Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310476 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#252446 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made you boss?
I did.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#252447 Aug 12, 2012
Reminds me of quote from the series "Torchwood":

Captain Jack Harkness: There you go. I can taste it. Oestrogen. Definitely oestrogen. You take the pill, flush it away, it enters the water cycle, feminises the fish. Goes all the way up into the sky, then falls all the way back down onto me. Contraceptives in the rain. Love this planet. Still, at least I won't get pregnant. Never doing that again.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to a pretend pregnant man. Tell him his civil rights mean nothing because he got himself in this predicament and must be punished and take responsibility for his bad, bad behavior. Go on and tell him, after he's carefully considered all his options, that he must remain pregnant because the life growing within (even though it's the size of pomegranate seed when the majority of abortions take place) has more value, worth, and importance. That man would laugh and laugh and then offer you the door.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#252448 Aug 12, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky's "babe" (somebody else's child Chicky loves and cares for) is one of these babies. Born without a functioning brain, the PL OB refused to tell mom the dire straits of her pregnancy. Her birth has wreaked havoc on the family, drained them of their finances, and all while insurance companies refuse certain treatments because "babe" is not seen as one who'd benefit from treatment. It's cruel to do this to parents and children, imo. Chicky has posted about it in this very thread, but I have no idea where it would be found. It does give insight to her stance on abortion. That and other anecdotes she's shared. I, personally, think Chicky's got a good grasp on this issue and has much to offer people if they would listen. jmo
Yep. Their OB conveniently neglected to tell the parents that this child would be what amounts to a living vegetable.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#252449 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood but I was pointing out the problems for men being irresponsible. They are no party either. At least one of the people involved should have enough smarts to use BC.
Be realistic, for once. You can't force people to use BC and you can't force a woman to stay pregnant. People have sex and some of them are irresponsible, some of the time. We cannot do a thing about that. If we could, it would have been done years and years ago. Sex happens. Period. You have no right to force a woman to carry a preganancy to term. Period.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252450 Aug 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>
Be realistic, for once. You can't force people to use BC and you can't force a woman to stay pregnant. People have sex and some of them are irresponsible, some of the time. We cannot do a thing about that. If we could, it would have been done years and years ago. Sex happens. Period. You have no right to force a woman to carry a preganancy to term. Period.
Abortion is legal, so you shouldn't have a problem. For almost forty years now.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#252451 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is legal, so you shouldn't have a problem. For almost forty years now.
Are you saying that you nobody has an intention to try to impinge upon abortion rights, at all? If you can't answer that question with an honest "yes" than we most definitely do have a problem.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252452 Aug 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that you nobody has an intention to try to impinge upon abortion rights, at all? If you can't answer that question with an honest "yes" than we most definitely do have a problem.
Not at the federal level.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#252453 Aug 12, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"The report did not indicate that any of the 420 late abortions were performed because of maternal health problems."
It didn't report that they weren't either Lynne, you idiot.

Location hidden

#252454 Aug 12, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such an ignorant blowhard.
We're talking about VIABLE fetuses meaning; a fetus that has a good chance to survive outside of the womb.
I'm talking about that too Lynne, you ass. MOST of those medical issues are dealing WITH viable fetus's. VIABLE DOESN'T MEAN HEALTHY you moron.
We're also talking about health risk to mother, and in late term abortions, there's as much a risk to the woman having a later term abortion on a viable fetus as giving birth.
And that's NOT your call to make unles its YOUR decision to make.

Health risks to the mother that would justify abortions would mean the health risks are MORE risky than the abortion would be.

Lynne, stop trying to twist things. You fail EVERY TIME and make yourself look like an even BIGGER idiot.

Location hidden

#252455 Aug 12, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they often have to "undergo surgery" to kill their viable child in utero.
Yes they do. But its considered a NECESSISARY surgery.

What part of MANY women dont WANT to birth a deformed or dying baby do you not understand Lynne, you stupid bitch? Did you bother to read the article I posted from one woman that DID have to undergo such a procedure?

I suppose you, the high school dropout that dropped two of yours into a toilet thinks you know better than women that actually MADE these decisions.@@

Location hidden

#252456 Aug 12, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about VIABLE fetuses. So your post is irrelevant to that, as usual.
Yes Lynniekins we got you making that moronic claim the first three times you mentioned it.

FACT IS that most of those medical issues WOULD result in a "viable fetus". Not a healthy one however.

Which of course makes YOUR obsessive posts both moot and stupid.

As usual.
bondzella dream

Brooklyn, NY

#252457 Aug 12, 2012
We all began our new life at conception. Our life's journey through all the stages of life means developing body,mind and soul. We were created unique and we all have a place in this world. We aren't just created for no purpose. We are special no matter how we were conceived . We aren't valued simply by our parents character nor is our meaning diminished or great end by them.

