Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316355 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#262495 Oct 7, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cops are trained law enforcement people. That's their job" - BULLSHIT, youre making the claim that b/c their trained to use their weapons that that alone is what keeps them from going on shooting rampages, well BS - if cops, who face 100x the stress we do can go an entire career (& most do) WITHOUT shooting innocent people in the street, than dont tell me some average joe is likely to do so......JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A GUN..........are you retarded? seriously
"You have yet to prove your assertion that it deters criminals" - holySHT, are you really this stiupid? thats like asking "how could a school bully possibly be deterred from picking on EVERYONE in the class, he doesnt know whose gonna fight back & who doesnt..........well DUH lady, the bully is deterred b/c he knows theres a great chance he WILL get his ass kicked
same logic, question: you may or may not get punched in the face for trying to lift random people's wallets, right? simply not knowing but being sure its a good possibility that you will get hurt IS or ISNT a deterrant?
..........what i thought, right on target ..........
lets hear your answer...
"are you retarded? seriously"

And I pointed out that some cops snap and shoot suspects. Some of them beat their wives, commit crimes or just leave the force. They don't all hold up under the pressure.

"well DUH lady, the bully is deterred b/c he knows theres a great chance he WILL get his ass kicked"

Since when? Bullying is still a problem.

"question: you may or may not get punched in the face for trying to lift random people's wallets, right? simply not knowing but being sure its a good possibility that you will get hurt IS or ISNT a deterrant?'

What are you talking about? These types of crimes are being committed every day. Murders, shootings, robberies, assaults, pickpocketing, etc...so who exactly is being deterred?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#262496 Oct 7, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, i mean the guy actually defends Vlad, says he was a great man, etc.
Moon hates Christianity, not just the so called "hypocrites" & there are many - she hates every bit of it, what it represents, the supposed fact that it oppresses rights, its people, everything..........i mean literally, she wont tell you she respects ANY of it, try asking her
people like that hate it either b/c of past experiences which theyve projected to the whole religion, or in some cases theyre simply demonic, tools of the devil, even possessed
"account those who publicly claim their personal "righteousness" " --------- BS, i dont know a single conservative on here who "claims righteousness" in ANY form - honestly, people like her call us all hypocrites if we dont act & speak a certain way, & even if we do that we're still hypocrites for not being pro-abortion b/c that means we're mysogynists
Good evening "Seattle,"

Okay, will be so kind as to provide the link to "CPeter's" post where he states that "Vlad Tepes" is/was a "great man?"

Will you also be so kind as to provide links as to where "Moon" states unequivocally that she "hates every bit of Christianity?"

You don't know a single "conservative" who claims "righteousness" on here...?

Perhaps, my friend, you ought to read "Tom-Tom's" posts a little more frequently.
There are several others my friend but his should be more than enough for you to go on...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#262497 Oct 7, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, but they also didnt have security CAMERAS & things that deter criminals FAR more than back then - those days you could likely get away with anything in small towns with small security forces
today, there's little chance of getting away with shootings anyway..........so with the added deterrant of other citizens ready to kill you to save their lives, we are EVEN safer
so the question is why do you think that MORE people with guns (lets say almost all carried) would NOT deter you from pulling your gun out in anger?
dont know about you, but im not stupid or that crazy - if i know a room is full of guys with guns, why ON EARTH would i pull it out in anger???
tell us...
"yes, but they also didnt have security CAMERAS & things that deter criminals FAR more than back then "

LMAO!!!! Security cameras aren't deterring crimes. Every day footage from security cameras is being shown in the media to help in the search for criminals. Crooks still rob places that have security cameras all the time.

" if i know a room is full of guys with guns, why ON EARTH would i pull it out in anger???"

For the same reasons all those guys in the old West did it.

"im not stupid"

LMAO!
1 post removed

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262499 Oct 7, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Oh and BTW for all the ignorant bitches out there like YOU Lynne that like to claim that delivery of a non-viable baby is safer than abortion, you're wrong about that too.
My BIL's sister just died late this afternoon in Texas. 43 years old. She was pregnant, and they dont know exactly what happened yet, but what IS known so far is that somehow he placeta was ripped (?) and being a religious Catholic, she refused an LTA to save her life. Now both she and the baby are dead.
I'm sure some of you idiots would think that's the best outcome, but her family doesn't agree.
Religious bullshit shouldn't cost anyone their life.
Foo I'm so sorry for the family, my condolences.
She's an OB/GYN too? Damn, when does she have time to be on Topix?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#262500 Oct 7, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening "Seattle,"
Okay, will be so kind as to provide the link to "CPeter's" post where he states that "Vlad Tepes" is/was a "great man?"
Will you also be so kind as to provide links as to where "Moon" states unequivocally that she "hates every bit of Christianity?"
You don't know a single "conservative" who claims "righteousness" on here...?
Perhaps, my friend, you ought to read "Tom-Tom's" posts a little more frequently.
There are several others my friend but his should be more than enough for you to go on...
"Will you also be so kind as to provide links as to where "Moon" states unequivocally that she "hates every bit of Christianity?""

