Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
248,241 - 248,260 of 305,423 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know I am disputing your false claims against me. You took off with this conversation without any interest in seeing where people are actually coming from, what their perspectives are, why they are, or showing an ability to learn something or share something interesting. Your goal the entire time was trying to "discredit" PCers. I jumped into the middle of the fray and tried to sort things out for you. Tried to help you see where people are coming from, tried explaining where I'm coming from.
Bottom line, you weren't interested, took things out of context, replied sometimes weeks later (this conversation has been ongoing for two years now), but mostly just rehashed old ground over and over and over again like a day repeated over and over and over again (Groundhog's Day, anyone?). You kept insisting people were wrong and liars, and stupid. All while you kept beating your own chest and demanding you were right.
So, yes, I have disputed your false accusations, your continual use of taking words out of context (while calling people liars and stupid), all while trying to keep to the point by following the KISS rule.
Making general unsubstantiated claims like you're disputing "false claims" against you tells me nothing.
Be specific. Exactly what are you disputing ?
Because so far you've agreed with everything I've said.
the don

Franklin Square, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did. You said an infant born at 24 weeks has a "50/50 CHANCE of REACHING viability.
IF it has a chance of REACHING viability that means it is not yet VIABLE. If it is not yet VAIBLE that means it is NOT VIABLE.
It is not viable yet you are saying it has a chance of reaching viability. Explain how a non viable infant would reach viability ?
Would medical assistance be involved ?
you still alive doc ...and a Rex Ryan fan no less, lol

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Significantly more people are government dependent under Obama than when he took office.
Can you back that up Doc? I've been looking and can't find any non-partisan statistics that backs your view. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious to how you came to that conclusion AND how you tied that to Obama directly given the state of the economy when he took office.

In fact, one thing I DID find, was that the national debt went up $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency and has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office. According to the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department, it will continue to rise, regardless of who's president.

Factually, this isn't even remotely close to the highest the national debt ever was, which was 121% of GDP after WW2.

I can't find much of anything on statistics from the Bush era to now, regarding public dependancy on government however.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that? Is it possible that unemployment is a factor?
One reason that Obama has not made progress is due to a hostile house? Perhaps that will change with this election. Hope does spring.
Vote Obama 2012
Agreed!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion it does suck. We can vote independent,but very few bother to see who's running and what their policies are on that ticket,or any other ticket for that matter. In some states,their not even on the ticket,if you bother to research them. Why not open the debate for others running for president? How can anyone really know someone outside the 2 party system without a debate. I think that pretty much sucks. Yikes! the 15% rule is upsetting.
Part of this is in part due to the electoral college I believe. That's what keeps many off the ballots entirely if I'm not mistaken.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>In small towns like yours and mine creating jobs by bringing in new business is all low level politics. About 10 years ago we were a dry city, not county. Our county stretches through 3 small cities. Well when the rich wanted to buy some property to open up a bar and grill, he had no trouble doing that. But can we get Hooters or any other type sports bar that sells beer or liquor by the drink? Nope. Can't even get a liquor store here. Manufacturing, John Deere wanted to build a plant here, but no. Our property taxes are so high and the local politicians wouldn't cut John Deere a deal. But let a Japanese company come here to build a plant and they're willing to deal.
Aint that the truth! Even for some small businesses, trying to get a tax break that's given to the big box stores doesn't work. Its ridiculous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> If Obama gets reelected, many businesses will cut their forty hour a week jobs to thirty two, stopping benefits that full time employees get.
Clearly you haven't been in the real world for some time Knutbar, that's been going on for years now, since the Bush adminstration. It doesn't have anything to do with Obama.
Then all the charities who are Catholic won't be able to help because the govt will fine them and will put the heads of the charities and bishops, priests who run schools and nuns who help at Catholic hospitals in jail for not having insurance.
Asinine paranoia, thy name is Knutbar.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, not the old days is it lol when they traveled by train, stood on a wooden stage and shouted for votes.
Reminds me of sports salaries. Ridiculous!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a small start-up business succeed? Most Mom & Pop shops have gone the way of the dinosaur. We have large box stores and huge corporations. I've been keeping an eye on JCP and Sears. JCP is in trouble - they should stick with home decorating and forget fashion. Meanwhile Sears should stick with appliances - find a niche and work it, work it, work it.
That's how the small businesses DO succeed today, niche sales. That's what kept me going successfully for 9 years. The problem today is that the niche has to be aimed almost exclusively at those with disposable incomes, and hope it works....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> Corn is in everything you consume, and along with the reduction of hours and everything else I posted, you will be hurting and with a whole lot less money.Also with Obama care, nursing homes will close. Obama is just bad news.
Chicken-Knutter: THE SKY IS FALLING!! ROFLMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>So, what's Romney going to do as President? Make corn? Find a cure for fungal disease?
I hear he bought out all the stock in Lotramin. And we WONDER why he's a billionare?

