Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We Won't Comply With 'Morning-After' Mandate

An attorney for Hobby Lobby Stores said Thursday that the arts and crafts chain plans to defy a federal mandate requiring it to offer employees health coverage that includes access to the morning-after pill, despite risking potential fines of up to $1.3 million per day. Full Story
First Prev
of 61
Next Last
Raoul Thibodeaux

Gulfport, MS

#1 Dec 28, 2012
This is just more crap coming from the Supreme Corn!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2 Dec 28, 2012
Which confirms my decision not to shop at Hobby Lobby ever again. Their religious fanaticism, extremist politics, and abuse of their employees makes them a rogue retail outlet which doesn't need my business.

Here's hoping they acquire new management soon, unlikely as that is. Meanwhile, fine 'em.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Dec 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
Which confirms my decision not to shop at Hobby Lobby ever again. Their religious fanaticism, extremist politics, and abuse of their employees makes them a rogue retail outlet which doesn't need my business.
Here's hoping they acquire new management soon, unlikely as that is. Meanwhile, fine 'em.
first you boycott chic-fil-a and now hobby lobby....you are singlehandedly going to cause the demise of these two respectable businesses. I hope that makes you happy.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#4 Dec 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
That's all well and good.... until YOU get fined for something you believe in.

You don't seem the type to shop there anyway. You slander, what abuse? There's none. Abuse to the unborn.....now THAT'S abuse...in fact it's murder. To stand for life, you call abuse. What in the world does that make you? Scary.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#5 Dec 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
Ditto's. Plus I do not give to ANY charity that is involved with the religious right wing. Including United Way.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#6 Dec 28, 2012
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all well and good.... until YOU get fined for something you believe in.
You don't seem the type to shop there anyway. You slander, what abuse? There's none. Abuse to the unborn.....now THAT'S abuse...in fact it's murder. To stand for life, you call abuse. What in the world does that make you? Scary.
Wow, a really amazingly hysterical and irrational post on your part. I haven't denied YOU the right to boycott whomever you please, but I'm "scary" because I don't want to shop at Hobby Lobby?

You don't seem the type to think clearly. One reason our country's such a mess.
Collapse55

Hollywood, FL

#7 Dec 28, 2012
Private enterprise and freedom. Hobby Lobby is exercising their rights under the constitution.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8 Dec 28, 2012
Collapse55 wrote:
Private enterprise and freedom. Hobby Lobby is exercising their rights under the constitution.
Business enterprises are required to obey laws in this country just as individuals are. They are not above the law or government regulation.

Put those facts in your teabag and dunk it..
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#9 Dec 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, a really amazingly hysterical and irrational post on your part. I haven't denied YOU the right to boycott whomever you please, but I'm "scary" because I don't want to shop at Hobby Lobby?
You don't seem the type to think clearly. One reason our country's such a mess.
You lack in comprehension, I mentioned you were "scary" because you stated they are abusive...all they want to do in HONOR life...and that is what you call abuse...that is what I was referring to. Get it, got it...GOOD. If you STILL don't get it, I can't help you.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#10 Dec 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Business enterprises are required to obey laws in this country just as individuals are. They are not above the law or government regulation.
Put those facts in your teabag and dunk it..
Are you a real person or a badly programmed robot?
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#11 Dec 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Business enterprises are required to obey laws in this country just as individuals are.
...laws are suppose to be constitutional too! Obamacare is NOT!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#12 Dec 28, 2012
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack in comprehension, I mentioned you were "scary" because you stated they are abusive...all they want to do in HONOR life...and that is what you call abuse...that is what I was referring to. Get it, got it...GOOD. If you STILL don't get it, I can't help you.
They're abusing the rights of their female employees to obtain contraception, including the 'morning-after' pill. That's what I said, and what I meant. It's not up to them to try to force their morality on their employees, any more than it's up to Catholic institutions to force Catholic superstitions on employees, Catholic or not.

I understand that you're a half-bright anti-choicer, if that's what your post meant. Thank goodness you can't help me become as you are.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#13 Dec 28, 2012
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
...laws are suppose to be constitutional too! Obamacare is NOT!
The U.S. Supreme Court says you're full of it, alas.:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#14 Dec 28, 2012
In any case, the Hobby Lobby defiance is based on non-medical superstition, the belief that the morning-after pill is a form of "abortion."

It is not, of course. It merely prevents a fertilized egg from adhereing to the wall of the uterus and developing into a fetus. That is not an "abortion," no matter how many anti-choice fanatics believe it is.

The believe appears based on the anti-choice superstition that a fertilized egg is a "person" from the moment of fertilization, which no rational person accepts.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#15 Dec 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Supreme Court says you're full of it, alas.:)
You ARE a badly programmed robot!!!
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#16 Dec 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
They're abusing the rights of their female employees to obtain contraception, including the 'morning-after' pill. That's what I said, and what I meant. It's not up to them to try to force their morality on their employees, any more than it's up to Catholic institutions to force Catholic superstitions on employees, Catholic or not.
I understand that you're a half-bright anti-choicer, if that's what your post meant. Thank goodness you can't help me become as you are.
They ARE NOT keeping anyone from obtaining ANYTHING! THEY are simply saying that THEY should NOT HAVE TO SUPPLY IT!!! Good Greif!!!

Who programmed you?!!???

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#17 Dec 28, 2012
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
They ARE NOT keeping anyone from obtaining ANYTHING! THEY are simply saying that THEY should NOT HAVE TO SUPPLY IT!!! Good Greif!!!
Who programmed you?!!???
They are discriminating against women who need a prescription given by a doctor. Discrimination is against the law. If you are pro discrimination then you would not mind Catholics and other religious nuts being denied a job where the healthcare covers contraceptives right? After all an employer would not want to cause undo stress or be party to a religious nut case going against their religion...right?
Discrimination can go both ways.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#18 Dec 28, 2012
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE a badly programmed robot!!!
Look up the damned decision yourself then, rightie. I didn't make it and I didn't make it up. You're hysterical.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#19 Dec 28, 2012
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who programmed you?!!???
You could use some programming with facts. The Hobby Lobby doesn't want to provide health insurance which COULD pay for morning-after pill contraception. this is based on their superstitious belief that it is somehow related to abortion.

The company wouldn't "supply it" in any case, fool. Drugstores would supply it. Sheesh.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#20 Dec 28, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are discriminating against women who need a prescription given by a doctor.
WRONG, this has nothing to do with a perscription. Hobby Lobby is not keeping anyone from getting ANY perscription!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 61
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Injudgement 167,929
GOP hopefuls weigh in on gay marriage 3 min Cordwainer Trout 17
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Captain Yesterday 50,199
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min smfh 1,172,066
Romney version 3.0? 4 min Le Duped 129
US believes it is number one - Russia 5 min Dajokerman 70
Jane Fonda's Vietnam-era arrest bolsters GOP cr... 5 min Gary 18
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 8 min Le Duped 1,769
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Cheech the Conser... 304,030
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 12 min Captain Yesterday 552
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 15 min Captain Yesterday 2,256
More from around the web