Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate

There are 5105 comments on the Roll Call story from Jul 22, 2012, titled Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for increased gun control in the wake of last week's Colorado shooting, saying it may have helped prevent the tragic incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

NoBlamer 2012

Fall River Mills, CA

#4309 Oct 3, 2012
its funny how that clown bareFOOL cant back up anything

MAGGOT + cockroach = bareFOOL

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4310 Oct 3, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, BARF-HOOF,
So, Spooge Breath, have you ever had anything interesting to say after "After four punches, fifth time is free"?

Location hidden

#4311 Oct 3, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
its funny how that clown bareFOOL cant back up anything
BOYCOTT +$5 = Happy Ending

Location hidden

#4312 Oct 3, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So you continue to dodge and deflect.
So you continue to whine and cry and stop your feet, Nancy.

Location hidden

#4313 Oct 3, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
Did I ask you what Scalia's OPINION was?
Ah: there's the problem, Nancy.

You are thinking I give two sh!ts what you "ask".

I don't.

You post crap and I slap the snot out of you and you cry and whimper and say I dodged your loaded questions.

I am more clever than you, Nancy.

So's the average FOX viewer, but then: you are still working your way up to that.

Location hidden

#4314 Oct 3, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can name an act anything you want, even the Constitutional Carry Act even if it disarms citizens.
E.G.: "No Child Left Behind" as Bush eviscerated school funding.

Location hidden

#4315 Oct 3, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
Now do you have the BALLS to answer the question, or not?
SWALLOW, tin soldier: you've been paid.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4316 Oct 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
You post crap and I slap the snot out of you and you cry and whimper and say I dodged your loaded questions.
So's the average FOX viewer, but then: you are still working your way up to that.
The only thing you are slapping is your boyfriend's balls off your chin.

And I KNEW you wouldn't have the guts to answer the question, because you know the answer to it shoves your ENTIRE ARGUMENT squarely up your nether regions.

GFY, TROLL. You won't get another response from me.

Since: Jul 12

Washington, DC

#4317 Oct 3, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And I KNEW you wouldn't have the guts to answer the question, because you know the answer to it shoves your ENTIRE ARGUMENT squarely up your nether regions.
Are you still on the stupid question schtick?
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#4318 Oct 3, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know that he likes you taking 'dirty' to him. That's how he gets his 'jollies.'
the truth

Oak Hill, WV

#4319 Oct 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/06/education/n...

‘No Child’ Law Whittled Down by White House

In just five months, the Obama administration has freed schools in more than half the nation from central provisions of the No Child Left Behind education law, raising the question of whether the decade-old federal program has been essentially nullified.

Under obama.
the truth

Oak Hill, WV

#4320 Oct 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Huffington post:
Since since the end of the recession three years ago, 300,000 educators have lost their jobs -- 7,000 in the last month alone, according to a report the White House released Saturday, titled "Investing in Our Future: Returning Teachers to the Classroom." To remain financially solvent, 292 school districts took drastic measures that include a four-day school week and cutting full-day kindergarten. Pittsburgh laid off 280 teachers, the report said. Cleveland cut teachers and programs in music, art and gym.

The massive layoffs have increased the student-teacher ratio, reversing a long trend. After years of having more teachers for each student, the national ratio of students to teachers increased by 4.6 percent from 2008 to 2010. It's now 16 students per teacher, where it was in 2000. While the student-teacher ratio is not the same as class size because it includes non-classroom teachers, the class size trend is bound to look the same, senior administration officials pointed out on a Friday call with reporters.

All under obama.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#4321 Oct 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who is confused about the Second Amendment, Nancy: I am the one that keeps posting the entire second amendment while the gun gnutters begin and end "quotes" with ellipses.
What part of the SUPREME COURT ruling in favor of gun control laws do you not understand?
Included Scalia- the most "nut friendly"- said are limitations on "bear arms", that SCOTUS would have to decide what they are- not vigilante Nancy boys like yourself, that owning a gun is may be legal, owning a cannon is not. SCALIA said there are firearms that cause great harm, and he would have to make a call based on what were understood limitations at the time of the Founders when he sees such a case.
Now, Nancy: I think that Scalia is in a better position to make such a call, as are the other eight.
"...that owning a gun is may be legal, owning a cannon is not."

Owning a cannon is "NOT legal"...says who..?

"SCALIA said there are firearms that cause great harm, and he would have to make a call based on what were understood limitations at the time of the Founders when he sees such a case."

