Video: Pelosi: "Great confidence" in ...

Video: Pelosi: "Great confidence" in a technological fix to Obamacare woes

There are 127 comments on the CBS News story from Oct 23, 2013, titled Video: Pelosi: "Great confidence" in a technological fix to Obamacare woes. In it, CBS News reports that:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., says she has "great confidence" in the ability of technology to fix the Obamacare website problems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Annie

Ozark, MO

#80 Nov 1, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Should they be expected to pay anything for it, or do you think it should be free?
I don't really believe in the program but if we are going to have it, I think everyone should pay even if the poor get it at a lower rate. However I do believe the whole concept is those of us that have a bit more will be paying alot more for insurance and picking up the poor's share that is why there are so many mandates and people have to take a policy that includes things that they don't really need. The funds have to come from somewhere and as usual the hard working people are getting screwed again as usual, only this time they are letting him know they are not at all happy with his plan and I agree, it sucks to be blunt.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#81 Nov 1, 2013
Yes, fix that site, so we will have more than six people with Obamacare. LOL
1 post removed
stormy

Bridgeport, WV

#83 Nov 2, 2013
There is NO hope for us now! These last five years
have been nothing short of giving all our freedoms
away by telling us all LIES. Since I have read
some of you are down to blaming the t-people and
Bush even for this HC crap, there is no hope now.
If you are the people who think "all is well", you
have just given up everything this country stood for"! What kind of people would agree with what
has happen? Hate your country and its people,
want the life of a third world country, a dictator
instead of a president, or do you just want to be told how to live, and breath? Who will stand up
against this now, have we all been beat down and
have no fight left in them. What a shame and dis-
grace!!! I don't want to meet any of you..
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#84 Nov 2, 2013
Pelosi thinks the website is fixable. That's a big load off my mind. John McAfee, CEO of McAfee computer security, thinks the website is "a wet dream for computer hackers." He says it's set up totally wrong and anticipates a deluge of identity theft will result from this website. But Nancy still hasn't figured out a way to deal with the economic complications that will result from fleecing our youth and middle class to pay for this program. She still doesn't understand that when you let the pharmaceutical, healthcare delivery and insurance industry lobbyists write the law, you're not going to get lower costs. It's unbelievable that she thinks people believe her. I'm thinking that since she is decent looking maybe she could do a better job as an airheaded hostess or maybe a stewardess.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#85 Nov 2, 2013
spud wrote:
Pelosi thinks the website is fixable. That's a big load off my mind. John McAfee, CEO of McAfee computer security, thinks the website is "a wet dream for computer hackers." He says it's set up totally wrong and anticipates a deluge of identity theft will result from this website. But Nancy still hasn't figured out a way to deal with the economic complications that will result from fleecing our youth and middle class to pay for this program. She still doesn't understand that when you let the pharmaceutical, healthcare delivery and insurance industry lobbyists write the law, you're not going to get lower costs. It's unbelievable that she thinks people believe her. I'm thinking that since she is decent looking maybe she could do a better job as an airheaded hostess or maybe a stewardess.
Watch it buddy, i'm a Flight Attendant!
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#86 Nov 3, 2013
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch it buddy, i'm a Flight Attendant!
I didn't mean to disparage flight attendants but I guess I did. Sorry.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#87 Nov 3, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't mean to disparage flight attendants but I guess I did. Sorry.
No problem, you and I are on the same side.
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#88 Nov 3, 2013
stormy wrote:
There is NO hope for us now! These last five years
have been nothing short of giving all our freedoms
away by telling us all LIES. Since I have read
some of you are down to blaming the t-people and
Bush even for this HC crap, there is no hope now.
If you are the people who think "all is well", you
have just given up everything this country stood for"! What kind of people would agree with what
has happen? Hate your country and its people,
want the life of a third world country, a dictator
instead of a president, or do you just want to be told how to live, and breath? Who will stand up
against this now, have we all been beat down and
have no fight left in them. What a shame and dis-
grace!!! I don't want to meet any of you..
Yea, what is the matter with all these people. They steadfastly refuse to just give all their money to the massively wealthy. Why do they refuse? We should just blame them for the nation's destruction for not giving the rich enough. Why without more money, the wealthy won't be able to put as much money in overseas bank accounts.

