Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We...

Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We Won't Comply With 'Morning-After' Mandate

There are 1219 comments on the TheBlaze.com story from Dec 28, 2012, titled Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We Won't Comply With 'Morning-After' Mandate. In it, TheBlaze.com reports that:

An attorney for Hobby Lobby Stores said Thursday that the arts and crafts chain plans to defy a federal mandate requiring it to offer employees health coverage that includes access to the morning-after pill, despite risking potential fines of up to $1.3 million per day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheBlaze.com.

Annie

Ozark, MO

#710 Jan 13, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.
Why do I get the feeling you'll be one of those folks who get more in Social Security than you ever paid in???
I'm guessing you've worked for minimum wage at a Waffle House for the last 30 years, and only claim about 1/3 of your tips.
")
Well you're guessing way wrong, it would be real nice if I collected more than I paid in, I wish! The way things are going eventually there won't be any to collect.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#711 Jan 14, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>If she doesn't have a job with Insurance that covers it, yes.Everybody makes choices in life and if they make wrong choices why sould the rest of us have to pay for it? We all have the same oppoutunty in life to make things better for ourselves, some of us grab that opportunity, others just don't care and expect to be cared for by the government, which is really us the taxpayers. And you know what, I worked my butt off all my life, my husband did too and we didn't really get ahead til our kids where grown and now on their on. So now that we are ahead a bit, tell me why should we have to pay to make it easier for others who didn't care enough to cover their own butts and be responsible for themselves.
Why should insurance cover pregnancy and child birth since she "chose" to become pregnant? try to follow your own logic and quit jumping off subject other than INSURANCE...K???

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#712 Jan 14, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>You're taking things way out of context, I'm not saying the country will be saved if women pay for their own prescriptions.I'm saying that our government wants those of us who work hard to pay for those that don't and just want everything free. By supporting all these people with freebies instead of making them responsible for themselves and their actions, they are just enabling them to depend on the government more and more to take care of them. Pretty soon those of us that work for a living will be bled dry taking care of those that don't. Then what do you think will happen? I mean really if you work for a living hard all your life only to have it taken away to pay for those that don't or won't work for a living then their attitudes will soon be, why bother working it's not worth it, so then who will pay for all the freebies everybody wants, including your birth control. I for one am getting sick and tired of it. Do you work, and if so do you think it's fair for us to have to pay for all this stuff? My guess is you're one of those livng off the government dole and think you'e entitled to be taken care of by the government!
AGAIN you waiver form the topic. BC was to be included in all insurance co-pay coverage. The religious nut cases that think women are brood mares had a hissy fit so Obama included it in "preventative" (which it is) coverage in order to rectify it. Apparently a number of "preventative" measures fall under "free", so you better check which free service you might use and make sure you pay for it...OK??

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#713 Jan 14, 2013
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
You want everyone who chooses not to be pregnant to get a free ride? Really? Go to the free clinic. If you can make the choice, you should take responsibility for it. Yes, pay your bills, I have to pay mine! Are you on welfare? Or do you just think all proabort women should be given freebies?
Pay attention you woman hating anti choice busybody dimwit, I want womens prescription drugs covered under insurance (add a co-pay I don't care) just as other prescription drugs are covered. You and you dimwitted woman hating anti choice busybodys are the ones claiming people want something for FREE and TRYING to change the subject. Explain why pregnancy and child birth should be covered under insurance, since they choose to get knocked up. Can ya KK?

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#714 Jan 14, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention you woman hating anti choice busybody dimwit, I want womens prescription drugs covered under insurance (add a co-pay I don't care) just as other prescription drugs are covered. You and you dimwitted woman hating anti choice busybodys are the ones claiming people want something for FREE and TRYING to change the subject. Explain why pregnancy and child birth should be covered under insurance, since they choose to get knocked up. Can ya KK?
Sure, I can explain...thankfully we still live in a society that values life. Of course pregnancy and childbirth should be covered by insurance as mine were. Abortion is covered when it fits certain criteria...on demand abortion isn't a valid reason. Hth!

Location hidden

#715 Jan 14, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention you woman hating anti choice busybody dimwit, I want womens prescription drugs covered under insurance (add a co-pay I don't care) just as other prescription drugs are covered.
You want women's prescription drugs covered? Mine are covered under my insurance with a co pay. Doesn't welfare cover contraception? Free clinics? I hear there are lots of ways to work the system. I have always paid my own way, why shouldn't other women pay theirs? You're irresponsible, and think the world owes you and your kind. Wake up! It doesn't.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#716 Jan 14, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text> ...it would be real nice if I collected more than I paid in, I wish!
Exactly.
You're no better than the welfare sponges you bitch and moan about - just more bitter and angry.

