Fact Check: Premiums would rise under Obama plan

Mar 17, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Topeka Capital-Journal

Buyers, beware: President Barack Obama says his health care overhaul will lower premiums by double digits, but check the fine print.

Comments
621 - 640 of 1,447 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2010

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#655 Mar 19, 2010
Dems too crazy wrote:
<quoted text>It is very hard to against the IME of Insurance companies--that will never change. The biggest misnomer of government programs is they are for the patient-never happens-I suggest you look at government controlled Workers Compensation-Federally mandated, still insurance controlled-it is never about the patient-it is about hiring and paying a non-practicing doctor who is paid thousands to say you do not need treatment-and you think that is going to change? it never will.
That is pure BS. Any doctor can certify you disabled as long as they have a reason to certify it. If the workmen’s comp INSURANCE disagrees you can take them to court and force the issue. However with tort reform you lose your right to sue the insurance company and have to simply accept their dictates.
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#656 Mar 19, 2010
wakeup and smell the left wrote:
The Ways and Means report portrays healthcare reform as having a wide-ranging impact on how the IRS operates, including:
IRS agents would be tasked with determining whether Americans had obtained the insurance coverage required under the individual mandate.
Individuals could be fined $2,250 or 2 percent of income, whichever is greater, if you are unable to prove you have "minimum essential coverage."
The IRS would be empowered to confiscate tax refunds if necessary.
Audits probably would increase as a result of the legislation's new requirements.
The budget for IRS operations will balloon by $10 in the next decade in order to administrate the new program.
Nearly half of the new individual mandate taxes will be paid "by Americans earning less than 300 percent of poverty,$66150 for a family of four.
A statement that Democrats are sure to dispute, the report, which Camp and fellow GOP Rep. Charles Boustany of Louisiana prepared, says healthcare reform would "fundamentally alter the relationship between the IRS and taxpayers."
another unfunded mandate
another attempt to hijack the us dollar
more lawyer continued employment act propaganda
well idaho has already signed a law stating they
will ban IRS liens and dunnages
first the batf and the fbi , now the irs
Idaho will arrest , jail and fine any federal agent who attempts to enforce federal gun laws and
federal healthecare
but we have come to expect this stupid arrogance from the south side machine
was it the face that he went over to kenya and helped his cousin overthrow kenya ?
was that the clue you needed?
I'm a self-employed small business owner, a capitalist. I want the health care reform because, among other things, it's great for small business owners, my employees, and my customers, but then again, I'm not an insurance shill, like the defenders of the status quo.

You will be able to CHOOSE to keep what you have. MOST Americans will want CHANGE.

Hey, it's not Medicare for EVERYONE, BUT here are just some of the huge BENEFITS that we would not have with the status quo. Now that you know the truth, SPREAD THE WORD. TRUTH is GOOD.

No more exclusions for pre-existing conditions.

No more revoking policies.

No more Medicare doughnut hole.

An exchange, so Americans can get what members of Congress get, a larger pool that will reduce costs. I'm darn sure that if I get the insurance members of Congress get that my premiums will be reasonable!

Students get coverage on their parents insurance until they are 26 years old.

The bill does not pay for abortions. It provides money for pregnant women who may want to keep their babies or put them up for adoption, just like President Obama said when he was campaigning.

Subsidies for people who can't afford health insurance, up to 100%

It's great for small business owners.

http://epi.3cdn.net/0495cc1ebaab73ee64_qhm6bn ...

Protections against price gouging insurance companies which should slow the premium hikes we have now.

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/wendel ...

BEST THING: According to the CBO, it will cost $940 billion and in 10 years generate $1.2 TRILLION.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n ...

Now, did you have some time to think of a legitimate reason why you don't like the bill? I mean aside from wanting to help insurance shills. LOL

Will you respond substantively or just make a smug remark/nasty judgement/silly talking point??? Please offer some legitimate criticism! PUT UP or SHUT UP.
Oh My

