Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 12,330)

Showing posts 246,581 - 246,600 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I know it, it's laughable. Maybe next time they have a pap smear they'll ask the doctor to do it doggie style because the position is the same lol.
Omg... Lmao

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot that Lynne is truly crazy. I had no idea she was talking about a discussion we all had in January. My gawd, to me that feels like years ago. Does she have nothing to took about but Topix bullshit? What a freaking freak!
So. Foo, Sassy says that you claimed that a D&C is an abortion, even when there is no product of a pregnancy in the uterus. True?
Sassy doesn't know what she's saying half the time. In one post a miscarriage is not an abortion then a few posts later of course a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. The confusion is the way the pregnancy is terminated. One is natural one is willful but both are abortions. They either understand that or they don't.(termination of a pregnancy vs miscarriage, both are abortions). I guess when a woman naturally aborts the D&C is a natural thing to do so it cannot be an abortion procedure even though an abortion is a miscarriage. When a woman has a D&C for an elective abortion, the D&C then becomes a murder weapon and they don't want to be associated with that.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy doesn't know what she's saying half the time. In one post a miscarriage is not an abortion then a few posts later of course a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. The confusion is the way the pregnancy is terminated. One is natural one is willful but both are abortions. They either understand that or they don't.(termination of a pregnancy vs miscarriage, both are abortions). I guess when a woman naturally aborts the D&C is a natural thing to do so it cannot be an abortion procedure even though an abortion is a miscarriage. When a woman has a D&C for an elective abortion, the D&C then becomes a murder weapon and they don't want to be associated with that.
I think that Sassy, Ink and LLL know that there is no argument on the issue of abortion rights. One either believes in them or one does not. So, they turn to semantics and extraneous bullshit to make drama and deflect from what is the truth: abortion is legal, safe and will stay that way.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Do you folks want to see what the majority of abortiond look like?

http://www.thisismyabortion.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
Do you folks want to see what the majority of abortiond look like?
http://www.thisismyabortion.com/
Yeah but they would rather the graphic images of spontaneous abortions on youtube be the elective abortion. If there is that much fetal tissue left in a uterus after the suction step......I don't know, maybe they should use a Hoover.
Huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Ablation is not used to remove fetal tissue, ablation did not replace the d&c to remove fetal tissue. Why is ablation not used to remove fetal tissue, because it destroys the uterine wall. This is why women who have endometrial ablation are advised to get a hysterectomy or go on birth control. Got it?
Most women who have an endometrial ablation are past menopause. What i posted came from a health care web site,they would know better than you now wouldn't they.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but they would rather the graphic images of spontaneous abortions on youtube be the elective abortion. If there is that much fetal tissue left in a uterus after the suction step......I don't know, maybe they should use a Hoover.
I love the video that Knit is so fond of where they pick gingerly at the "fetus" at the meatus (vaginal opening) for no apparent reason, tearing it apart with a tweezer for dramatic effect. Lol! Why would a physician do such a thing? The fetus is already out of the vaginal canal and is
intact. Why does the "doctor" play with it like a cat teasing a mouse? Ridiculous.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Most women who have an endometrial ablation are past menopause. What i posted came from a health care web site,they would know better than you now wouldn't they.
What are you arguing about? Just feeling fiesty?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Most women who have an endometrial ablation are past menopause. What i posted came from a health care web site,they would know better than you now wouldn't they.
One, prove your first statement. I was not past menopause when mine was done. Two, even your own source didn't say it was used as a treatment after a spontaneous abortion, which IS what a miscarriage is. We were talking about the D&C used after a miscarriage, and YOU tried to say they don't DO a D&C anymore, but an endometrial ablation. You are wrong. Period. You even tried to claim that your doctor said so. You lied. Period. No doctor would ever say something like that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Huskerlicious wrote:
Really? Post menopause women have more ablations than any other?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, prove your first statement. I was not past menopause when mine was done. Two, even your own source didn't say it was used as a treatment after a spontaneous abortion, which IS what a miscarriage is. We were talking about the D&C used after a miscarriage, and YOU tried to say they don't DO a D&C anymore, but an endometrial ablation. You are wrong. Period. You even tried to claim that your doctor said so. You lied. Period. No doctor would ever say something like that.
Maybe she meant peri or pre I don't know lol.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Look, everybody... I think we are all playing into the hands of a couple of pinheads (to use their own term) that are only interested in creating drama by starting endless bickerfests over semantics. They argue over one word or one sentence, literally. And then, LLL has the audacity to tell us that we should interpret HER words as she intended for them to mean, when she doesn't give us that benefit, herself. These women are petty, controlling, dishonorable and mean. That is my genuine opinion of their character and I believe I am correct.

I apologize for lowering myself to LLL's level. She is a manipulative bitch, to be sure, but I am responsible for reacting to her nastiness. I am a better person than that and I didn't act it. In the future, I will act in this venue with the proper ethics I live by in the RW.

