Your thoughts on government cuts

Your thoughts on government cuts

There are 9083 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Apr 9, 2011, titled Your thoughts on government cuts. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

President Barack Obama signed a short-term funding extension on Saturday hours after Democrats and Republicans narrowly averted a partial shutdown of the federal government by agreeing on the measure and a budget deal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#9665 Sep 20, 2011
&fe ature=player_embedded#!
Obama's Acts of Treason Speak Louder Than His Words

http://www.whatis-theplan.org
Leroy

Farmville, VA

#9666 Sep 22, 2011
If Obama is re-elected please send my Hammer and Sicle by the US Postal Service.
Miss Piggy

Kenna, WV

#9667 Sep 22, 2011
Who knows what the truth is? There are only two facts in life. Bush was the worst president ever, and Obama by virtue of not being Bush can say anything that happens bad is in fact Bush's fault and simple minded people will believe him.:)
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#9668 Sep 22, 2011
Miss Piggy wrote:
Who knows what the truth is? There are only two facts in life. Bush was the worst president ever, and Obama by virtue of not being Bush can say anything that happens bad is in fact Bush's fault and simple minded people will believe him.:)
Bush was the worst President ever?
You must not be old enough to know / remember Jimmy Carter.
And now... Oblamer might even make Carter look not half bad!
Professor Dufus

High Point, NC

#9669 Sep 22, 2011
James Carville said it right....(Panic Obama Panic)....heh uh Heh uh heh uh...And Carville is to the left of Stalin....LOLOLMAO
1 post removed

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Matawan, NJ

#9671 Sep 22, 2011
Hey Dufus, your daddy is calling you:

Professor Dufus wrote:
James Carville said it right....(Panic Obama Panic)....heh uh Heh uh heh uh...And Carville is to the left of Stalin....LOLOLMAO
Dingo

Elk Grove, CA

#9672 Sep 22, 2011
Or yu could find a nice tree, take some rope with you and have a picnic.
good riddance
Leroy wrote:
If Obama is re-elected please send my Hammer and Sicle by the US Postal Service.
John

United States

#9673 Sep 22, 2011
Here is where we stand as a country right now. It cost $10 billion a day to operate the federal government. If we taxed everyone making 250k and above at 100 percent, took 100 percent of all profits from all fortune 500 companies, took 100 percent of all assets from the billionaires ( there are about 400 billionaires in the US) we could operate the federal government for 8 months without creating more debt.
Raising taxes ain't going to help. There is going to be some serious cuts coming. The government is trying not to make the necessary cuts for fear of revolutions. The cuts are coming and anyone depending on anything from government are going to suffer. Get ready because there is nothing that can be done to stop it. It's time to hit the reset button.
1 post removed

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9675 Sep 22, 2011
This country is screwed; it is a waste of breath and vexation to concern one's self with minutia akin to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
grumpy

Brooklyn, NY

#9676 Sep 22, 2011
John wrote:
Here is where we stand as a country right now. It cost $10 billion a day to operate the federal government. If we taxed everyone making 250k and above at 100 percent, took 100 percent of all profits from all fortune 500 companies, took 100 percent of all assets from the billionaires ( there are about 400 billionaires in the US) we could operate the federal government for 8 months without creating more debt.
Raising taxes ain't going to help. There is going to be some serious cuts coming. The government is trying not to make the necessary cuts for fear of revolutions. The cuts are coming and anyone depending on anything from government are going to suffer. Get ready because there is nothing that can be done to stop it. It's time to hit the reset button.
Why do you worry about debt which you will never pay?

“"HEY OBAMA"”

Since: Jul 11

"In My World You Don't Exist"

#9677 Sep 22, 2011
best line of the night...

"My neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than Obama has!"
Commie Kenyan Butt Muffin

Atlanta, GA

#9678 Sep 23, 2011
Dingo wrote:
Or yu could find a nice tree, take some rope with you and have a picnic.
good riddance
<quoted text>
Yeah, but we'll all be bored once you stop swinging.

At least we'll get your share of the fried chicken and watermelon.

Since: May 10

Coppell, TX

#9679 Sep 23, 2011
Get outta here what's holding up change is republicans again showing that they don't care all they care bout is money corporations and me me me u want change get a democratic congress and more in the senate

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9680 Sep 23, 2011
The democrats and the republicans are two heads on the same Hydra.
Commie Kenyan Butt Muffin

Atlanta, GA

#9681 Sep 23, 2011
jonathan51793 wrote:
Get outta here what's holding up change is republicans again showing that they don't care all they care bout is money corporations and me me me u want change get a democratic congress and more in the senate
Idiot.

Tell us how far all of these GOP House bills progressed in the democrat-controlled Senate, genius.

http://majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/
1 post removed
Stonewall

High Point, NC

#9683 Sep 23, 2011
John wrote:
You`re absolutely right John and these welfare riders better be buying them a spade and hoe and start digging up their back yards cause all these entitlements are gonna be gone..MHO

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Matawan, NJ

#9684 Sep 23, 2011
LMAO...that's funny you say that Dufus since you are a "welfare rider." You got yourself a nice little SS disability check and now you sit back and criticize others who do the same. Your stupidity is eclipsed only by your hypocrisy.
Stonewall wrote:
<quoted text>You`re absolutely right John and these welfare riders better be buying them a spade and hoe and start digging up their back yards cause all these entitlements are gonna be gone..MHO

“"HEY OBAMA"”

Since: Jul 11

"In My World You Don't Exist"

#9685 Sep 23, 2011
Hes Black, he doesn't know what a job looks like, how the hell is he gonna create any??
John

United States

#9686 Sep 23, 2011
Sundog512 wrote:
LMAO...that's funny you say that Dufus since you are a "welfare rider." You got yourself a nice little SS disability check and now you sit back and criticize others who do the same. Your stupidity is eclipsed only by your hypocrisy.
<quoted text>
You, grumpy, dingo, just don't get it. Your just like the fools in washington. Both parties have done this to the country and it doesn't matter who's to blame or who we elect. It has already gone too far. If we did not make any more debt at all and started pay 10 million every day towards the deficit, it would take 3800 years to get us paid out. If we paid 1 dollar every second towards the deficit, it would take 440,000 years to pay us out.

We are a long long way past broke. It CANNOT be fixed. Everything needs to come to a stop. The sooner the better. To not realize the seriousness of our situation is foolishness. We are going to be going back to a barter system. The world economy is crumbling and there is no stopping it.
I would suggest that everyone read "Patriot" by James Wesley Rawles. James is a retired military intelligence officer and also runs a survival forum.
The book Patriot follows the course that we are living today. It is a fictional story based on true events around the world. It is also a shopping list of items that a group will need. It is a very educational book and I would be very pleased if EVERYONE would read it. The time of blaming and pointing fingers is over. We need to pull together. We are going to need each other.
1 post removed
DON ROSE

Houston, TX

#9688 Sep 23, 2011
I get double welfare checks. One for me and one for my butt hurt donkey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min More Trump Lies 262,268
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 46 min True Judment 7,583
News Trump takes aim at Obama's efforts to curb glob... 50 min USAUSAUSA 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,509,503
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr alarm 239,520
News Trump's immigration crackdown is hurting US far... 1 hr spud 22
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Judgement 25,284
News Fights erupt at pro-Trump rally on California b... 2 hr Fit2Serve 135
More from around the web