Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,557
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262082 Oct 5, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Point of fact: the D&C is to evacuate the womb. Period. It doesn't matter what the secondary purpose is, its MAIN purpose remains the same: to empty the womb.
What is illogical is your ignoring the facts of what she and others have said being TRUE.
Here you go. Here's a person who ignores the facts.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

post 262073

"A D&C IS an abortion procedure..."

She agrees with the rest of what you said, but it's people like her who were claiming a D&C was an "abortion procedure".

It's a treatment procedure when used after an incomplete spontaneous abortion, to prevent infection. It's an abortion procedure when used to perform an elective abortion.

No one disputes a D&C is a procedure to evacuate the contents of the uterus.

The dispute is that it's not a medical abortion procedure when used to treat an incomplete miscarriage.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262083 Oct 5, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
A D&C IS an abortion procedure Lynnie, you jackass. The OP is right, the purpose of a D&C is to get rid of what's in the uterus.
Its YOU that's claiming its different depending on what its being doine FOR.
Its 100% of the time being done FOR "evacuating the uterus", no matter WHAT the "secondary" reason is.
You simply cannot admit you're wrong. Of course you spend your life here being wrong, but hey - why change success huh?
It's a treatment procedure when used after an incomplete spontaneous abortion, to prevent infection. It's an abortion procedure when used to perform an elective abortion.

The dispute is that it's not a medical abortion procedure when used to treat an incomplete miscarriage, NC.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262084 Oct 5, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, some of us DO know that she certainly IS a nurse,...
You expect every person of intelligence and integrity in discussion take YOUR word for it? The word of a proven pathological liar? lol not gonna happen.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#262085 Oct 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yah, but no one said it was charted as a miscarriage then 2 sentences later it's said it's charted as a miscarriage.*Facepalm*
It was pretty comical :)

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#262086 Oct 5, 2012
"In medical (and veterinary) contexts, the technical term "abortion" refers to any process by which a pregnancy ends with the death and removal or expulsion of the fetus, regardless of whether it is spontaneous or intentionally induced"

http://www.minahealth.com/what_is_miscarriage...

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#262087 Oct 5, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't forget about Mr Taz, I think that he could win it all!!
OMG, LC!! Taz would be *the* perfect president. He'll whip everything into a frenzy from the get-go, the military will be brought home to analyze the debris and so determine which pieces will bring in the most revenue. The rest of us will be so busy cleaning up after him (jobs, jobs, jobs), there'll be no time to squabble or worry about what pregnant women are doing with the contents of their uteri, how much sex they're having, if they're enjoying it, and what kind of birth control they prefer.

I am definitely writing Taz in, LC. Thanks!!
: D

Location hidden

#262088 Oct 5, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

"A procedure to remove a fetus that died naturally in utero is a treatment to prevent infection, not an abortion, because the fetus already died and the pregnancy technically ended when it died."

I knew that I had read it, figured that I had better find it because Lynne would come up with some cockamamie reason as to why my post wasn't relevent to the conversation.

Location hidden

#262089 Oct 5, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, LC!! Taz would be *the* perfect president. He'll whip everything into a frenzy from the get-go, the military will be brought home to analyze the debris and so determine which pieces will bring in the most revenue. The rest of us will be so busy cleaning up after him (jobs, jobs, jobs), there'll be no time to squabble or worry about what pregnant women are doing with the contents of their uteri, how much sex they're having, if they're enjoying it, and what kind of birth control they prefer.
I am definitely writing Taz in, LC. Thanks!!
: D
LOL... perfect!

:-)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262090 Oct 5, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
A D&C IS an abortion procedure Lynnie, you jackass. The OP is right, the purpose of a D&C is to get rid of what's in the uterus.
Its YOU that's claiming its different depending on what its being doine FOR.
Its 100% of the time being done FOR "evacuating the uterus", no matter WHAT the "secondary" reason is.
You simply cannot admit you're wrong. Of course you spend your life here being wrong, but hey - why change success huh?
Apparently the medical community did too good a job when abortion was illegal. They worked really hard to convince lay people that a D&Cs weren't abortion procedures in order to protect themselves and their patients. People forget that they can also be performed for other reasons, doesn't mean they aren't an abortion procedures. And the fact is, that even if the fetus is already dead, a D&C performed on the woman IS an abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262091 Oct 5, 2012
Damn, should be a comma between "forget", and "that".