Hollywood, FL

#657 Mar 19, 2010
Seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>

God what a moron I am.... all I can do is cut and paste from approved sites dat da messiah list.
We know we know... anyone who has seen your stupid unemployed ass post knows.
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#658 Mar 19, 2010
Doug K from Allentown wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans don't want cheap crap??? Are you kidding me??? Have you been to a Walmart lately? Why do you think they are the number one retailer in the WORLD let alone the US? Expensive is OUT... Cheap is in... Why save to buy one near perfect good when you can buy three so-so ones for less money?
Consumerism is a disease. We as a society are SICK wiht it. It started with GI's returning home wiht a shitload of pent-up demand and the end of war-time rationing and it didn't end there.
Tarriff policy is FAR from the only thing going on here. Let's just suppose we DID raise them. What do you think would hpapen then? Massive inflation and a trade war. With China's emerging markets, we are almost to a point where we need it as much as they need us. We NEED those cheap foreign goods. They are our heroin.
Throw all the tarriffs around you want. It isn't going to change the fact that it is WAY cheaper to make goods in China and India with non-existent environmental laws, disgustingly cheap labor, and YES... skilled workers.
You claim it is a chicken and egg thing? Poor jobs led to Americans buying cheap goods? I think not. People that worked in the auto industry said nothing when Sony was ravaging RCA. They bought the cheaper, better good. People in other industries didn't care when Datsun and Toyota came to town. They bought the cheaper, better cars. People waved the American flag when asked, but turned around and bought foreign.
This situation wasn't helped by the fact that we made terrible stuff in the US in the 70s and 80s. You can't blame all of it on the CEOs. Tell me how bad Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are again. They made MANY people rich... not just themselves.
I NEVER shop at Walmart. You are confusing want with desperation.

Back to health care.

I'm a self-employed small business owner, a capitalist. I want the health care reform because, among other things, it's great for small business owners, my employees, and my customers, but then again, I'm not an insurance shill, like the defenders of the status quo.

You will be able to CHOOSE to keep what you have. MOST Americans will want CHANGE.

Hey, it's not Medicare for EVERYONE, BUT here are just some of the huge BENEFITS that we would not have with the status quo. Now that you know the truth, SPREAD THE WORD. TRUTH is GOOD.

An exchange, so Americans can get what members of Congress get, a larger pool that will reduce costs. I'm darn sure that if I get the insurance members of Congress get that my premiums will be reasonable!

The bill does not pay for abortions. It provides money for pregnant women who may want to keep their babies or put them up for adoption, just like President Obama said when he was campaigning.

Protections against price gouging insurance companies which should slow the premium hikes we have now.

BEST THING: According to the CBO, it will cost $940 billion and in 10 years generate $1.2 TRILLION.

Now, did you have some time to think of a legitimate reason why you don't like the bill? I mean aside from wanting to help insurance shills. LOL

Will you respond substantively or just make a smug remark/nasty judgement/silly talking point??? Please offer some legitimate criticism! PUT UP or SHUT UP.
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#659 Mar 19, 2010
Doug K from Allentown wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans don't want cheap crap??? Are you kidding me??? Have you been to a Walmart lately? Why do you think they are the number one retailer in the WORLD let alone the US? Expensive is OUT... Cheap is in... Why save to buy one near perfect good when you can buy three so-so ones for less money?
Consumerism is a disease. We as a society are SICK wiht it. It started with GI's returning home wiht a shitload of pent-up demand and the end of war-time rationing and it didn't end there.
Tarriff policy is FAR from the only thing going on here. Let's just suppose we DID raise them. What do you think would hpapen then? Massive inflation and a trade war. With China's emerging markets, we are almost to a point where we need it as much as they need us. We NEED those cheap foreign goods. They are our heroin.
Throw all the tarriffs around you want. It isn't going to change the fact that it is WAY cheaper to make goods in China and India with non-existent environmental laws, disgustingly cheap labor, and YES... skilled workers.
You claim it is a chicken and egg thing? Poor jobs led to Americans buying cheap goods? I think not. People that worked in the auto industry said nothing when Sony was ravaging RCA. They bought the cheaper, better good. People in other industries didn't care when Datsun and Toyota came to town. They bought the cheaper, better cars. People waved the American flag when asked, but turned around and bought foreign.
This situation wasn't helped by the fact that we made terrible stuff in the US in the 70s and 80s. You can't blame all of it on the CEOs. Tell me how bad Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are again. They made MANY people rich... not just themselves.
It was cheaper to grow cotton here, with slaves. It was cheaper to butcher meat before "The Jungle". Food is very cheap today now that it is synthetic. What's your point? We get it. You hate rules and regulations.
QUESTIONS

