Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311628 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#260447 Sep 26, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> So I guess fooL isnt a mother then because she didnt give birth?
Or Skanky who's a Mother but it doesn't have a thing to do with children.

Location hidden

#260448 Sep 26, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I want to know why you people agree with our law that restricts her choices(FORCES her to gestate an unwanted child).
A woman could be.married and.pregnant and have her husband leave her. She might want to kill his child because she wants nothing to do with him or their child.
If you were truly prochoice, youd support her killing her unwanted child when SHE hoosesnto. How dare you FORCE her to gestate this unwanted non-entity,parasite young 'un. She will abuse and kill him/her after birth because he/she wasnt wanted, right?
Do you PRACTICE at being this stupid Skanky, or does it come naturally?

Did your Catholic upbringing teach you to be a jackass?

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#260449 Sep 26, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically He/She only gets credit for the good things that happen in nature?
No. He created nature and free will and interferes with neither....positive or negative.
"God blessed us with this wonderful child"
"God blessed our daughter with this amazing talent"
"God blessed..."
Expressions. People can say anything they want. Doesn't make it so. Means as much as a parent who loses a child through an accident saying "God has punished me by taking my wonderful child".

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#260450 Sep 26, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>A pregnant woman is a mother. Abortion just means that a mother has killed her child. She is still a mother, just the mother of a dead baby instead of a living baby.
In your mind she is. Do you by gifts on Mothers Day for women you know that are childless because of a miscarriage? If not, your logic is flawed.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#260451 Sep 26, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Logically, scientifically, and in most cases a woman will have more emotion about it than a man. My sisters daughter in law miscarried about a month ago. It would have been her fourth child, his 7th biological child. She's hurt and p.o because she doesn't think he's grieving as much as she thinks he should. It will vary from woman to woman what she says. Jessica said she "lost it". Some will say "I lost my baby", so I really don't see what your point is. My mom had two miscarriages and I do not recall her ever saying I lost "a baby" or "two children", she simply said miscarried or "I lost two". All of them are right and one isn't more insensitive because she doesn't say "baby".
my mom always mentioned her miscarriages when people asked how many kids she had. She said that when she dies, she will meet them again. One was 6months. She had alot of children but never forgot them.

Location hidden

#260452 Sep 26, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me but you are the one who thinks girls should not have to take responsibility for her actions. Dont want a baby, then dont get pregnant. REAL simple.
OR have an abortion.
Women killing their existing child/offspring in or out of the womb is common.
Women killing their living children is NOT common you moron.

Women exercising their right to CHOOSE to abort is something they've done for centuries. Eon's even. Abortion has been around since pregnancy has been.

“Game on !”

nyc

#260453 Sep 26, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just it Doc, I want it to remain legal because if it's not I can see all of the problems that it would create for women. You on the other hand would like to see it made illegal and are ok with the exception that you have came up with.
Sure you want it to remain legal. But we were dealing with a hypothetical that assumed it was NOT legal. And I was asked how I would affect an exception for rape in that case.
You agreed with the scenario I came up with and now condemn me as as someone who does not care about women based on a scenario that YOU agreed with !!!

Location hidden

#260454 Sep 26, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Hey fooL? Pete says your not a mother because you didnt give birth.
I'm not a biological mother, he's correct.
I disagree.
THere's a shock.
A mother is someone who conceives her child and mothers them.
A mother is someone who awaits the birth or arrival(an older child) of their child conceived by another woman. The biological mother and the mother who raises that child.
You insult not only adoptive parents but adoptive children.
He's not insulting anyone. He's correct. Birthing a child does NOT make one a "mother". There's a whole lot of women out there who are biological mothers, but shouldn't be allowed near children.

Raising a child does not make one a "mother". I've seen evidence daily of women that raised girls and women that have been terribly abused by husbands or brothers, and they ignored it or worse: blamed the abused.

I will agree with you on this tho: it takes a lot more than a womb to make a "mother".

“Game on !”

nyc

#260455 Sep 26, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies if you signed out after replying to my post that was just two above my "why no" post.
I'm gonna have to step back here and think about whether or not to forgive you. This one cut deep.....

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#260456 Sep 26, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you would know of the My Lai Massacre.
I may have heard some whispering.

Location hidden

#260457 Sep 26, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing wrong with referring to the stage of life of that child. When i was pregnant, i told people i was pregnant. It refers to the fact that my child is located in me and not born yet. Doesnt dehumanize my child by referring to being pregnant.
If someone asks me today if i am a mom i will say yes then proceed to give their stage of life of each. I have young and older ones. Does me referring to their stage of life mean anything detrimental towards them? No.
If i had one in utero id say i have a (example) 4 year old, a 20 year old and im pregnant with one.
As Ink said, its often a religous thing too. Many Jewish women, especially orthodox ones, will not discuss being pregnant at all, and will not call it a "baby" ever, until its born.