I was conceived in rape. My mom didn't know biologist father. My mom gave me life because she saw me as unique and not something to be thrown in the garbage because of the man who raped her. I matter. I'm not a nobody or someones spawn
I'm a human being. Please don't tell me that anyone is garbage material. I know have three beautiful children with wonderful husband who loves me to pieces. My children were conceived I'm love but they were not more worthy to love because of that fact.my mom adores me and my family and o respect her for being so selfless and lovong to her only child that she was able to have. She's a wonderful person friend and spirit.

Thanks for listening. Good day to all and respect life.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#252459 Aug 12, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of us have said that we accept the exceptions for mother's life at risk. What's being questioned right now is about a VIABLE fetus.
You dont know what viable means. It DOESN'T NECESSISARILY MEAN HEALTHY OR ONE THAT WILL SURVIVE FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME.

Location hidden

#252460 Aug 12, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to include me by calling me "Lynne" as you ignorantly keep doing,
Nothing ignorant about calling you by the name you've been known here as for over 7 years.
but I have always said a woman should have a right to abort if her life is at risk.
Bullshit. In fact, you JUST said there is NO justifiable reason for a late term abortion, when in fact there IS.
The issue being discussed right now is of a VIABLE fetus. Even most PC agree to limits at viability. Why are you acting so self-righteous as though you don't agree on limits at viability? Oh, excuse me, it's because you're an ignorant buffoon.
A VIABLE fetus born in 3rd tri-mester generally does NOT have the health issues as one born at 20 weeks. Sure they need to be in incubators, but a viable healthy fetus born 24 weeks on usually survives just fine.
ROFLMAO! Look at Lynniekins PROJECTING when calling someone ELSE an "ignorant buffoon".

A VIABLE fetus doesn't mean its healthy you stupid shit. Viability only means that it can survive outside the womb.

Oh and BTW, the "discussion right now" is covering a LOT of things. YOU dont get to determine the direction of a discussion, nor do you get to direct the comments made. Dont like it? Fuckoff and go to a forum where you're NOT considered a joke. If you can find one that is.

“Live in purple”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#252461 Aug 12, 2012
bondzella dream wrote:
We all began our new life at conception. Our life's journey through all the stages of life means developing body,mind and soul. We were created unique and we all have a place in this world. We aren't just created for no purpose. We are special no matter how we were conceived . We aren't valued simply by our parents character nor is our meaning diminished or great end by them.
I was conceived in rape. My mom didn't know biologist father. My mom gave me life because she saw me as unique and not something to be thrown in the garbage because of the man who raped her. I matter. I'm not a nobody or someones spawn
I'm a human being. Please don't tell me that anyone is garbage material. I know have three beautiful children with wonderful husband who loves me to pieces. My children were conceived I'm love but they were not more worthy to love because of that fact.my mom adores me and my family and o respect her for being so selfless and lovong to her only child that she was able to have. She's a wonderful person friend and spirit.
Hello Sir. I respectfully say you're lying. Good day to you too.

Location hidden

#252462 Aug 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, oh dorky one.
Lord, I ask humbly that you bequeath your not-so-sharp servant, Ink, with a sense of humor. Amen.
:)
Or just sense would do. Amen.

Location hidden

#252463 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are not as funny as you think.
Actually she's funnier than YOU think. Of course you're dim as a dead 100 watt bulb, and its well known you DONT think, so.....

“Live in purple”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#252464 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at the federal level.
If you and yours would keep your religion in your own pocket then this debate would be over. You do what You want and leave other people to do what they want. Slam of the gavel and the case is closed.

Location hidden

#252465 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no civil rights if a pregnancy occurs. He is stuck with a kid he doesn't want from a mother he has no interest in for the next twenty years even though it seemed like fun at the time.
Having a kid or a pregnancy occouring does not negate his CIVIL rights you stupid thing. Good lord,get an education would you please? Your stupidity is painful to watch.

Location hidden

#252466 Aug 12, 2012
bondzella dream wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Good try oh person that never has posted here before.@@

I know a woman conceived in a rape, she was given up for adoption, and lives a great life today. She searched out her birth mother - worst mistake she ever made as she was told by the woman that she wished she'd aborted, and that the only reason she didnt was her parents forced her to gestate. She told her to go away and never come back and closed the door in her face. Rhea lives a wonderful life, with a wonderful husband and three beautiful kids. But she wishes she never sought out the woman that gestated her.

People aren't "worthy of love" just because they were gestated. People EARN being "worthy of love". NOT all women that are raped want to gestate, and not all women that gestated are happy they did.

You freaks seem to think this is a black and white, one size fits all issue and the FACT IS ITS NOT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Earthling-1 54,503
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 13 min Agents of Corruption 12,562
News Dozens rally in Michigan for ex-Marine held in ... 31 min Joe Balls 1
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 33 min Thinking 47,780
News Republicans are going to hate what Donald Trump... 35 min jimi-yank 29
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 44 min IND 193,609
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 51 min Quirky 340,808
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,275,358
News Donald Trump proves his hair is real 2 hr Michelle has a cock 60
More from around the web