Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,654
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262774 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, she is not pro choice. She is only pointing out that PCers only respect the choice to abort and don't respect the choice to not abort regardless of the outcome. If the story is real, she didn't have to die.
Please don't generalize. A number of us here fully supported her choice, however tragic the outcome.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262775 Oct 8, 2012
(Michael Schiavo followed his wife's wishes and discontinued futile ALS)

(JM hypothetically said she'd not approve life-saving treatment (abortion) based on her daughter's wishes)

(The woman Foo referred to chose not to have a life-saving treatment (abortion) and died with her fetus per her wishes)

Where is the disagreement? Any dissimilarity? Any argument?

Shiavo made a decision and only had HIS WORD that those were her wishes. The word of someone who had moved on with his life with another woman. Credibility is questionable.The pertinent part is SHE didn't SAY anything, he did.

JM's love for her daughter, based on what I've seen posted by her is credible. She cares for her daughter's eternal life. If she claims her daughter would never want her child aborted, her word is credible enough that I think her owrd, as the mother who loves her daughter is good. But, it's still not comparable to the daughter making her own wishes known with her own voice at the time the decision needs to be made. Doesn't compare to the woman Foo posted about.

The woman Foo spoke of made the decision with her own voice. SHE REFUSED an LTA at the time doctors told her she needed one, according to what Foo posted.

Big difference and no comparison.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262776 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What "lambasting" you?
This is what I said, and I used caps to point out the operative words.
"Well, if you look at it from HER point of view, having the beliefs she had, it's was a positive for both her and her child. She chose to have them both in heaven than to be separated from her child eternally, by choosing to have that child killed in utero. That's what a religious belief is about.
That was HER relgious belief (her CHOICE to even have a religious belief), and in that belief, the "eternal life" outcome is a positive one for HER and her unborn child."
That was no lambasting you.
In reply to you saying, "I can't see how anyone could call that a positive outcome, for anyone.
:( "
Since no one called it a positive outcome, it's obvious you're trying to accuse the pro-lifers of something, as Foo had tried.
I replied saying,
Y"ou all should leave it alone and let her rest in peace.What any of you are doing is disrespecting HER CHOICES and saying SHE made the wrong choice. To HER, she didn't. "
That's hardly lambasting you. Grow up.
You "grow up" you old sow.

Your UPPER CASE was "lambasting" me, and of course I can't see how anyone could call that a positive outcome, meaning the *family* you paranoid loser.

I respected HER choice completely.

Grow a brain cell.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262777 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the social worker got involved due to the rape and I'm sure she thought an abortion would be the best solution.
Possibly.

Especially since it was perfectly legal, as abortion is legal there for life of the mother or rape situations.

Do you have anything that mentions the social worker, by any chance?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262778 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> "autorant"
lol! I love that. That was funny...!!! Yay, you!
Yay ME you, mean, as she was merely quoting me.

She isn't that clever, hun.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#262779 Oct 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A durable power of attorney IS a medical directive, goofball. I was agreeing with you until you made that baseless claim. Which is usually how it goes when reading your posts. There's a lot in common between all of us (which may explain why we're still here), but too much unnecessary anal disagreement stands in the way of productive discussions on how to actually lower the number of annual abortions for any of us to claim success.
Yes:-)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262780 Oct 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>

Interesting. Then why has abortion to save the life of the mother been such an issue on here? I'm actually quite surprised.
Because as many times as it has been explained, people want to believe that the Church wants dead mothers and babies. The woman's life actually has to be in grave danger or the woman needs treatment that would kill the child. Such as cancer or an etopic pregnancy. Anything that can be managed until the child is viable like hypertension must be tried.
It is convenient to justify abortion by using the bogus 'life of the mother' excuse.

Atrisco Village

#262781 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been, thanks. The PCers have been posting in true form, and I'm loving every minute of them proving, on their own, their ignorance and hypocrisy.
I have tons of fun just highlighting it.
Wow. Okey dokey:-\
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262782 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly.
Especially since it was perfectly legal, as abortion is legal there for life of the mother or rape situations.
Do you have anything that mentions the social worker, by any chance?
I don't. I remember reading it back when we discussed this before.

I'll look around when I get a chance.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262783 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. I remember reading it back when we discussed this before.
I'll look around when I get a chance.
Okay.

