Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,832
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#263143 Oct 10, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am confused. Foo said somewhere that she was in a coma, didn't she, so who made the decision to let her die?
Placental abruption occurs in the third trimester and if severe the baby is delivered. What is the need for an abortion?
She was apparently conscious before she slipped into a coma, and she made the decision known before she went into a coma.

"Placental abruption occurs in the third trimester and if severe the baby is delivered. What is the need for an abortion?"

Good question.

Foo claims the baby was non-viable, which indicates before 24 weeks. But 3rd tri-mester is 24 weeks on.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#263144 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to back your stupid opinion with certain links to certain information, and you only proved you didn't understand the information with which you based your opinion. Making it an uninformed and baseless opinion. There was no fact to base your stupidity, though you tried to prove there was.
Why are you bringing this up again? I used the sad, real-life experience of a friend's stillborn fetus. Baby never breathed so was referred to as "stillborn fetus". Baby's first breath allows its own circulation to begin separate from the woman carrying it.

Then, I reasoned, since cutting the cord physically separates fetus from woman, it's no longer connected to another body for its sustenance.

Viola! Hypothetically, if there WERE such a thing as an exact moment fetus becomes baby (there isn't, it's a process spanning the duration of labor and delivery), it'd have to be at those momentous times.

Please pinpoint exactly what is "...uninformed and baseless..." about this answer. While you're at it, defend and prove your erroneous claim that, "There was no fact to base your stupidity, though you tried to prove there was." Try to keep it under 200 words. Kthanks.
Googleicious

Syracuse, NY

#263145 Oct 10, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course a direct deliberate abortion is never allowed. I thought I was clear that any procedure or treatment to actually save a mother's life is permissible even if the child dies as a consequence.
In the story that Foo told, she never mentioned why the child had to be aborted in order for her to live. A most unusual circumstance.
Yes she did. Perhaps you should go back and read again? She said there was a placental abruption.
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

#263146 Oct 10, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course a direct deliberate abortion is never allowed. I thought I was clear that any procedure or treatment to actually save a mother's life is permissible even if the child dies as a consequence.
In the story that Foo told, she never mentioned why the child had to be aborted in order for her to live. A most unusual circumstance.
Are you posting that abortion is NOT a treatment to save the mother'life? PIUS XXII was unequivical in writing that NO end justifies the means.
Degall, you're big on contradictions. Are Pius XXII principles in keeping with todays Catholic church?

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#263147 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be stupid. Everyone here knows that you idiots use that name instead of mine, when referenceing me. I was responding for myself, regardless of the name any of you use.
Sure, Lynne.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#263148 Oct 10, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
A funeral service is NOT a memorial service. They are different things. That dear is a fact.
You like to play word games when you're WRONG I see. The pity is you dont play them well and you certainly never learned to play well with others.
http://elegantmemorials.com/memorial-service-...
What is the difference, and which one is right for your family?
There are several differences between a Funeral Service or a Memorial Service. Both celebrate and honor the life of a loved one. A Funeral Service is more traditional while a Memorial Service tends to be more non-traditional. The body of the deceased will be present at the Funeral Service, and the Funeral will usually occur within a few days of the individuals’ death. At the discretion of the family, a funeral will have an open casket ceremony (where the body can be viewed) or a closed casket ceremony. Funeral Services tend to be more expensive since they usually involve the purchase and display of a casket, transportation of the body to the church and burial ground, as well as embalming (the dressing and preparing of the body for viewing).
A Funeral Service involves a Funeral Director and a Funeral Home, which can be a source of comfort to the family as they are very experienced in the grieving process and handle the supplies and logistics of the funeral. Funeral Services are becoming increasingly personalized. Funeral Homes and Directors will often offer funeral programs, keepsakes and other personalized options to help uniquely honor your loved one. Most Funeral Directors will be flexible and open to any ideas you may have to personalize the funeral service of your loved one.
A Memorial Service also pays tribute to the life of the deceased; however, the body of the person that has died is not present. Since there is no body present, it allows the Memorial Service to be held at a variety of locations. The Memorial Service can occur days, weeks, even months after the person died. Memorial Services are becoming increasingly popular as people are looking for more unique and personal ways to celebrate the life of their loved one. They are more economical as they do not involve embalming, caskets, urns, or transportation. The Funeral Home will still handle either the cremation or burial of the body, and can participate in any part of the Memorial Service deemed appropriate by the family
http://www.thompsonsfuneral.com/_blog/Thompso...
To help you understand the difference between a funeral and a memorial service, here is an explanation of both.
Memorial Service: A memorial service can be held at any time after the death, even months later. The deceased is memorialized in a less structured setting. The body of the deceased is not present. A memorial service can be held at any location the family chooses and is more a celebration of the life lived.
Funeral Service: A funeral service is normally held within a week of the death. The body is present and the service is more structured. The service is usually led by a member of the clergy and sometimes includes a church service. The service is followed by a burial. A funeral service is held at a funeral home followed by the burial at a cemetery.
I already said, when I used the word "funeral" I was talking about a service paying tribute to the life of the person, which is what I assumed Foo was talking about when she mentioned memorial service, and that is what's done at funerals too.

