Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311337 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#239538 May 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's the complaint?
My only complaint is that you fundies keep trying to ban abortion. What's your complaints, Miss Prissy?:-)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#239539 May 20, 2012
NFP will never be the standard in this country; not even the catholics practice it for the most part. Those who oppose contraception are just a loud, fundie minority; most people just can't afford to have kids every 9 months or so. Many don't want to have kids at all.

Certainly, making contraception easy and cheap to obtain is important, but it's also meaningless if people don't know how to use them effectively. It's not a moral issue any more than teaching nutrition or any other biological function. Parents are free to teach their morals to their children, but not to keep their children ignorant of vital medical information.
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Peter! I think I've been around the block on this topic so many times, that I just no longer seem to care much.
Puzzling to me is the number of anti-choicers that oppose any plan for making contraception available and at little cost.
"Even in countries where abortion is not a contentious issue, contraception is usually a less expensive and less taxing means of avoiding unintended births."
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/33106...
If comprehensive sex education and available prevention were employed, the number of abortions would decrease further. Should that not be the agenda for all? I guess not. There are a few that prefer "morals" be taught only at home, and those same believe NFP is the only acceptable method of timing pregnancies. Thank God they don't yet have the upper hand in this country.

Location hidden

#239540 May 20, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
7O% of Black children have died in Brooklyn N.Y. by abortion. Sanger is so happy. Four hundred million have died by being aborted in the world.
70% of all black children in Brooklyn? Where did you get that statistic?

Location hidden

#239541 May 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I think it is a sad commentary on today's culture that a woman should be in competition with her unborn baby as to who has more rights.
Second, I think a fetus has a right to live, just as a woman has a right to live.
Oh well. I guess you will just have to tough it out and live with it.

Indianapolis

#239542 May 20, 2012
Sanger was against abortion, idiot. If that many fetuses (not children) wre aborted, then maybe you should ask why so many black women felt the urge or need to abort. Couldn't be due to black women having the highest chance of living in poverty, could it?

Are you really saying that sanger had anything to do with world-wide abortion? RvW didn't even have anything to do with that.
pupsilicious wrote:
7O% of Black children have died in Brooklyn N.Y. by abortion. Sanger is so happy. Four hundred million have died by being aborted in the world.

Indianapolis

#239543 May 20, 2012
If they are unforeseen, the RCC can't know them, by definition.

The RCC is not a medical organization and is not qualified to discuss contraception. The fact that your pope LIED about the efficacy of condoms in preventing the transmission of HIV is 4enough to make them irrelevant on the topic.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they know all the unforseen consequences. I could give them to you bvut you would disagree with me so why bother.

Indianapolis

#239544 May 20, 2012
Whether the fetus has a right to live or not is pointless; it has no right to live off the woman against her will. no born human can do that; you want to give fetuses special rights.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I think it is a sad commentary on today's culture that a woman should be in competition with her unborn baby as to who has more rights.
Second, I think a fetus has a right to live, just as a woman has a right to live.

Location hidden

#239545 May 20, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Every other minority baby is aborted. Sanger got her wish to eradicate the poor.
Why do you suppose more non-white babies are born than white babies? The statistics are all over the news these days. Obviously, you are incorrect.

Indianapolis

#239546 May 20, 2012
Since you want to outlaw abortion--just like hitler did--you might not want to go there.
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever thought your view is just like a nazi?

Location hidden

#239547 May 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The abortion rate for black teens is 70% in Brooklyn which is what we were talking about and the schools do have mandatory sex ed.
No, your pal claimed that 70% of Black "children" in Brooklyn are aborted. It is safe to say that she meant fetuses when she wrote "children."

However, if it is true that 70% of pregnant teens in Brooklyn abort their pregnancies, so what? Teens shouldn't be parenting.

Indianapolis

#239548 May 20, 2012
You can teach a person anything, but they have to choose to apply it. Teen pregnancy is a lot more complicated that you want to think it is. It is important that kids know the facts, but that doesn't mean they will make the best decisions.

You really think kids who are too immature to decide to use bc are mature enough to be parents?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The abortion rate for black teens is 70% in Brooklyn which is what we were talking about and the schools do have mandatory sex ed.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#239549 May 21, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
http://gothamist.com/2011/09/09/chelsea_has_t...
Her comment was about black teenagers having abortions at a 70% rate in Brooklyn
You're a bigger idiot than she is. Her claim was that "7O% of Black children have died in Brooklyn N.Y. by abortion"

NO black children have died as a result of abortion in Brooklyn. Your blog, from 2009 is ridiculous, and the PP link you gave doesn't say a thing about "70% of" of anything.

Nice try Inkstain, but as ususal, you're a failure.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#239550 May 21, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>70% of all black children in Brooklyn? Where did you get that statistic?
From her behind. Given NO "children" have died in Brooklyn or anywhere else as a result of abortion.....

