Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate

There are 5105 comments on the Roll Call story from Jul 22, 2012, titled Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for increased gun control in the wake of last week's Colorado shooting, saying it may have helped prevent the tragic incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4944 Oct 18, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we fighting "enemy combatants" in Egypt?
Libya?
Syria?
Iran?
As a matter of fact...yes we are. It is called Muslim extremism and they are currently targeting our embassies.

Next.

Southeast Virginia

#4945 Oct 18, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask YOU this.
Shall I come and take ALL your weapons and declare you unfit to keep and bear arms, as I do not trust you because you talked bad about my mom once?
Or
Would it be a better and more respectful thing to do if I wait until it is OBVIOUS you intend to misuse your arms against me, and then disarm you?
We have heard this line of disconnected reasoning before from the military machine. Remember the WMDs of invisibleness in Iraq?
I ask you again, and again politely I may add, what happened to "do not fire unless fired upon" in our military? WHEN did it change? HAS it changed?
And I will answer you again, politely. We have already been fired upon, and have been getting fired upon for YEARS. Why can you NOT see that?
2 posts removed

Southeast Virginia

#4948 Oct 18, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Remove the word "Mexico" and insert any of the following.
UNITED NATIONS
Iraq
Afghanistan
Syria
Israel
Egypt
Kenya
and any and ALL foreign countries that receive foreign "aid" from us the US.
I will agree with you that we should be giving ANY foreign aid to any country supports Muslim extremism. I will disagree with you on Israel. They are the only true ally we have in the Middle East (I have been there twice). As far as the UN...we need to get out and kick them out of New York.

Southeast Virginia

#4949 Oct 18, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Remove the word "Mexico" and insert any of the following.
UNITED NATIONS
Iraq
Afghanistan
Syria
Israel
Egypt
Kenya
and any and ALL foreign countries that receive foreign "aid" from us the US.
Are any of the above countries sneaking across our borders to rob our social services blind costing us BILLIONS of dollars a year?
Dr Freud

France

#4950 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Are any of the above countries sneaking across our borders to rob our social services blind costing us BILLIONS of dollars a year?
Yes.
How do you spell:'FEDERAL RESERVE?'
WHO 'prints' so much of YOUR money that it isn't worth DIDDLY SQUAT anyplace else on the planet?
Hell, even China (of all places) WILL NOT accept YOUR MONEY.
Iran exchanges the local currency of China, Japan, and other nations for its mineral crude.
That should tell you something.
Before Iraq was UNCONSCIONABLY attacked by the U.S., they refused U.S. DOLLARS in exchange for its oil.
Libya ALSO followed that policy.
Guess what happened to Libya.
So, go ahead, and proffer your favorite theme, but the facts of history won't support your thoughts.
The British Empire never died. Rather, it lives on in the AMERICAN EMPIRE.
How many times do YOU need to be FU CKED before you realize that you've been FU CKED?
WAKE THE FU CK UP, GOD DAMN IT!!!!

Southeast Virginia

#4951 Oct 18, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
How do you spell:'FEDERAL RESERVE?'
WHO 'prints' so much of YOUR money that it isn't worth DIDDLY SQUAT anyplace else on the planet?
Hell, even China (of all places) WILL NOT accept YOUR MONEY.
Iran exchanges the local currency of China, Japan, and other nations for its mineral crude.
That should tell you something.
Before Iraq was UNCONSCIONABLY attacked by the U.S., they refused U.S. DOLLARS in exchange for its oil.
Libya ALSO followed that policy.
Guess what happened to Libya.
So, go ahead, and proffer your favorite theme, but the facts of history won't support your thoughts.
The British Empire never died. Rather, it lives on in the AMERICAN EMPIRE.
How many times do YOU need to be FU CKED before you realize that you've been FU CKED?
WAKE THE FU CK UP, GOD DAMN IT!!!!
How do you go from social services to the federal reserve??

Focus!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4952 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, all of them and many more to boot.

Location hidden

#4953 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And I will answer you again, politely. We have already been fired upon, and have been getting fired upon for YEARS. Why can you NOT see that?
The question concerned Iran SPECIFICALLY and the sabre rattling and the pending "preemptive" attack associated with it.

I see we have been fired upon by others, so you can stow your self righteous indignation. I question the method of determining just who did the firing however, and the eagerness with which many are so willing to go after, most likely innocent folks, in their haste to make waste of a perceived enemy. I also question the lack of ability of many of my fellow American citizens to see that there is also some blowback going on here and we are responsible for those, uh, incidents.