And those who blame the republicans??? What is their problem? Don't they watch Fox News and find out that we are supposed to blame democrats for everything? Even when Obama keeps the same policies that bush put in place, we now have to hate those policies.

You should tell all those people that we demand the right to give all our money to the rich, and that we don't need any other rights. Keep up the "conservative" mantra and make people believe us.
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#89 Nov 3, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text> I don't really believe in the program but if we are going to have it, I think everyone should pay even if the poor get it at a lower rate. However I do believe the whole concept is those of us that have a bit more will be paying alot more for insurance and picking up the poor's share that is why there are so many mandates and people have to take a policy that includes things that they don't really need. The funds have to come from somewhere and as usual the hard working people are getting screwed again as usual, only this time they are letting him know they are not at all happy with his plan and I agree, it sucks to be blunt.
Maybe you are correct. Let's just go with universal single payer and reduce the cost of health care. That would improve everyone's finances and the health for millions. There is no reason to simply give billions to insurance company executives.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#90 Nov 3, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, what is the matter with all these people. They steadfastly refuse to just give all their money to the massively wealthy. Why do they refuse? We should just blame them for the nation's destruction for not giving the rich enough. Why without more money, the wealthy won't be able to put as much money in overseas bank accounts.
And those who blame the republicans??? What is their problem? Don't they watch Fox News and find out that we are supposed to blame democrats for everything? Even when Obama keeps the same policies that bush put in place, we now have to hate those policies.
You should tell all those people that we demand the right to give all our money to the rich, and that we don't need any other rights. Keep up the "conservative" mantra and make people believe us.
Have you ever heard of the word"WORK"? I'm not rich by any means, but I don't begrudge others for what they have. I don't like to see people collecting Welfare for two or three generations. Most of em can work but would rather sit on his lazy azz. Obama encourages it though. Who's giving money to the rich? Ya, well your'e right on that one, because all of us poor folks have to give Obama money.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#91 Nov 4, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever heard of the word"WORK"? I'm not rich by any means, but I don't begrudge others for what they have. I don't like to see people collecting Welfare for two or three generations. Most of em can work but would rather sit on his lazy azz. Obama encourages it though. Who's giving money to the rich? Ya, well your'e right on that one, because all of us poor folks have to give Obama money.
Work? Yes, I have been engaging in it for 50 years now. Why do you oppose having the very rich work? Why should we just give them our money and pay for them to refuse to work? If they want more money, why not work for it?

People collecting welfare? I don't see much (any) of that, but I will allow that it does happen. I would be in favor of getting rid of most welfare. All we have to do to get rid of most of it is make opportunity available to more than just the rich. Why not stop using our tax dollars to give giant corporations huge sums to ship our jobs overseas? How about enforcing the laws against corporations who hire illegals and bring millions of them here to flood the labor pool? Why not stop the manipulation of currencies by foreign governments to under cut our manufacturing and steal our jobs? See, there are lots of things the government could do if they wanted to restore the middle class and eliminate most welfare.

The government has intentionally set out to destroy the middle class by eliminating good paying jobs. They have been very effective in lowering wages and eliminating benefits. In a society where people have no opportunity to have a family, where parents cannot feed their own children, you have the seeds of revolution. Those seeds have been planted and are growing rapidly. Unless things change, we will see a revolution soon. I just hope we can keep the violence to a minimum. However, people will not tolerate being robbed continuously. If welfare was not in place, that revolution would have happened sooner.

You claim you don't begrudge others yet you complain that you don't want to see people on welfare. That is what the poor have because they have no opportunity to even eat without it. On the other hand, the rich get massive welfare and you seem to think that is perfectly OK. What gives? I do favor stopping the welfare for billionaires immediately. Why should they get a free ride? They don't need it, and it harms our economy to give it to them. When a poor person gets a bit of money, they spend it, probably at the local grocery store. That money goes to the grocer who pays salaries for stocking and checkout. The money also goes to the farmers who make the food. The stocking, checkout and farmers, then spend the money as well. We get a good multiple effect on that money and the economy grows. When you give it to a billionaire the money goes into an overseas bank account and is removed from our economy. That reduces the amount of money available to grow our economy, meaning a smaller economy for the rest of us.

