Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Contr...

Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate

There are 5105 comments on the Roll Call story from Jul 22, 2012, titled Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for increased gun control in the wake of last week's Colorado shooting, saying it may have helped prevent the tragic incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#4966 Oct 18, 2012
Henry Kissinger wrote:
<quoted text>Obama will be re-elected! Get over it! I'll smack that smirk off of your face on election night!!
ABJECT LOSER Obama is going down in flames, liberal name-changing troll!

Come do it now.

Put up or shut up.

We ALL know that all you can do is shut up!

Since: Jul 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4967 Oct 18, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Here’s the best one person attempting to illustrate what you state http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/01/29/8317...
A few example of Obama.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-blames-bu...
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katehicks/2012/0...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-long-can-...
This would be quite amusing if it didn’t impact so many people
http://blogs.ajc.com/kyle-wingfield/2012/06/2...
Obama needs to grow a set and speak the truth.
I mention Reagan and you want to drag Bush back into it. Another one that desires to blame Bush for all of our woes? I’m not a fan of Bush, but he was a much better president than the talking head we have now.
If this is all you got out of my post, I am sorry for you.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4968 Oct 18, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Here’s the best one person attempting to illustrate what you state http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/01/29/8317...
A few example of Obama.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-blames-bu...
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katehicks/2012/0...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-long-can-...
This would be quite amusing if it didn’t impact so many people
http://blogs.ajc.com/kyle-wingfield/2012/06/2...
Obama needs to grow a set and speak the truth.
I mention Reagan and you want to drag Bush back into it. Another one that desires to blame Bush for all of our woes? I’m not a fan of Bush, but he was a much better president than the talking head we have now.
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
The downturn began under Clinton. It’s just convenient to blame Bush. Hell, Obama is still blaming Bush.
Reagan inherited a faltering economy. How many times did he blame Carter?
You did not just mention Reagan, you specifically asked how many times he blamed Carter.

Now go back and read my reply to this post one more time and see if you don't get a little more out of it. Something that should give you food for thought and show how ridiculous your feigned indignation is.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4969 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree with you that we should be giving ANY foreign aid to any country supports Muslim extremism. I will disagree with you on Israel. They are the only true ally we have in the Middle East (I have been there twice). As far as the UN...we need to get out and kick them out of New York.
Israel is not our ally, though we act like we are theirs.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4970 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...let's talk about WMD's. WMD's were in fact found in Iraq. However, they were not found in the great stockpiles that were reported years before. you want evidence of the WMD's? Look no further than the mass graves found there with 1,000's upon 1,000's of bodies in them. Saddam had gassed his own people for crying out loud. You need to remember that he had MONTHS to get the WMD stockpiles out of Iraq before we got there. Care to guess where they went? Here's a couple clues for you....Syria and Iran.
And why would Iran choose to get into a war with Israel? It is really quite simple. Iran is controlled by a Muslim theocracy. like most middle-eastern countries. Israel is our....the Great Satan's....closest ally in the region. They do not have the capability to attack us head on, so they will pick the next closest thing. One thing you need to realize is this. These middle-eastern theocracies have no interest in peace with us....NONE. Our country and our freedom goes against everything they believe. I mean hell, just look at how the Taliban has put a bounty on the head of a teenage girl because she dared to speak out in favor of educating girls. How do you reason with that type of insanity??? Their greatest reward on this Earth is martyrdom. These idiots are constantly bombing THEIR OWN PEOPLE, and you don't think they would waste a hot second to take a shot at Israel???
Please. I appears that YOU are the one who has bought into a lie.
No, it was you that bought the lie and when it is not the lie it is the distortion.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4971 Oct 18, 2012
Henry Kissinger wrote:
<quoted text>You're the first one we're coming after.
I'd look in Israel, or Egypt, or Malasia, or Thailand for him first. K?

Location hidden

#4972 Oct 18, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
BARF-HOOF! Still spewing your moronic liberal tripe?
Why don't you know that Jimmy Carter signed the ORIGINAL bill into law?
Don't you get tired of making a fool of yourself?
Speaking of Carter, this election is looking a lot like Carter's second run at things, don't you agree?
How are those poll numbers looking for a SITTING PRESIDENT?
More like a sitting duck about to be turned into a lame one. I don't much like that lame duck thought though. Someone better lash down the silverware and the china in the WH, and get a two fisted hold on your pocketbook too eh.
<snort>

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4973 Oct 18, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was you that bought the lie and when it is not the lie it is the distortion.
So the 100,000+ pounds of ordnance my friend blew up over there (in one shot!) was just a figment of his imagination, huh? Want to see the video?

The explosion shattered windows over 7 miles away.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4974 Oct 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Deregulation of banks had everything to do with sub prime.
Dope.
Who was the president before, during, and when the bubble burst?
Got it: it is never Bush's fault.
I’m no fan of George Bush.

The Gramm-Leach_Bliley Act is the deregulation you claim. It was passed in 1999 and signed into law by Bill Clinton. The GLB, or privacy act as it’s better known by repealed portions of the Glass-Steagall Act.

See Clinton's own comments on it http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...