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262092 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted, "We all know a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion."
I know what you meant to say, did you notice I didn't call you a liar or "falsely assume", or accuse? It was an oversight right?
lil Lily wrote:
As for medical charts, you've missed the party, Toots. We've been through that discussion already, months ago when this discussion initially took place. The PCers failed to prove they know anything about medical chartts and medical procedures including your medical "expert", Elise. She made a fool of herself, as a matter of fact when she claimed certain medical knoweldge that any intelligent layperson knew was bs.
Well "toots" I have news for you, you don't need to be a medical "expert" to know that a miscarriage is neither charted or coded or transcribed as a miscarriage nor is an expert required to verify it is not a professional, medical term. You just need access to medical records and oral transcription from a licensed physician. The transcriber then types the transcription in word form. Ask your own physician if you think it's bs.
lil Lily wrote:
In the post in which Katie hightlighted where I misspoke and typed spontaneous miscarriage, the sentence prior I had stated it as spontaneous abortion, which is what miscarriage is medically speaking.
Yes it is a spontaneous abortion, no one is saying it isn't. But it's not referred to as a miscarriage when being charted, coded or transcribed because a medical professional and those who work in the medical field but are not necessarily a "professional" or "expert" do not use the term miscarriage when it's charted, coded or transcribed. A nurse or doctor with respect to the patient will refer to it as a miscarriage but when the doctor is making his notes for the patients chart, he's going to write "spontaneous abortion" and by the time it gets to the transcriber and the coder it's still going to be a spontaneous abortion.
lil Lily wrote:
As for whether or not i'm a nurse, you wouldn't know that anymore than you'd know if lise is one.
I know you're not a nurse. Whether is Elise is a nurse or not I don't know, but I'm guessing she works in the medical field because she knows "miscarriage" is not a professional medical term where as you do not.
lil Lily wrote:
You go by her word and that's all you've got. Her lack of medical knowledge belies her claims she's a nurse or in nursing school. For all we know she's getting her info from someone else who's in nursing school and who also isn't too bright like Elise isn't.
So you always tell the truth right and everyone else is lying?
1 post removed

Location hidden

#262094 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know for a fact that I'm not in the medical field? Just because we don't mention it, doesn't mean we aren't. Just because posters do mention they're in the medical field, doesn't mean they really are.
Do I need to know for a fact you are not in the medical field? No I don't need facts to tell me you're not in the medical field.
lil Lily wrote:
Cpeter claims to have worked in the medical field for 14 years, yet he also tried to claim as fact that a late term abortion is needed for a woman who has eclampsia in late pregnancy. He said a c-section would "kill" her. Intelligent, knowledgable people who may or may not work in the medical field know that's total crap. Delivery vaginally or c-section is the treatment for eclampsia in late pregnancy, not abortion.
And intelligent, knowledgeable people who do work in the medical field know that delivery is only one treatment for eclampsia, not the only treatment. If the fetus is viable they will deliver immediately either vaginally or by c-section it depends on the health of the mother and the fetus as to which one would be safest for both. A C-section could kill her, she could stroke out, go into a coma or bleed to death to name a few. If it is not a viable fetus then a LTA will be done.
lil Lily wrote:
You can be continue being naive and believe everything PCers here claim. Sensible, intelligent, knowledgable PLers, myself included, aren't naive and know better.
I beg to differ.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262095 Oct 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I know what you meant to say, did you notice I didn't call you a liar or "falsely assume", or accuse? It was an oversight right?
<quoted text>Well "toots" I have news for you, you don't need to be a medical "expert" to know that a miscarriage is neither charted or coded or transcribed as a miscarriage nor is an expert required to verify it is not a professional, medical term. You just need access to medical records and oral transcription from a licensed physician. The transcriber then types the transcription in word form. Ask your own physician if you think it's bs.
<quoted text>Yes it is a spontaneous abortion, no one is saying it isn't. But it's not referred to as a miscarriage when being charted, coded or transcribed because a medical professional and those who work in the medical field but are not necessarily a "professional" or "expert" do not use the term miscarriage when it's charted, coded or transcribed. A nurse or doctor with respect to the patient will refer to it as a miscarriage but when the doctor is making his notes for the patients chart, he's going to write "spontaneous abortion" and by the time it gets to the transcriber and the coder it's still going to be a spontaneous abortion.
<quoted text>I know you're not a nurse. Whether is Elise is a nurse or not I don't know, but I'm guessing she works in the medical field because she knows "miscarriage" is not a professional medical term where as you do not.
<quoted text>So you always tell the truth right and everyone else is lying?
"But it's not referred to as a miscarriage when being charted,..."

