Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate

Jul 22, 2012 Read more: Roll Call 5,105

Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for increased gun control in the wake of last week's Colorado shooting, saying it may have helped prevent the tragic incident.

Read more
d nashua

Nashua, NH

#21 Jul 22, 2012
We have laws against most everything that are ignored or not enforced.
Immigration how are those laws working for ya?
Illegal drug sales? auto thieft? bribes to congress to effect outcome of new laws?? insider trading? prostitution?
275 black kids killed in chicago this year by guns in the hands of black drug dealers on the south side of chicago, So chicago parents how them Chicago gun laws working for you and your children?

But if you park wrong in chicago or nashua they will hunt you down to the grave to collect the overdue parking ticket
but do a drive by shooting no one cares.

So you go ahead get all worked up for more gun laws just remember the laws you have now are not enforced unless you park wrong or evade a toll

Since: Dec 07

Flint, TX

#22 Jul 22, 2012
Va te faire baiser chatte wrote:
To All:
The premises behind the "right to bear arms" not longer exists!
In the 1780's, it was put in place to prevent European monarchies from reconquering their loss possesions! It was not put their because of violence or personal security!
George Washington had to use the Continental army to put down the whiskey rebellion in 1793 so that they pay the alcohol tax approved by Congress and those distillers had rifles and gun but the Army was sufficient to stop them.
Today, we are no longer threatened by foreign invasion. We have nuclear missiles that take care of that problem. So now we are going to turn against each other (due to hate, racism, intolerance, poverty, greed, etc.) and efficiently kill each other thanks to automatic weapons! That is not the purpose of the Constitution!
Let's not have a police force (fire them all) and let the regular citizenry defend itself.
You have your location hidden, however in another post you put "if the British" let me. Obviously, you live in Britain so why don't you mind your own problems. The Constitution was written to defend us from the likes of King George. He ordered the British Army to take the guns away from the citizens and the Minutemen met him at Lexington-Concorde! The rest is history, the 2d Amendement will stay. Bugger off, boy.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#23 Jul 22, 2012
To All:
The premises behind the "right to bear arms" not longer exists!
In the 1780's, it was put in place to prevent European monarchies from reconquering their loss possesions! It was not put their because of violence or personal security!
George Washington had to use the Continental army to put down the whiskey rebellion in 1793 so that they pay the alcohol tax approved by Congress and those distillers had rifles and gun but the Army was sufficient to stop them.
Today, we are no longer threatened by foreign invasion. We have nuclear missiles that take care of that problem. So now we are going to turn against each other (due to hate, racism, intolerance, poverty, greed, etc.) and efficiently kill each other thanks to automatic weapons! That is not the purpose of the Constitution!
Let's not have a police force (fire them all) and let the regular citizenry defend itself.
Attention you fruitcake red coat!!! You are the last person who needs to be talking about the United States Constitution however I suspect the Communist Manifesto is right up your alley.
So take your premises and stick 'em up your rear end. Guns are here to stay and if you think otherwise I suggest you get a big box and go door to door in your neighborhood demanding everyone give you their guns. Don't be surprised when some little old lady slams a frying pan upside your head...now GFY.
voteearlyvoteoft en

Virginia Beach, VA

#24 Jul 22, 2012
<quoted text>
An assault rifle has more accuracy and better grouping than a freaking hand gun and those rifle can shoot more bullets per second (at 1,500 ft/sec) than a stupid gun.
Do you want to prove me wrong? We can go to Aurora, you with a gun and me with a AR-50 and let's shoot each other?
First off, it helps to know what you are talking about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armalite_AR-50

Second, a semi-auto like say an AR-15 only shoots as fast as you pull the trigger.

Unlike a full-automatic.

Again, your ignorance is amazing!
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#25 Jul 22, 2012
Well Colorado allows the sale of weapons and that they can be carry, concealed, to public buildings and college campuses.
So what do you think it can happen? Is Colorado saying that the police is not enough to guaranty security? Can a handgun beat an assault rifle 100% of the time? Even the police say that a well equiped individual is hard to bring down so how can a regular citizen armed with a gun take down a machine gun or automatic firing assault rifle like the AR-50?
Colorado better stop pleasing the NRA under the excuse do diminish my freedoms than making it difficult for the citizenry and the police to defend themselves from deranged individuals!
I blame this one on Colorado! Live with the consequences of your actions!!!
There was no machine gun or fully-automatic gun involved in this tragedy. Where did you come up with that piece of propaganda and what is an AR-50 ?