I'll look around too.

I also want to find where I saw the # of doctors. That's bugging me.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262784 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't generalize. A number of us here fully supported her choice, however tragic the outcome.
Sorry to anyone who felt wrongly included.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262785 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
They're all ignorant buffoons about this.
Even the coding chart Ayakaneo provided stated specifically that the [procedure] is called "dilation and curetage".
The purpose after miscarriage is medically termed "surgical management of incomplete abortion."
That's what she presented.
I didn't need what she presented to know what had been charted in my own files, and knew that they were wrong in their claims because of that, as well as my family members stating it to me in discussion as well.
I never told you it wasn't a dilation and curettage I told you time and again the D&C is the same abortion procedure used regardless of the type of abortion. It's coded differently to specify what type of abortion and I've told you that several times. You are desperate to prove I'm wrong about the meaning of the numbers without having any experience in coding. What is your experience in coding other than what your family told you "years ago". You have none. You don't own the manual, you don't have the software and you don't have the education.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#262786 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because as many times as it has been explained, people want to believe that the Church wants dead mothers and babies. The woman's life actually has to be in grave danger or the woman needs treatment that would kill the child. Such as cancer or an etopic pregnancy. Anything that can be managed until the child is viable like hypertension must be tried.
It is convenient to justify abortion by using the bogus 'life of the mother' excuse.
I still think the Church, or any religion for that matter, having a say in a woman's private reproductive decision is intrusive. Any person who is against abortion for any reason doesn't have to get one. Many women who are pro-choice wouldn't choose to get one.

Atrisco Village

#262787 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you had to experience that. I'm very glad my mother has made her wishes completely clear. I just have to follow them as she wished.
Good. With my dad, since he has Alzheimers, it was impossible to tell if he sensed pain or anguish, so, knowing that opiates would suppress his respiratory system, I decided to allow nature to take its course.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262788 Oct 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think the Church, or any religion for that matter, having a say in a woman's private reproductive decision is intrusive. Any person who is against abortion for any reason doesn't have to get one. Many women who are pro-choice wouldn't choose to get one.
The Catholic teaching is that life begins at conception and that killing another human being is a grave sin. All religions have beliefs of some sort. It is our choice as people to believe and follow the tenants and commandments of our various churches or not.

Freedom from religion means we do not have to abide by any religion but we can if we want to.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#262789 Oct 8, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Foo,Please,accept my condolences to you and your family. If I can help let me know..
THank you OL. Look up to your messages please?

Location hidden

#262790 Oct 8, 2012
Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text> Remember Ariel, Foo makes up stories.
Except I've made up nothing Knutbar. Ariel will be here this weekend in fact, we're going to the memorial service together and she and her mom are staying for a few days. I'll tell her you said 'hi'.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262791 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad that you are enjoying yourself here, my friend. You're obviously having the time of your life...you're posting with such absolute relish, today! It's good to see you happy. Awesome, enjoy!
Actually, I apologize for the post you replied to with this. I thought I was replying to Long Night Moon. I unintentionally directed those comments to you.

Location hidden

#262792 Oct 8, 2012
realkatie wrote:
Foo, my condolences to you and J and the rest of your family during this time of grief. What a heartbreak :(
(((hugs)))
Thank you Katie. <<hugs>>

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262793 Oct 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. No clue why you're trying to insult me, though.
<quoted text>
You said, "IF someone specifies in their medical directive..." (another word for power of attorney)"
<quoted text>
Yes, it is. And is what I've said over and over and over again.
<quoted text>
You said, "IF someone specifies in their medical directive..." (another word for power of attorney)"
<quoted text>
Why are you repeating that same phrase? What are you trying to prove by repeating it after every sentence, that you don't understand that statement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Boca Loca 1,110,705
Senator blasts revolving door from D.C. to Wall... 2 min Shinichiro Takizawa 16
Planned Parenthood blasts Ernst in new ad 3 min Eleanor 7
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Limbertwig 153,643
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min woodtick57 262,512
Obama to boost U.S. involvement in fight agains... 7 min barefoot2626 47
Obama pledges to fight war on Ebola 7 min okimar 31
Obama thanks Congress for vote to aid Syrian re... 1 hr barefoot2626 59
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 1 hr woodtick57 280
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••