Try again, as usual you’re wrong.

I don’t blame Clinton for the GLB act being passed. It was a bipartisan effort and was veto-proof.

The bubble was forming under Clinton and by the time Clinton left office the downturn had already begun.The GLB act indeed acted as fuel for the fire. You must remember the legislation which began under Carter and was intensified under Clinton which forced banks to make loans they normally wouldn’t. The GLB act allowed those banks to repackage the mortgages and sell them off as securities. Banks no longer cared if the loans were repaid.

The bubble did indeed burst under Bush. The real question, was Bush responsible?

Many are responsible, you choose to blame one man.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4975 Oct 18, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You did not just mention Reagan, you specifically asked how many times he blamed Carter.
Now go back and read my reply to this post one more time and see if you don't get a little more out of it. Something that should give you food for thought and show how ridiculous your feigned indignation is.
I addressed that point directly. I intentionally sought out examples of Reagan directly blaming Carter. The closest I found was the example I provided
Now, prove your statement. I’ll be waiting

Location hidden

#4976 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So the 100,000+ pounds of ordnance my friend blew up over there (in one shot!) was just a figment of his imagination, huh? Want to see the video?
How many WMDs were in that 100,000 lbs of ordnance?

Yeah, I want to see the video.

Washington, DC

#4977 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of idiot blows up active Chemical or Biological weapons, much less nuclear?

Now had you said burnt them with incedinary you might have something for the first two.

They found some chemical munitions dating back to the Gulf War. The insurgents tried to use them as IED's but we both know a Chemical weapon does not carry much explosive and that was old. Since it was old, you can tell us what happened can't you?

Where were you at?

Washington, DC

#4978 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You do remember the discussion is WMD and not just ordnance don't you?

Washington, DC

#4979 Oct 18, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m no fan of George Bush.
The Gramm-Leach_Bliley Act is the deregulation you claim. It was passed in 1999 and signed into law by Bill Clinton. The GLB, or privacy act as it’s better known by repealed portions of the Glass-Steagall Act.
See Clinton's own comments on it http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...
Try again, as usual you’re wrong.
I don’t blame Clinton for the GLB act being passed. It was a bipartisan effort and was veto-proof.
The bubble was forming under Clinton and by the time Clinton left office the downturn had already begun.The GLB act indeed acted as fuel for the fire. You must remember the legislation which began under Carter and was intensified under Clinton which forced banks to make loans they normally wouldn’t. The GLB act allowed those banks to repackage the mortgages and sell them off as securities. Banks no longer cared if the loans were repaid.
The bubble did indeed burst under Bush. The real question, was Bush responsible?
Many are responsible, you choose to blame one man.
Here is the problem, deregulation did not force financial institutions to do one thing. It only meant the government was not telling them what to do.

Further, Mortgage Backed Securities were never regulated and neither were loans from non-banking institutions (those responsible for the vast majority of bad loans.)

The only thing deregulation did was allow Citibank (which was illegally structured at the time and in violation of the Glass Stiegel Act) to be legal. And then others could do it to.

It was not Carter's, Reagan's, Bush's, Clinton's or bush's fault or the fault of Congress. It was the fault of senior executives at non-bank lending institutions and those that bundled and rated MBSs and other instruments (CDOs) that contained them. And they did because they could collect big bonuses for making a lot of money for their institutions.

Washington, DC

#4980 Oct 18, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I addressed that point directly. I intentionally sought out examples of Reagan directly blaming Carter. The closest I found was the example I provided
Now, prove your statement. I’ll be waiting
which statement? The one about how the collapse happened?
NoBlamer 2012

Mcarthur, CA

#4981 Oct 18, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is all you got out of my post, I am sorry for you.
okb2 alway blames others for her inability to communicate

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4982 Oct 19, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
which statement? The one about how the collapse happened?
You replied to it, you figure it out.

Are you by chance a Democrat?

This explains much

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "But how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You've made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now you expect ME to solve your problem. You're in EXACTLY the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now, it's MY fault.
1 post removed
Tray

Belden, MS

#4984 Oct 19, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You replied to it, you figure it out.
Are you by chance a Democrat?
This explains much
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."
The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."
She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."
"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"
"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."
The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."
"I am," replied the balloonist. "But how did you know?"
"Well," said the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You've made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now you expect ME to solve your problem. You're in EXACTLY the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now, it's MY fault.
WOW that is the best post I've read so far.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4985 Oct 19, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> WOW that is the best post I've read so far.
I wish I could claim authorship of the joke. It’s been floating around the net for a few years.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4986 Oct 19, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
How many WMDs were in that 100,000 lbs of ordnance?
Yeah, I want to see the video.
The video is located in the Shock & Awe video section on Military.com .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California prepares to fight Trump on immigrati... 2 min Cupcake Pounder 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min DP Cassie 403,853
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min zebra 216,710
News Trump's tariff plan hits a hurdle: Congressiona... 3 min Cupcake Pounder 8
News Joe Biden leaves the door open for a 2020 run 4 min Giggle1101 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,458,576
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 5 min Noyb 1,069
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min America 253,224
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 19 min Cupcake Pounder 199
More from around the web