If someone earns their money, fine, but almost all rich get rich, not from labor, but from manipulation where they end up with the fruit of someone else's labor. That kind of wealth I oppose. People should get a good share of the fruit of their own labor. Opportunity should be for all, not just the wealthy.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#92 Nov 4, 2013
Don joe stays mad because the plant owner he used to work for got tired of fooling with the unions and shut down, and Don thinks the govt should force him to stay open and pay outrageous union pay. He thinks the owners money should be confiscated and divvied up among the union guys who were put out of work. That's how they roll, blue collar libs.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#93 Nov 4, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
Don joe stays mad because the plant owner he used to work for got tired of fooling with the unions and shut down, and Don thinks the govt should force him to stay open and pay outrageous union pay. He thinks the owners money should be confiscated and divvied up among the union guys who were put out of work. That's how they roll, blue collar libs.
Maybe you are right and I should just quite working and become a republican. That way I can get tons of government subsidies and never work a day again in my life. And don't worry, no one will call it welfare, because welfare is only for poor people and the government will give me billions.

Only one question? Do I have to see the people I steal all that money from?

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#94 Nov 4, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are right and I should just quite working and become a republican. That way I can get tons of government subsidies and never work a day again in my life. And don't worry, no one will call it welfare, because welfare is only for poor people and the government will give me billions.
just try hard to get over your envy of rich people....
Aren t you lucky

Baltimore, MD

#95 Nov 4, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you become a Republican work hard, start a company, provide jobs, pay a large amount of tax you may receive some government subsidies so you can expand your business, create more jobs and pay more taxes or you can remain a Democrat, collect welfare, food stamps, produce illegitimate children you will not support and continue to be a drain on our economy all while bitching about those that work hard to support you. Isnít it great to live in a country where you have a choice to be a productive citizen or a leach?
see the light

El Paso, TX

#96 Nov 4, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Work? Yes, I have been engaging in it for 50 years now. Why do you oppose having the very rich work? Why should we just give them our money and pay for them to refuse to work? If they want more money, why not work for it?
People collecting welfare? I don't see much (any) of that, but I will allow that it does happen. I would be in favor of getting rid of most welfare. All we have to do to get rid of most of it is make opportunity available to more than just the rich. Why not stop using our tax dollars to give giant corporations huge sums to ship our jobs overseas? How about enforcing the laws against corporations who hire illegals and bring millions of them here to flood the labor pool? Why not stop the manipulation of currencies by foreign governments to under cut our manufacturing and steal our jobs? See, there are lots of things the government could do if they wanted to restore the middle class and eliminate most welfare.
The government has intentionally set out to destroy the middle class by eliminating good paying jobs. They have been very effective in lowering wages and eliminating benefits. In a society where people have no opportunity to have a family, where parents cannot feed their own children, you have the seeds of revolution. Those seeds have been planted and are growing rapidly. Unless things change, we will see a revolution soon. I just hope we can keep the violence to a minimum. However, people will not tolerate being robbed continuously. If welfare was not in place, that revolution would have happened sooner.
You claim you don't begrudge others yet you complain that you don't want to see people on welfare. That is what the poor have because they have no opportunity to even eat without it. On the other hand, the rich get massive welfare and you seem to think that is perfectly OK. What gives? I do favor stopping the welfare for billionaires immediately. Why should they get a free ride? They don't need it, and it harms our economy to give it to them. When a poor person gets a bit of money, they spend it, probably at the local grocery store. That money goes to the grocer who pays salaries for stocking and checkout. The money also goes to the farmers who make the food. The stocking, checkout and farmers, then spend the money as well. We get a good multiple effect on that money and the economy grows. When you give it to a billionaire the money goes into an overseas bank account and is removed from our economy. That reduces the amount of money available to grow our economy, meaning a smaller economy for the rest of us.
If someone earns their money, fine, but almost all rich get rich, not from labor, but from manipulation where they end up with the fruit of someone else's labor. That kind of wealth I oppose. People should get a good share of the fruit of their own labor. Opportunity should be for all, not just the wealthy.
Some of it i8s true and some BS. I don't begrudge people needing foodstamps or Welfare for a little while but some see it as a way of life and never want to make themselves better. Why do you think all rich people stay home? Do you not think they started out poor and worked their way up? Life isn't fair, get used to it.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#97 Nov 5, 2013
Aren t you lucky wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you become a Republican work hard,...
Work hard??? Republican???? Those two words never go together. The republicans are doing what they can to make sure no one is rewarded for hard work. Why do you think the GOP flooded the labor pool? Why do they pay massive subsidies to ship our jobs overseas? Why do they make sure the corporations who attract and hire illegals never get prosecuted? Why do they put high taxes on people who work, and almost no taxes on those who are rich?

