Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316204 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262158 Oct 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you're not clear on the mechanics of sex. I'm not surprised.
Oh?

Silly sassy.

See, last time i checked, lovemaking included penis/vagina intercourse.

So..yeah....I do know.

Again...if his is in you, do you own it? Can you grab and knife and cut it off?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262159 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. EXACTLY!
That is why foo looks ridiculous calling a D & C "an abortion procedure". Like I said many have D & C s and they arent even pregnant.
He's trying to claim the process of the pregnancy ending has something to do with the D&C procedure.

lost-cause wrote:

"In medical (and veterinary) contexts, the technical term "abortion" refers to any process by which a pregnancy ends with the death and removal or expulsion of the fetus, regardless of whether it is spontaneous or intentionally induced"
http://www.minahealth.com/what_is_miscarriage ... "

His link is about induced and/or spontaneous "abortions", not about the D&C procedure.

He thinks he's proven something but I'm not sure what he thinks he's proven, since we already know what "abortion" is, whether induced or spontaneous. We also know a D&C isn't an induced abortion procedure when used to treat a spontaneous abortion/miscarriage.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262160 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but nothing you say on here medically shows that you are a RN.
Nothing.
Do you ever work? You said that you were contemplating going on food stampsntoo.Why not go work? Anywhere for that matted?
When did you go to school even if you are on here round the clock?
You're right that nothing she says here medically proves she' a nurse. She and the other who claims to have gone to nursing school don't understand that a D&C procedure for a spontaneous abortion is NOT charted as an "abortion". Only induced abortions are charted that way. Therefore, when a D&C is used for any reason other than an induced abortion, it is NOT charted as an abortion as Foo claimed and Bitner chimed in her agreement.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262161 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Oh?
Silly sassy.
So..yeah....I do know.
I'm sorry, Stupid Sassy, but if your husband's penis is stationary inside your vagina, he's doing it wrong.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262162 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. No one needs an abortion for a pregnancy that already spontaneously aborted. That's ridiculous. They want to claim they have medical knowledge and yet they don't know shit.
Elise is making herself look really stupid if she thinks people buy her "i am a RN "story.

A 55 yr old woman...going to school for nursing...yet is on here round the clock .....AND hasnt worked in years? How does she survive with no income?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#262163 Oct 5, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Nursing, like any job in the trenches, is an avocation - if you don't REALLY want to do it, regardless of what it pays, PLEASE DON'T.
Of course, if heeded, this sort of plea serves to reduce the numbers of nurses, but not the need for more....and there will always be a need, especially as populations continue to grow....and grow...and grow...and grow....
Hi, sis! There is an increase in graduate nurses due to community colleges expanding their programs and more private nursing programs sprouting up everywhere. The concern is whether or not the newly accredited schools are graduating capable nurses or just teaching to the NCLEX.

Location hidden

#262164 Oct 5, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>My mother had an older, over-weight guy chasing her around the bed and her yelling at him in that it couldn't be good for his heart. The crap you guys have to put up with,,, no pun intended..
LMAO! Exactly, the whole time the client is flinging the feces at you, you are assessing their physiological/safety/psychosoc ial status. And you wanna know something? I wouldn't trade jobs with anyone :-)

Location hidden

#262165 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. No one needs an abortion for a pregnancy that already spontaneously aborted. That's ridiculous. They want to claim they have medical knowledge and yet they don't know shit.
Of course, if there's no pregnancy, there is no pregnancy to abort. Can you name who is saying that all D&Cs are abortions of pregnancy in a short, succinct post? Please don't write one of your tedious essays :-!
1 post removed

Location hidden

#262167 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"The indication for the procedure is charted at the time of event, of course."
Exactly what we've been saying. So why are you and your friends arguing about it? You're arguing just to argue and not telling us anything we don't already know.
The rest of what you said is irrelevant to the first sentence you wrote, and the point we PLers have been making.
My dear little woman, relax and be quiet for one moment. Since you obviously know very little about what goes on my side of the hospital desk, I can't assume that you know anything about what charts are on the rack and what charts are in the permanent files. And, from what you write, you don't know much. You are very closed-minded and you need to feel that you are the "winner" of every conversation in which you insert yourself. That attitude makes you a perpetual loser. Lighten up, girl.

Location hidden

#262168 Oct 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you're not clear on the mechanics of sex. I'm not surprised.
Do you remember the movie, Seven?