Would you be so polite as to tear down your strawstack and actually address the question I asked of you - as it relates to IRAN - and how you would feel and react if I came and disarmed you simply because you said something derogatory about my mom?
I asked you a SPECIFIC question that I thought you could relate to since you are here defending the right to keep and bear. If this right truly is an inalienable right, then it is self evident that - as it says - ALL are created with these rights inherent in their persons. Does not a country of citizens who possess such a right also possess a similar right as a group or nation of people?
You care to address it now?

Location hidden

#4954 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Focus!
They are inextricably interconnected and destroying the value of the money you have in your pocket right now sir. It has been thus for so long that other countries are refusing our currency in exchange for goods and services, as it is currently a currency with no real value to speak of.

FOCUS !!!

Location hidden

#4955 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have confused you with my previous post concerning Iran.
There were two questions involved. You addressed the one concerning "do not fire unless fired upon".

The other concerning Iran, is still left unanswered.

Southeast Virginia

#4956 Oct 18, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
The question concerned Iran SPECIFICALLY and the sabre rattling and the pending "preemptive" attack associated with it.
I see we have been fired upon by others, so you can stow your self righteous indignation. I question the method of determining just who did the firing however, and the eagerness with which many are so willing to go after, most likely innocent folks, in their haste to make waste of a perceived enemy. I also question the lack of ability of many of my fellow American citizens to see that there is also some blowback going on here and we are responsible for those, uh, incidents.
Would you be so polite as to tear down your strawstack and actually address the question I asked of you - as it relates to IRAN - and how you would feel and react if I came and disarmed you simply because you said something derogatory about my mom?
I asked you a SPECIFIC question that I thought you could relate to since you are here defending the right to keep and bear. If this right truly is an inalienable right, then it is self evident that - as it says - ALL are created with these rights inherent in their persons. Does not a country of citizens who possess such a right also possess a similar right as a group or nation of people?
You care to address it now?
I have addressed IRAN specifically. But I will go over it one more time just for you since you didn't seem to get the jist last time.

IRAN is doing more than just sabre rattling and "saying something derogatory about your mom". They have been trheatening Israel with annihilation FOR YEARS. Now they are enriching uranium which can and probably will be used in a nuclear weapon. They already have missiles that can reach Israel.

Now let me ask you a question (going back to your mother). If I had made repeated threats to blow up your mother's house with her in it, would you not take notice? If other houses in her area were being broke into and torched, not by me but I supplied the materials to the people doing it, would that make your ears perk up a little more?? And after those repeated threats, you find out that I am actually purchasing materials and manufacturing a bomb, would you not make a preemtive move to make sure I will NEVER be able to make good on my threats???

There is no strawman argument here.
koz

Broadview Heights, OH

#4957 Oct 18, 2012
okb2 wrote:
Lets assume you are talking Clinton and the Republican Congress since you did not specify.
Who forced what on whom? Why don't you go back and look at the budget request from Clinton to Congress and how much Congress approved.
Table 470 at the bottom of the page. Debt held by public, total column.
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/t...
Nice try, but your level of dishonesty matches our President's. The column that counts is the first column, "Gross federal debt". While President, Clinton asserted that it woulc not be possible to have a balanced budget until after at least ten years.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4958 Oct 18, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, not even close.
Bush didn’t do anything to create that bubble. Deregulation under Reagan didn’t lead to the housing bubble.
Deregulation of banks had everything to do with sub prime.

Dope.

Who was the president before, during, and when the bubble burst?

Got it: it is never Bush's fault.
Dr Freud

France

#4959 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Focus!
QUESTION: WHO prints YOUR money, and HOW MUCH IS THAT MONEY WORTH?
WHO determines that worth?
And WHO are THEY to make such a judgement?
Get back, when YOU may make an ABSOLUTE judgment in the matter.
Dr Freud

France

#4960 Oct 18, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I have addressed IRAN specifically. But I will go over it one more time just for you since you didn't seem to get the jist last time.
IRAN is doing more than just sabre rattling and "saying something derogatory about your mom". They have been trheatening Israel with annihilation FOR YEARS. Now they are enriching uranium which can and probably will be used in a nuclear weapon. They already have missiles that can reach Israel.
Now let me ask you a question (going back to your mother). If I had made repeated threats to blow up your mother's house with her in it, would you not take notice? If other houses in her area were being broke into and torched, not by me but I supplied the materials to the people doing it, would that make your ears perk up a little more?? And after those repeated threats, you find out that I am actually purchasing materials and manufacturing a bomb, would you not make a preemtive move to make sure I will NEVER be able to make good on my threats???
There is no strawman argument here.
YOU are a FOOL!
Really, you are!
WHY would IRAN —of all nations— seek to instigate a war with NUCLEAR ARMED Israel?
HELLO!!!!!
YOU are GUILTY of BUYING IN TO THE LIE.
What was that which was being said about Iraq, just before YOU BOUGHT INTO THAT "WMD" LIE?
Tell me AGAIN that YOU bought into that LIE, OKAY?
TELL ME!!!!
You bought it, right?
RIGHT?
WHERE WAS THE "WMD"?
HOW MANY IRAQI CHILDREN will be PAYING for YOUR F U C K I N G WILLFUL IGNORANCE?
HOW MANY KIDS will be born with BIRTH DEFECTS, because YOU BELIEVED A F U C K I N G LIE?
HOW MANY?!?!?!
Let's talk about that, shall we? Or not ...
Henry Kissinger

