Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346394 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#239713 May 21, 2012

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#239714 May 21, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
I try and not put religion in this debate,they are too many different beliefs. Maybe she did,but that's not what she wrote.
BTW..are you living in Utica?
No, I"m between Syracuse and Oswego. LOVE it! Are you nearby?

Its hard sometimes to NOT put religion into it I understand, but in a way, its very much part of the discussion too, if only because poeple of some faiths want to take away the rights of other faiths to make their own medical decisions. Decisions that area not only allowed by our laws, but by the mandates of our faiths as well if that makes sense.
sassychic

Jackson, NJ

#239715 May 21, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. So you think a fetus who will stop living if disconnected from is host, is alive the same way a woman that needs no host is?
Is a woman who was in a car accident, and is in a coma on life support, alive in the same way that you are?

“Live in purple”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#239716 May 21, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>What is sick and appalling is the murder of the unborn. And you uphold that. Yep, Chicky is in big trouble, Satan will get to her in due time.
Then she's completely safe because Satan is the manifestation of sick minds that have no grasp on reality.
sassychic

Jackson, NJ

#239717 May 21, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> No, I"m between Syracuse and Oswego. LOVE it! Are you nearby?
Its hard sometimes to NOT put religion into it I understand, but in a way, its very much part of the discussion too, if only because poeple of some faiths want to take away the rights of other faiths to make their own medical decisions. Decisions that area not only allowed by our laws, but by the mandates of our faiths as well if that makes sense.
This is funny coming from someone who uses their religion(one that isnt practiced)to support theit agenda.
sassychic

Jackson, NJ

#239718 May 21, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu're a moron Knutbar. The Nazi's were murderers, and murdered millions of walking around people (to quote Judge Scalia). ZEFS are not people with lives, loves and asperations that's a FACT, deal with it.
Do you consider an old, bedridden,crippled, lonely, half blind, woman in a nursing home, that has no family or loved ones...waiting to die...."people with lives, love and asperations"?
1 post removed

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Since: Oct 10

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#239720 May 21, 2012
sassychic wrote:
<quoted text>Is a woman who was in a car accident, and is in a coma on life support, alive in the same way that you are?
Obviously not. Technically, without life support the bytch is dead. Duh.

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Since: Oct 10

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#239721 May 21, 2012
sassychic wrote:
<quoted text>Do you consider an old, bedridden,crippled, lonely, half blind, woman in a nursing home, that has no family or loved ones...waiting to die...."people with lives, love and asperations"?
Of course. Don't you?

“Live in purple”

Location hidden

#239722 May 21, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some that would love to be sitting in a pew when it was read aloud..
Sadly, though over the many years that she has been posting here. That little gem is only one of many.. Yes many of such posts that can be found from her on this forum and others. She has been banned on more than one occasion for violating topix TOS. She of course blames every one, but herself.
The only ones that do not see her as being a sick twisted freak are her fellow antichoice fools.
Banned? She needs to be locked up in an institution.
sassychic

Jackson, NJ

#239723 May 21, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
It starts with the threshold of viability, where the possibility of reaching viability exists, and ends when the infant reaches viability when support is no longer needed.
A viable fetus no longer needs support.
How stupid are you? What is wrong with you? How can you not grasp this?
If you still can't accept the facts, it's all on you.
"A viable fetus no longer needs support"

Not true.

“Live in purple”

Location hidden

#239724 May 21, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> There have been four hundred million unborn children murdered by abortion. I don't care what Scalia says, he has to answer to God, just like you will.
Zeus?

“Live in purple”

Location hidden

#239725 May 21, 2012
knit and fart puplicious wrote:
I had sex with Jesus. He came into me. Jesus is my lover.
How was it?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#239726 May 21, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pathetic. Just like Doc Puppet asking the same question over and over and over and over, after it's been answered multiple times, because you haven't given him the answer HE wants.
STO? Wtf is wrong with these people?
I know part of it is because they have no concrete proof of their claims. Their claims are merely unsubstantiated opinion so they either truly believe everything everyone else says is the same OR they simply can't discriminate between fact and fiction. However , when presented with scientific or legal information that is indeed factual, they continue the denials or insist that somehow they are still correct or behave the way you just described with LyinLynneDuh.
What's WRONG WITH THEM?? What?
Doc's been dodging my question for months. He said a state sanctioned abortion is illegal, when granted on a case by case basis. He likened it to voter fraud where the state is not
granting permission on a case by case basis. I fixed his analogy where the state IS granting permission on a case by case basis, and haven't heard a peep outta him, since. Just the same ol' same ol', "I answered you. Go find it. Ad hom. Ad hom.".

If he's so solid in his explanation, should be easy enough to repost it.

lilLynne just denies she ever posted her posts. lol

So, what's wrong with them, you ask? Good question. I'd say, they have control issues and are unable to take responsibility for themselves. It's an insecurity thing for them. When one refuses to listen and try to understand the opposition, they can tell themselves they're right -- cuz in their minds, the opposition's argument doesn't exist. Can't blame'em much for being deaf and isolated.