This idiot also booby-trapped his apartment without the use of any firearms including your imaginary AR-50.

Once the guns are out there , as they have been for decades ,the only threat an idiot like this would repect or fear would be another armed person.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#26 Jul 22, 2012
Just a correction on the title.

It wasn't the shooting at the theater that "rekindled" the "gun-control" debate. It is buzzard leftists attempting to scavenge from the dead anything of value for their cause.

They don't care about people getting shot, the shooter's evil ways, or his bombs. All they care about is the subduing of the Individual and the inherent freedoms involved. It's why they focus so much on responsibility - responsibility IS Liberty and they attack it ceaselessly. It's not the shooter, and it's not even really the gun since they are not as obsessed with other weapons - it's the People's Right to own them that is the problem.

Their dream is for Americans to be like the Brits during their riots - hiding inside their houses with what's left of their own minds saying, "someone ELSE is trying to harm me and I need someone ELSE to come and save me. I know my country is in flames but I am not responsible. I was promised "freedom" from all responsibilities and the illusion of safety".

Location hidden

#27 Jul 22, 2012
<quoted text>
When you move to the US, then talk about the US! OK? Guns are used by organized group of people to carry their objectives: Gangs, Police, vigilante (Zimmerman), etc.
Just check out Cleveland, Atlanta, Memphis, Gary, Trenton, Buffalo, etc. and you will see two to three people killed by guns every two to three days!
Attention fruitcake!!! You bozo are talking Colorado USA so what's this horsesht about moving? Frankly you are one dumb bag of libelous sht and the more you talk the dumber and more libelous you get so GFY.
voteearlyvoteoft en

Virginia Beach, VA

#28 Jul 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Do you want to prove me wrong? We can go to Aurora, you with a gun and me with a AR-50 and let's shoot each other?
I have a better idea:

We start 10 paces apart, you with your unloaded AR-50 and three unmarked boxes of ammo in front of you; me with a copy of the day's New York Times and a Whole Foods shopping bag.

At the word go, I will calmly walk towards you while you deperately try to figure out how to load, chamber and fire your gun. I will then slap you like the beotch you are with the NYT before putting the Whole Foods bag over your head and asphyxiating you.

Proving that if we really want to stop those with intent to kill we should ban the NYT and Whole Foods......

PS - When you pee yourself during this, try to keep it off of me!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#29 Jul 22, 2012
Well Colorado allows the sale of weapons and that they can be carry, concealed, to public buildings and college campuses.
So what do you think it can happen? Is Colorado saying that the police is not enough to guaranty security? Can a handgun beat an assault rifle 100% of the time? Even the police say that a well equiped individual is hard to bring down so how can a regular citizen armed with a gun take down a machine gun or automatic firing assault rifle like the AR-50?
Colorado better stop pleasing the NRA under the excuse do diminish my freedoms than making it difficult for the citizenry and the police to defend themselves from deranged individuals!
I blame this one on Colorado! Live with the consequences of your actions!!!
What did gun control do for Chicago......it has more deaths from ILLEGAL GUNS than deaths in Afganhistan. Then you can always call Obama and Holder and ask them about gun control or MORE LIKELY gun running.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#30 Jul 22, 2012
voteearlyvoteoften wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, a semi-auto like say an AR-15 only shoots as fast as you pull the trigger.
Unlike a full-automatic.
Well after all it is a liberal beating a dead horse.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#31 Jul 22, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Another month of job growth? Where? Near Bakersfield where their drilling again!! LMAO
After months of declining job growth, May's jobs report proved to be the worst in months. Only 69,000 jobs were added during the month, and the unemployment rate increased to 8.2 percent, hardly the direction President Obama had hoped for.
Much of the unemployment went to such numbers during the Obama Administration and have stayed there. The trillion dollars of new money he printed and even the bailouts created obstacles to recovery and so we limp along like this. Recovery again has stumbled because of oil prices which came about after Obama invaded Libya (who is a major supplier to the US via BP), and he has destabilized the Middle East. OBama has been unable to cope with the economy because he can not separate politics from the economy and they do not work well together.
Nothing nobama is doing for job growth, peanut. Why don't you man up and come up with some other crap rather than post the same bullshit forum after forum.
Dear Personality Disorder #1 -- I have already told you to not respond to me until you man up and show me where I compared Bush to Hitler like you claimed I did you L-I-A-R.