If you had a miscarriage, and its years later and you're asked, you would say "I have (example) a 16 year old and a 4 year old". You woudn't bring up the miscarriage, unless maybe the discussion was ABOUT lost pregnancies.

Location hidden

#260458 Sep 26, 2012
letsyakalot wrote:
<quoted text>You killed most of yours didn't ya.
Nope. I didn't actually. Altered 'em a bit, but didn't kill 'em.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#260459 Sep 26, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. She admitted she misunderstood and apologized.
Kills ya don't it ?
Keep tryin.
Okay she admitted she misunderstood and apologized. Something you're incapable of no matter how nicely or angrily it's put to you.

Why would you wrongly assume it "kills ya don't it ?" It certainly doesn't. Still breathing.

Finally, why would you wrongly assume I'd "keep tryin" something I haven't even started yet?

Location hidden

#260460 Sep 26, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> According to Petey "she" was not your mother because she didnt give birth to you.
Oh well.
Pete was talking about biological mothers. I'm capable of understanding what he was saying without you trying to stir shit needlessly.

Location hidden

#260461 Sep 26, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was referring to induced, or elective abortions. Miscarriages have nothing to do with choice, or what women choose to do.
And you have less to do with an individuals choice.

Location hidden

#260462 Sep 26, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Good point. It shocks me too how pupsy spiraled out of control. She USED to be a great defender of life. Shes been silenced on here. She USED to be able to defend AND be civil.
Sad.
She's not been silenced. She is very active for the PL cause, only she does it without pissing poeple off JUST to piss them off.

She still defends AND is civil. SHe's not here because of personal issues at home, something you'd know if you bothered to actually read when she posts.

What more do you want her to say Skanky? We know how she feels. I can state with 100% accuracy, that she's against abortion for ANY reason. I can state that she fights for what she believes WITHOUT making enemies, without lying about the issues, and without making an ass of herself, something you cant claim.

Pups, OL and many others are positive examples of the Pro-life movement. They can discuss and disagree without the melodramatic bullshit you inject into these "discussions". You, Lynne, Knut, Inkstain, are the worst examples of the PL movement. You're not much better than the abortion clinic bombers or murderers. You're just as extreme in a negative way.

Location hidden

#260463 Sep 26, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> my mom always mentioned her miscarriages when people asked how many kids she had. She said that when she dies, she will meet them again. One was 6months. She had alot of children but never forgot them.
When talking about the # of children my mom never mentioned the two miscarriages. When talking about miscarriages yes. Sorry for your moms loss.

“Game on !”

nyc

#260464 Sep 26, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion, much like adoption, is totally unnecessary for me. I enjoyed being pregnant, I like being a mother, I wouldn't mind raising another child and because of that, there is no reason for me to choose abortion nor give up a child for adoption.
Saying it is unnecessary for you is a lot different then saying you have a personal problem with it.
If I say it is unnecessary for me to steal because I have everything I could want....is not the same as saying I have a personal problem with taking something that doesn't belong to me.
Get the distinction here ?
I truly fail to see what's so hard to understand about that. I've explained my reason, ad nauseum. There's no reason to feel I've been dishonest or elusive when I've stated my reason quite clearly and quite concisely. You're not keen on my answer and that's cool. However, to claim that I did not answer the question, I did not explain myself or was dishonest in my answer is a falsity.
I never said you were dishonest. Less than forthcoming maybe.....but not dishonest.
I'll put it to you this way.....and this is as clear as I can make it. Other than the fact that you enjoy being a mother and would not mind having another child....do you, in principle, have a personal moral or ethical problem with the procedure of abortion ?
I hope you have a good day.
Ditto.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#260465 Sep 26, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>In your mind she is. Do you by gifts on Mothers Day for women you know that are childless because of a miscarriage? If not, your logic is flawed.
Do you buy a gift for a woman whos only 12 yr old daughter died? No.

Did people give me a wedding anniversary card after my husbands death? No.

Location hidden

#260466 Sep 26, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Uh no they dont. In fact, my Dr and taff call us mom.
"Okay Mom..lets get on the scale"
"Okay mom...lets see how much your baby has grown".
"Okay mom..heres your babys beating heart...oh..theres the arm..leg..."
She was talking about a prenatal class, and I gave an example that I saw just this week. And no, they did NOT.

Some do, some dont, its really irrelevant either way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Special Days Special People 1 min Special 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Chicagoan by Birth 239,826
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,420,059
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min abc 7,972
News In-person voting fraud is rare, doesn't affect ... 9 min spocko 176
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 min Frankie Rizzo 16,092
News The Latest: Trump gets support from leader of '... 12 min YouDidntBuildThat 14
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 12 min Cheech the Conser... 393,382
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 1 hr bottlecap 116
More from around the web