Next.

Location hidden

#717 Jan 14, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.
You're no better than the welfare sponges you bitch and moan about - just more bitter and angry.
Next.
You truly are ignorant, and still proving it here...what that post said didn't have a thing to do with your answer to her. Have you actually ever worked in your life? Seems not, since you screamed that EMPLOYERS DO NOT PAY EMPLOYEES HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUMS! That was freaking hilarious, so you should just try not to embarrass yourself further going off subject just to start a fight, bitter bully! I'm sure you're one of the ones my tax dollars are supporting!

Location hidden

#718 Jan 14, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text> Well you're guessing way wrong, it would be real nice if I collected more than I paid in, I wish! The way things are going eventually there won't be any to collect.
Ignore shovelface, she's one of the bitter nasty proaborts here. I get what you're saying here, but I think it struck a nerve with her. I don't think she's worked a day in her life.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#719 Jan 14, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro-abort mean no freedom or continued life for unborn. Pro-life means freedom to live.
Those meanings only mean something to anti-choicers like you. To me, and to most people, they're absurd.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#720 Jan 14, 2013
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
If you agree that abortion is acceptable, then you are "pro abortion"...get it? Pro choice is just the proabort PC way to say it so it sounds better. Hope that clears things up for you.
You're simply lying and misstating my position. I'm not pro-abortion, but I DO believe that women should make the choice whether or not to have them. If NO women had abortions, it'd be fine with me.

Pro-choice is EXACTLY what it means. What's dishonest is pretending that being anti-choice and denying women their abortion rights is just "pro-life" and happy and full of little flowers.

Especially since most of your kind are also pro-capital punishment and pro-war...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#721 Jan 14, 2013
Demystifying liberal myth wrote:
<quoted text>
You're passe, too. Planned Parenthood has just committed "pro-choice" to the Old Pro-Aborts' Home for Outmoded Euphemisms.
[LifeSite] "Pro-lifers have always disdained the term “pro-choice,” because it is intentionally ambiguous. It lets abortion supporters off the hook.
"Now, apparently even “pro-choice” has become radioactive.
"On January 9, with carefully controlled fanfare (no press release, hand-picked reporters), Planned Parenthood announced it was abandoning the term “pro-choice.” From Buzz Feed:
“Pro-choice” isn’t as misleading, but it doesn’t have the same strong ring to it as “pro-life,” either. Planned Parenthood Executive Vice President Dawn Laguens spoke about the problematic use of “choice” at a press briefing Wednesday, explaining how women once had way fewer choices than they do today. Now, she said, maybe “‘choice’ as a word sounds frivolous.”
I'm not a member of Planned Parenthood, nor does it represent me or I, it.

I'm pro-choice - I think women should choose whether or not to have a legal, safe abortion.

I disagree with Planned Parenthood on this one, obviously.

"Pro-abort" is a dishonest, demonizing term obviously invented by anti-choice fanatics. Calling names is about all they can do.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#722 Jan 14, 2013
Collapse55 wrote:
Private enterprise and freedom. Hobby Lobby is exercising their rights under the constitution.
Actually they are violating the law.. Thus the fine...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#723 Jan 14, 2013
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
You want everyone who chooses not to be pregnant to get a free ride? Really? Go to the free clinic. If you can make the choice, you should take responsibility for it. Yes, pay your bills, I have to pay mine! Are you on welfare? Or do you just think all proabort women should be given freebies?
No surprise that your kind look down on poor women and free clinics, which you'd close if you could. Most right-wingers and anti-choicers (usually the same people) are also anti-woman and anti-minority, not to mention anti-poor. Of course even in your anti-choice version of America, if someone in YOUR families needed an abortion, it would get done - either by a compliant, well-paid doctor or outside the country. The way it was BEFORE Roe v. Wade.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#724 Jan 14, 2013
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore shovelface, she's one of the bitter nasty proaborts here. I get what you're saying here, but I think it struck a nerve with her. I don't think she's worked a day in her life.
No surprise that nearly EVERY ONE of your posts is angry, vicious, and demeaning.