San Diego, CA

#660 Mar 19, 2010
IS THE REPUBLICAN HEALTH CARE REFORM PLAN MUCH TO DO ABOUT NOTHING? What did GOP Bush the father and GOP Bush the son and Republicans do to improve health care? Did middle class americans pay more for health care under the REPUBLICAN?
IS THIS REPUBLICANS LIES OR WHAT?
Question--CAN THE HARD BALL WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM LINE TO FIND THE ANSWER.--
Question--360 coop
Question--Rick List--- GOP opts to paralyze government!
Herald Standard--What republican out to lunch last year or did they strengtien our economy by creating good paying jobs? Did republicans wish failure on middle class america?
Do republicans fight for back room deals by blocking the work of the american government?
This month, Shelby protested against the process with a drastic move -- he blocked most of President Obama's nominees to an array of federal agencies that have nothing to do with the issue.
In his first television interview on the subject since then, the lawmaker admitted he put a near-blanket hold on 47 Obama nominees for a simple reason. "Well, I did it to get the attention of the administration," Shelby said.(ref:CNN)
The republican plan to pass bipartisan solutions to reform government spending.
Is the republicans the party of NO. Did the republican party create america bankruptcy?
Do republicans give money to big business who out source and take middle class tax dollars in the name of job creation? The republican want to encourage growth and creating american jobs by reducing tax rates on businesses to 25 percent. Under GOP BUSH republican the father and GOP BUSH REPUBLICAN the son the republicans did NOT reform government spending!
Where are the policies that the REPUBLICAN use to small businesses to create good-paying jobs?

Bankruptcy is a legally declared inability or impairment of ability of an individual or organization to pay its creditors.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell Kentucky 2007
Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl Arizona 2007
Republican Conference Chairman Lamar Alexander Tennessee 2007
Republican Policy Committee Chairman John Thune South Dakota 2009
Republican Conference Secretary Lisa Murkowski Alaska 2009
Republican Campaign Committee Chairman John Cornyn Texas 2009
Is this the party of NO and a party that did not show up to work for this past year?
How did the republicans create a BIPARTISAN panel to review every aspect of fiscal policy under GOP Bush the father and Bush the son to control spending?
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE REPUBLICANS VOTE OR REQUIRED CONGRESS TO VOTE ON BIPARTISAN SUPPORT FOR Senator Christopher Dodd's financial reform bill ?
Do republicans understand the economy or do they spend their time attacking middle class american president on fox news with MR. BACK?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
WHAT DO GOP BUSH REPUBLICANS, TOWNHALL COLUMNISTS, FOX NEWS,President Suit, NOT the Savior of the World, Senator Grassley, Richard Shelby, Jeff Sessions, Joe Lieberman,Mitch McConnell, John Ensign, Tom Coburn, Lamar Alexander, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Eric Cantor, Roy Blount and Orrin Hatch have in common.

ECONOMY STUPID
HEALTH CARE REFORM
JOBS
HOUSING
EDUCATION
GREEN JOBS

“Where the beer flows like wine”

Since: Jun 08

Bizarro World

#661 Mar 19, 2010
Seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are seriously deluded if you think The People's coverage is going to equal that of members of Congress-- ROFL. Lay off the LSD buddy and come join us on planet earth.

“Where the beer flows like wine”

Since: Jun 08

Bizarro World

#662 Mar 19, 2010
After reading through many of the posts, "Seeking Truth" should change his/her name to "Bought the Lie".