No, I have never met a republican who actually works at all, let alone hard. Well, they do claim they work hard. Can you imagine how hard it is to rob a bank. First you have to invest your money and buy a gun, then hire a get-away driver. You just can't count on anyone to be a good get-away driver, you gotta get someone with experience. Then you have to find out when the bank is open and has money. Nothing worse than robbing a bank when they have no money on hand. So, to rob a bank, you have to work hard for all that money. And then, if you get caught, you have to negotiate on how much of the money you get to keep. You might have to give back, oh, maybe 10 to 20%. At least it's tax free, or should be unless the democrats raise taxes on the wealthy.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#98 Nov 5, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Some of it i8s true and some BS. I don't begrudge people needing foodstamps or Welfare for a little while but some see it as a way of life and never want to make themselves better. Why do you think all rich people stay home? Do you not think they started out poor and worked their way up? Life isn't fair, get used to it.
Maybe you don't begrudge people for needing food stamps for a while, but the GOP does. Some see it as a way of life. Maybe. If they were allowed opportunity, I bet most would take that opportunity and get off welfare.

Do I think people started out poor and worked their way up? Nope, I don't believe that. For example, they tout Bill Gates as working his way up. He got the contract from IBM while his mother was on the board of directors for IBM. It takes money to make money. If you don't have it, you have no opportunity to make it.

As to the wealthy staying home, I don't know what you are talking about. Flying to Paris for lunch is not my idea of staying home. Maybe they don't go to the local bar, instead they go to a private club, on a yacht.

Life fair? not a chance, that doesn't mean we need to blame those we steal from for not having even more money we could have stolen.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#99 Nov 5, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Work hard??? Republican???? Those two words never go together. The republicans are doing what they can to make sure no one is rewarded for hard work. Why do you think the GOP flooded the labor pool? Why do they pay massive subsidies to ship our jobs overseas? Why do they make sure the corporations who attract and hire illegals never get prosecuted? Why do they put high taxes on people who work, and almost no taxes on those who are rich?
No, I have never met a republican who actually works at all, let alone hard. Well, they do claim they work hard. Can you imagine how hard it is to rob a bank. First you have to invest your money and buy a gun, then hire a get-away driver. You just can't count on anyone to be a good get-away driver, you gotta get someone with experience. Then you have to find out when the bank is open and has money. Nothing worse than robbing a bank when they have no money on hand. So, to rob a bank, you have to work hard for all that money. And then, if you get caught, you have to negotiate on how much of the money you get to keep. You might have to give back, oh, maybe 10 to 20%. At least it's tax free, or should be unless the democrats raise taxes on the wealthy.
Apparently you think that hard work is ONLY using the muscles of the arms and legs.

By your definition, an accountant wouldn't be working hard.

Maybe that is because you've never used your brain in earning a living. If you did, you'd find out how hard it is to THINK all day long.

Just because a person isn't doing hard, physical labor, doesn't mean he isn't working hard.

Ever manage people?? Now THAT IS hard work!!(and a manager hardly has to lift a finger)

Start using your BRAIN to work hard and you will find that it is not as easy as it looks.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#100 Nov 5, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
just try hard to get over your envy of rich people....
Naw, I could never be envious of people with such low morals. They may have tons of money, but they will never be decent people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 min Time again 2,423
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Quirky 381,496
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 4 min WelbyMD 428
Time to go? (Jun '15) 4 min ThomasA 10,377
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min scientia potentia... 195,478
Trump delivers knockout in Indiana as Cruz drop... 4 min hakimyous 1
News 'The Sarah Palin of 2016': Twitter mercilessly ... 5 min PauldenZangpo0521 7
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min Time again 1,374,907
News Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in Cali... 1 hr Chilli J 303
More from around the web