Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346227 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#263245 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
So, how about them (insert team name here?)
ORIOLES! In the playoffs FINALLY!

Raven's #1!!!! WHOOT!!!
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#263246 Oct 10, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! You wish Lynne!
oh look who it is.

1. Thought Ariel and mom flew up to stay with you? Where are they while you get your topix obssession@@

2. Whats the REAL.story about this girl? Im sure you willl not reveal it. WE know why too. LOL

P.S keep an eye on that 14 yr old Ariel so that she doesnt get kidnapped again.

:::::giggle::::;;

Location hidden

#263247 Oct 10, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>any abortive outcome
Lynne isn't that bright AyakaNeo.

Location hidden

#263248 Oct 10, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course a direct deliberate abortion is never allowed. I thought I was clear that any procedure or treatment to actually save a mother's life is permissible even if the child dies as a consequence.
In the story that Foo told, she never mentioned why the child had to be aborted in order for her to live. A most unusual circumstance.
Yes I did. MOre than once in fact. You fail to read then blame others for what you fail to see. That's a big part of your problem here Inkstain.

Location hidden

#263249 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be stupid. Everyone here knows that you idiots use that name instead of mine, when referenceing me. I was responding for myself, regardless of the name any of you use.
Actually LYNNE D, everyone here that ISN'T an idiot KNOWS you're the same poster that posted using the name Lynne D, Perverse and a few others.

Of COURSE you were responding for yourself, since you ARE the OP that used the name "Lynne D".

Location hidden

#263250 Oct 10, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A direct abortion is not allowed but a treatment or procedure that saves the mother's life is
In the case of your relative a placental abruption takes place usually in the third trimester and the treatment is to deliver the baby if the placental abruption is causing great stress to mother or baby.
Unless the fetus isn't viable, then an LTA is performed, as I said. This has nothing to do with your claims that the Catholic faith allows abortions if the mothers health is at risk. They do not.

ANY treatment that results in a dead embryo, zygote or fetus is an abortive procedure.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#263251 Oct 10, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> If its being used FOR an abortion procedure, then it IS an abortion procedure Lynne - you flipping idiot.
No kidding.

Pay attention; we are talking about a MISCARRIAGE that already took place (baby dead and probably out of the womb). That is not an "abortion procedure". It is a D&C.

Location hidden

#263252 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
Question mark supposed to go on sentence before last in my prior post. Last sentence was not a question, but a statement of fact.
Except its not a statement of fact, its your uneducated opinion Lynne.

Location hidden

#263253 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, the woman wasn't Foo's relative, just someone she "barely knew" and had "met her once", according to her.
Foo also said that the "baby" was non-viable. I'm still waiting for her to let us know just how far along this woman supposedly was.
Keep waiting Lynne, you small minded, meaningless bitch.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#263254 Oct 10, 2012
U
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did. MOre than once in fact. You fail to read then blame others for what you fail to see. That's a big part of your problem here Inkstain.
No uou didn't. In fact, how could you have if you don't even KNOW what happened to her.

@@ You just can't stop, can you?

Location hidden

#263255 Oct 10, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am confused. Foo said somewhere that she was in a coma, didn't she, so who made the decision to let her die?
She refused treatment Inkstain. What part of that did you not grasp? Or didn't you bother to read that far back?
Placental abruption occurs in the third trimester and if severe the baby is delivered. What is the need for an abortion?
As I said, I dont know the details yet. I do know an autopsy was done, but I dont know how those things work and when they'll release information to the family. I DO know she was barely into the third trimester. She was also over 40, which is a significant risk factor as well.

I dont know much about placental abruption, other than it is fairly rare, and the mortality rate is also fairly high. I've tried to read some up on it.

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/placental-ab...

ANother:

http://www.jpma.org.pk/full_article_text.php...

Read the articles Inkstain. ACTUALLY READ IT for a change. If "severe", 10% or more of the fetus's die. Delivery is NOT always done OR an option.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#263256 Oct 10, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Unless the fetus ihn't viable, then an LTA is performed, as I said. This has nothing to do with your claims that the Catholic faith allows abortions if the mothers health is at risk. They do not.
ANY treatment that results in a dead embryo, zygote or fetus is an abortive procedure.
Oh NOW it is a "fetus "? You called this dead girls non -viable fetus "her baby".

And you're wrong about what the Catholic faith says. ANY treatment used to save mom that does NOT involve going in that womb and deliberately slaughtering that baby is allowed(previability during an IMMEDIATE URGENT EMERGENCY where mom IS dying). In other words, an INDIRECT death MAY occur. MAY OCCUR in the immediate life.saving treatment. MAY OCCUR.

Again...MAY OCCUR. NOT definite .

Comparison ; If a woman is dying after a serious car accident and the Drs attempt to save her life and one of treatment ends up killing her, then there is nothing wrong with that. They TRIED to save her even knowing that the procedure 'might end up killing" her. It was EMERGENCY intervention where the woman WAS dying so they act fast.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#263257 Oct 10, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> She refused treatment Inkstain. What part of that did you not grasp? Or didn't you bother to read that far back?
<quoted text>
As I said, I dont know the details yet. I do know an autopsy was done, but I dont know how those things work and when they'll release information to the family. I DO know she was barely into the third trimester. She was also over 40, which is a significant risk factor as well.
I dont know much about placental abruption, other than it is fairly rare, and the mortality rate is also fairly high. I've tried to read some up on it.
http://www.uptodate.com/contents/placental-ab...
ANother:
http://www.jpma.org.pk/full_article_text.php...
Read the articles Inkstain. ACTUALLY READ IT for a change. If "severe", 10% or more of the fetus's die. Delivery is NOT always done OR an option.
Make up your mind. Did SHE refuse treatment or was it the "Catholic hospital" who might have refused her a LTA like you said?