I'm glad to see you say that...because one statement already made is that the 2nd Amendment covers those arms used by the militia...you think maybe those would include those so called "assault weapons"...?...I do.

"It is entirely clear that the Court’s basis for saying that the Second Amendment did not apply was not that the defendants were “bear[ing] arms” not “for ... military purposes” but for “nonmilitary use,” post, at 2. Rather, it was that the type of weapon at issue was not eligible for Second Amendment protection:“In the absence of any evidence tending to show that the possession or use of a [short barreled shotgun] at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument.” 307 U. S., at 178 (emphasis added).“Certainly,” the Court continued,“it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense.” Ibid. Beyond that, the opinion provided no explanation of the content of the right."

"United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174, does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes."
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#4322 Oct 3, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can name an act anything you want, even the Constitutional Carry Act even if it disarms citizens.
Which it doesn't...does that apply to "The Affordable Care Act" as well...You know, the act that isn't affordable...?...but thanks for playing.
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#4323 Oct 3, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Which it doesn't...does that apply to "The Affordable Care Act" as well...You know, the act that isn't affordable...?...but thanks for playing.
THANK YOU!
That 'dots's the 'i' and 'crosses the 't'.
The 'E'ffing' liberals are always wont to play word games, but when the cows come home, they (the liberals) always complain about who gets to do all that work!

Since: Aug 12

Dickson, TN

#4324 Oct 3, 2012
We have the right to arms not just ones approved by papa govment

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4325 Oct 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who is confused about the Second Amendment, Nancy: I am the one that keeps posting the entire second amendment while the gun gnutters begin and end "quotes" with ellipses.
What part of the SUPREME COURT ruling in favor of gun control laws do you not understand?
Included Scalia- the most "nut friendly"- said are limitations on "bear arms", that SCOTUS would have to decide what they are- not vigilante Nancy boys like yourself, that owning a gun is may be legal, owning a cannon is not. SCALIA said there are firearms that cause great harm, and he would have to make a call based on what were understood limitations at the time of the Founders when he sees such a case.
Now, Nancy: I think that Scalia is in a better position to make such a call, as are the other eight.
It’s perfectly legal to own a cannon. It’s less paperwork to buy a canon than a 17.9” shotgun.

So many choices
http://www.cannonsuperstore.com/

Do you ever research the bullshit you spout? Show evidence of what you claim. Scalia does indeed support some restrictions. He does indeed support the suspension of second amendment rights for convicted felons.

The entire statement read as follows

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

Try reading the entire decision http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4326 Oct 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
You probably are more clever than some, we’ll have to find those few to test that theory.

You’re about as dumb as a box of rocks. You’re dishonest and make crap up as you go. Then when called on that crap you reply with some sort of childish sexual reference.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#4327 Oct 4, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably are more clever than some, we’ll have to find those few to test that theory.
You’re about as dumb as a box of rocks. You’re dishonest and make crap up as you go. Then when called on that crap you reply with some sort of childish sexual reference.
A classic !

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#4328 Oct 4, 2012
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Huffington post:
Since since the end of the recession three years ago, 300,000 educators have lost their jobs -- 7,000 in the last month alone, according to a report the White House released Saturday, titled "Investing in Our Future: Returning Teachers to the Classroom." To remain financially solvent, 292 school districts took drastic measures that include a four-day school week and cutting full-day kindergarten. Pittsburgh laid off 280 teachers, the report said. Cleveland cut teachers and programs in music, art and gym.
The massive layoffs have increased the student-teacher ratio, reversing a long trend. After years of having more teachers for each student, the national ratio of students to teachers increased by 4.6 percent from 2008 to 2010. It's now 16 students per teacher, where it was in 2000. While the student-teacher ratio is not the same as class size because it includes non-classroom teachers, the class size trend is bound to look the same, senior administration officials pointed out on a Friday call with reporters.
All under obama.
And Romney has already said it will get worse under him as he cuts education dollars at the federal level. You have a point or your usual pointlessness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 min Hector Valente 201,809
News On H1B Visas: Scott Walker Will Fight For Ameri... 2 min serfs up 19
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min red and right 1,232,033
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Blitzking 163,670
News Pipeline decision expected 7 min Agents of Corruption 11
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Sunshine 182,212
News Why Josh Duggar's Past Will Hurt Social Conserv... 16 min serfs up 6
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 16 min mitt s santorum s... 104
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min red and right 189,629
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 21 min VN Vet 1,975
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr -Friendly Poster- 328,245
More from around the web