What? He won't be providing a link for that one because I never said it. And his "shit if the earth" statement? He wrote that one. He told me that's what I think.

Location hidden

#262501 Oct 7, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"are you retarded? seriously"
And I pointed out that some cops snap and shoot suspects. Some of them beat their wives, commit crimes or just leave the force. They don't all hold up under the pressure.
"well DUH lady, the bully is deterred b/c he knows theres a great chance he WILL get his ass kicked"
Since when? Bullying is still a problem.
"question: you may or may not get punched in the face for trying to lift random people's wallets, right? simply not knowing but being sure its a good possibility that you will get hurt IS or ISNT a deterrant?'
What are you talking about? These types of crimes are being committed every day. Murders, shootings, robberies, assaults, pickpocketing, etc...so who exactly is being deterred?
Legal and responsible gun owners and citizens.

Location hidden

#262502 Oct 7, 2012
Sorry "Seattle," and everyone else, that second paragraph should have read: "Okay, will you be so kind as to provide...."

Mea Culpa!

Location hidden

#262503 Oct 7, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Will you also be so kind as to provide links as to where "Moon" states unequivocally that she "hates every bit of Christianity?""
What? He won't be providing a link for that one because I never said it. And his "shit if the earth" statement? He wrote that one. He told me that's what I think.
Look "up."

;)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#262504 Oct 7, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boy you saw your own records when you miscarried? When was this back in 78-79? How many other medical records with reports of miscarriages have you seen that makes you the authority on how medical information is charted?
Earlier than that. That's MY age group, and she's older than me.

Location hidden

#262505 Oct 7, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Foo I'm so sorry for the family, my condolences.
Thank you. I only met her once, two Christmas's ago when their whole extended family got together, but we got to know each other though email and FB. She was a really sweet girl, and its such a waste for nonsense. Her brothers and mom are heartbroken.
She's an OB/GYN too? Damn, when does she have time to be on Topix?
Who? Lynne? PfffffffffTT.... she's an idiot that thinks she knows it all, when she really knows not much of anything beyond her insulated little tunnel-visioned world.

Location hidden

#262506 Oct 7, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boy you saw your own records when you miscarried? When was this back in 78-79? How many other medical records with reports of miscarriages have you seen that makes you the authority on how medical information is charted?
Not to mention how charting has changed from then to now?

She's an idiot.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262507 Oct 7, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"aside from illega arms (which you cant do stats on) WHY would this be true? you know damn well peopl in the southeast & rural towns are generally more comfortable with guns --- so why would there not then be MORE of them???"

All I said was that there is no reason there WOULD be more. YOU want to claim there WOULD be, then it's up to you to prove that.

"okay listen, you cant just say "non sequitor, i disagree" & have THAT be our argument - i can do the same, by arguing gravity is different in GA than in NY, by just SAYING "nope, non sequitor, i disagree" ..........but hwo does that make me soun? STUPID, thats how, & it proves nothing
the question is WHY do you disagree, WHY does Bitner feel that there is no such thing as deterrant by guns???"

Obviously, you don't know what a non sequitur is. Look it up. I CAN just say that I disagree. It's up to YOU to prove you assertions, it's not up to me to have to disprove them.

"explain away, im still waiting.........."

I don't have to. PROVE your assertion that the gun laws are to blame for the shootings in public places, which was your original claim.

"yawwn, b/c u CANT coward.........."

No, because I don't HAVE to address everything under the sun.

"and the queston wast about LOOSENIGN gun lawsto deter criminals
it was would you be deterred from criminality in a place wher there are likely more guns..........now, try & answer the question, bc you NEVER once did:"

No, when this whole thing started, you tried to claim that the stricter gun laws were to blame for the shootings in places such as schools and movies.

"if you're gonna rob a store, do you A) go into a place thats filled with people who most likely WONT be armed, or do you B) go to a place thats probably filled with ARMED citizens?"

Again, PROVE "probably". Until you prove your premise, there is no question to answer.

"tick tock boy....."

Stop being a whiny little girl.

Location hidden

#262508 Oct 7, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention how charting has changed from then to now?
She's an idiot.
Exactly, the codes used today are much, much more specific.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#262509 Oct 7, 2012
Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text> The Blessed Mother will crush the serpents head, you will indeed cower when that happens. God can have feet if He wants, after all He is God . You have a lot to fear.
The Blessed Mother crushing a serpents head doesn't sound very pro-life to me.