"She was barely into her 3rd.trimester"

Interesting that you knew NOTHING about what happened other than the torn placenta but you KNEW she was "Barely in her 3rd trimester and had a non-viable* BABY*".

LOLOL
1 post removed

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#263259 Oct 10, 2012

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#263260 Oct 10, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the warm greeting, my dear friend ;)
My question was just that. No biggie. If you dont want to share then don't. I just have never seen you say it here.
"Suppose I was"
Then you are. You act like I asked you a bad question
Ah, my dearest "Sassafrass."

No, I don't think you'd asked me a "bad" question...
I think you asked me an "inappropriate" question--especially considering that your question was a "non-sequitur" intrusion regarding the post of mine that you were allegedly "responding" to...

If you hadn't seen me "share" my sexual orientation on this thread, why do you suppose I'd share it on others?

I'll confess freely that there have been other threads I've posted on where I've unequivocally argued in favor of "gay-rights," "SSM," and that those who're actively arguing against that are doing so for motives that are either religiously motivated(which I completely understand, though don't happen to agree with,) or attempting some sort of pseudo-scientific, "Social-Darwinism" argument of why this is inherently "wrong."

I happen to believe that this is the "last" proverbial battle in our country's history for "civil-rights."

I don't expect you to agree with me.
sassylicious

United States

#263261 Oct 10, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, my dearest "Sassafrass."
No, I don't think you'd asked me a "bad" question...
I think you asked me an "inappropriate" question--especially considering that your question was a "non-sequitur" intrusion regarding the post of mine that you were allegedly "responding" to...
If you hadn't seen me "share" my sexual orientation on this thread, why do you suppose I'd share it on others?
I'll confess freely that there have been other threads I've posted on where I've unequivocally argued in favor of "gay-rights," "SSM," and that those who're actively arguing against that are doing so for motives that are either religiously motivated(which I completely understand, though don't happen to agree with,) or attempting some sort of pseudo-scientific, "Social-Darwinism" argument of why this is inherently "wrong."
I happen to believe that this is the "last" proverbial battle in our country's history for "civil-rights."
I don't expect you to agree with me.
You voice your opinion in favor of gay rights and same sex marriage but find it inappropriate to be asked if you are gay?

:/

Okay.

If someone asked me if I was a heterosexual,I would think it was inappropriate nor would I hesitate to say yes.

You took my question to be derogatory. Sounds like something is wrong with being gay when people do that.

Have a good night!
lifes a beach

Lebanon, PA

#263262 Oct 10, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> The abortion movement is based on deception.
One of its supporters shows not only deception but about the RC religion. She used a "religious Catholic" (one she said that she barely knows nor is she mourning ) to spread deception about "LTA would have saved this moms life" when she doesnt even KNOW what really happened. Each day her story changes. Then it was perhaps a "Catholic "hospital who probably denied her one.
NO proof of anything she said about this girl dying because she didnt have a LTA.
She lied about EVERYTHING for her own deceptive agenda.
And you want to know why it matters? Deception about abortion is what is keeping it legal. Deception is why 50 MILLION in this country alone get slaughtered.
Even NARALS founder admitted to deceiving. He turned prolife and exposed all the lies that was going on.Owning up to be a deceiver.
The Catholic church knows all about deception. Where did purgatory go? Oh that's right. And how about indulgences? The Crusades? Look all I'm saying is if one resides in a glass cathedral they are not usually in the best position to throw stones. Sorry but I, along with many others, cannot support a religion that forbids birth control use DURING marriage...it's simply ridiculous. That being said most women don't regret their abortions, so what of that??

Location hidden

#263263 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I already said, when I used the word "funeral" I was talking about a service paying tribute to the life of the person, which is what I assumed Foo was talking about when she mentioned memorial service, and that is what's done at funerals too.
I wasn't speaking technically. Many people call funerals a memorial service.
ROFLMAO!

Nice try at getting that size 15 foot out of your size 14 mouth Lynniekins. But hey, being a failure should be second nature to you by now. LOL!

Once again Lynniekins, a FUNERAL is where a body is buried. I didn't say a thing about a funeral.

Location hidden

#263264 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Not around here, in Catholic country. Very distinct difference. Funeral=remains of deceased. Memorial service=no remains. That's how we see it 'round this neck o' the woods. Yeehaw!
That's what it means around here too, and it has nothing to do with religious affiliation.

Lynne said something stupid, and rather than just admit she spoke in error, she's got to be RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
sassylicious

United States

#263265 Oct 10, 2012
lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church knows all about deception. Where did purgatory go? Oh that's right. And how about indulgences? The Crusades? Look all I'm saying is if one resides in a glass cathedral they are not usually in the best position to throw stones. Sorry but I, along with many others, cannot support a religion that forbids birth control use DURING marriage...it's simply ridiculous. That being said most women don't regret their abortions, so what of that??
If you'd be so kind as to explain what ^^^ has to do with my post,that'd be great?

"where'd purgatory go "?

I don't know. Why? Is it missing?

Btw...who is asking you to support the ECC? Don't agree? Don't go to one.

We are against artificial BC and for a reason. Google RCC reasons why.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New charges filed against Manafort in Russia probe 4 min fish and poi 271
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Janet 64,842
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Trevet 1,782,383
News Melania Trump says US should govern - with hear... 14 min Lawrence Wolf 398
News Trump's land of delusion 14 min freelancehobo 817
News .com | 'Papa! Papa!' Audio of children at US im... 23 min whiney beech 30
News The End of Civil Rights 23 min Josh 26
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 25 min No Surprize 88,095
News Trump again blames Dems for forced separation o... 26 min whiney beech 250
News Nearly 70 children being taken from families at... 1 hr President Dump 198