I wasn't speaking technically. Many people call funerals a memorial service.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#263149 Oct 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs seem to like the backs of trucks. I wouldn't do it, but that's a far cry from putting a pooch in a carrier on top of a car where he has no control. Guess that dog got even though.
Saw the link! Yep, do as I say, not as I do. Who are these people trying to kid? Themselves, no doubt, because it's different when it happens to them. That's right. Special dispensation or something. Sickening.
I wouldn't do it either. Got even? Haha!

Did you see his history? A real philanderer. At one point he wanted an "agreement" where he could "date" while in the marriage.

Now, after he slept around and forced an abortion, he claims to be a "family values" and "pro life" candidate.

What a pig.
2 posts removed

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#263152 Oct 10, 2012
Here you go, Googleicious.
As you can see, there are more people than just me who see the two terms as interchangable.

Note the first line and the last line, "Increasingly, the two terms are used interchangeably, especially with cremation growing in popularity making it easier to move the remains of the deceased."

"In the future,“funerals” and “memorial” services will both be used to describe the service of celebrating death."

http://www.clergyservices.com/Difference_betw...
"Funeral vs. Memorial Service
What is the difference between a funeral and a memorial service?
Response: Increasingly, the two terms are used interchangeably, especially with cremation growing in popularity making it easier to move the remains of the deceased. Traditionally, funerals take place with the body or the ashes of the deceased person present. Memorial services have been ceremonies without the presence of the body although an urn containing the ashes may be present. Funerals are usually held immediately following death whereas memorial services may take place weeks or months away. In the past, memorial services also have been less formal than funerals with greater participation by family and friends. This is changing, however, as funerals are becoming less centered on the leadership of one person. Memorial services do not necessarily take place in a funeral home or religious setting. They may be held in the home or other comfortable gathering place. Funerals are most often held in traditional settings (cemetery, chapel or church) and are often followed by a graveside service. In the future,“funerals” and “memorial” services will both be used to describe the service of celebrating death."
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#263153 Oct 10, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you posting that abortion is NOT a treatment to save the mother'life? PIUS XXII was unequivical in writing that NO end justifies the means.
Degall, you're big on contradictions. Are Pius XXII principles in keeping with todays Catholic church?
If a woman needs treatment or medical procedure to save her life when pregnant, it is allowed even if it means the death of the child. A direct intention to kill the child is never allowable.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#263154 Oct 10, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
As have I, AJ.
I feel as if the Romney campaign has lied more, though. His constant flip-flopping, the "47%", etc., are driving me crazy. I just get the feeling that the "real" Romney was secretly taped that day, and that is troubling. He cares not a whit for the middle class, or does he? I'm perplexed and frustrated.
He is a moderate but he can't get support from today's Republicans, if he says what he truly believes. That's why he says the blurts out the insensitive and out-of-touch crap he does. Or, he's an elitist ratbastard boor. Lol

