob 7,849
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 2 min TRUMP 45 684
News Trump's poll numbers are in a very, very bad place 6 min RiccardoFire 451
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 7 min CodeTalker 3
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 9 min Ronold From Ponoma 59
News News 11 Mins Ago Top Republican to press for $7... 9 min CodeTalker 26
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min CodeTalker 274,941
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 3 hr CodeTalker 174
More from around the web