;-)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
RvW makes it clear which definition they're using regarding viability.
http://womenshistory.about.com/library/etext/...
"...Physicians and their scientific colleagues have regarded that event with less interest and have tended to focus either upon conception, upon live birth, or upon the interim point at which the fetus becomes "viable," that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid. 59 Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."
Note: "...at which the fetus ***becomes*** "viable," **that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid**."
Then it states when they BECOME viable, "Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."
There's no argument as to what that means, except in the world of PCers who can't read for comprehension and don't understand what that statment means.
RvW is not a footnote from Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary. RvW does not state at 24 weeks a fetus is viable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

OLD LADY wrote:
I'm sorry Age,I looked at LC post and thought,you might think I'm nuts..ah,maybe I am.
We send money to people overseas so they'll be our friend,we need to pull our troops out yesterday,there is so much we can do,before we stop caring for our own.
You're 1000% correct OL. Sad but true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

lost-cause wrote:
Lynne comes in the room to project...
And to bitch. And to whine. And to spread her general negativity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow thats extremely interested I might have to try and find that online- thanks!
It might be this one she's talking about, it was great:

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/sistersof7...
1 post removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with intelligence and sense who has integrity in discussion, of course.
Well that leaves YOU out Lynne.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Or so FOO says. How do we know the story is true? We don't, because she lied about the Ariel story and that WAS proven, even though you couldn't see it. Plus she's been proven to be a patholoigical liar. You have tried to prove she isn't and all you managed to prove was you don't understand what you read.
Foo's "niece", huh?
No posts in Foo's words to show she corrected her "typo", to where everyone understood it was a 20 yr old? But posts proving she didn't, at least not in the 6 days that I read.
I was asked the question, do you not have anything else to talk about other than Foo? Do you avoid the chocolate rabbits at Easter?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone ELSE note that Lynniekins has to go back over a day and a half to dig up something to keep talking shit on?
The ONLY pathological liar here is you Lynne.
BTW, I never said she was MY neice you moron. And for the record, one doesn't correct a typo that one doesn't realise they made. Jesus H Christ on a crutch, get a life you dumb bitch.
I know man damn! I said she was your niece, it was an error damn lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo and Googleicious were claiming Catholic funerals DO NOT at any time have eulogies. They're wrong.
Even Ladilulu admit a couple Catholic funerals she went to had eulogies.
Maybe PCers need to pay attention to what's posted.
BULLSHIT. I never used the words "at any time", so stop lying. I didn't see the other OP say that either.

However, as proven with the links to the Vatican, it is NOT RCC policy to have eulogies.

I spoke to the priest yesterday about this, and he explained that while "few" (his words) allow speakers, practicing RCC churches do NOT allow eulogies during a funeral mass. Period.

Does it happen sometimes? I'm sure it does, and I'll bet that depends on the amount of a donation to the church to have them 'bend the rules' or look the other way, or simply CALL it something else. But the OFFICAL ROMAN CATHOLIC POLICY is that eulogies are NOT ALLOWED during a funeral mass.

But lets be honest, its not like some RCC churches aren't above ignoring, creating or making up the rules as they go along, as evidenced by the pedophile priest scandals.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet RvW states there is; 28 weeks or as early as 24 weeks. Guess you're all right and those who decided RvW were wrong?
The measurement seems to be the gestational age.
Are you REALLY stupid enough to believe that the SC defines medical rules Lynniekins?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••