Location hidden

#239727 May 21, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> There have been four hundred million unborn children murdered by abortion. I don't care what Scalia says, he has to answer to God, just like you will.
Yes we will, and while I can't speak for him, I certainly have NO problem with that. I WILL answer to G-d ........

but NOT to the likes of YOU who are worth less than the shit my dogs leave on the lawn.

YOU mean NOTHING Knutbar. And you CERTAINLY dont speak for ANYBODIES Lord. Guaranteed.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#239728 May 21, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
400 million from the beginning of mankind til now? Or 400 million just today?

Do you wonder why approx. 400 million women would make that choice? Or does it not matter?

That's a big number, so you gotta wonder why all those women reject your beliefs. Maybe your beliefs are flawed. Think about it.

Location hidden

#239729 May 21, 2012
sassychic wrote:
<quoted text> This is funny coming from someone who uses their religion(one that isnt practiced)to support theit agenda.
And THIS is funny from one who claims to be Catholic, but doesn't practice at all, as evidenced by the freaks bearing false witness right here.

The fact is I certainly DO practice my faith, and I in NO way use my faith to support my agenda. I ONLY bring up my faith and the laws of it when your kind want to stop people OF my faith from PRACTICING their faith. And that practice INCLUDES the right to abort, and the right to have that decision to be between them, their doctor and their Lord.

YOU on the other hand, would like to take away that right both by man's law AND the free will G-d gave us, and THATS a fact.

What I just said to the Kuntbar applies to you too.

YOU are meaningless in the equation of women's decisions and G-d's law.

At the end of the day, its between she and her Lord, and YOU dont mean SHIT in that equation.

And THAT is a fact too.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#239730 May 21, 2012
sassychic wrote:
<quoted text> "A viable fetus no longer needs support"
Not true.
If a fetus is viable, it can be born at any time. Therefore, being inside of and attached to the woman is no longer necessary to stop it from expiring. Right?

Location hidden

#239731 May 21, 2012
sassychic wrote:
<quoted text> Do you consider an old, bedridden,crippled, lonely, half blind, woman in a nursing home, that has no family or loved ones...waiting to die...."people with lives, love and asperations"?
Yes.

Apparently you dont.

Tell us Skankdawg, does your new boss know you are wasting their time and money on the internet during your night shift?

Location hidden

#239732 May 21, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
400 million from the beginning of mankind til now? Or 400 million just today?
Do you wonder why approx. 400 million women would make that choice? Or does it not matter?
That's a big number, so you gotta wonder why all those women reject your beliefs. Maybe your beliefs are flawed. Think about it.
Its her brain that's flawed STO, much like the Skanks too. These freaks are pathetic.

Badaxe

“docendo discimus”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#239733 May 21, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
BA, the word ALBEIT = however, but, except, etc. That means, the "definition" RvW provides of VIABILITY is not an actual medical definition because it "is not a proper legislative or judicial function to fix viability..." The court is leaving it up to the responsible physician and to use judgement case by case.
This is what Chicky has been saying all along and she is right. You just proved she is. Just take a moment and think about it all, let it sink in. I have faith you will be able to understand where folks like NR, Doc, and Triple L are not.
My argument with CS is that Roe v Wade defined "viability" in any legal aspect pertaining to abortion, and set legal precedence for such.
First of all "albeit" means although-though- while- not withstanding. In other words, the fetus is able to survive outside the mother's womb,(not withstanding) that it needs artificial means to survive. No one on this side of the argument is even suggesting that they fixed "viability" at a specific age of the fetus. In fact, it mentions that this usually is around 27 weeks, but may happen as early as 24 weeks, they set 24 weeks as the point at which a State could proscribe abortion, not 27 weeks when it was most likely to be able to survive, albeit with artificial aid. My point is that they included any possible viable fetus, "potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid", and specifically did not "fix" it at a specific age. The court is not leaving it up to a physician on a case by case basis, as you suggest, when it allows a State to proscribe abortion at the earliest point it knows that the fetus could possibly meet it's "definition" of "viability".
I dont see how you think I proved CS right when I sited a SCOUTUS case that specifically mentions "Roe V Wade's definition of viability". That was exactly what my argument is, that Roe V Wade set precedence and will be considered against any law challenging it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Trevet 1,784,650
News Trump's land of delusion 4 min NICK 967
News Seething over Russia probe, Donald Trump tears ... 6 min Ohio Loves Trump 33
News Nearly 70 children being taken from families at... 10 min NICK 316
News 'Full Measure': No going back new (Mar '17) 13 min illegalisillegal 3
News Congress doesn't want you to eat your dog or cat 15 min Squach 746
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min NICK 88,539
News Melania Trump says US should govern - with hear... 1 hr NICK 599