She and Inkstain both are idiots.
Ocean56

AOL

#239551 May 21, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
This is simply proof that it is not about abortion or the fetus. It's about punishing women that have sex. If you do the dirty deed, you should pay with a kid. And if you and that kid are hungry, dirty, hurt and suffering, even better.
Hi Chicky! Hope you and yours are all doing well, and your new grandbaby too, of course.:-)

This is 100% correct, it's the ANTI-CHOICE mentality to a "T." How many times have we seen the nonsense like "if a girl/woman has sex, she must pay the consequences," which we all know are forced pregnancy, birth and motherhood? For me, I've seen this idiocy posted so many times I lost count ages ago.

The religionist kooks like knutter, sASSy, tomtom, and others are perfect examples of this anti-choice insanity.

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Since: Oct 10

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#239552 May 21, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>The abortion rate for black teens is 70% in Brooklyn which is what we were talking about and the schools do have mandatory sex ed.
No they don't. I just gave you the article saying they DO NOT have mandatory sex Ed. Wtf is wrong with you?

The rest is also WRONG.

First of all knutty said 70% of all black children were killed in abortion.

Secondly, even your claim is wrong.

Why do you dummies get all upset over incorrect information??

You had better get to NY and provide aid and support to these women if you want this to change. When will you be relocating??

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#239553 May 21, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening "Chicky."

Yes I am quite familiar with "Knit's" posting style of making unsubstantiated claims, posting nonsensical and thoroughly inaccurate figures, linking to pointless "Catholic" sites, and frequently and wrongly equating those whom she happens to disagree(and personally dislikes) with the Nazis.
"Knit" is as misinformed about the history of the Third Reich as she is about the history of Planned Parenthood and Margaret Sanger...I suspect you already knew that though.
I did not say "Knit" wasn't capable of malice but that she wasn't as malicious as "NR:"
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...
I still stand by that statement.
I know you don't agree and I sense that it would be fruitless on my part to try to convince you otherwise.
"NR" is a troll of the worst sort; he takes a positive delight in being cruel.
"Knit's" a misguided individual with serious anger-management problems. I agree with "A-J's" assessment that her more vile posts are retaliatory in nature.
Look, I know there's no love-lost between you and "Knit," just as I know there's no love-lost between "Knit" and "'Foo." However, I'd wager a guess that "'Foo" might agree with me that "Knit" deserves pity rather than loathing and, to be honest, I suspect "Knit's" no more fond of me than she is of you.
I just don't think I've made her as furious as you had.
You realize Foo is Jewish, right?

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#239554 May 21, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text> http://gothamist.com/2011/09/09/chelsea_has_t...

Her comment was about black teenagers having abortions at a 70% rate in Brooklyn
That information is not in this article. Please try again.
Ocean56

AOL

#239555 May 21, 2012
Ink wrote:
The kids are punishing themselves.
Riiiiiiiiiight, the anti-choice attitude being "if these kids have sex, they should be forced to pay the consequences." @@ I'm wondering why more parents aren't talking about the very real hardships of teen parenthood long BEFORE sex even occurs and a pregnancy results.

Are all religious conservative parents really stupid enough to believe that if they just tell their teen daughters or sons not to have sex, WITHOUT telling them why it's a bad idea, that their teen won't experiment? If Bristol Palin is any example, the answer to that is YES, religious conservative parents ARE that stupid.
Ocean56

AOL

#239556 May 21, 2012
Ink wrote:
I think this is the end result of teaching sex ed without teaching morals with it. Which is why it is best done by concerned parents.
Having it taught in the schools might prevent a few pregnancies but the std's and aids infection are an epidemic.
Oh PLEASE, inky. The LAST thing teenagers need is to be taught the catholic-church version of "sex education." We'd have even more unwanted teen pregnancies and births than we have now, which is bad enough.

Personally, I believe that teens still AREN'T being taught effectively about how easy it is to either get pregnant or cause a pregnancy, because too many school boards promote the useless abstinence-ONLY format of sex ed. When teens are only told "just say no" WITHOUT being told why having sex in their teen years is a bad idea, it is really no surprise that many teen girls are still ending up pregnant. THAT's what faith-based "sex ed" has done, and it is a complete disgrace.

Brilliant_Chicky

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#239557 May 21, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>We are talking black teens

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthought...
- Among Non-Hispanic black teens, the abortion rate was even greater – 5,956 abortions to 2,265 live births, or 72%. For every 1,000 African-American babies born to teens, 2,630 were aborted.

5,956 ? So? Teens shouldn't be having babies. Want me to tell you the story about what I heard a teen mother saying to her young child getting off the subway the night after I went to march on wall street? When I complained my daughter quickly shut me down discribing what might happen to me if I confronted her. NYC is a whole different world, dear. She was gone too fast anyway.

So when are you moving to NYC to stop all of this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Concerned 228,522
News Trump's failed Baja condo resort left buyers fe... 3 min serfs up 7
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,074
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min Denny CranesPlace 3,363
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 4 min Go Blue Forever 1,322
News Study: Trump budget, tax plans add at least $10... 5 min YouDidntBuildThat 1
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 5 min payme 1,102
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,395,051
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 21 min -Dont Panic- 388,023
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 57 min Denny CranesPlace 262
More from around the web