Location hidden

#262169 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. EXACTLY!
That is why foo looks ridiculous calling a D & C "an abortion procedure". Like I said many have D & C s and they arent even pregnant.
I agree with you on that. However, maybe there is technical terminology which supports Foo's statement. Not being in Women's Health, I don't know all the particulars of that specialty. Does it matter all that much?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262170 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember the movie, Seven?
Never had any desire to see it. Not my kind of movie :)

Location hidden

#262171 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but nothing you say on here medically shows that you are a RN.
Nothing.
Do you ever work? You said that you were contemplating going on food stampsntoo.Why not go work? Anywhere for that matted?
When did you go to school even if you are on here round the clock?
What do you do for a living, honey? I don't see that you're have any skills or education in anything on here, but I figure you must have some ability and vocation. I mostly at work at night, silly. If you actually looked before you spewed, you would see that I have an ever changing schedule. You want my story? Here you go, you little busybody: As for school, I graduated in April, worked my old job full time for the summer, took and passed the NCLEX in Sept, and was just offered my first nursing job this week, to be starting in a week or two. I will be working three to four 12-hour, overnight shifts/week. The food stamps conversation took place months ago, love. Luckily, I got my hours back at my old job, so I didn't need assistance. See, some of us are living and loving a life that moves, progresses, grows. Others, I guess like you, are living,enduring a life that stagnates.You seem to be very angry, unhappy and unfulfilled. I'm sorry :-\ Now, would you like to dispel my preconception of you and your life, as I did for you?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262172 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Again...thank you. It is NOT an abortion like they are saying. It's a medical procedure to clean out the uterus. It CAN be used to perform an abortion.
No one said a D&C for a spontaneous abortion was an elective abortion. Everyone has been telling you the procedure, the D&C is the exact same procedure done during an elective abortion. If a woman electively aborts medically or surgically she has to return to make sure it's complete. Her uterus will be scraped by dilation and curettage. The same dilation and curettage that a woman would get if she spontaneously aborted. No one that I've seen has said that a spontaneous abortion is the same as an elective. We've been saying the procedure to scrape the uterus is the same and you and Lil are the ones saying it's for different reasons such as infection. It is not for different reasons, both are abortions whether it's natural or not, both will require a D&C and it's for the same reason, to make sure the abortion is complete. Now, when it comes to charting and coding it will specify Elective or Spontaneous abortion but the procedure is the same.

Location hidden

#262173 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Elise is making herself look really stupid if she thinks people buy her "i am a RN "story.
A 55 yr old woman...going to school for nursing...yet is on here round the clock .....AND hasnt worked in years? How does she survive with no income?
Wow, I'm flattered that you monitor my movements, and a little creeped out. However, you are woefully bad at it. Your "facts" are all wrong. Romney, is that you?

Location hidden

#262174 Oct 5, 2012
:-[
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Oh?
Silly sassy.
So..yeah....I do know.
Yeesh, why would you want to do that? Never mind, I don't want to know... Go mamasota, get your freak on:-[

Location hidden

#262175 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Oh?
Silly sassy.
So..yeah....I do know.
When was that? 1975? Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

Location hidden

#262176 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Again...thank you. It is NOT an abortion like they are saying. It's a medical procedure to clean out the uterus. It CAN be used to perform an abortion.
No one said it was an abortion Sassy. Everyone has said it is the same procedure whether spontaneous or elective.

Location hidden

#262177 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"The indication for the procedure is charted at the time of event, of course."
Exactly what we've been saying. So why are you and your friends arguing about it? You're arguing just to argue and not telling us anything we don't already know.
The rest of what you said is irrelevant to the first sentence you wrote, and the point we PLers have been making.
Did you totally ignore the fact that she and I and others have said repeatedly that it will be charted as a spontaneous abortion if there is a miscarriage and an elective abortion if it's an elective abortion?

Location hidden

#262178 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's no bed of roses, nursing:-D... I've already had punches thrown at me, poop flung at me, etc and I just graduated in April. I'm middle-aged, so I won't be on the job long enough to get burnt out. Anyway, if you want to do this, I recommend you go for your bachelor's degree. We all will be expected to have a BSN, soon.
Really? Why a BSN? Technological advances?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Clearwater 24,342
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Teaman 1,578,879
News Reactions to Trump's statement on violence in V... 1 min Poor Trumpflakes 200
News White nationalists: Charlottesville just a begi... 3 min Retribution 31
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 4 min Just Think 1,126
News 'God has given Trump authority to take out Kim ... 5 min southern at heart 171
News Report: Higher premiums if Trump halts 'Obamaca... 6 min Red Crosse 21
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Reader 285,521
News A Celebration in the Streets, Then Screams 2 hr Christsharians on... 265
More from around the web