LOL - It's been over three weeks and you still haven't manned up and shown me evidence. Man up or shut up you L-I-A-R. Everything you say will be considered a LIE and not worth a response until you man up Pinocchio.

Topix Index to the Message Boards and RINO Party Members:

(You’re guaranteed to run across one of these personality disorders.)

==========

The Habitual Liar: Bluebonnets-Thistle

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TU2SCT...

The Sandusky Lover Suffering from Tourette’s: JohnInLa

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TU2SCT...

The Sandusky Loving Off-Topic Frenchman: Le Jimbo

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TRU90N...

The Sandusky Loving Spammer: The Laughing Liberal

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/T3VIR5...

==========

Location hidden

#32 Jul 22, 2012
With marxist media microphones in front of her the democRat douchebag diane fienstien who owns a handgun comes up with the idiocy of good gun vs bad gun. The kind of good gun happens to be the kind of gun fienstien owns. Of course the bad gun is a semi-auto rifle and those are, in her words, for killing only. I hate to pee on fienstien’s stupidity but what is a handgun for? Stirring cookie batter? These self-serving gun hating scumbag ambulance chasers like fienstien stoop to profit off corpses even before the morgue gets 'em…despicable.
Hi Lees ego

United States

#33 Jul 22, 2012
voteearlyvoteoften wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike a full-automatic.
I was going through here looking to see if ANYBODY picked up on that, and you were the only one...It was an AR-15. Good job!!

You did make one mistake though. With an AR-50, you have to chamber each round with a bolt action. Making it even slower than a semi-auto.
voteearlyvoteoft en

Virginia Beach, VA

#34 Jul 22, 2012
Hi Lees ego wrote:
<quoted text>I was going through here looking to see if ANYBODY picked up on that, and you were the only one...It was an AR-15. Good job!!
You did make one mistake though. With an AR-50, you have to chamber each round with a bolt action. Making it even slower than a semi-auto.
Please read my statement again, I am well aware of the difference.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#35 Jul 22, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
People died and you are asking the government for a job???? WTF?!?!
We had another month of job growth and 92% of the workforce is employed. If you want a job, GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET ONE, like every other hard working American. Man up and stop asking the government for a handout!
what???
another month of job growth????

what planet are YOU on?

btw...84% of the workforce is employed

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#36 Jul 22, 2012
someone should inform dianne that the model for strict gun control laws is chicago...
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#37 Jul 22, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
what???
another month of job growth????
what planet are YOU on?
btw...84% of the workforce is employed
WOOOOOW..the nile river flows strong within you.....
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#38 Jul 22, 2012
or rather..."denial" river....
Osama Obama

Newburg, PA

#39 Jul 22, 2012
Just let those that want to ban guns write their name down and let US decide by our votes.If they feel so strong about it they should have no problem letting their names be known.Bye Bye
Logan

Austin, TX

#40 Jul 22, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
WOOOOOW..the nile river flows strong within you.....
Just as Obama's spooge runs strong and deep within you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Dogen 159,357
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 2 min xxxrayted 781
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 6 min Christians In Nam... 57
News The Supreme Court's big gay-marriage case could... 7 min WeTheSheeple 4
News Gutierrez Hands Out - Do Not Deport Me' Toolkit... 11 min sandy1 7
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 12 min Harry Paratestes 703
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Jay 178,098
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min Coffee Party 323,202
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 19 min Christians In Nam... 157
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min Patrick 1,216,565
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 34 min barefoot2626 518
More from around the web