"Nasty?"

Look in the mirror.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#725 Jan 14, 2013
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I can explain...thankfully we still live in a society that values life. Of course pregnancy and childbirth should be covered by insurance as mine were. Abortion is covered when it fits certain criteria...on demand abortion isn't a valid reason. Hth!
But you and your fellow travelers do not get to know why a woman makes the decision to have an abortion. Thus your argument of "except on demand" is spurious at best and asinine at worse.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#726 Jan 14, 2013
what BC method do hookers use? Who pays for it?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#727 Jan 14, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text>The First Commandment is “I am the Lord your God; you shall not have other gods besides me.” There are many ways of having false gods. Pope John Paul II once wrote that to think we are the ones who decide whether a child should be created is to say that God is not God. At the root of the contraceptive mentality, and at the root of the so-called “pro-choice” mentality, is idolatry. We place our choices before God’s choices. We break the first of all the commandments. In the Old Testament, we read that God’s people committed idolatry when they sacrificed their sons and daughters in the fire to demons. Until we end the child sacrifice of legal abortion, we are guilty of the same kind of idolatry.
The Second Commandment is “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.” This does not only mean that we shouldn’t use the Lord’s name in cursing when we are angry. It also means that we should not use God’s name or His Word to justify actions that he abhors.
There are religious groups and individuals in our society who do exactly that when it comes to abortion. They say they are “prayerfully pro-choice.” Groups like the “Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice” claim that God’s word allows abortion. They hold “pro-choice” Bible studies, and they even carry out pro-choice liturgies to bless the “choice” of those who abort.
This is a distortion of God’s word and an abuse of his name. It is a direct violation of the second commandment.
The Third Commandment requires us to Keep Holy the Lord’s Day. Scripture tells us the Lord rested on the seventh day. This was not because he was tired, but rather because he was foretelling the Sabbath day that Jesus would rest in the tomb after his work of offering the sacrifice of his passion and death. On that day the Lord preached to the dead and bid them to leave the place of death and to come with him into life eternal.
Keeping holy the Lord’s Day, then, reminds us that God is on the side of human life. It also reminds us that he is Lord of life. All our activities and choices are under him, which is why we pause on the Lord’s Day to worship him in Church.
The Fourth Commandment is “Honor your father and mother.” The Lord worked through our parents to bring us into being; he asked for their collaboration, for their generosity, in bringing about a plan that he had decided on from all eternity – that we should exist to love and serve him. This commandment points to the dignity of human procreation. It also points to the profound privilege and responsibility that parents have in being open to life and in being ready to protect the lives that God entrusts to their care. Those who claim a right to abortion are violating the Fourth Commandment. No parent is the owner of his or her children. God alone owns and rules human life. And he entrusts to parents the awesome gift of welcoming that life with joy.
The Fifth Commandment states,“You shall not kill.” The literal translation of this commandment forbids murder. This is not about a prohibition on killing cattle for food or on killing bugs for our safety. Nor is it an absolute prohibition on repelling an aggressor. The commandment means that we do not have authority to murder the innocent. Babies are always in that category. The commandment against directly, deliberately killing a baby or any other innocent person is absolute.
Hosea 13:16

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

'nuff said.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#728 Jan 14, 2013
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither oral contraceptives, nor the Plan B pill are "abortion on demand".
barry

Henagar, AL

#729 Jan 14, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should insurance cover pregnancy and child birth since she "chose" to become pregnant? try to follow your own logic and quit jumping off subject other than INSURANCE...K???
i agree. why should an insurance company be forced to cover pregnancy issues? let them be free to decide to do it or not to do it. let the free market decide. i doubt that the skilled women of this world would flock to or stay at a company that didn't offer it. those who did offer it would gain an advantage in the work force.
so why not let those who have a religious issue with birth control opt out? if women want to work for them they can or they can go with the companies who do offer it. let the free market decide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,395,286
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min Sharrp Shooter 388,102
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 216,772
News Clinton scores prized endorsement from Gov. Jer... 3 min RiccardoFire 22
News Vacaville residents vote to get voice heard Tue... 5 min geez 7
News Democrats stage sit-in, shut down chamber overa 6 min Hanoi Hussein 57
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 8 min Big C 13,069
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 25 min Sheriff Joe 529 1,135
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 31 min Democrat Hero 280
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 31 min 2all 3,452
More from around the web