Seattle, WA

#4961 Oct 18, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are a FOOL!
Really, you are!
WHY would IRAN —of all nations— seek to instigate a war with NUCLEAR ARMED Israel?
HELLO!!!!!
What was that which was being said about Iraq, just before YOU BOUGHT INTO THAT "WMD" LIE?
TELL ME!!!!
You bought it, right?
RIGHT?
WHERE WAS THE "WMD"?
HOW MANY IRAQI CHILDREN will be PAYING for YOUR F U C K I N G WILLFUL IGNORANCE?
HOW MANY KIDS will be born with BIRTH DEFECTS, because YOU BELIEVED A F U C K I N G LIE?
HOW MANY?!?!?!
You're the first one we're coming after.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#4962 Oct 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Deregulation of banks had everything to do with sub prime.
Dope.
Who was the president before, during, and when the bubble burst?
Got it: it is never Bush's fault.
BARF-HOOF! Still spewing your moronic liberal tripe?

Why don't you know that Jimmy Carter signed the ORIGINAL bill into law?

Don't you get tired of making a fool of yourself?

Speaking of Carter, this election is looking a lot like Carter's second run at things, don't you agree?

How are those poll numbers looking for a SITTING PRESIDENT?
Henry Kissinger

Seattle, WA

#4963 Oct 18, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
BARF-HOOF! Still spewing your moronic liberal tripe?
Why don't you know that Jimmy Carter signed the ORIGINAL bill into law?
Don't you get tired of making a fool of yourself?
Speaking of Carter, this election is looking a lot like Carter's second run at things, don't you agree?
How are those poll numbers looking for a SITTING PRESIDENT?
Obama will be re-elected! Get over it! I'll smack that smirk off of your face on election night!!

Southeast Virginia

#4964 Oct 18, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are a FOOL!
Really, you are!
HELLO!!!!!
TELL ME!!!!
You bought it, right?
RIGHT?
WHERE WAS THE "WMD"?
HOW MANY?!?!?!
Ok...let's talk about WMD's. WMD's were in fact found in Iraq. However, they were not found in the great stockpiles that were reported years before. you want evidence of the WMD's? Look no further than the mass graves found there with 1,000's upon 1,000's of bodies in them. Saddam had gassed his own people for crying out loud. You need to remember that he had MONTHS to get the WMD stockpiles out of Iraq before we got there. Care to guess where they went? Here's a couple clues for you....Syria and Iran.

And why would Iran choose to get into a war with Israel? It is really quite simple. Iran is controlled by a Muslim theocracy. like most middle-eastern countries. Israel is our....the Great Satan's....closest ally in the region. They do not have the capability to attack us head on, so they will pick the next closest thing. One thing you need to realize is this. These middle-eastern theocracies have no interest in peace with us....NONE. Our country and our freedom goes against everything they believe. I mean hell, just look at how the Taliban has put a bounty on the head of a teenage girl because she dared to speak out in favor of educating girls. How do you reason with that type of insanity??? Their greatest reward on this Earth is martyrdom. These idiots are constantly bombing THEIR OWN PEOPLE, and you don't think they would waste a hot second to take a shot at Israel???

Please. I appears that YOU are the one who has bought into a lie.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#4965 Oct 18, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are a FOOL!
Really, you are!
HELLO!!!!!
TELL ME!!!!
You bought it, right?
RIGHT?
WHERE WAS THE "WMD"?
HOW MANY?!?!?!
Maybe the same intel group on WMD's as was on Libya and the movie trailer!

How many American children don't have parents due to 9/11?

Get your priorities straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court Maintains Block of Obama Immigration Plan 3 min Earl 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min lucid 1,233,410
News GOP's fight for 2016 nomination likely to drag ... 4 min Billy Ringo 105
News Julian Castro: Clinton emails a 'witch hunt' 6 min mjjcpa 50
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min zion 53,573
News Republicans may stand in the way of Cuba rappro... 12 min Marco Catira Traidor 84
News Kasich Not Invited To Speak At Big Conservative... 13 min Reality Speaks 6
News Ireland same-sex marriage 15 min yup 118
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 15 min Le Jimbo 2,368
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr positronium 328,514
More from around the web