I never said "miscarriage" was a medical term. I said spontaneous abortion was. When I typed it was charted as "spontaneous miscarriage", it wasn't what I meant to type, and have said I misspoke. Do you need the definitnion of that word too?

I meant to type *spontaneous abortion*, as I had typed it 2 sentences prior in the same post. I've explained this how many times now? Not once did I mean to say or type "miscarriage".

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#262096 Oct 5, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll just have to agree to disagree.:)
I'm good with that.

:)

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#262097 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted, "We all know a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion."
As for medical charts, you've missed the party, Toots. We've been through that discussion already, months ago when this discussion initially took place. The PCers failed to prove they know anything about medical chartts and medical procedures including your medical "expert", Elise. She made a fool of herself, as a matter of fact when she claimed certain medical knoweldge that any intelligent layperson knew was bs.
In the post in which Katie hightlighted where I misspoke and typed spontaneous miscarriage, the sentence prior I had stated it as spontaneous abortion, which is what miscarriage is medically speaking.
As for whether or not i'm a nurse, you wouldn't know that anymore than you'd know if lise is one. You go by her word and that's all you've got. Her lack of medical knowledge belies her claims she's a nurse or in nursing school. For all we know she's getting her info from someone else who's in nursing school and who also isn't too bright like Elise isn't.
You are what happens when one bullshits so much that one cannot believe that other people tell the truth. There's something very wrong with you.

Location hidden

#262098 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The dispute is that it's not a medical abortion procedure when used to treat an incomplete miscarriage, NC.
You're having a tough time understanding aren't you? Let me Dick and Jane it for you.
Elective Abortion =(Medicine / Gynaecology & Obstetrics) an operation or other procedure to terminate a pregnancy before the fetus is viable.
Spontaneous Abortion (miscarriage)= spontaneous abortion - a natural loss of the products of conception.

One is induced the other natural.
Now here is the treatment for both types of abortions (natural and induced)
Surgery, D and C (dilation and curettage) or medication (such as misoprostol) may be needed to remove the remaining contents from the uterus.

It doesn't make any difference how the contents come out whether induced or natural, the procedures are the same for both types of abortions.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262099 Oct 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> Do I need to know for a fact you are not in the medical field? No I don't need facts to tell me you're not in the medical field.
<quoted text> And intelligent, knowledgeable people who do work in the medical field know that delivery is only one treatment for eclampsia, not the only treatment. If the fetus is viable they will deliver immediately either vaginally or by c-section it depends on the health of the mother and the fetus as to which one would be safest for both. A C-section could kill her, she could stroke out, go into a coma or bleed to death to name a few. If it is not a viable fetus then a LTA will be done.
<quoted text>I beg to differ.
"Do I need to know for a fact you are not in the medical field? No I don't need facts to tell me you're not in the medical field."

Just like we PLers know Elise and Petey aren't.

"And intelligent, knowledgeable people who do work in the medical field know that delivery is only one treatment for eclampsia, not the only treatment. If the fetus is viable they will deliver immediately either vaginally or by c-section it depends on the health of the mother and the fetus as to which one would be safest for both. A C-section could kill her, she could stroke out, go into a coma or bleed to death to name a few. If it is not a viable fetus then a LTA will be done."