I still reserve the right to make irreverent jokes, but I will be gentle. It's in my DNA to laugh at myself and to tease others. I will be kind, however :-)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

P.S. LLL, sorry for calling you a bitch. I think the name is fitting but I could've used a less crude one. I'm sure you will be less than magnanimous in replying to this apology, but I know your nature, by know. It's the best I can do, considering the not-so-nice things you haven post about me. I'll try harder:-)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon "Seattle," as you can see, I don't get onto these threads too much anymore...
I suppose this is a case of you and I viewing the evidence presented to us and arriving at completely different conclusions.
The interesting thing about you, "Moon," and "Pete," is that the three of you can come off quite strongly in stressing your opinions from time to time...perhaps that's the common thread that compels you to continue conversing with one another.
I don't "know" either "Moon," or "Pete," terribly well so if I'm to assign motives here it's merely speculation...nothing more.
I'd wager that "Pete" uses the "Vlad" avatar much in the same way Lady Gaga used her "Meat-Dress": in an effort to shock not for the "shock-value" but to raise awareness of the viciousness some people have to endure because of their sexual orientation.
The reasons "Moon" targets Christianity as enthusiastically as she does is not merely an attempt to discredit the religion in and of itself, but to call to account those who publicly claim their personal "righteousness" yet thoroughly fail in the proverbial "Litmus Test" when their faith is put into daily practice regarding their dealings with others who may or may not happen to share that faith.
Nice to see you back.

:)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oops.
Sorry, Sassy. I got you and Knit mixed up.
That's very easy to do since they're both faux-Christian morons.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. We might actually be on the same page now.
Almost. But still not quite there.
Medically speaking, the limit of viability is not static.
Correct. And the fact that it is NOT static directly contradicts your definition of viability. For if the definition of viability was the ability to survive WITHOUT medical assistance as you claim....then advances in medicine would have no impact on the limits of viability.
Roe v Wade used the 24wk mark because it's 50/50.
50/50 what ???
It doesn't necessarily mean that each and every fetus gestated to 24wks is viable, though.
No it doesn't. You are correct. But by your definition...NO fetus gestated to 24 weeks could ever be viable since you maintain it has a 50/50 chance of REACHING viability....which means it has not yet reached viability. And if it has not yet reached VIABILITY....then that means it is NOT yet viable. And if it is not viable it cannot survive no matter what medical treatment is applied(your words). So by your definition NO fetus gestated to 24 weeks could ever be viable since every fetus born at 24 weeks needs some level of medical treatment, even the one that ultimately end up surviving.
Roe v Wade also included WITH medical treatment in its definition of viability,
Yes it did. And as a result it established legal precedent for the definition of viability for the purpose of abortion statutes. So of what relevance would any other definition be as it relates to the issue of abortion ?
but medically speaking, viability means ability to sustain itself independently (meaning without further medical treatment, not never using medical treatment).
No, medically speaking it does not mean that at all. There is no medical definition of viability that defines it exclusively WITHOUT medical treatment.
Are we on the same page still?
Nope. There's still some work to be done.

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If you work a day shift on a busy floor you won't be sitting much. However, depending only how well your circulatory problem is managed, you should probably try to get onto a mother/baby unit, because you will be active but not usually very hectic. Those patients are usually healthy. You will have to be an RN to work in most hospitals. Yeah, some nurses get burned out, but most just move to a different speciality, venue, schedule, etc. You have to love this job:-)
Really ? You sound like you speak from a wealth of experience. How long is it that you've been a nurse.....20,30 years ???

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Elise is making herself look really stupid if she thinks people buy her "i am a RN "story.
A 55 yr old woman...going to school for nursing...yet is on here round the clock .....AND hasnt worked in years? How does she survive with no income?
By her own admision she hasn't yet worked one day as a nurse.

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Roe v Wade used the 24 week mark because it was the earliest, as of the time of the decision, known point that a fetus could be viable, albeit with artifical means. Roe v Wade wanted to err on the side of caution when it came to protecting the State's interest in protecting a "viable' fetus. All the arguments from the PC side about the definition of "viable" not including "albeit by artifical aide" is irrelevant in abortion law, since Roe v Wade set the legal precedence for the definition of viability. I dont get why you all even waste your time with your "medically speaking" arguments since it has no standing or legal precedence in abortion law over Roe v Wade's definition. Personally, I think if there is any question of whether the fetus is viable or not than it's a whole different consideration than just the woman's right to medical privacy, obviously Roe v Wade agrees, as I think most PC people do.
Exactly. I asked katie the same question. Even if there was a medical definition of viability that defined it exclusively WITHOUT medical assistance ( there isn't ), of what relevance would it have to abortion or abortion statutes ?

Did ya see where Vaddy the coward had the little atrophied nads to call someone else stupid for saying a fetus could be viable at 24 weeks ? He then went on to condescendingly correct that same poster by saying that at 24 weeks the fetus was not viable...but rather had a 50/50 chance of REACHING VIABILITY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
By her own admision she hasn't yet worked one day as a nurse.
You don't actually need to work as a nurse to call yourself a nurse. You need to pass the exam and get your degree first.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 246,581 - 246,600 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••