And hey, is God now The Blessed Mother or human feet?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#262510 Oct 7, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Adieu my friend!
If you don't mind my asking, what's transpired to elicit this sort of post from you...?
Threats and bad publicity! lol

Location hidden

#262511 Oct 7, 2012
Working Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Its more like she's standing under it trying to make a nights pay.
lol K

Location hidden

#262512 Oct 7, 2012
R C not funny wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Got it.. haha

Location hidden

#262513 Oct 7, 2012
R C not funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You poor thing!
yup, not funny...

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262514 Oct 7, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>For the record DW, I don't read what you copy and paste. I saw a post from Elise stating you were c&p posts from back in January.
<quoted text>I don't care what was posted back then. The D&C after an elective abortion is the same D&C after a spontaneous abortion. Therefore it is an abortion procedure and will be charted and coded and transcribed as such WITH THE DISTINCTION OF *ELECTIVE**SPONTANEOUS**MISSED **COMPLETE**INCOMPLETE*. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT DISTINCTION IS?
<quoted text>And you have proven you don't understand medical coding and billing.
<quoted text>
ICD 9 - International Classification of Diseases
634 Spontaneous Abortion
635 Induced Abortion
636 Illegally Induced Abortion
637 Unspecified Abortion
638 Failed Attempt Abortion
ICD 9 Code for D&C
69.02 - Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion.
CPT - Current Procedural Terminology
Code 59812
Dilation and curettage for the surgical management of an incomplete abortion.
<quoted text>O.k so we've all just sat on our asses all day and never worked a day in our lives just like you right?
<quoted text> You are disputing that a D&C for any type of abortion is not charted,coded, or transcribed as a D&C for the type of abortion it is used for. I have told you time and again it is charted as an abortion with THE DISTINCTION OF THE TYPE OF ABORTION. You have denied that. I provided you the codes above.
<quoted text>I've concluded you know nothing about coding/billing/charting.
LOL, oh...my....

You just proved true everything I had been saying, and you think you proved something else. Too funny.

You posted codes for "abortions"
"ICD 9 - International Classification of Diseases
634 Spontaneous Abortion
635 Induced Abortion
636 Illegally Induced Abortion
637 Unspecified Abortion
638 Failed Attempt Abortion"

NO ONE has said a miscarriage isn't medcially termed a type of abortion. THAT was not the issue, which you could never understand and still don't, obviously because you're still typing the same stupid redundant shit over and over that has nothing to do with what Sassy and I took issue with.

You then posted codes for D&C procedures and guess what? You PROVED US RIGHT and proved you PC bumbleheads wrong.

"ICD 9 Code for D&C
69.02 - Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion.
CPT - Current Procedural Terminology
Code 59812
Dilation and curettage for the surgical management of an incomplete abortion."

What's that? "Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion."

Dialation and curettage? Just like I posted? That's right, that's what I posted, NC.

"Dilation and curettage for the surgical management of an incomplete abortion.""

Again dialation and curettage, just as I posted.

MY words, "The charting has to do with indicating the D&C was a dilation and curettage FOR a spontaneous, incomplete, missed, complete etc. abortion." "It was documented as a dilation and curettage,...".

That's what I've said this whole time, and you've been arguing it just like someone who can't read for comprehension.

"You are disputing that a D&C for any type of abortion is not charted,coded, or transcribed as a D&C for the type of abortion it is used for. "

LOL, no I haven't, DW. I said it wasn't documented as "an abortion procedure" as the PCers claimed, because it's NOT. You just proved it with the codes you provided. You couldn't display a lack of reading comprehension more if you tried.

I posted, "The charting has to do with indicating the [D&C was a dilation and curettage] FOR a spontaneous, incomplete, missed, complete etc. abortion. In the cases of elective abortion the [D&C is a dialation and curettage] FOR an induced abortion.[The D&C procedure itself is NOT called or charted an "abortion"] when it's a treatment after miscarriage."

A D&C is not "an abortion procedure" when used for miscarriages. It's called a dialation and curettage and the indications as to the purpose is charted. As I said.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262515 Oct 7, 2012
After miscarriage they call the purpose of a dilation and curettage "surgical management of incomplete abortion". I don't see "abortion procedure", do you?

I see the proper name of D&C and the purpose being surgical management of a miscarriage.

"Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion."

Don't see "abortion procedure". I see the D&C being called "dialation and curetage" and the purpose being after delivery or the type of abortion that occurred, whether induced, or missed, incomplete is not indicated under the codes for the D&C procedure.

Point made. Stop arguing with me about it now. You PCers who claimed a D&C after a miscarriage is an abortion procedure were WRONG.

Ayakaneo is a typical PCer here, who posts not knowing what they're talking about then ends up proving we PLers were correct all along.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump returns to Arizona - and a chaotic politi... 1 min anonymous 6
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Doctor Trump 26,810
News Collins unsure if Trump will be 2020 GOP nominee 20 min anonymous 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min Quirky 1,582,534
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 30 min ImPeach 1,498
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min ImPeach 287,782
News Can Trump pardon anyone? Himself? Can he fire M... 1 hr ardith 213
More from around the web