Atrisco Village

#263155 Oct 10, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
Well, here you have it, folks:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Scott DesJarlais, Pro-Life Republican Congressman And Doctor, Pressured Mistress Patient To Get Abortion
WASHINGTON -- A pro-life, family-values congressman who worked as a doctor before winning election as a Tea Party-backed Republican had an affair with a patient and later pressured her to get an abortion, according to a phone call transcript obtained by The Huffington Post.
The congressman, Rep. Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee, was trying to save his marriage at the time, according to his remarks on the call, made in September of 2000. And, according to three independent sources familiar with the call and the recording, he made the tape himself.
DesJarlais, who was provided a copy of the transcript by HuffPost, did not deny its contents, but in a statement released through his campaign characterized it as just another sordid detail dredged up by the opposition. "Desperate personal attacks do not solve our nation's problems, yet it appears my opponents are choosing to once again engage in the same gutter politics that CBS news called the dirtiest in the nation just 2 years ago."
That race featured charges culled from DesJarlais' divorce from Susan DesJarlais, which was finalized in 2001. The filing included allegations that he held a gun in his own mouth for hours in one instance and that he "dry fired" a gun outside his wife's bedroom in another.
DesJarlais' campaign vigorously denied those charges in his 2010 race against Democratic Rep. Lincoln Davis, saying they were hauled out of history for political purposes and had not been deemed credible at the time.
But the new transcript and other revelations from court documents paint a more damning picture of a man who was a serial philanderer willing to push one of his lovers -- whom he met as a patient with a foot problem -- to terminate a pregnancy, even when he suspected he was the father.
"You told me you'd have an abortion, and now we're getting too far along without one," DesJarlais tells the woman at one point in the call while negotiating with her over whether he'll reveal her identity to his wife. They then discuss whether he will accompany her to a procedure to end the sort of life the congressman now describes as "sacred."
----> Do as I say, not as I do.
Unbelievable!!
That doesn't surprise me in the least.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#263156 Oct 10, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you bringing this up again? I used the sad, real-life experience of a friend's stillborn fetus. Baby never breathed so was referred to as "stillborn fetus". Baby's first breath allows its own circulation to begin separate from the woman carrying it.
Then, I reasoned, since cutting the cord physically separates fetus from woman, it's no longer connected to another body for its sustenance.
Viola! Hypothetically, if there WERE such a thing as an exact moment fetus becomes baby (there isn't, it's a process spanning the duration of labor and delivery), it'd have to be at those momentous times.
Please pinpoint exactly what is "...uninformed and baseless..." about this answer. While you're at it, defend and prove your erroneous claim that, "There was no fact to base your stupidity, though you tried to prove there was." Try to keep it under 200 words. Kthanks.
Three things,

A baby after birth is still called a fetus?
I thought the umbilical cord was attached to the placenta.
There must be an exact time when a fetus becomes a baby.

Atrisco Village

#263157 Oct 10, 2012
Phil wrote:
This topic should not be a political one. Leave the people effected to make their own decisions. I thought the right wanted less government involvement anyway.
Ha!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#263158 Oct 10, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
As have I, AJ.
I feel as if the Romney campaign has lied more, though. His constant flip-flopping, the "47%", etc., are driving me crazy. I just get the feeling that the "real" Romney was secretly taped that day, and that is troubling. He cares not a whit for the middle class, or does he? I'm perplexed and frustrated.
What lies?

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#263159 Oct 10, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't do it either. Got even? Haha!
Did you see his history? A real philanderer. At one point he wanted an "agreement" where he could "date" while in the marriage.
Now, after he slept around and forced an abortion, he claims to be a "family values" and "pro life" candidate.
What a pig.
Color me unsurprised if he gets elected. The boys' club still has the upper hand.{wink wink}

Atrisco Village

#263160 Oct 10, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at you misrepresenting my answer to the hypothetical question of exact moment fetus becomes baby. How does one prove herself wrong when answering a hypothetical, Triple L? Care to explain that in less detail than usual, say 200 words?
This thread has gotten out of hand. How can we exchange thoughts and opinions when we have to pick every word and phrase we write with such ridiculous caution? There needs to be some trust between debaters. I refuse to fight an endless,irrelevant battle of words. I think some people on here -- they know who they are --should just admit that they are bickering simply because they love to hate each other.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#263161 Oct 10, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Are you gay? Someone suggested that you were after seeing you on another forum.
Just wondering.
Do you perform fellatio on your husband? Damn, what business it is of yours what his sexual orientation is?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#263162 Oct 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Color me unsurprised if he gets elected. The boys' club still has the upper hand.{wink wink}
Scratch a little below the surface and I'd bet you find MOST male politicians, Dem, Repub, whatever, have a dirty little secret like this underneath.

The difference is, people like this guy pretend they're Mr. Morality.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#263163 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>He is a moderate but he can't get support from today's Republicans, if he says what he truly believes. That's why he says the blurts out the insensitive and out-of-touch crap he does. Or, he's an elitist ratbastard boor. Lol
Looks like he has the support of all Republicans and they are going to make him president.

He probably seems like an elitist boor to you because he talks right over your head. I don't see an insensitive or out of touch man.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#263164 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If you agree it's not rocket science then how come you still can't understand it? Because you lack reading comprehension skills and an ability to understand how the medical terminology is being used.
I have no problem understanding med terms I have an education and experience beginning in H.S. What is your experience? "Your family of medical professionals" by your own admission.
lil Lily wrote:
I do understand it a D&C used for "any abortive outcome", never said it wasn't.
If you say so.
The rest of your post is irrelevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min red and right 304,367
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Jay 168,046
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Ta Shawna Liebowitz 1,172,378
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Atticus Tiberius ... 183,706
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min karl44 141,851
Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... 7 min Otter in the Ozarks 28
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 12 min spocko 2,290
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 23 min mjjcpa 609
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 1 hr Le Jimbo 117
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 2 hr INFIDEL 1,798
More from around the web