What a sucker you are! Your kind welcomes a government takeover with open friggin' arms. Independence means nothing huh? "Save us, save us"-- makes me sick to my stomach. How's about you move to Canada and talk to them about how great socialized medicine is??? Please move to Canada.
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#663 Mar 19, 2010
Dems too crazy wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Jew-remember? you think I was born with the greedy gene.
No, I don't remember. You aren't that important to me. Jesus was a Jew and there is no such thing as a greedy gene. Your greed has nothing to do with your purported religion. Real Jews believe in being good citizens, unlike you. I have nothing against people of other faiths, agnostics, or atheists. My faith teaches me to respect them all.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#664 Mar 19, 2010
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>That is pure BS. Any doctor can certify you disabled as long as they have a reason to certify it. If the workmen’s comp INSURANCE disagrees you can take them to court and force the issue. However with tort reform you lose your right to sue the insurance company and have to simply accept their dictates.
So what do these people do while they are waiting for a court to hear their case, after the IME from the insurance company says they can go back to work-because they were paid by the insurance company to do so- how does this Federally mandated so called 'about the patient', get any money to the injured? they can't collect unemployment-they can't use their insurance to pay for bills, because it was a workers comp case-they are screwed by the government regulated plans-maybe you should be more worried about how these government plans don't work-and they are paid by the employer, paid for, and yet the patient suffers.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#665 Mar 19, 2010
Seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a self-employed small business owner, a capitalist. I want the health care reform because...
My boss is a self-employed small business owner, a capitalist. He thinks the plan is the worst thing for the country since, well since I don't know what. I'm just an employee of a capitalistic small business owner ... which of you is a loon and which of you is a visionary? My gut instinct is to go with the fellow who signs my paycheck!
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#666 Mar 19, 2010
Dems too crazy wrote:
<quoted text>Where exactly does it say in the bill that insurance premiums will go down? there is no ammendment for that-no line item-no nothing-Premiums will continue to rise--prescriptions will continue to rise--let the rationing begin.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#667 Mar 19, 2010
Seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I
CBO told lawmakers that the health package would cost $940 billion over the next decade, reducing the deficit by $130 billion. It will reduce the deficit by $1.2 trillion in the second decade of the plan's implementation, according to those who have seen the score.

So we spend $940B to reduce the deficit by $130B over the next 10 years, then have to wait for that 1.2T to happen over the 10 years after that?

Location hidden

#668 Mar 19, 2010
Obama is a liar wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. You are a paid Topix editor. You are paid to spout your word for word Obama talking points. Stop lying for Chairman Maobama. We don't want socialism and no amount of paid posting is going to change that, liar.
of course she it--they are coming out of the woodwork today-thousands of them---good luck, I have to go to work to pay for their asses. But mark my words 'seeking truth' will be posting here all day-you know and running that huge private company--LOLOLOLOL.
Obama lied US died

Tinley Park, IL

#669 Mar 19, 2010
The money must come from someplace, it just doesn't just appear. I figure that Obama will take the money from the fund that provides our troops with armor and effective weapons to protect themselves. Liberals couldn't care less about the saftey of our troops.

Location hidden

#670 Mar 19, 2010
Seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't remember. You aren't that important to me. Jesus was a Jew and there is no such thing as a greedy gene. Your greed has nothing to do with your purported religion. Real Jews believe in being good citizens, unlike you. I have nothing against people of other faiths, agnostics, or atheists. My faith teaches me to respect them all.
and yes Seeking is a Muslim Apologist also---she loves them up there in Dearborn.
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#671 Mar 19, 2010
wakeup and smell the left wrote:
go ahead
threaten to arrest everyone who doesnt get
mandated insurance
threaten everyone with jail and fines
this is a setup for state 10th amendment procedures
There will be no jailing. People who can't afford it will get a subsidy, up to 100%. People who can afford it, but choose not to will get a nasty lesson in morality, when they start to lose some of their toys. We should we pay for the free loaders? How do you think hospitals are built, with bricks that sick patients bring them???? If you want the best health care in the world, you've got to PAY for it.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#672 Mar 19, 2010
Seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Real Jews? As opposed to what? Fake Christians such as yourself.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#673 Mar 19, 2010
Pigmetal wrote:
After reading through many of the posts, "Seeking Truth" should change his/her name to "Bought the Lie".
What a sucker you are! Your kind welcomes a government takeover with open friggin' arms. Independence means nothing huh? "Save us, save us"-- makes me sick to my stomach. How's about you move to Canada and talk to them about how great socialized medicine is??? Please move to Canada.
You mean the same Canada whose citizens come south to get medical attention?
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

#674 Mar 19, 2010
Karl Marx wrote:
Californian's are proud that Boxer demanded that Abortion be paid by the filthy citizen scum whether they have convictions other than Chairman Mao's or not.
This is a gigantic step forward for the cold hearted, divisive, Heathens who are today's Democratic Party.
Good job Comrade Boxer!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,100,588
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min woodtick57 256,462
US condemns 'heinous murder' of Palestinian teen 10 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1,598
Californians fight over migrants 11 min Serrano Red 130
Rubio: "We must move slowly on immigration." 13 min BamaYankee 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,411
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 16 min Truth 1,898
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 36 min Truth 1,491
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••