You either don't pay attention or you don't understand what's written.

I didn't say a c-section [couldn't] kill her. ALL surgeries carry risks, including late term abortions which also have to be "delivered" one way or another.

I said for a viable fetus a vaginal birth or c-section is the treatment for eclampsia. CPETER (who claimed to have worked in the medical field for 14 years), said a c-section WOULD kill her and is why an LTA on a viable fetus is done for eclampsia.

Need me to Dick and Jane it more, you're out of luck. That's as simple as i can make it for the intellectually impaired.

Location hidden

#262100 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"But it's not referred to as a miscarriage when being charted,..."
I never said "miscarriage" was a medical term. I said spontaneous abortion was. When I typed it was charted as "spontaneous miscarriage", it wasn't what I meant to type, and have said I misspoke. Do you need the definitnion of that word too?
I meant to type *spontaneous abortion*, as I had typed it 2 sentences prior in the same post. I've explained this how many times now? Not once did I mean to say or type "miscarriage".
So you agree with Elise then that when a woman has a miscarriage it is not charted as a miscarriage because miscarriage is not the proper medical term and it is charted as a spontaneous abortion correct? What is your point in belittling her medical knowledge if you agree with her?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#262101 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't pay attention and can't read for comprehension.
I posted, "No one said it was charted as "miscarriage". We all know **a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion**.
We were talking about the D&C procedure, and one is charted as a treatment after spontaneous miscarriage, and the other is charted as an elective abortion."
Since in the previous sentences I said, "No one said it was charted as "miscarriage" and then said, "We all know **a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion",
logic would tell intelligent people that when I typed, " and one is charted as a treatment after spontaneous miscarriage, and the other is charted as an elective abortion.",
I simply misspoke and meant to type,[one is charted as spontaneous abortion, and the other elective abortion.]
You and Katie look like childish fools nitpicking at something obviously just misspoken.
You "misspeak" to an astonishing degree, honey.

Location hidden

#262102 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do I need to know for a fact you are not in the medical field? No I don't need facts to tell me you're not in the medical field."
Just like we PLers know Elise and Petey aren't.
But yet you agree a miscarriage is not charted as a miscarriage which is what Elise said. Both of you obviously have the same medical knowledge but only one of you is a actually a nurse.
lil Lily wrote:
"And intelligent, knowledgeable people who do work in the medical field know that delivery is only one treatment for eclampsia, not the only treatment. If the fetus is viable they will deliver immediately either vaginally or by c-section it depends on the health of the mother and the fetus as to which one would be safest for both. A C-section could kill her, she could stroke out, go into a coma or bleed to death to name a few. If it is not a viable fetus then a LTA will be done."
You either don't pay attention or you don't understand what's written.
I can only read what you write, if i'm not clear, you're not being clear.
lil Lily wrote:
I didn't say a c-section [couldn't] kill her. ALL surgeries carry risks, including late term abortions which also have to be "delivered" one way or another.
And I didn't say you said a C-section couldn't kill her, I am affirming with Cpeter that it could.
lil Lily wrote:
I said for a viable fetus a vaginal birth or c-section is the treatment for eclampsia. CPETER (who claimed to have worked in the medical field for 14 years), said a c-section WOULD kill her and is why an LTA on a viable fetus is done for eclampsia.
Need me to Dick and Jane it more, you're out of luck. That's as simple as i can make it for the intellectually impaired.
Can you provide the post that Cpeter said an LTA is done on a viable fetus? I can't just take your word for it can I?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 3 min Victim of Diversity 2,713
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min GOTP 153,086
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min MikeF 116,546
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Wilbur 55,860
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min USAsince1680 1,109,257
Sheriff warns of threats from ISIS, says Qurans... 12 min what a coward 5
Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a... 16 min Mr Johnson 416
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 37 min Righteous 180
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 56 min Righteous 263
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 59 min Valerie 261,569